• Published 3rd Apr 2015
  • 5,051 Views, 194 Comments

The Shimmer In Her Eyes, And The Sunset On Her Body - MyLittleGeneration



In this story, Travis Rayne and Sunset Shimmer have a romance in the making at Canterlot High!

  • ...
18
 194
 5,051

Worried...

Ever just since that time, me and Sunset were probably both shocked to have that happen. We were still a couple, but it just came to a crazy moment like that. I kinda thought we might have lost each other, almost. Sunset had a gun, and she was willing to defend herself because of an incident happening to me. She was... worried. Scared. Frightened. Matter of fact, she's probably terrified of just going out now without her loaded gun. I emptied the bullets earlier, and it really got to me. I really started to then worry about her myself. Not just of how Sunset was thinking about the world around her, but the fact of her safety. Why am I starting to worry about it? I mean, I took her gun away because I thought it was bad! THINK!

Then, Arin came in, wearing his jacket. "Hey, my man." he said right as he got in. But he didn't get a pleasant welcome look from when he came in. I was sobbing. He came close. As the door closed, he asked, "Bro, what's wrong?" He looked down, and saw something. He saw a gun resting on my stomach. "Travis," he said, worried. "Don't tell me that you're-"

I quickly interrupted, before Arin goes crazy over this. "Arin, it's not what you think." I tell him. He stopped and listened. "This gun... is... Sunset's..." I told him, and Arin reacted with a gasp. He opened his eyes and was shocked. Utterly shocked.

"No. It can't be hers." he said in disbelief. "Sunny, she's... she's a good person, she won't be carrying around a gun. Seriously, it's not like she's going to kill someone. She's not like that, Rayne. If you're thinking about killing people or killing yourself, just tell me and I'll help, man."

I stared at him. "But I'm NOT going to hurt anyone." I told him truthfully. "Arin, you might be thinking this is a joke that Sunset has a gun, but things may be true. She CARRIED this gun." I showed him the gun after lifting it up. "Arin, please... Sunset needs help. She came in, hugged me... then I felt the gun. She had the gun, and she was willing to kill ANYONE to protect herself." Arin sat and listened. He tried not to believe it, but it was no use. He was starting to believe. "She's worried, Arin. She's worried like the world's after her. That's why she carried this. She even told me herself. Arin, the incident scared Sunset into being a person who can't trust anyone. She's losing it, and I think... maybe you and Dash, and even others, can help Sunset feel calm. I shouted at her to give me the gun, and, well, here it is." I pointed at my small table with a drawer. "Open it." I ordered him.

He opened it and found bullets inside. He put his hand over his mouth and gasped in horror. This was a reality to him. "She... Sunset had this?" he asked me. I nodded. He looked back at the bullets, then the gun, then at me. He nodded. "I'll try to help her. Anything for you, best bud."

I bro-hugged him. "Thanks, man." I said, now forming tears in my eyes. "Sunset is an innocent, beautiful person that is soon probably going to get herself hurt. Not just physically, but certainly mentally. Do what you can. I heard Dash really is a good friend for Sunset through the days, so call her up and get her to aid you out on helping Sunset."

"And if she just kicks us out?" he asks, wanting a plan B.

"Just call everyone else and try to find a location where you can talk to Sunset about this. She needs to understand Arin. Before it's too late, do it." I told him. He rushed out of the door with the gun and bullets, concealed, and he left the hospital. I prayed to Arin that he does well. I did the same for Dash.

(3rd Person)

Before he set foot on the path to Sunset's apartment, Arin brought up his cell phone. He went into his contacts, and called up Dash. As it rang, Arin was hoping she would pick it up. He really wanted her help on this, since he feels he might screw up. The phone was picked up. "Arin?" the voice, or Dash I should say, questioned.

"Dash, I need you to meet me at Sunset's apartment building, in front of it, no questions asked. Please? I'll explain everything when I meet you there." Arin told her. After Rainbow Dash agreed, he hung up the phone. He made his way to Sunset's place, now hoping Dash would be just there when he did. Gladly after minutes, she was.

He rushed over to her, and Rainbow Dash brought a questioning look. "So, what do you need me for?" she asked. "What do we have to do in front of Sunset's apartment building?" I brought her close to whisper to her.

"Dash, listen, Sunset's... in trouble. Travis told me that she was. He showed me a gun that she had, and it was even loaded." During his explaining, Dash's eyes grew by the second. As he explained the rest of it, he looked at Dash. She couldn't believe it. Matter of fact, she looked like Arin when he first heard Rayne tell him that Sunset had a gun. "Listen, think I'm crazy, but trust me, she needs help." He started shaking Dash. "She's worried about the world after her. If she's afraid, God knows what will just happen."

She agreed to it, then they both went into the building. As they walked up the stairs, they were worrying about her more and more. As they got in front of Sunset's apartment, Arin knocked. As they waited, they heard an irritated sigh. The door opened, and Sunset showed herself. She looked at both of them, then knew they were Arin and Dash. Her friends. "What do you want?" she asked. "I got... stuff to do."

Arin looked straight at Sunset. "Sunset," he said, but Sunset knew what was going to happen. She closed the door, but Arin's hand got in the way. "Sunset!" he said. He then opened the door. "We're trying to help you."

"With what?!" she shouted. She was antagonized by this. "I'm doing fine! What do you wanna help me with?"

"You're scared, Sunset." Arin told her. "Travis told me what happened earlier between you two, and I wanna help." He walked in with Dash, and he closed the door. He walked over and sat on a chair. "You need help. You bought a gun and you were going to use it to hurt people for self-protection because you're all worked up. You think the world is a dangerous place now, when really it isn't." Sunset faced away and looked out the window. "Bruin scared you. He scared you when he tried to shoot you, and you got the thought that everyone is dangerous. But all I kinda ask is... why? Why do you just react crazily like that?"

Sunset then turned around, and seemed to regret the words she was about to say. "Because people tried hurting me before." she answered. "Before Bruin, there was the school."

Arin tilted his head in confusion. "What do you mean?"

Sunset sighed. "The school hated me back then. And for a good reason... A reason you might not know... Not even I told Travis."

Rainbow put her hand on Arin's shoulder. "Arin, let's just say this: Sunset back then was..." Rainbow left it there.

Sunset finished it for her. "A bitch. A she-demon. A bully." She walked up to Arin, sat on another chair across Arin, and cupped up her face with her hands. After some shedded tears, she told Arin the story. "Back then, I used to be the school bully. And I mean THE school bully. I cared for nobody but myself, and soon after a while, Dash and a couple of friends kinda beat me with... uh, don't find this strange, cause it's true... magic. And I was a demon trying to take over the school."

Arin looked at Dash. "Is she legit or crazy?" he whispered. "Cause I'm starting to feel scared right now..."

"Nope, she's legit." Dash told him, giggling. But Sunset surely wasn't.

She continued. "After that, I learned the true magic of friendship, so I decided to become a friend. During then, do you think people would accept me, just like that? NO!" Her eyes filled up with water, and her voice was breaking. She was getting red, too. "People started to just avoid me, but that was half of them. The other half qualified to HURT me. Some wanted to KILL me for real! I started to get some threats in my locker, started having some people go after me, and it was terrifying. It was the worst. Though, my friends started to help me through it, one of them being Dash. But still, I got hurt at times, and it felt painful. During the time, I even heard and saw some bad things that seemed terrible, like a gang shooting at some place in the outskirts of Canterlot. I got... scared. Worried..."

Arin couldn't believe what he was hearing. Not only was he just shocked of just magic and her being a demon once, but the fact she was a bully before. THE school bully. And it kinda hurt to hear about her trying to be friends with everyone, but people turned her down harshly, just hurting her mentally and physically. "Sunset..." he started to say, feeling guilty of just doing this then hearing the truth. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry, I never knew you had such problems..." He put his hand on Sunset, making her feel better. "That was the past, though. Now, it's all better. Nothing bad's going happen to you."

Sunset threw her hands around Arin, and cried on his shoulder. "Thank you." she told him. "But wait..." Sunset took her arms off of Arin. "What is Rayne going to think about this? You might take it easy, but you're you. He's him. He might not like me anymore. Oh God, what do I do now?" She started to sob again, but Arin grabbed her hand. "Rayne... he might not feel good about hearing me being a school bully and being a demon and being a bad soul!"

Arin looked at her in the eyes. "I know Rayne, Sunset. Trust me, he'll understand. But now I need to ask something." He patted Sunset on her shoulder. "Are you better?"

Sunset nodded and sniffled. "Yeah." she said in a calm tone. "S-should we tell him now? Or should we wait?" she then asked. Arin thought about this.

"We'll tell him in a little bit. Are you really sure about this?" he told her, worried that maybe something sour will happen during Sunset's confession to Rayne about her dark and evil past. "We can always try to wait."

"No, Arin." she answered. "I'll do it now, and get it over with. And by the way, how s-sad was he? Like talking about our fight?"

"He was fine, but seemed pretty hurt. He told me just little about the fight, the gun, and just that. You don't need a gun here, Sunny. You'll live life fine. Bruin's gone for good, and we can enjoy ourselves. As friends." Arin was hugged again by Sunset, and Dash decided to join in to make Sunset feel a little better, too. The three then spent some time there, waiting for a bit, then set their way towards the hospital. Where a man laying on a bed was on a road to recovery...

Author's Note:

Enjoyed? Don't forget to like! If you don't mind! :raritywink: