• Published 3rd Apr 2015
  • 5,052 Views, 194 Comments

The Shimmer In Her Eyes, And The Sunset On Her Body - MyLittleGeneration



In this story, Travis Rayne and Sunset Shimmer have a romance in the making at Canterlot High!

  • ...
18
 194
 5,052

Bullets Over Canterlot

(1st Person)

As I laid there on my bed, I woke up finally. "Oh, what a nightmare." I said to myself, alone in this room. It was scary to pass out from that fatal bullet, then wake up in an emergency room. I thought it was like a horror movie going on. But I went back asleep due to anastasia from the surgical crew. Next second, I wake up, seeing myself pretty held up and covered up over my bullet wound, yet wondering whether this was reality or not. It scared me throughout. I went through surgery, and I survived it, which I am happy about. But, where are my friends?

Then, the door opened, and a doctor was shown. Then as it opened more, I notice people. My friends. Arin, my savior, Rainbow, Fluttershy, Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Gavin... and Sunset Shimmer. She seemed to cry in happiness seeing me. I raise my hand up. "Hey, guys..." I said.

They entered the room, with the doctor closing the door, saying, "I'll leave you guys to it." As he smiled and closed the door, everyone looked at me. Sunset walked up close to me. She seemed to look very delicate. She rubbed my cheek, and I just stared.

"H-how hurt are you?" Sunset asks me. It's hell. The pain feels like hell.

But I respond, "It's alright. Nothing much." She smiles at me, and so does everyone else.

"So," she continued. "Will it hurt to give a hug?" I thought about it.

I nod. "Yeah, sure. I won't bleed." I said. I was actually going to do a douche thing which would kinda be funny, I guess. Will Smith makes it look funny. As she slowly wrapped her arms around me in a loving manner, I scream. "Aah! Aah! Aah! Oh god!" I scream. She backs off, screaming, too. Then I chuckle. "Hehe. Gotcha!" I said. Then Sunset laughed, and so did the rest of my friends. "Come here." I told her. Then she wrapped her arms around me, hugging me.

She held pretty tighter each second, but I took it. She seemed to really be happy about seeing me alive. After all, I'm not just a boyfriend to her. I was now a hero to her. "Thank you so much, Travis. I missed you so much." she said, sobbing tears of joy. "I love you."

"I missed you, too, Sunny." I told her. "And trust me I love you." Arin then came from behind Sunset and just waited for the hug to end.

"Oh." Sunset said, noticing Arin was waiting, and so she blushed in embarrassment. "Sorry, Arin. You can go ahead."

Arin walked up to me, kneeled by my side, and spoke words. "Hey, man." Arin said. "I-I just wanted to say... some words. I'm sorry, man." He started to tear up. "I'm sorry about leaving you behind at lunch AND the incident. You were like a friend to me. A true friend in the past back in the old days when you were just little kids trying to be cool in school, and we were meant to be that way. Instead, I just about screwed it up and overreacted, calling you a jerk. Travis... can we be friends again?" He looked up at me, and I nodded.

"Yeah, man." I told him. "Ain't gonna leave no friend in such a state. Give me some sugar." We then did a bro hug, then seperated after a little while. Dash came by and put her hand on Arin's shoulder. With that, I smiled. "Let me guess." I started to say. "You got-"

Arin interrupted me, or pretty much finished my line, saying, "The girl. Yes. Yes I did." Dash then pecked him on the cheek, causing Arin to blush red. I chuckled.

"I'm glad, Arin. You deserve it. Considering you came in to save our lives. Without you, we'd be..." I was speaking, then I stopped speaking. But Arin knew what I was going to say anyways, so it wasn't really big or anything, but it was true. Without his help, his takedown, his heroic bravery, we would have become casualties. Dead casualties.

Sunset then turned my head, then kissed me. As we embraced the kiss, the friends were alarmed by knocking. The second knock quickly seperated our loving kiss. Then, I shouted, "Come in!" Then, my parents came in. Man, this room was getting crowded. Not with just people, but it was crowded with balloons that I just noticed now saying 'get well soon' and 'have a nice day' on it. Pinkie's doing, I suppose. Not that I was annoyed, because it felt heartwarming to see care. "Hey, mom and dad." I told my parents with tears in their eyes. My father hugged me tight with his muscular arms, and I let it happen. Honesty, he never does this usually, pretty much since he's a tough guy of things, but with me being shot, guess he couldn't try to be tough in this.

Time passes of just the gang being with me. Gavin said some words on how I was just brave for standing up to Bruin in BOTH situations, then said goodbye as he left to go home, now glad to see I was OK. My parents told me how much they love me, but then left, sadly because of a situation they had to deal with. They said their goodbyes. The gang still hung out with me, laying on this bed, attached to an IV and a heart-rate monitor. Ya, wasn't the best look of me, considering I think my chest was probably scarred. I didn't look at my bare chest yet, but I'm pretty sure there was stitched from Point A to Point B around where the bullet hit. It was a magnum bullet, so I was sure. Did feel better along the way, though.

My friends continued to say and have a chat with me until the same doctor came in to take them out since they had their time of visiting me. They could actually be able to stop by later on, though, which was great. "Sorry, guys." the doc said. "Gotta get going, I suppose. You can visit later on, and chat with Rayne some more." Everyone nodded and said goodbye. Sunset kissed me on the cheek, and was the last one to leave the room. Then came the nurses...

It wasn't bad to go through some of the things I had to deal with the nurses. They just did some health thingies, and gave me food, like breakfast and lunch. Really nice-quality food, I must say. But time getting through slowly. I was wishing for the clock to go faster, but that's really not how it works. It took its time ticking the seconds, the minutes, and the hours. I didn't know when my friends, or at least one of my friends, would be visiting again. Missed them already. Wow.

Then, around 2:00 PM, the door opened. There was Sunset, smiling at me still awake. "Glad you're still feeling fine and up." she said to me. "How's the old wound doing?"

I smiled. "I guess you can say it's fine. Thanks for asking." I said. She sat on the chair next to me, holding my hand.

"You have any idea how long you're going to be in here? I mean, I swear they must have told you how long a bullet-wounded patient must rest before continuing a normal life, right?" she asked me then. "I don't know if you're going to heal quickly or not." I tried to remember on how long the doc told me I would be in here. Surprisingly, I remember him saying that it would be just two days after the concert. (I don't care if it's impossible) I whispered it to Sunset, who sighed. "That sucks. I really wanna hear you sing with your awesome voice." she reacted, coming up with another sigh.

"I know." I said. "I wanted to hear yours, too." We then wrapped arms around each other, hugging. Then, something felt weird when I put my hands around her waist. A bump. Felt really solid. Something was in her pocket. "Sunset," I started to ask. "What's in your pocket?" She opened her eyes, knowing that I noticed the thing in her pocket.

"Alright," she said in defeat. "Don't... please don't tell anyone." She pulled out then the scariest object I saw. No... Sunset had a gun. It was small and was silver, loaded with like six bullets ready to shoot and fire into someone's skin and bone.

I looked at Sunset in shock. "Sunset..." I started to say, at a huge loss for words. This wasn't like her. "Why? Why do you have a gun? You're not going to kill anyone, are you?" Sunset looked down with the gun. You know, she was lucky their were no windows for this room so people in the hallway could see this, and plus the room was soundproof, too, for some strange reason. "This isn't like you..."

Sunset said words, feeling pretty bad for holding a gun. "Only if I have to." she said. She looked at me. "Travis, I have to say something... Bruin shot you, and almost killed you. It kinda got to me a little bit... But no, I'm not going to charge in prison and be like The Punisher and kill him for good. I'm holding this baby as my guardian angel. My self-protection."

I looked up at Sunset, still shocked. "Sunset, if people see that, you'll... you'll get in trouble!" I told her. "And plus, that was Bruin. Bruin and Bruin only. This city seems nice and isn't dangerous. There is nothing to worry about."

She had tears come through her eyes, once more. "You don't understand this city." she said. "In the city, there are some mean guys out there. Their will always be. You don't know when they'll come, but when I have this, they'll think twice of messing with me!"

"Sunset," I then started to tell her. "If people see you with a gun in the first place, they'll think YOU'RE the problem, and not them. Then, the gunfight will come. Sunset, I'm just saying this for your own good, baby. Please." Tears ran through my eyes and down my cheeks, slowly. This is what Bruin turned her into. A scared girl whom was innocent, now holding a gun in fear of the world and future. Never was that ever close to Sunset. I had to make her feel safer and better. "Sunset, nobody will hurt you, I promise."

She stared at me, angrily. "Bruin shot YOU, but he was trying to shoot ME. Matter of fact, he was looking to kill ALL." she said, then looking back at the small, shiny gun. She stood up. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Travis, but this is the way it'll have to be. If you just ignore it, we'll go better ways and so will the world." She walked towards the door, concealed the gun, and was about to leave. I couldn't let this happen.

I did something pretty crazy and something I regretted doing. I fought with her. "Sunset!" I shouted at her. "I saved your life, I threw myself into the bullet, YOU OWE ME TO EVEN!" I felt hurt by doing this. I was shouting at Sunset, and Sunset seemed pretty scared, but was understanding this situation. "All I ask to split us 50-50, is just to do what I want." I lended my hand out. "Give me the gun, Sunset." She stared at me, and wasn't giving me the gun. She did have the look of not wanting to do it, badly. "Give me the gun! You'll do fine in this world! GIVE ME THE GUN!" I couldn't absolutely believe how loud I was. More shocked at how nobody was barging in talking about a gun.

Then, Sunset pulled out her gun. She held it by the muzzle, and aimed the end at me. She then threw it on my bed. "There." she said. "I hope you're happy..." She walked out, crying. I couldn't believe what I have done. I yelled and shouted at my girlfriend, my dream girl, my happiness. All to get her to get rid of the gun. As she exited and closed the door, I looked at the metal object. It shined bright, and I reached for it. Once I grabbed it, I had to check the gun. If Sunset really WAS looking to hurt someone for self-protection. I opened it to look at the ammo. It was all full. Silver bullets were in the slot, and their was no vacant spot. She really was serious about this. If someone came up to hurt her, she was really going to hurt him or her. I... I... Sunset...

"Sunset..." I said to myself, then closing the gun after I emptied the gun of its ammunition. I dropped the gun, and covered my face with my hands. Holy hell... I cried and cried and cried, and I couldn't dare think about an event Sunset would be in having her gun in the city in a bad situation. "It's for your own good..."

Author's Note:

Enjoyed? Keep in mind, this chapter was freshly inspired by Fresh Prince of bel-Air, if you haven't taken a look at the title of the chapter. I loved that part, and thought it can come about in this story. Still hope you enjoyed!