• Published 26th Mar 2015
  • 2,513 Views, 69 Comments

Twilight's First Foals -- Episode I - The Hybrid Changelings - One Universe One story



Twilight wakes up from a nightmare to find two young foals on her door step. Turns out they're changeling hybrids and the kids of Sombra and Chrysalis. Well she was told to teach them love and she'll try! But what if Celestia visits and finds out.

  • ...
10
 69
 2,513

Chapter Five: Project Merc.

It took a good two and a half hours for Fluttershy to wake up in rage. Her nose was still bleeding and her head hurt. She couldn’t focus on being mad enough for her glare to work properly. This told Twilight it might take even longer for her plan to work.

“You. Big. MEANIES!” yelled Fluttershy glaring at one of the changelings. “What gives you the right to knock others out, huh? Is it when you think the rules of common courtesy don’t apply to you? WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU’RE SO SPECIAL?!?”

Twilight noticed that Fluttershy was glaring at one of the changelings and cast an area illusion spell. This spell, as some may know, focuses an image in all directions, in this case, Fluttershy’s glare.

As soon as all the changelings stopped fighting, Twilight cast the mind control release spell she was hoping to cast earlier. This released Sombra’s control on the changelings. Then Chrysalis commanded them to sit down on the ground, and all the changelings were on the ground with their wings folded on their backs, eyes closed, and breathing slowed.

“That... was round... two,” said Twilight gasping for breath. “Round... three... we might... be... out... of resources.”

“What do you mean, Twilight?” asked Chrysalis.

“Every... time... I cast... the release... spell... on... a mass... of creatures,... I lose... an equal... amount... of magic... for... an equal... amount… of minutes... as... the number... of... creatures,” Twilight said still gasping for breath.

“Didn’t ya say ya always carry a recharge crystal ever since ya tried to heal Snowdrop’s eyes?” asked Applejack.

“Yes… But... I… used it… when we… released… the first... round... of... changelings,” Twilight said still gasping. “ But… the Element… of Magic… should... help... me… recover... faster.”

“But ya look a little… outta breath,” said Applejack.

“Thanks… for… noticing… I-” said Twilight before passing out.

“Twilight!” yelled everyone as she passed out.

It took three hours for Twilight to wake up. And when she did she could barely move.

“Look who finally woke up.” said Sombra.

“What the-” said Twilight before getting cut off.

“Ah-ah-ah, don’t curse. It’s not befitting of a princess,” said Sombra. “Besides, if you play your cards right, I just might let you live.”

“What have you done with the others?” asked Twilight.

“Oh, don’t worry about them. They’re over in the main hall, chained to the pillars,” Sombra laughed.

“And what of Chrysalis?” Twilight asked as she raised an eyebrow.

“The same,” laughed Sombra.

“You’ll not get what you want, at least not while we have our… Ele-ments,” Twilight said as Sombra shown her her Element.

“You were saying?” Sombra said laughing.

“Aww, buck you,” Twilight said in anger.

“I told you not to curse,” Sombra said, “it’s a very unbecoming trait.”

“What do you even want this time?” asked Twilight.

“To put it simply,” Sombra said, “control of Equestria.”

“Yeah, and how do you expect to get that?” Twilight asked a bit smart-alek-y.

“Simple,” Sombra said. “I control the changelings don’t I?”

“No, Chrysalis does,” Twilight said.

“Not while they’re under mind control,” Sombra laughed.

“Yeah, and the only reason you got them under mind control is because Chrysalis loves you,” Twilight said.

“Love is overrated, It’s time for hate and darkness,” said Sombra.

“Yeah and as usual you’ll slip up somewhere and we’ll end up beating you... a-gain,” said Twilight smiling.

“I don’t think so,” said Sombra. “You see I found what you recently finished working on and found a way to perfect it.”

“No! Not my Mercenary Project!” Twilight yelled.

“You originally designed it for Royal Guards like your older brother,” Sombra said laughing, “but I found a way to make it work on Alicorns.”

“No! I won’t let you!” Twilight said. “It’s designed to work only if the host wants it to.”

“And I can make you want it to,” Sombra said. “You see, I’ll give you a choice. You make it work or I’ll take out your friends one by one.”

“What do you mean ‘take out’?” Twilight asked with fear in her eyes.

“You know,” Sombra said with a sinister smile as he summoned a bone scythe.

“No! Not…” Twilight said as a tear rolled down her cheek.

“Exactly,” said Sombra.

“Fine, get the crystal ready,” Twilight exclaimed as she started tearing up.

“I’ll do better, I’ll get the armour ready,” Sombra said with a smile, making the scythe disappear.

“Armour?” asked Twilight.

“ Yes, you made some armour to correspond with the crystals’ contents, remember?” Sombra said.

“Yes, but none fit my figure,” Twilight said.

“Incorrect, Twilight. A combination of Pegasus and Unicorn armour would fit just fine,” Sombra said turning around.

“Go to Tartarus,” Twilight said.

“Naturally that will be last on my list of places to conquer,” Sombra said looking back at her with a wide smile planted on his face.

Sombra exited the room and headed for Twilight’s lab. When he arrived he put a helmet built for a Unicorn and a back piece built for a Pegasus in a bag and then gathered the rest of the necessary armour for a guard and the first crystal he could find from Twilight’s ‘Mercenary Project’ and put those in the bag as well.

When he got back to where he was holding Twilight, it looked as though she had escaped.

“Oh dear, where ever has she gone? Maybe, right... here!” Sombra said sarcastically as he hit her in the side making her lose concentration. “Next time make sure you’re free before casting an illusion spell.”

“Oh, I will,” Twilight said holding her side.

“You’ll be free once you absorb this crystal,” Sombra said as he used his magic to hold up the crystal, which had the Omega symbol on it.

“No! That’s Omega! She’s unstable!” Twilight exclaimed.

“Does it look like I care?” Sombra asked sarcastically.

“You better, for your sake,” Twilight said.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever,” Sombra said, ignoring Twilight’s warning.

“Fine, get it over with,” Twilight said. “I’d hate to see you get hurt.”

Sombra set the crystal against Twilight’s forehead and it was absorbed into her. After it was absorbed she fell to the ground unconscious. It took five minutes for her to wake up again but this time it wasn’t her controlling herself.

“Alright, Omega put this armour on,” Sombra said.

Omega ripped the chain off her leg and put the armour on. The helmet covered her whole face, except her ears, it had a gold visor, a spot for her horn to come out, and an electrical ‘Heads Up Display’ and built in combat computer. The back piece was black as well and had two slots for wings to go through and a spot for her tail to come out. It also had a moderate sized battery pack on it. All four leg pieces were also black and covered even the bottom of her hooves. The front two had knives that extend out of the armour. When she finished putting the armour on, she stood at attention in front of Sombra.

“You are well trained aren’t you. Well the next order of business is getting the other Elements of Harmony to do what Twilight just did,” Sombra said. “Omega, bring me two sets of Pegasus armour, two sets of Earth pony armour, and one set of Unicorn armour.”

“Yes, sir,” Omega replied before setting off to do what she was told.

“Changelings, bring me the rest of the Elements of Harmony,” Sombra said.

The changelings departed for the main hall to bring the rest of the Elements to Sombra. When Omega returned she set the armour down on the floor near herself. The Changelings soon returned with Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy.

“Well you five certainly make it hard for somepony to take over Equestria, don’t you?” Sombra asked sarcastically.

“It’s our job to protect Equestria and all it’s inhabitants!” yelled Rainbow Dash.

“Omega, demonstrate a bit of your power on their chains, will you?” Sombra said.

“I’d be delighted,sir,” Omega said as she walked over to the chains..

She took the chains with her hooves and a web of gray light went out over every link and shackle of the chain. She snapped the potion she was holding and the whole chain broke into one hundred thousand pieces, separating the rest of the Elements of Harmony from one another. Rarity then tried to run but was stopped by Omega’s magic grip.

“Drat!” Rarity said in disappoint.

“Good catch, Omega,” Sombra said laughing.

“Thank you, sir,” Omega replied.

“Lighten up, Rarity. All I wanted was to let you go for a little while and give you your Elements back,” Sombra said with an evil grin.

“Why would you want to do that?” asked Rainbow Dash.

“You see, I possess something stronger than any Element of Harmony, and I wanted to see if you could defeat her,” Sombra said laughing. “And If you can, I’ll release you.”

“And what about Twilight?” asked Fluttershy.

“I’ll release her too,” said Sombra with an evil grin.

“And if we lose?” asked Rainbow Dash.

“Then you end up like this,” said Sombra. “Omega, remove your helmet!”

“Yes, sir,” Omega said while removing her helmet.

The rest of the Elements gasped when they saw Omega’s face.

Author's Note:

"Congrats to those who catch the power ponies reference."

Brony Ears Collab.: User(s): Theta & Omicron