• Published 12th May 2012
  • 2,263 Views, 164 Comments

The Canadian Brony - Biglaw



I'm in high school, got homework to do, deadlines to meet, but one night it all changes.

  • ...
11
 164
 2,263

Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

The seven of us had gotten onto the train to Canterlot. I sat next to Dashie, for obvious reasons, and we all piled into one car. "Wowee! I can't believe we're going to see the Princess again!" Pinkie shouted "Most certainly! I haven't seen the Princess since the wedding! I wonder how Shining Armor is?" Twilight said. I was a bit hungry, and so was Dash. We hadn't eaten anything because we had woken up late. "Hey, is anypony else hungry? I haven't eaten yet." I said. "Yeah, I'm a bit peckish right now." Twilight said. "Yeah, I'm hungry too, all I had was a cup of tea!" Rarity added "Yeah! I could eat a mountain! I mean, if it were made of candy! Or cake!" Pinkie said. Everypony else nodded in agreement, but we all didn't have a single bit on us. "Oh, um, how are we going to get anything to eat?" Fluttershy squeaked "I'm unsure, how are we going to get food without any money?" I said "Did somepony say food?" . We all heard the voice and turned to where it came from. It was Donut Joe! "Hey! It's you from the pastry competition!" Twilight said "It most certainly is! And I heard you need a bite to eat!" We all nodded in agreement; and Joe went into another car, and wheeled in a long table full of food. "WOW! Where did that come from?!?" Pinkie yelled out "Well, my family was supposed to meet me on the train for brunch, but they couldn't make it. So here you go, best not let it go to waste!" Joe happily said. There were croissants, bagels, apples, oranges, and even a pot of coffee. "Feel free to have so-" Joe was interrupted when Pinkie jumped at the table and stuffed apple and croissants in her mouth. We all joined in, and ate the delicious food set out before us.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That was delicious... Thank you Donut Joe!" I said "Oh, it was my pleasure!" Joe said. "Yes, it was quite delicious, thank you Joe." Rarity said, wiping off the crumbs on her muzzle. "Ah, ah do say that was mighty fine, thank ya Joe." Applejack said, sitting down. "Yeah, thanks a bunch Joe!" Dash said. "Oh, hey, I think we're almost at Canterlot!" I exclaimed. Everypony looked out the window, and they all cheered.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We arrive at the Canterlot Train Station at about 1pm, and as we get out, I see somepony familiar. "Hmm, Sapphire Blue, white mane, no, it couldn't be..." He walks towards me, and I know who he is. "Alexx! It's good to see you!" I shout out to him "Ah, Bolt! Good to see you!" Alexx says back. "What brings you to Canterlot?" I ask "Well, I am a royal guard!" He exclaimed. "Probably should of guessed that, since he's wearing golden armor." "So why are you at the station? Shouldn't you be at the castle?" Rarity asks "Well, I am here to escort you!" Alexx said. We nodded, and we were off towards the castle. "So how is Shining Armor Alexx?" Twilight asks "Oh, he's doing fine, he got back from his honeymoon about a week ago. He's been working twice as hard to make up for the lost time." Alexx said.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We arrived at the castle after walking for about fifteen minutes, and the castle was huge. "Oh, my, God. This place is HUGE!" I thought to myself. As we walked towards the gate, I saw Shining Armor talking to another guard. "Hey Shining Armor! I think this one's yours!" Alexx shouted out. Shining Armor looked over, and saw Twilight. He ran over and gave Twilight a hug. "Hey Twi how are you?" Shining Armor asked "I'm doing great, how's my BBBFF doing?" Twilight asked "I'm working hard, seems you have a new friend." Shining Armor looked at me, I smiled and said "My name is Star Bolt. Your sister is a very nice mare!" "Good to hear, now I have to get back to work. Some of the new guards need some pointers. Nice meeting you!" Shining Armor said. "It was nice to meet you too!" I shout back, and Shining Armor left.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We walked into the castle, and it was ginormous. "Echo!" I yell out, but no echo was heard. Everypony laughed, and we headed towards the throne room. On the way to the throne room, we ran into Luna. Everypony gasped, and went on one knee in the presence of the dark blue alicorn. "Hello there everypony! It is good to see you again. Hmm, I do not recognize you, may I ask of your name young colt?" Luna asked "Heh, I should try the Royal Canterlot voice." I took in a deep breath, and I spoke "Hello! My name is Star Bolt!" "Oh? You like the Royal Canterlot Voice? IT'S VERY FUN ISN'T IT?" I fell back when she spoke like that. "Whoa!!! That was about twice as loud as I was!" everypony laughed, including Luna. "You seem to be a good pony, you take care, I have to go to the archives." Luna gave us a smile, and left to go to the archives. We walked to the throne room, and there she was, Princess Celestia.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We all bowed when we got to the stairs leading to her throne, and she descended towards us. "Hello everypony, my faithful student Twilight Sparkle has informed me that a pony by the name of "Star Bolt" has arrived in Ponyville, And you must be him!" Celestia said. I looked up to see that all-so familiar alicorn, and I nodded. "Yes Princess, I am Star Bolt. What is it that you need me for?" I ask "Well, you see, there is, another Element of Harmony." Everypony in the room gasped. "What is this new element Princess Celestia?" Twilight asked curiously. "This new Element, is the Element of hope." Celestia said. "Where, or who, is the Element of Hope Princess Celestia?" I ask. "The Element of Hope, is you." Everypony gasped, including me. "What makes me the Element of Hope, Princess?" I ask. "Come with me Star Bolt, I shall explain it all to you." Celestia said, and she started to walk towards the royal gardens, and so I followed her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wow, me, an element of harmony, I wonder how... Oh well, it'll be explained to me soon enough.". Celestia and I had made it to the gardens, and some guards were following. "You two, you may go elsewhere. I request to talk to Star Bolt in private.". The two guards bowed, and they left. "So, Princess, how am I worthy of being an Element of Harmony? I've only been in Equestria for just over a week, what have I done to earn such a responsibility?" I asked "Well, you see, it's not what you've done here, but what you did in your own world. On Earth. "What? What could I have done there?" I asked "You have gone through much more in such a short time, than most ponies would have in a long time. You endured through it, and kept hoping for something better." Celestia said. "You are right, I have been through a lot. I guess that's what made me worthy." "It is, and you hoped for a better tomorrow, so I brought you here, but for another reason." "What is that reason Celestia?" I wondered "You see, Equestria is facing a.... Rather large threat." Celestia said worryingly "What is it?" I ask "You see, Discord is, rather not tolerant of his prison, and is trying to escape it." "How long until he will get out?" "About eight months, I wanted to inform you, to give you time to prepare." "Well, thank you for telling me of this. It's been a pleasure meeting you." "You too Derrick." We both began to head back to the throne room, when I realized something. "Wait, eight months from now means... Oh god, Dash."