• Published 26th Mar 2015
  • 2,509 Views, 69 Comments

Twilight's First Foals -- Episode I - The Hybrid Changelings - One Universe One story



Twilight wakes up from a nightmare to find two young foals on her door step. Turns out they're changeling hybrids and the kids of Sombra and Chrysalis. Well she was told to teach them love and she'll try! But what if Celestia visits and finds out.

  • ...
10
 69
 2,509

Chapter Three: And They All Gather

The clock struck four as Twilight hurried down the stairs to meet the Princesses. When she arrived, she realized they weren’t the only visitors.

“Hello, little sister!” introduced Shining Armor, Twilight’s older brother.

“Shining!” Twilight exclaimed. “I didn’t expect to see you.”

“I am married to Princess Cadance, and a Royal Guard after all,” Shining said rolling his eyes. “Besides how long has it been since I spent time around my sister?”

“Too long,” Twilight said walking up to the four.

“Twi, somepony else is here as well,” Applejack said while pointing to a familiar orange Pegasus wearing gold armor.

“F-Flash Sentry?” Twilight asked blushing. “Is that you?”

“Yes, your highness.” Flash replied.

“Please, while you’re here, call me Twilight,” she said with an even brighter blush.

“Okay, Twilight,” said Flash after a little hesitation, due to Shining and the princesses being nearby, with a small blush appearing on his orange cheeks.

“Twilight!” Spike yelled in worry.

“Oh no! I forgot!” Twilight half yelled. “Everypony follow me!”

Every one followed Twilight to her room. There they found the two foals flying around the room. Princess Celestia cast a slow-time spell so she could examine the foals. When she figured out what they were, she froze them in place and returned time to normal.

“Twilight, you have some explaining to do,” said Celestia in a stern tone.

“Yes, Princess Celestia,” Twilight said. “ You see, it’s like this…”

Twilight explained what she knew about the foals, and she also explained to her older brother that they weren’t hers. When she finished explaining, the clock struck five.

“... And that’s all I know,” Twilight concluded.

“You do know that since they are Changeling hybrids,” Luna said staring at the frozen Myx, “we have to perform the test of love on them, right?”

“Yes, I know,” Twilight said in dismay ears folding against her head.

“Cadance, prepare yourself,” Celestia said looking at the pink alicorn.

“I am ready,” said Cadance closing her eyes.

“I’m going to release them, stand back everyone,” said Celestia as her horn glowed once again.

When she released them, they hit the ground with a loud thud, and they started crying. This made Twilight to try to get to them, only to be stopped by Luna’s magic, her glare also stopped Twilight from complaining.

Cadance readied herself for the spell, and when she cast it, a bolt of magic was released and she fell to the ground unconscious. Shining rushed to her side. The bolt that was loosed spread out into a dome over the foals. Soon the foals fell to the ground unconscious.

A minute was a month, twelve were a year, and two hours were a decade. The foals started out young with one key loving figure in each of their dreams. As they grew, so did the love for the figure. A tragedy happened in each dream, causing the loss of the figure. This caused them to grieve for it. And after time, miss it.

“... And that is what I saw,” said Cadance rubbing her temples.

“So, they can love,” Luna said looking at the two foals laying on Twilight’s bed.

“I knew it,” said Twilight with a cheery smile. “That would explain why Spike didn’t get hurt when I told him to look after them.”

“But they didn’t turn into Rarity which would have probably gave them a death sentence.” said Luna looking at Twilight.

“At least let them have the right to grow up!”Twilight exclaimed harshly to Luna.

“They are Changelings and you know that!” said Luna in hateful tone.

“Girls, stop arguing! At least we know now,” said Cadance after she took a sip of water.

“Correct, Cadance,” said Celestia helping her to her hoofs. “And with them being capable of loving, this might give us some hope to look forward to.”

“Let’s get some rest, we all could use it,” yawned Cadance. “Plus, the foals will be out of it until morning.”

“Twilight, I’ll leave you in charge of the foals,” said Celestia as she parted Nix's mane. “Rarity, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Pinkie, you all may go home.”

“Okay, if ya’ll need us, ya’ll know where to find us,” Applejack said as she and the others left the palace.

“Cadance, we prepared a room for you in the East tower,” said Twilight. “Luna, your’s is in the West. And, Princess Celestia, your’s is in the North.”

“Okay, Twilight. We will all see you in the morning,” said Celestia as she, Cadance, Luna, and Shining left.

“I’ll patrol around front, if you don’t mind, Twilight,” said Flash as he walked out the door.

“Well, Spike, seems like all we got to do is go to bed,” Twilight said. ”Am I right?”

She waited a second before repeating her statement, but there was still no response. She turned around to see Spike already in bed fast asleep. After a face-hoof, she went over to her own bed and soon fell asleep.

She had the same dream as the night before, all the details were the same, except they were more clear. This time she got a little further in the dream.

“... Yes,” said Luna, “but that was before the elements of harmony sent my darkness further back than I ever could.”

“That’s still not a good enough reason to let you teach two foals at once,” said Celestia. “If it’s even a reason for you to teach one, I still wouldn’t let you because you’re still not out of it yet.”

“At least let me teach Nix,” said Luna, “we might get along considering…”

The dream ended at the sound of the clock. She woke at the final strike of six. The foals were still asleep, Spike was just waking up.

“Good morning, Twilight,” Spike yawned.

“Good morning to you too, Spike,” Twilight yawned back.

There was a knock on the door followed by a series of voices that were inaudible due to the fact that they all happened to be talking at the same time.

“One at a time, I’ll go first,” said a voice sounding like Applejack. “Um… Twi, we’ve got a visitor.”

“Who is it?” Twilight asked in wonder.

“Queen Chrysalis!” a voice sounding like Pinkie exclaimed.

“I’ll be there in a second!” Twilight said in shock.

“Want me to look after the foals?” asked Spike.

“Yes, but be careful Queen Chrysalis might still be able to control the Changeling side of them,” Twilight warned.

Twilight got up out of her bed and opened her bedroom door to find Chrysalis waiting for her surrounded by the rest of Elements of Harmony. She was sitting with her eyes closed and her wings folded on her back. Celestia, Luna, Cadance, and Shining were just now entering the hall when twilight moved into her position about ten feet away.

“Twilight, what is going on?” Celestia asked.

“Chrysalis just stopped by that’s all,” Twilight said a bit sarcastically.

“I may not be able to fully comprehend love,” said Chrysalis, “but I know sarcasm when I hear it.”

“Why are you here?” Twilight asked.

“Why, to see how well my children are, of course,” Chrysalis responded while opening her eyes.

“Why else?” asked Luna. “I know you come for more than one reason.”

“To ask for help,” Chrysalis said as a tear flowed down her cheek. “Somber is hurt.”

This shocked everyone, because it’s not everyday you hear the Changeling Queen ask for help for another pony, if ever.

“The horde attacked him and when I tried to stop them they threw off my command as if I were just another pony,” Chrysalis said while starting to cry.

This also shocked everyone, as they had never seen a Changeling cry.

“Twilight, I need your help to get Somber back,” Chrysalis said while trying to calm herself.

“I doubt it,” said Twilight in a cautious tone. “And who is this ‘Somber’?

“No, help her,” said Cadance who was starting to tear up.

“WHAT?!?” exclaimed everypony but Celestia and Chrysalis.

“You can’t be serious,” said Luna.

“After what she did to us back on our wedding day?” added Shining

“She’s come to almost fully understand love now,” Cadance said as she began crying, “she truly cares about this ‘Somber’ pony.”

“She’s the Changeling Queen,” said Shining. “There’s no way somepony this evil could
actually come to love any other pony but herself.”

“False,” Cadance said as she started to get angry from all the arguing. “You as well as
Luna know I’m the ‘Princess of Love’ and am able to tell if somepony can truly love
another. And-”

“Yes, but-”Shining said.

“Do not interrupt me when I’m talking, Shining Armor,” Cadance said about to lose her temper.

“Yes, your highness,” Shining said ears flat against his head.

“And I know when they are lying, and she’s not lying,” Cadance said. ”Now please, HELP HER!”

“What do we do?” asked Twilight. “We don’t even have a remote idea whether or not he’s even alive.”

“I know the Changelings, they cause pain slowly and like slow death the most,” said Chrysalis still sobbing. “So, right now he’s probably alive, just barely.”

“Okay then. I guess we’re going to have to help,” said Twilight. “You get us to the hive, and we’ll save this ‘Somber’, deal?”

“Yes,” said Chrysalis with a glint of hope in her voice. “Anything to get Somber back.”

The elements of harmony and chrysalis began preparing for the journey ahead. Pinkie grabbed her party cannon and reloads so she can constantly use it. Applejack and Rarity warmed up for the journey by bucking practice dummies Shining conjured up. Twilight meditated for half an hour. Rainbow dash flew around the palace walls trying to best her previous laps’ speed. And Fluttershy stayed close to Chrysalis to comfort her. When they finished preparing, the clock struck nine.

“Twilight!” yelled Spike.

“Oh no. Not again!” Twilight said in dismay.

Twilight hurried to her room where she found the two foals trying to get out of the room, and were hissing like Changelings. When Chrysalis heard them she told them to stop. They listened like well mannered children. This caught Chrysalis’ attention.

“They actually listen to me?” said Chrysalis in wonder. “They actually listened to me!”

“Well, of course. They are, after all, part Changeling,” Twilight said with minor sarcasm.

“Well, they’ve never even heard my voice and still they listened,” Chrysalis said to Twilight. “A Changeling has to hear my voice for at least a day before it will listen.”

“Well they’re your children they should listen to their own mother,” Twilight said to Chrysalis in response.

The foals went away from the door and sat down by the baskets. When they sat down they closed their eyes and folded their wings to their backs.

“The Changeling waiting pose,” Chrysalis mumbled under her breath.

“The what? Twilight asked highly curious.

“The Changeling waiting pose, “chrysalis repeated, “it’s the standard pose a Changeling uses when they are waiting for something or somepony.”

“Why?” Twilight asked still a little confused.

“It’s a little complicated to explain,” Chrysalis said, “if you’re not a Changeling you wouldn’t understand why we do it.”

“Like when you were waiting on me?” Twilight asked.

“Exactly,” Chrysalis simply stated.

“Okay, we should probably go now,” Twilight said.

“Let us leave,” Chrysalis responded.