• Published 26th Mar 2015
  • 2,509 Views, 69 Comments

Twilight's First Foals -- Episode I - The Hybrid Changelings - One Universe One story



Twilight wakes up from a nightmare to find two young foals on her door step. Turns out they're changeling hybrids and the kids of Sombra and Chrysalis. Well she was told to teach them love and she'll try! But what if Celestia visits and finds out.

  • ...
10
 69
 2,509

Chapter Four: The Adventure Truly Begins

Twilight, Chrysalis, and the rest of the Elements of Harmony left Twilight’s palace and headed toward the Everfree Forest.

At the edge, they stopped for a while before entering.

“Chrysalis, do you remember exactly where the hive is?” Twilight asked turning to Chrysalis.

“Yes,” Chrysalis replied nodding, “ it’s right in the middle of the Badlands.”

“What was your last changeling count?” Twilight asked writing on a scroll that she had brought along.

“One quarter million six hundred and seventy three,” Chrysalis said drawing on the air with her hoof, “excluding eggs.”

“And how many eggs?” Twilight asked scribbling stuff on the scroll.

“About three hundred,” Chrysalis replied.

“Girls, it’s gonna be a long week,” groaned Applejack.

“At least now I know exactly how much confetti to put in each pack!” explained Pinkie
with glee.

“And I know just how many times to fool them,” said Rainbow Dash bashing her hooves together.

“I don’t think they’re going to change form this time, Rainbow Dash,” explained Chrysalis.

“Why not?” asked Fluttershy looking at the queen. “They always change form when they fight.”

“They didn’t change into Somber when they fought me,” said Chrysalis. “And they must have known I loved Somber enough to change into him.”

“Aw, no more silly lookalikes of me,” whined Pinkie Disappointed. “That’s it! Now they’ve done it. Game on!” she cried out just as Bulk Biceps would.

“Pinkie, I still don’t trust Chrysalis enough to believe everything she says.” Twilight said face-hoofing. “No offence,” she said looking back at Chrysalis.

“None taken,” Chrysalis replied ears flattening against her exoskeleton. “I understand you not wanting to believe everything I say.”

“Well, we better get going,” said Twilight with a sigh. “HEAD’EM UP! MOVE’EM OUT!”

“Be careful,” said Chrysalis in a warning tone, “I was followed by about two hundred of the Changelings all the way to this end of the forest.”

“Thanks,” Twilight said nodding once Chrysalis was done talking. “Girls, expect an ambush.”

“Okie dokie, Lokie, “exclaimed Pinkie.

“Okay,” replied Rainbow Dash and Applejack together.

“Okay, Darling,” Rarity said nodding.

“Um, okay, I guess,” said Fluttershy in a whisper.

They entered the woods and when they lost sight of the edge an ambush of exactly one hundred changelings came out of the darkness.

As they jumped toward the Elements of Harmony, Chrysalis commanded them to stop. They didn’t listen. Twilight then cast an area protect spell to guard them against the changeling attack. When the changelings realized what she was doing, they halted their attack.

“Why won’t the listen to me?” Chrysalis wondered .

“It’s probably what you feared about the foals,” explained Twilight. “They’ve found out you care about somepony and they no longer find your rule meaningful.”

“If that’s so there is only one thing I can do about it,” Chrysalis said. “I need out of this dome.”

“We’re not going to let you out,” said Twilight.

“Then what do you expect me to do to help you?” Chrysalis asked now angered.

“Change,” Twilight said stomping her hoof down on the earth below, causing Fluttershy to shriek and lift Twilight’s hoof off the small mound of earth. A small snake slithered from it and coiled around Fluttershy’s hoof causing her face to be flushed bright red.

“I can’t do that,” Chrysalis said sadly, “I promised myself I wouldn’t change until I got Somber back.”

“Chrysalis, I look at this ending one of two ways.” Twilight said, charging her horn. “Either you change and adapt your skills to match mine and we save this ‘Somber’ pony. Or I cast a hypnotism spell on you and I make you change, either way, we win.”

“For the record, I vow never to break a promise again,” Chrysalis said.

“Duly noted, now change,” Twilight said angrily.

“Fine,”Chrysalis groaned as she changed into Twilight.

“Good, now fight with us,” exclaimed Rainbow Dash standing in an offensive stance .

Twilight released the protect spell and began firing bolts of magic energy at the changelings. Chrysalis and Rarity did the same. Fluttershy curled up into a ball with her tail protecting the small snake. Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Pinkie did their best to keep changelings off Fluttershy.

Rainbow Dash and Applejack were bucking away changelings while Pinkie was loading and unloading her party-cannon. When Fluttershy unfurled herself, she got hit in the head, this resulted in her getting mad. When Twilight noticed that Fluttershy was mad, she cast an area illusion spell. This spell focused Fluttershy’s glare at the changelings.

Soon all the fighting stopped and Fluttershy was ranting about the changelings not having the right to hurt others. This gave Twilight a chance to examine the changelings. She soon noticed an oddity in each of the changelings. Their eyes looked like the had seen a mind control spell, sort of like when Sombra had control over the crystal ponies.

“Chrysalis,” whispered Twilight looking at Chrysalis.

“Yes,” Chrysalis whispered back.

“Look at their eyes and tell me if they look normal,” Twilight said softly, pointing to one of the drones.

Chrysalis looked at the changelings around her and noticed the oddity in their eyes.

“No, they’re not,” Chrysalis replied looking into the unblinking eye of a drone.

“That’s what I thought,” Twilight said. “I think they’re under mind control.”

“What are you going to do about it?” asked Chrysalis turning to Twilight.

“Release them from the spell,” Twilight replied closing her eyes..

“Do it fast, I think Fluttershy’s eyes are watering,” Chrysalis said looking at the ranting mare.

“Get ready to command them,” Twilight said her horn glowing brightly.

Twilight cast the release spell and all the changeling’s eyes went back to their normal state. Chrysalis commanded them to stop and they all stopped what they were doing and sat down, wings folded on their backs, eyes closed, breathing slowed.

“Why aren’t they fighting any more?” asked Pinkie waving her hoof in front of one.

“Because, they are under my control now,” said Chrysalis, creating a chirping noise from her wings telling the Changelings to open their eyes.

“Yeah, but they were under mind control beforehand,” said Twilight looking at one of the many changelings in front of her.

“Who do you think was controlling them, Twilight?” asked Chrysalis sitting down.

“I hate to say it, but the only pony I know that would do this is Sombra,” Twilight announced in dismay.

“No. It can’t be. He wouldn’t do this to me!” Chrysalis exclaimed in disbelief standing back up.

“He’s the only pony I know with this much training in this field of magic,” Twilight said nodding.

“He… Why? Why would he?” Chrysalis asked angrily.

“I don’t know,” Twilight explained. “But right now we need to focus on using the Elements to get Somber back.”

“If you think you’re going to give him another near-death-experience, you’ve got another thing coming!” yelled Chrysalis as she commanded the changelings to prepare for an attack.

“What do you mean ‘near-death-experience’?” asked Fluttershy finally calming down.

“We came to help, not to hurt!” Twilight yelled angered.

“I don’t care!” Chrysalis yelled. “If it involves hitting him with the Elements, I don’t want your help! Changelings, ATTACK!”

Twilight cast a mass area sleep spell putting all the changelings and Chrysalis to sleep. She then cast a waking spell to wake-up Chrysalis. When Chrysalis awoke, she started sobbing.

“Why did you do that?” Twilight asked angrily stomping her hoof.

“I don’t know. I just don’t know!” Chrysalis said still sobbing.

“Whatever the reason, we’re here to help only,” said Twilight, still angered. “We won’t use the Elements unless we have to, okay.”

“Um, Queen Chrysalis, what did you mean by, um, ‘near-death-experience’?” Fluttershy asked, helping the queen to her hooves.

“It’s when somepony nearly dies, and their life flashes before their eyes,” said Twilight. “I should know. When we used the Elements after setting you cutie marks back to normal, do you remember, I disappeared when I was hit by the beams of your’s and the other Elements?”

“Um, yes,” said Fluttershy.

“Logically, I died,” said Twilight as a tear rolled down her cheek.

“Then, how are you still here?” asked Chrysalis her sobbing starting to stop.

“I don’t know, you’ll have to ask Celestia that one,” sighed Twilight.

“Why Celestia?” Chrysalis asked curiously poking at the ground.

“I don’t know, maybe because she is the pony I saw after I died. Besides, we need to focus on why Sombra would take control of the changelings.” said Twilight. “And how he came back in the first place.” she thought to herself.

“I think I know what he wants,” Chrysalis said as a tear rolled down her face. “He wants the foals.”

“If that’s the case, he’s probably going to my palace,” said Twilight. “He’ll have a hard time for a little while, but not long. There’s only so much three alicorns, three royal guard captains, and one highly trusted guard can do compared to the darkness in a pony’s heart. Or the Elements of Harmony, for that matter.”

“We had better hurry!” Chrysalis cried in her hooves. “The foals’ lives may be at stake.”

“Cadence was right, you do care,” said Twilight lifting the sleeping spell from the drones, and starting to run back to the palace.

Author's Note:

"A Bitcoin to the first person who can find, and post in the comments, the 'Red Vs. Blue' and 'Raw Hide' references."

Brony Ears Collab: User: Sigma Pyxal