• Published 7th Nov 2011
  • 3,851 Views, 33 Comments

SpitFire's Honor - WinterTwister



SpitFire and the WonderBolts enjoy their profession.. but their profession comes with competition

  • ...
2
 33
 3,851

SpitFire's Valor

The WonderBolts did as they were told and scrunched close together, preparing themselves for the ShadowBolts assault. But right as they were ready they saw with wide eyes as SpitFire surged forward straight for the ShadowBolts.

SpitFire always being headstrong dived into the ShadowBolts most too surprised to have the reflexes to react immediately so they kept heading towards the huddled WonderBolts. The few that did turned right to SpitFire, SpitFire saw the first one coming and flying close enough to the ground put her front hooves on the ground and allowed Newtons third law of motion take place right into the skull of the ShadowBolt, hearing a crack and sending him flying. Having all the momentum unleashed on the ShadowBolt she was able to steady herself on the ground and jumped into the air inches above a ShadowBolt that crashed after missing the target. SpitFire picked up her speed again and continued flying towards ShadowHeart. Two ShadowBolts entered her path embracing for the impact a few feet ahead to grab SpitFire. SpitFire couldn't get out of the way in time and instead of allowing them to catch her she turned up-side-down tucking in her wings and limbs and slipped through a small opening that left the two ShadowBolts gaping in amazement at what just happened, but regained themselves and caught up to SpitFire. One of them tried to grab one of her back hooves but got a surprise visit from the other one that sent him spiraling downward. The second ShadowBolt had appeared right over SpitFire and was ready to kick her down, but SpitFire again surprised him by flying up-side-down and kicking upward causing him to flail. The ShadowBolts wings tucked in from the shock and pain and almost fell on SpitFire, SpitFire had moved away from the ShadowBolt and even kicked him again for good measures.

SpitFire had finally made it to ShadowHeart who was still on the ground in pain from BlackJack shoving her, SpitFire helped her up and yelled at her to follow as close as she could. They flew up and saw the WonderBolts keeping their phalanx in check as they were rained on by ShadowBolts. SpitFire and ShadowHeart flew above them in the confusion and yelled to her team. "Everypony make your way back to Canterlot, watch eachother's back!"

The WonderBolts all took off at once, putting distance between them and the ShadowBolts who were cursing and calling them cowards. The WonderBolt's caught up to SpitFire and ShadowHeart, Soarin' pushed himself to get next to SpitFire.

"Whats the plan SpitFire? They are catching up to us and i don't think we can defend as well in the air!" Soarin' looked worried but he trusted Spitfire completely.

"First we have to get to Canterlot, tell everypony if someone starts lagging behind or gets caught all turn their attention to help that pony to keep their speed going!" SpitFire was busy making sure ShadowHeart could keep up and reassured her. "Don't worry Thunder we'll keep you safe just make sure that you never leave my side. Understand?" ShadowHeart nodded and kept her pace with SpitFire.

Canterlot was in view and saw what she had hoped to see, the royal guard ready and waiting for them. All of the WonderBolts were within 100 yards of Canterlot and felt triumphant that they had made it, but the ShadowBolts had finally caught up to them. All of the WonderBolts were crashed into the ground by the ShadowBolts and they had began to roll on-top of each other in a desperate fight for the dominance of top to deliver blows to the other. SpitFire was in a much worse position than the other WonderBolts. BlackJack was atop of SpitFire and she looked into his eyes and could have sworn she saw flames in his pupils that made her want to cry for help but she was too scared to try.

"Well little pony..." BlackJack raised his front hooves to stomp on SpitFire. "It looks like your finally mine" BlackJack grinned as he thought of his action. He tensed his whole body preparing to put all of his monstrous strength into one slam to her skull. He released his hooves on SpitFire... within inches of making contact he was tackled by ShadowHeart who was now on top of BlackJack.

"What are you doing?! Get off of me!" BlackJack shoved ShadowHeart aside and was walking back to SpitFire, angrier than before.

BlackJack stopped walking towards her and looked to the right of himself and was instantly terrified, the royal guards were on their way. BlackJack scrambled back to his team and yelled at them all to head back to the EverFree forest, but they were too late, the royal guard surrounded them.

"ShadowBolts! You are under arrest for several crimes you have committed to Canterlot and to several ponies in the provinces! Cuff them and their wings men!" The guard captain was a huge built horse who looked like he could take 5 BlackJacks at once.

The guard captain walked towards SpitFire and helped her up. "We can't have Equestria's star performers getting injured can we? Especially not my sons heroes" The guard captain smiled at SpitFire. "Go and see if your team is alright, if they have any injuries report them to me, i want as much evidence on these hooligans as possible." The guard captain trotted away to help his men suppress the rioting ShadowBolts

SpitFire walked over to her team, to her relief nobody was injured, just dusty.

All of the WonderBolts huddled together to smile and enjoy their victory and finally getting rid of the ShadowBolts. Then they all turned their attention to ShadowHeart who looked worried and had rolled up into a ball shivering on the ground, it wasn't cold but she was defiantly panicking.

"We need to get her home, lets go guys" SpitFire told her team.

(At the WonderBolt HQ)

They had gotten ShadowHeart there and Soarin' offered his bed to her while he slept on the couch. All of the WonderBolts had left and gone to enjoy the rest of their week off starting with sleep to regenerate themselves from today, everypony but Soarin' and SpitFire.

"Are you alright Thunder?" SpitFire was still worried she wouldn't stay with her.

"I'm fine but i just don't know what im going to do with my life now..." Her voice trailed off almost on the verge of panicking again.

SpitFire hadn't thought of that. " Well..." She racked her brain for ideas."Don't you still want to be a dancer?"

ShadowHearts head perked up with wide eyes. "More than anything!" but then she looked disappointed. "The academy wont accept me again though, not after i just dropped-out...." She looked as if she was going to cry.

SpitFire nudged ShadowHeart."You're right, they probably wont." She stuck her nose up in the air.

Soarin' was about to tell her how rude she was but before he could say it SpitFire opened her eye down on ShadowHeart.

"That is unless you have a letter of recommendation from the princess that i can get for you.." Spitfire smiled after she said that.

ShadowHeart jumped up in joy and hugged SpitFire thanking her. They hugged for several moments, crying in each others hooves, glad to be back together again.

"So we should probably get some sleep we can hang out together tomorrow, ShadowHeart." SpitFire knew she called her ShadowHeart on purpose to see her reaction.

ShadowHeart looked down for a moment, but then returned with a smile on her face. "SpitFire please don't call me that anymore, that's not my name, call me ThunderDancer." ThunderDancer's smile was bigger than it ever was.