• Published 1st Mar 2015
  • 2,857 Views, 100 Comments

Equestria Girls: The Friendship Games - Caesar Orzell 600



At this year's Friendship Games, the Canterlot Wondercolts are determined to beat the Shadowbolts! However, when a new girl arrives bearing resemblances to an old friend, the Mane 6 are thrown off guard.

  • ...
2
 100
 2,857

2. Getting Ready and Worrying

It was the next day and everyone was getting prepared for the big day in the school arena.

Rainbow Dash was currently with one of her best friends, DJ PON-3 in the microphone room that was by the bleachers.

"DJ, you gotta play the coolest songs for the big day!" She begged.

DJ PON-3 nodded her head. (She's not much of a talker.) She gestured to her playlist that she was syncing on her laptop.

Rainbow Dash looked at her songs.

"Sorry dude, but I don't know any of these... well, maybe except for one." Rainbow was trying to be polite.

DJ PON-3 shrugged. "It's okay. And please, call me Vinyl Scratch." She raised up her glasses and smiled. "That's my actual name."

Rainbow's eyes widened with shock. "Wow! You can actually talk! Oh, and see ya!" Happy, she waved goodbye and practically flew down the bleacher steps and back to her friends, who were practicing.

"Ohmigosh ohmigosh ohmigosh! Guys! DJ PON-3 can talk! Isn't that AWESOME?"

Applejack looked at Rainbow Dash like she was stupid. "Yeah, and the sky is blue. Can you please get back to practicing now?"

Rainbow Dash bit her lip. "Yeah, yeah. Okay. I'm just trying to keep my mind off the fact that we're probably not going to win. Again!" She groaned and put on her helmet and started to rev up her car. "Bye, guys."

Fluttershy, who was playing with her bow, looked up at her friend with worry. "Um, have fun?"

The rainbow-haired girl was already driving out of the arena at full speed.

"AND DON'T HIT ANYBODY!!" Screamed Pinkie Pie, who had purposely skated after her.

Applejack and Fluttershy looked at each other and laughed.

It was nighttime, and Rainbow Dash was lying in her bed, thinking on life and how unfair it could be. She had her arms folded on top of her bedsheets and her eyes were wide open, staring out the window that was by her bed.

"Please, please, let us do well tomorrow," she prayed. "It would be really cool and it would be another trophy on my shelf... also the thought of winning makes me wanna have a party... gotta tell Pinkie about that."

Bzzzz! That was the sound of her phone on vibrate.

Rainbow jumped out of her bed and ran to her dresser, careful to be quiet in case her parents heard.

It was a text from Sunset again.

"What does she want so late at night," Rainbow wondered with a grumble.

"Hey," it read. "Can't sleep either?"

Pfft. Totally. Rainbow smiled, glad she wasn't the only one. "Totally!" She responded, giggling.

"It might sound a bit crazy, but I think there might actually be something strange going on with the Shadowbolts. That's what I've been worrying about all night."

"Seems legit," Rainbow Dash responded. "Do you think they might have magic too?"

"Maybe, maybe not. But if they did, wouldn't it be obvious? For example, the Dazzlings had their pendants. I have no idea what the Shadowbolts would have, whether it be magic or something else. But them winning year after year is not just a coincidence!"

"True. But what if they're just that good?"

"I highly doubt it. :)" Along with that text message, Sunset also sent a selfie of her with a confused look on her face, shrugging.

Rainbow Dash chuckled and then promptly yawned afterward.

"Okay, Sunset. That's enough worrying for tonight. I'm going to bed!"

"Kay. Make sure to get some sleep for the big day 2morrow! You wanna have energy for all that motorcycle riding we're gonna be doing!"

"Yup." Rainbow responded. "Sure do. Nite!"

And with that, Rainbow Dash shut off her phone and jumped into bed, not sure what tomorrow would bring.

Author's Note:

Sorry that this chapter was so short! I just felt like it couldn't be added to anymore and it also didn't belong in the first chapter OR the second one. :twilightblush:
Also, if I made any stupid spelling mistakes, please let me know in the comments and I'll fix them!