• Published 27th Feb 2015
  • 4,410 Views, 144 Comments

The New Kid - GodOfBBQ



You have just arrived to the well known high school, Canterlot High.

  • ...
16
 144
 4,410

My Humble Abode

My Humble Abode

You step into your home, with Gilda following behind you. As you lead her through your small home, each room doesn't fail to impress her. With the furniture you own, to the electronics each object that looks like it has some sort of luxury to it impressed her.

As you made your way to the kitchen you tell Gilda to make herself at home. You enter the kitchen and notice two key things that completely change your system for when you get home.

The sink is empty of dishes, and the fridge is full.

‘Something’s wrong here…’

As you ponder on these strange anomalies, you can hear Gilda call out for you.

“Looks like your ass’ll be home alone Anon!” Gilda said reading off a sticky note that’s pinned to a calendar, on a wall in the living room. You join her in reading the calendar and it reads,

‘Dear Anonymous,’

You've never understood why your parents named you Anonymous. But, you always thought it sounded pretty cool.

‘You’re father had to go upstate to visit Grandma Doris in the hospital, I’ll be working late for this week so you’ll be feeding yourself.

~With Love, Mama!’

You didn't mind the fact that your mother expressed her love for you, even in little letters like these but Gilda was here, and it’s only downhill from this point.

‘Mama?’ Are you serious? MAMA’S BOY!!” Gilda exclaimed pointing her finger tauntingly.

“Yeah yeah, we went over this Gilda don’t make me have to roast your ass again.” You say making your way to your bedroom. You open your door and enter your room. You go towards your desk and you look through a small box and after seconds of looking, you find a single twenty dollar bill.

You turn to Gilda and you hand her the bill.

“Here, you got your money, now get out!” You say angrily, but you don’t mean it.

“I dunno, I might just stay for a bit. You got anything to eat?” She asks, you sight as you point to where the kitchen is and you tell her that the fridge is full.

She rushes out of your room to the kitchen, leaving you alone with your thoughts.

“Huh… I just realized I could have had Coffee Stem pick me up. Dammit.”

~***~

It’s been an hour, and Gilda is still in your house. After all the suggestions that you throw at her for her to leave, she still sticks around like she lives there. She’s also made herself at home, leaving her brown leather work boots at the door side where you and your family keeps the shoes, and hanging up her leather aviator jacket on the coat rack, she posts up on the sofa wearing nothing but a white tank top and torn dark brown jeans.

Realizing that you've got nothing better to do, and you have no work to do either except that project Miss Cherilee assigned, you decide to join Gilda on the sofa watching whatever program that’s on.

“What’s on?” You ask looking at the TV screen

“Cops…” Gilda answers simply. You watch the TV noticing a squad of guards taking down what seemed to be a drug dealer.

“You know this show’s fake right? I mean, who in their right mind would commit a crime on live TV? And how coincidental is it that the craziest of crimes happen when they record?”

“Well, if you had a single brain stem in your head, you’d know that they record when police are dispatched.” Gilda argued.

“So what? Are the cameraman just waiting around for a crime to happen so they can record it?”

“Hey! Don’t judge the production of this show, it’s awesome!”

“Yeah, awesomely fake…” You retort as you glance at her. Getting a glance back from her, you look back to the television and you continue to watch the show. Then a thought appears in your head, a thought that could easily set off Gilda and result in you and your house being devastated and destroyed.

“Hey, Gilda… Why, are you still here?” You turn your head to face Gilda, she shows a face of confusion and surprise.

“Excuse me?” She asks trying to reassure what you've just said.

“I mean, I don’t mind the company but, you have your money. Why else are you here?” You ask. Obviously Gilda doesn't know how to answer this question account of her hesitant answer.

“Well, I… You know, uh. Well you see…” She stutters as she tries to find a good answer for why she’s here for so long.

“Gilda, we’re “Acquaintances” now, you can tell me anything. Just like today.” You say in a comforting manner.

“Well, I guess it’s because my Dad’s not doing so well. He was fired from his job and now instead of looking for another, he’s just drinking more. When he drinks, he… Well, to keep it short, he isn't one to be around when he’s drunk. Someone, whether it be you or him, will get hurt at the end of it all.” Gilda explained.

‘So that’s why she’s here! She’s too scared to go home and to have her father hurt her.’ You conclude in your mind. Then another thought pops into your mind. Why is she being so honest? By her standards, you two are only “Acquaintances” so why is she being so open with her personal life with you?

As you contemplate this wonder, you notice her pull her phone out of her pocket. She turns it on and swipes the screen. You glance at her face and notice a surprised and worried face. She then turns off the phone and begins to rub the temples of her head.

“What’s wrong?” You ask sounding worried.

“Uh, my dad’s in the hospital. He has some minor injuries and after he’s all healed up he’ll be shipped off to prison.” Gilda answered.

“Did he text you all that?” You ask.

“No, my uncle. He’s with my dad now and he wanted to let me know. My uncle said he’ll bail him out the moment he could. Look, thanks for letting me stay but I gotta go. I have to check up on my dad, see if he’s doing alright.” She said as she began getting ready, grabbing his jacket and putting on her boots. As she reached the door, she didn't say goodbye. She just left, without saying a word.

Author's Note:

Sorry this one came out a little late guys. I'm working on three separate stories, two of which are going to be uploaded here. But I hope you like this addition to New Kid. And let me know if I should fix anything, constructive criticism is very much appreciated. The next chapter will be all Gilda so no first person scenes what so ever. We'll also learn how her father treats her and who made her father end up in the hospital.