• Published 12th May 2012
  • 2,264 Views, 164 Comments

The Canadian Brony - Biglaw



I'm in high school, got homework to do, deadlines to meet, but one night it all changes.

  • ...
11
 164
 2,264

Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

"Oh man, why does this kind of stuff happen to me?" I thought as I walked back to the throne room to join the others. "I guess this is a test, a test to see if I am the element of hope.". I decided to take a bit of a detour, to see Luna. "I need somepony to talk to about this, and I don't want to say it to the others yet, Luna should know what to do."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got to the archives where Luna was, and I saw Shining Armor standing by the door. "Hey there Shining Armor, how's it going?" I ask "Oh, rather slow, nothing too interesting is happening. Though, I did hear that you talked with Celestia, may I ask why?" Shining Armor asked "Oh, it's kind of secret, maybe later on. Do you mind if I see Luna?" "Hmm, I guess, you could, but try not to take too long, she's been busy in there for a few days. Don't know what she's doing, but it must be pretty important." "Thank you Shining Armor, see you again soon!" I waved my hoof, and he set off to find Luna, wherever she is in the archives.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I searched for Luna for a little while, considering how large the Canterlot Archives are, I was lucky to find her this quickly. "Uh, hello there Luna, could you spare some time?" I ask "Yes, I do have some time, what is it of me that you need?" Luna said "Well, how come I was chosen as the Element of Hope? I mean, someponies have gone through so much more than I have, why me?" I ask "Celestia seems to think you exhibit the true aspect of hope, you kept believing for a better tomorrow, and that is why she chose you, Star Bolt." Luna said. "Now, I do apologize,but I must return to my studies." Luna said, and she opened the door with her magic.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I make it back to the throne room, and I see the six mares talking to one another. Rarity whispers something to them, and they all look at me. "Uhh, is there something wrong everypony?" I ask "Well, I would hope you would have at least told us about what happened last week!" Rarity shouted "What? What are you talking about?" I said, with my heart beating a bit faster. "You know, with Rainbow!" Rarity was looking furious "Uhh, Rarity? I don't think this is a good time to talk about this..." I say "WHY? Why is this NOT a good time!" "Well, it was something that the princess said to me." "What is it Bolt?" Dash asked "Yeah, what was that about?" Twilight jumped in "Well, it's Discord. He has been attempting to escape." Everypony gasped. "When will he get out?" Twilight asked "Well, the princess said he would get out in about eight months, perhaps a bit longer." Everypony sighed, except for Dash, and I think I knew why. "Hey Bolt, I need to talk to you, in private." I nodded, and we went somewhere away from the others. "Listen, Bolt, I think you probably thought of this, and it's true. I'm pregnant.". "Wow, me, possibly being a father." I thought to myself "That's wonderful Dashie!" I shouted, and gave her a big hug. "So, should we tell the others?" I ask "I think we should keep it our little secret." Dash gave me a wink, and I winked back. We both returned to the throne room to meet up with the others.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey there Bolt, what did Rainbow Dash have to say?" Pinkie asked "Oh, she said she was feeling kind of tired, she says it's been a long day for her." I lied, but I pulled a good poker face, so nopony suspected anything. "Umm, Okie dokie lokie then!" Pinkie said happily. "So, you're a new Element of Harmony, huh?" Twilight asked "Yep, I am. Feels rather nice, having such a title bestowed on somepony." I said "Um, uh, yes, that's very nice! Right?" Fluttershy said quietly. "Well it sure as buck is!" Applejack said, tossing her hat up in the air. "Alright everypony, we should get back to Ponyville soon, I have to get back to the library." Twilight said "Yes, we should get going soon, I can't imagine how the store is with Sweetie Belle being there alone." Rarity said, with some dread in her tone of voice. "Alright everypony, lets go!" I said, and we were escorted back to the train station by Alexx. "Been good to see you again." Alexx said "Yeah, maybe some other time we'll see each other." I said, and headed onto the train. I look over Alexx, and I saw Flare Chaser talking to a cloaked pegasus. "Hey! Flare!" I shouted. Flare looked at me, and took a bag of something from the pegasus, and flew off. "I wonder what that was about."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The seven of us got back to Ponyville at about six in the evening, and we went out separate ways, though I heard Rarity shriek, and I thought I knew why. I flew over to Carousel Boutique, and I went inside, to see Rarity holding a dress above her head, and scolding Sweetie Belle. "Now what in hay is going on here?" I shout, but when I saw the look in Rarity's eyes, I knew I made a mistake coming here. "WHAT'S GOING ON?!? Look at this dress! What is wrong with it?!?" Rarity shouted, and I gave the dress a good inspection. "I don't see anything wrong with it." I said. "It's... IT'S TORN!" Rarity roared. "Whoa! Hold it right there! Where is this tear?" I ask I saw Rarity look over the dress, and her eyes widened. "Oh my, oh dear, there is no tear!" Rarity discovered "Oh my dearest Sweetie Belle! How can I ever repay you for accusing you of such a thing?" Rarity was watery eyed "Well, you could let me have some ice cream!" Sweetie Belle said happily. Rarity bit her lip, and nodded "But eat it in the kitchen!" Rarity shouted, but Sweetie Belle already brought it upstairs. Rarity shrieked, and ran upstairs. I left the boutique, and snickered a bit. "Ahhh, Sweetie Belle, you're such a silly filly." I thought to myself, as I flew back to Dash's cloud home.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got back to the cloud house just as the sun was setting. "What a beautiful sunset, maybe Dash will be able to see it!" I thought to myself. I opened up the door, and the house was quiet. "Hey Dashie, you home?" I shouted out, but there was no response. I flew around the house, in search for my Dashie. "Dash? Dash? Where are you?" I shouted, but to no response. I flew into the bedroom, to find her sleeping, with tufts of cloud in her ears. "Great God, don't scare me like that!" I flew over the bed, and gave Dash a kiss on the cheek, I saw her smile, and I flew to the living room, to sleep on the couch. "I wouldn't want to disturb her sleeping, she looks so peaceful." I thought, and I slowly drifted into slumber.