• Published 27th Feb 2015
  • 4,410 Views, 144 Comments

The New Kid - GodOfBBQ



You have just arrived to the well known high school, Canterlot High.

  • ...
16
 144
 4,410

A Clean Slate

Chapter 1

~*A Clean Slate*~

“So this is your new schedule, and once again I’d like to welcome you to Canterlot High.” Principle Celestia said in a welcoming tone. You didn’t want to be rude so you made sure to acknowledge her welcome with a simple, kind nod and smile. As you take the sheet of paper that lists off your schedule for school, you exit the office space and look down the empty hallway.

You’re obviously late for class.

‘It’s the first day and I’m already late… Of course.’

Being the new kid isn't always bad. But when you have to be the new kid, it might as well be a nightmare. Having to say goodbye to all your friends, the girls you've had a crush on, and all the other people you never really appreciated until right when you enter the new school.

But your mom always told you that your old school was bad and this new school would be good for you. This Canterlot High would be SO much better than your old school. She did have a point though. When you go to a school where bringing knives and guns is normal, selling drugs in the bathroom stalls is simply a pastime and all the kids are barely passing with grades like C’s and C-’s. Mostly D’s and F’s filled the school ballots.

As you made your way to your first class, English. The one class that was very easy for you other than History and PE. You pass many doors that reveal the students of Canterlot High. Some being bright colors from the rainbow, to dull, dark colors found in nature. You saw one girl that literally had all the colors of the rainbow in her hair.

‘Wonder if she lost a bet… That’s probably why she looks like a walking pride flag.’ You think to yourself.

As you finally make it to your English class door. You take a deep breath. When you open this door, you’ll meet new friends, new people, new everything.

‘First impressions matter,’ you think to yourself

‘People remember who you are, and what you say!’ You continue your thoughts.

‘Be kind, but not a pushover, be loose, but firm. Be strong as steel, but be free with emotions. Be creative, but be rea-’ Your thoughts were interrupted by being violently shoved aside by a woman who was significantly taller than you. She also seemed to have a more muscular physique than you, making you feel self conscious about your body type. Scrawny, with little muscles.

“Move it dweeb!” She exclaims as she makes her way through the door.

‘Dweeb? Who says that anymore? Girl’s stuck in the fuckin’ 90’s or something.’ You think to yourself. As you regain your balance, you continue your little inside speech. When you finish, you enter the class to find wide, un-surprised eyes quickly glance at you, then look back down to the desks, or look back to their friends as the teacher continued to do whatever she was doing on her computer.

You always liked to think they were looking up porn during class or playing Minecraft or online Call of Duty. But instead, it was always grades or attendance tabs. But in your old school, you could have sworn that you heard gunshots from your science teacher’s computer.

As you awkwardly stand there getting a good look at your classmates. An explosion of color such as pink, blue, green, red and practically the whole rainbow blinded you.

“Please Mr…” The teacher checked her computer for a second then looked back up.

“Mr Anonymous, please take a seat.” You looked over the class and lo and behold the only seat available was right next to the same girl who pushed you aside.

‘Fantastic… The year’s starting out amazing so far.’

As you sigh to yourself, you make your way to your seat next to the girl. As you walk, you’re able to get a good look of the people who accompany you in this class.

A girl with bright pink skin, big curly hair and brightly dressed, sits right in front of you.

‘Of course. I sit behind the girl with a fucking roadblock for hair!’

Next to you on your left is the girl who pushed you aside.

‘Fucking Amazonian…’ You think to yourself.

On your right side, a yellow skinned girl with long pink, straight hair. She seemed to hide behind her hair when you made eye contact with her.

‘Shy girl huh? She won’t be necessary for anything in the future.’ You think to yourself. Over the years, you've gained the ability to befriend almost everyone you met, gaining respect from all the classes of high school. From the Jocks to the Nerds. From the Bullies, to the Hippies, you were literally friends with everyone…

At your old school.

Here however, you had to start from the bottom, and slowly and subtly make your way to the top. This shy girl you've just seen, wouldn't be important for any of that planning in the long run so you payed her no mind.

“Okay class. I would like to welcome any new students to Canterlot high and I hope you have a great year. I’m Ms. Cheerilee and I’m your English teacher. Today, you won’t be working much but you will be preparing for a future project that takes groups of two to finish. It’ll start at the end of this week and will be due on Wednesday of next week. I have randomly chosen the groups using my computer and I will call them out.”

‘A project already? That’s some bullshit!’ You think to yourself as you flare your nostrils and furrow your brows in anger.

“Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy, Berry Punch, and Ditsy Doo, Spitfire and Colgate, Gilda and Anonymous-”

‘What!!?? How can she pair me up with her!? Is God pissed at me today or what!?’ A sharp breath of hot steam blew out your nose in anger while you thought this over.

As you contemplate the news brought before you, you catch the Gilda girl looking at you with a face of disgust.

You look back at her, getting a better idea of what she looks like. She has white hair with faded purple ends of her hair. You thought for a second that her hair looked like eagle feathers but once you got a better look, you just figured your mind was playing games with you.

She wore a brown, aviator jacket, she wore it unzipped to reveal a white tank top under the jacket. She had a pair of yellow biking gloves at the end of her desk.

You also got a good look at her physique. It was obvious before that she was more muscular than you, she was as slender as you, and was taller than you by a good couple inches. Even at a sitting height, she made you feel small.

‘Oh we’re gonna get along JUST. FINE!’ You think to yourself as your head snaps back to facing the front of the class.

‘Oh well… As long as this day goes by fast.’

~***~

‘Mother of Christ, today took forever!’ You think to yourself as you step out of your final class of the day. Some how, some way, wishing the day would go by faster, made it significantly SLOWER.

But, it was finally the end of the day. You were able to go home, relax, and settle down. As your mind thinks of the luxury you will be facing soon, you bump into a large, almost immovable object. As you look up from your position from the ground, you’re annoyed and horrified to find Gilda, the same girl you’re paired up with, and the new found tumor on your skin.

She may have not done much to antagonize you, but it’s not what she did. It’s what she’ll be doing in the future. For a long time, you've had a talent to figure out if people turn out to be either good people, or jackasses. It was almost too obvious, painfully obvious that she’ll be a future antagonist.

“Hey! Watch where you’re going loser!” Gilda exclaims angrily. You’re brows furrow and nostrils flair in anger. You’re not much of a talker but this was the time to begin speaking.

“I’m sorry, I wasn't paying attention.”

‘Keep your cool, don’t get angry. Just stay calm, remember what the doc said!’ You think to yourself.

“Yeah you better be sorry dweeb! Or else you’ll find yourself neck deep in the toilet!” She said with a hint of arrogance in her voice. The guys from the soccer team she plays on; possibly her goons laughed and pointed as I rose to my feet.

“No get outta here!” Gilda said as she pushed me back with a hand. I desperately tried to remember what Dr. Jacket said, try to control the anger, don’t have any outburst that’ll raise your heart rate. Think calmly.

But, it was a tad too late for that when you were face to face, well, face to chest with her. You glared daggers in her eyes as she did the same.

“What are you looking at idiot?” She asks.

“Nothing much that’s for sure…” I answer. Before you can beam in the light of glory, you feel a surge of pain in the stomach. Gilda had punched you in the stomach.

Now, you have no problem with it, you get punched in the stomach? Oh well, shake it off walk home, watch some TV.

you slowly get back up while taking deep breaths. Luckily, you've been through this so much with your step dad that it’s practically nothing at this point.

Okay, okay. Your step dad SOUNDS like he abuses you physically. But he really means well, he just wants you to be tough and strong. Do you blame him? No, you know you're a little scrawny guy, you need to toughen up. So in conclusion, this punch was just a light tap compared to what your dad had in store.

“Very good shot Gilda! Very good shot indeed. But, why, would you resort to violence so quickly? Makes me wonder what your intelligence level is.” you say sounding like a total snob.

Yeah, you're kind of a dick…

You feel another hit to my cheek, knocking me to the ground. Once again, you get back up.

“Please Gilda, if you wanted to knock me out you should have hit me… Right here.” You point to the temple of your head.

“This little spot here is like the soft spot of every human. So, if hit with violent contact, it’ll knock me out cold. So if you were going for knocking you out, you obviously don’t know where to hit do ya?” You ask. She’s really angry now. She’s practically steaming with anger, and her face?

Freaking priceless!

Author's Note:

This is just a quick little thing I've decided to work on. Have you guys noticed the lack of Gilda romances there are? I have, and it's unforgivable. So! I'll be writing my own! I hope you enjoy. Just so you know this story is obviously told in the 2nd person. Also note that I won't be working on this story as much. Other than that, hope you all enjoy this little story of love, bullying, and witty dialogue!