• Published 3rd Apr 2015
  • 5,032 Views, 194 Comments

The Shimmer In Her Eyes, And The Sunset On Her Body - MyLittleGeneration



In this story, Travis Rayne and Sunset Shimmer have a romance in the making at Canterlot High!

  • ...
18
 194
 5,032

Sunset Slumber

The time is now. The school week ended, and we enter the weekend. But tonight, this night, is a special night. I was invited over to Sunset's place, and I'll be spending the night with her friends, after all, it was a slumber party. What's a slumber party without sleeping over? But I wasn't going to be the only dude there. Arin was invited, too. And with me thinking about Sunset over there, I bet highly that Arin is thinking the same with Rainbow. But we hop on the bus, and settle along. I sit next to Sunset, so she'll tell me when we get off and go to her place. It took a while though. Probably because I was so anticipated, and it nearly killed me.

But we make it, and I go off with Sunset, and stand in front of a giant building. It wasn't her house, it was a building which contained her home. She lived in an apartment. All by herself. Got to say, she's pretty lucky to be a teen living by herself in an apartment, without parents included! We settle in after Sunset inserts her key in her door, and unlocks it. She was on the top, and when the door opened, I noticed her awesome apartment. She had a fine kitchen, a comfortable living room, and a bright-white bathroom, too. Her room I didn't see, considering her door was closed, but we sat around for a bit, waiting for the others to come over. First came Pinkie and Rarity, ready for the night to get going. Then, came Fluttershy and Applejack. Then, came Rainbow Dash, in which lagging right behind her was Arin, whom bumps into RD on complete accident. "Oops. Hehe." Arin said and chuckled. But we got along pretty well, as day turned to night.

To start off, we have the energetic beam of excitement, Pinkie Pie, screaming, "Let's get this slumber party started!" And with that, we start the slumber party. Time to start the fun. I immediately crack open a pepsi, since I am a pepsi-holic (Kudos if you know reference). Arin goes drinking a sprite. We then started to sit around Sunset's 80-inch TV, which she actually surprised me with, but she said she got it cheap at some closing store sale, but we decided to have a round-about with movies to watch and enjoy.

We watched two movies, "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" and "Pitch Perfect." Great time was spent, as we usually went about, having a conversation and laughing along. I sat next to Sunset on the couch, and Arin sat in a beanie, alongside with Rainbow on the floor, which he offers her to sit next to him later on, in which she decides to do so. She sits next to Arin, smiling, with Arin blushing of course! It kinda felt good to see my best bud get along nicely with a girl he has a crush on. Oh I hope that ends in a happy ending. But all aside, it has been a snuggly little watch for all of us. And by the way, the popcorn really caught my taste buds there.

And with that ending, we started to go get some delicious pizza, in which when it comes, we devour. Ah, cheese, were you always this good? Oh, the stuffed crust. Man, it felt like a blast just hanging around and doing what teens want to do. Not the illegal stuff, which I NEVER want to do, but all the fun things teens want to do. Arin started to joke around a bit, cracking up some jokes then and there. Especially when we were having some Mortal Kombat tournament with Sunset's Playstation 3. Nearly choked on my pepsi when Arin cracked a real good one during the time. At the end, Rainbow hailed as the King of Mortal Kombat. Or Queen, but she likes King better. I suck at Mortal Kombat anyways, but I beat Fluttershy in the first round, because she was a little disturbed by the fighting. It was cute to watch. Wonder what goes on in the mind of Fluttershy.

Night comes around, though, and my mom checks on me to see how I'm doing. "Fine, Mom." I respond on my cell phone. "I'm having a blast of my life! Never thought a moment like this can ever happen to a guy like me."

"Oh, I'm glad for you, honey." she said back at me. "I'll go pick you up tomorrow morning, alright?" With that I tell her yes and goodnight, and end the quick little call we had.

We decided to just sit around and watch some television at night turning to midnight. We sometimes watched cartoons, like this awesome show named Gravity Falls, and some sitcoms, like Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. But during the time, Sunset sat next to me, and later, she layed her head on my shoulder. I hope she didn't feel my heartbeat, as it started to feel like I just drank two cans of Red Bull. Ew. But anyways, it felt like she was really close to me. I don't know what got into me, but I started to wrap my arm around her, and she then wraps an arm around me. Keep in mind this was during some quiet little romance scene, too. She then later on, like after five minutes of holding each other tight, decided to go head out to the balcony. "I'm gonna go head out to the balcony. Get a sight of the city." Sunset told us. "If you want, you can come." Everyone was like 'nah', but I was like 'ya'.

I head out towards the balcony, where Sunset looked at the city of Canterlot bloom into life. No, it didn't have moving buildings, or whatever supernatural magic going about. I meant the lights. It looked like an angelic city with lights showing off such beauty. I loved this place. I loved this city. And... I loved this woman next to me. Sunset Shimmer. I laid on the hammock next to Sunset, staring off into the distance of the city. She then sighs, and lays next to me on the hammock. It swings left and right, and man do I love hammocks. But the more important thing here, was Sunset next to me. I looked up into the stars above. She then started to say, "Man, the night sure is lovely." Her voice sounded soothing and sweet. "I mean, the stars, the city. Everything is amazing here." She then took a look at me, and I notice that. "Especially you, Rayne." I start to blush, and felt really excited, thinking that a moment might reveal itself.

"Yeah," I then said. "I have to say, the night's always beautiful, just like you, too." She then smiled and blushed. The night then felt dreamy. "Sunset, ever since I laid my eyes on you, I really felt something really... soothing and warm in my heart. And when we met, you really showed care for me. Very friendly matters. I wish people back then liked me as a friends or whatever."

She then gave me a look. "What do you mean? Did you really not have friends back then, well, other than Arin, but did you really not?" I shook my head.

"Nope. I thought they were, but they weren't. They were never true friends, and I just thought that they were like the cool kids. Like I thought I was." I look Sunset in the eyes. "Life was like stupid back then. Back then, I thought I could like hang out with any cool girl I want. I tried, but failed to do so, and plus they were not like I thought they were. You though," I put my hand on her cheek. "You were one of those girls that I thought I was going to lose. And that's scary for me. Not because I was afraid of having another fail, but because I actually cared for a girl like you. Your voice, your beauty, your ways. It was unlike any other."

She then placed her hand on my cheek. "Travis, I care for you, too. And I'm glad you're over here for the night." With that then, excitement filled the mind. Heartbeat running wild, cheeks feeling warm, and a great sensation of joy. It turned out, Sunset kissed me. I closed my eyes like she did, and we embraced the kiss. My first kiss, and it felt amazing. I actually never thought this is how a kiss actually felt. It felt way more than I thought. We kissed for a while, and we soon separate our lips. Sunset smiled at me, and giggled. Her cheeks were bright and rosy, and hey, mine were, too. I could feel the warmth all over the cheeks. "You really like me? Honest of heart?" Sunset asked.

I placed both hands on both cheeks again, and say, "With all my life, Sunny. I'll be there for you." We both giggle, and prepare for another one, until you know, someone blocks you. Rainbow Dash opens the screen door leading to the balcony, and we both fall off the hammock, and I notice myself on top of Sunset, and we both get off.

"That was awesome!" Rainbow said. Looking so happy for the both of us. We stood there, shocked in awe. We both blushed, noticing something. Rainbow Dash, and possibly the others, saw the kiss between us. "You guys should feel so happy for yourselves. You and you are a couple now!" She jumped in glee, like if she just turned into a Pinkie Pie.

"Listen, RD, don't go screaming this." I tell her. "Did the others see it?"

Rainbow looked back, and said, "Nah, the others are stone cold asleep. Guess they fell asleep during that boring sitcom episode." She then decided to do something, something that has to do with me. "Hey, uh, Sunset, can you go back in for a second? I just have to ask Travis something. Nothing like stealing your man."

"Uh, sure." Sunset said. And with that, she left the balcony.

Rainbow sat on the hammock, and I listened to her. "Hey, Travis, you are best friends with Arin, right?" I nod. "So, uh, can you bother to answer this. You must know this. Arin has been acting... strange. Around me, of course. Which brings up a thought." I knew what she was going to ask, and she was twiddling her thumbs, and looked down. "Does... does Arin like me? More than a friend?" I felt my heart beat pretty fast suddenly. Man, these heartbeats. But it was just a situation here. Should I keep quiet, or should I tell her the truth? Arin confessed his liking of Rainbow Dash, and I don't know if I should just say it in front of her.

But, I decide to ask her, "Do you like Arin?" I gave her a brow. "I mean, he is pretty cool to hang with." I grin, and Rainbow blushes.

"Well..." Rainbow said, scratching the back of her head, then playing with her long, rainbow hair. "I don't know... yet."

I still had a moment. Telling your best friend's crush that he likes her, or just keep it to yourself. But wouldn't she think he does anyways? Oh forget it. "Yes." I told her.

Rainbow took a moment to realize it, holding her forehead with her one blue hand. "Wow." she said. Now I couldn't tell, which I might feel stupid about. Does she feel happy about this, or not? It scared and startled me for a bit. "Arin actually likes me..." I soon decide to go back inside, like give Dash a little moment to think about Arin liking her. I hope soon Arin doesn't hate me for it. I opened the screen door, and before I close it, I heard, "He likes me..."

Sunset was just laying her back on the wall, then walked up to me. "So, what was going on?" she asked. I looked at RD, outside on the balcony, holding her forehead still.

"I might of confessed Arin's love for Rainbow Dash." I whispered close to her ear, just in case someone, like Arin, was listening or going to wake up from my words. Sunset looked out at RD, too.

"Wow. Must have been something, right?" she asked, and I gladly nodded. "I hope she has about the same feelings for him. I mean, I know RD, she's a tough girl, a tomboy, and she actually has looked like she's been looking forward to some relationship with someone. Kind of like me, but hey, I have you now." she quickly pecked my cheek with a sweet kiss. "Guess get some shut eye?"

"Yeah, pretty bummed out from all that fun we had back there." I answer, and I, carefully and quietly, get on the vacant couch, and sleep on the couch. I enjoyed this night, and I was tired, but I just couldn't sleep. It just kept coming to me. The kiss from Sunset. It kept me up all night, but it felt actually enjoyable to think about. I love Sunset, and Sunset loves me. Which yet makes us a couple. But then another thing popped up from earlier. Arin loves Rainbow Dash, but it wasn't said nor proven that Rainbow Dash loved him. But can it be possible that they can be a couple under the moonlight. I hoped so. But soon, I get the moment where you just have your vision turn black, basically finally sleeping for a good while. Best night ever.

Author's Note:

Hope you all enjoyed this long and awesome chapter I wrote! :twilightsmile: Please give it a comment and review, if you wanna! Working hard up here in the school!