• Published 12th May 2012
  • 2,263 Views, 164 Comments

The Canadian Brony - Biglaw



I'm in high school, got homework to do, deadlines to meet, but one night it all changes.

  • ...
11
 164
 2,263

Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

I woke up a bit earlier than I normally would, probably because I slept out on the couch. "It's surprisingly more comfortable than I thought!" , I looked around the living room, and I saw a picture of Dashie as a filly. "Aww, she looked so cute, and still is!" I thought to myself. I continued to look about the room, and I stumbled across a book, it was a Daring Do novel. "Hmm, I wonder if this is as good as it was when Dashie read it, only one way to find out!" I grabbed an apple, and plopped myself on the couch, and began to read. "Daring Do was told of a rare artifact located in the Everfree Forest..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two Hours Later....

"And Daring Do escaped the evil clutches of the Ursa-corn with the Ruby pendant of Destiny! The end." "Wow, that was really good! No wonder Dashie liked it!" I thought to myself. I felt a tap on my shoulder, and I turned to see the messy maned mare whom I love. "Hey there Bolt, see you found one of my books." Dash said with a smile. "Yeah, you must think I'm an egghead now, don't you?" I said jokingly "Yeah, but your my egghead." Dash said softly. "Is something up Dashie? You seem a bit quiet." I ask "Oh nothing, still half asleep." "Must've slept pretty well huh Dashie?" "Yeah, now how about we make some breakfast. I don't know about you, but I'm getting hungry." Dash said. Both of our stomachs growled, and we both laughed and flew into the kitchen.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well it was painfully obvious that neither of us could cook worth a buck, considering we burnt almost everything, aside from anything that didn't touch the oven. "Uhhh, Hey Dashie? Do you just want some cereal?" "Yeah, that would be good." We both then proceeded to eat our cereal, and we then flew to Ponyville to see Twilight.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We made it to Ponyville at around noon, and we walked into the Library, and we saw Twilight organizing books. "Hey there Twi! What's up?" Dash shouted. "Gwaaah!" Twilight yelled, and dropped several books she was levitating. "Oh, hi there Rainbow Dash, hello there Bolt! What brings you here?"" Twilight asked "Oh, I found out my special somepony here is an egghead, and thought he might want some more books to read!" Dash said, I blushed a bit "Really Bolt? You like reading too?" Twilight said excitedly "Well, reading is okay, but I think I could be doi-" I was interrupted when Twilight started jumping up and down in circles, repeatedly saying "Yes yes yes yes!" happily. Me and Dash looked at one another, shook our heads, and quietly left the library. "Uhh, Twi? What are you doing?" Spike asked "Yes! Yes yes yes... Oh, heh heh, oops."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh, this prison is just absolutely dreary, tsk tsk. I'll be out of here soon, soon all chaos will break loose! Ah ha ha ha!". A guard standing close to the statue turned his head, and shook it in disbelief "Must be hearing things.".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dash and I flew out of the library, and Dash suddenly gasped "What's wrong Dashie?" I asked worryingly "Oh boy, I'm late for cloud patrol! I'll see you later, gotta fly!" Dash said, and flew off with great haste. "Hmm, maybe I should get a job, perhaps Applejack will have something I can do!" I said to myself, and I flew over to Sweet Apple Acres, to find Applejack bucking trees. "Hey there Applejack! Got a moment?" I shout out. "Ah, sure sugar cube! What's on your mind?" She shouted back. I flew down to the ground next to her, so we wouldn't have to shout. "So Applejack, I was just wondering if you could possibly get me a job here, at Sweet Apple Acres." Applejack looked at my hind hooves, and I could tell she was thinking of something. "Well, it looks like ya got some buckin' hooves, why not try to buck that tree?" Applejack said, and so I flew over to the tree. "Alright, you didn't win track for nothing, you can do this!" I thought, to motivate myself. I raised my hind legs, and bucked the tree as hard as I could. I must've hit the tree pretty hard, because I looked at Applejack's face, and her jaw was pretty much on the ground. An apple hit my head, and plenty more were falling on to me. "Wow, ah ain't seen anypony buck that hard before, ya have potential Bolt, ya sure do." Applejack said happily, I gave her a smile, and she went to grab a basket. "So, when do I start?" I asked "Right now!" Applejack said, bucking the basket towards me. "Aah!" I jumped out of the way of the flying basket, and it hit the tree. Another apple hit my head, and Applejack let out a chuckle. I laughed too, and we went on to buck more apples.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Six Hours Later...

"Wow, we sure buck a lot of apples today huh, Applejack?" I said, exhausted from all of the bucking "Yeah, ah think you're one of the best apple buckers ah've seen in a long time, how 'bout ya come back tomorrow?" Applejack said "Sure, what time?" I asked "Oh, be here around eight in the mornin', that'll be alright." Applejack said with a smile. "Oh, ah almost forgot, here's your pay, ya did good today." Applejack said, and tossed a small bag over to me. "Wow, this is my first day though!" I said, rather happily considering it was my first EVER payment. "Well, ya bucked apples, and ya made the money!" Applejack said with a smile. "Well, thanks Applejack!" I said "No, thank you for helpin' out 'ere." Applejack said, and I decided to leave the blond maned pony, I waved my hoof, and she waved back, and I flew back to the cloud house. "I wonder if Dashie is home, I sure hope so, might take her out for dinner." I thought, as I approached the home. I quietly stepped into the house, to surprise Dash. I tip-hoofed about the house, until I found her in the living room, reading a Daring Do book. "Gotcha." I thought, as I snuck up on her. I gave her a quick tap on the shoulder, and I yelled "BOO!" Dash jumped up, tossing the book across the room, and I laughed loudly. "Bolt!" She said with an angry look on her face. "Yes?" I ask shyly. "Prepare." She said "For what?" "For this!" she jumped onto me, and started to tickle me, I was smiling and laughing more than a filly on a sugar rush. "Ah ha ha! Oh Dash, Dashie stop!" "Why?" she asked, she stopped tickling me for a split second, and I tackled her to the ground, and I began to tickle her. "Ah hahaha! Bolt! Ha ha ha!!" Dash was laughing at least twice as loud as I was, and she rolled over from laughing so much. I stopped tickling her, and gave her a hug. "Hey Dashie?" "Yeah?" "Want to go again?" "Buck yeah!".