• Published 6th May 2012
  • 1,737 Views, 34 Comments

Dark days - Dashie4747



When Luna hears a voice telling her to betray Celestia, It begins to bring out her evil within

  • ...
7
 34
 1,737

Uprising of evil

Chapter 7

Twilight walked sluggishly onwards to where the changeling queen sat. Twilight didn't make any effort to pull her way out of the chains that bound her. Instead she stared motionlessly looking into nothingness. Secretly waiting and hoping that the princess and her friends would be able to save her before she was forced to raise the army of changelings like Chrysalis intended. Twilight was aware that the voices of her friends she had previously heard was some kind of spell in order to trick her meaning she didn't have to perform the spell but was too afraid of Nightmare moon, the one who was now taking her to what seemed like Equestrias demise.

Nightmare finally brought her through a large arch way where Chrysalis sat. The look on her face was not anger or hate but instead calm and soothing. Almost as if she didn't mind that Celestia had sent her friends to save her. Nightmare stopped in-front of the changeling queen before dropping Twilight harshly to the ground. Twilight groaned slightly but didn't show any pain or anger. She wasn't going to give them the satisfaction. Nightmare retreated back to the arch way where she turned and looked at the changeling queen. Twilight looked up at Chrysalis before steadily getting to her hooves. Chrysalis seemed to observe every movement she made before finally speaking. Her tone was gentle and smoothing.

"I see you have been at work but against my will am I right?” Twilight remained silent but continued to stair and Chrysalises hypnotic eyes. Chrysalis also stared back but continued to speak, her voice not faltering or showing remnants of being agitated by the slightest. "Your lack of cooperation will not release you from these chains young mare" continued Chrysalis leaning back against her makeshift thrown she sat on. Twilight stood motionlessly still not showing any signs of communicating with the alicorn queen in front of her.

Chrysalis looked at the motionless Twilight. She couldn't contain her frustration for much longer and it had begun to show in her expression. Suddenly Nightmare spoke up grabbing Chrysalises attention.
"We are running out of time, we need to raise your army before sun rise" said Nightmare moon concerned that anymore waiting for Twilight to cooperate could cost them their plan entirely. Chrysalis acknowledged her concerns and looked to Twilight who still stood motionless. Without a moment to spear Chrysalis decided her next move.
"Grab her and bring her outside, the time is right" ordered Chrysalis as she herself began to walk towards the exit of the building. A wave of nervousness passed over Twilight as the reality of what she had to do dawn on her once again.


The Night was quiet as the gentle breeze blew softly against the surrounding highlands. The moon shone brightly causing a pale white glow of light that shimmered across surrounding scenery, the hills where quiet and only the faint chirping of crickets could be heard among the trees. Shadow Night lay flat out in a bush with a pair of binoculars. His vision scanned the surrounding dip in mountains and finally caught sight of a road leading to a hidden away building which consisted of a steel entrance. The only windows where bared and the bricks blended in with the night. Five more figure appeared shortly behind Shadow Streak one by one.

"So how are we going to get in" Said Pinkie pie suddenly causing shadow so yell in surprise. Pinkies beaming face was met by Shadows slightly agitated face. "Well maybe next time you could give me more warming before you burst out of nowhere, and we're going to have to split up. Hopefully I'll be able to find my way into the complex but I'll need you five to wait out here while I retrieve Twilight".
"Oki doki loki" said Pinkie pie never faltering to be happy in even the most difficult situations. Apple Jack heard Shadows plan and looked disappointed.
"Hold on a sec how come only you get to go in and save Twilight?" said an annoyed Applejack. She was backed up back Rainbow dash.
"Yea, what do we do?"
Shadow streak didn't turn to look at the disappointed ponies but continued to look out over the eerie scenery that was the prison bellow.

"You can make sure that nothing happens outside while I save her" said Shadow not really paying attention to their question. The other ponies exchanged glances between them and then back to pondering stallion.
"you've got to be out of your mind, no way are we going to just sit here while you do all the...". Rarity was once again cut off by Shadow whose voice sounded louder than usual.
"Wait a minute change of plan" he said suddenly. The five ponies looked at each other once again and then back to the pony with the binoculars. Flutter shy’s ears pricked up at the sound of muffled talking in the distance.
"Someone's down there" she said anxiously. Her voice quivering as she hid behind her long pink hair.
"It's Nightmare and Chrysalis, and they have Twilight" said Shadow streak frantically trying to think of his next move. A wave of excitement and shock crossed the ponies’ faces.

"Boy when I get my hooves on Chrysalis..." said Rainbow dash pushing past the other ponies and attempt to run to Twilight's aid but was stopped by Applejack biting hold of her tail.
"Slow down there kiddo, you don't wanna be running out in-front of them two, remember what happened yesterday?" asked Apple Jack only concerned that if Nightmare did hurt her it would be much worse. The other ponies now turned to Shadow Night for instructions. Shadow stared blankly into mid-air until finally drawing together a plan of action.
"Okay, I know what to do but you all need to do exactly what I say so listen carefully". All six ponies huddled into a small circle as their own secretive plan was drawn together.
"Apple Jack, on my mark I want you to jump out and try to disorientate Chrysalis or Nightmare. You then get the hell out of there. Flutter shy since you're the only pony who can fly I need you grab Twilight while Pinkie pie detracts them. Rarity, use you’re magic to make sure flutter shy can retrieve Twilight safely. I will attempt to fight of them both serving as detraction". He finally turned to rainbow dash who seemed disappointed once more to be left out.
"Rainbow dash, kick some flank". And with that she gave her a salute.
"Now" said Shadow streak prepared for action," Let’s get of this hill and save your friend".


Twilight walked into the surrounding darkness that seemed to engulf her as she entered the outside world. The atmosphere outside was cool but the breeze was cold. It was as if she had dived into a sea of darkness unsure of when she would see the light of day. They walked silently through the calm night as the breeze brushed against the surrounding tree. Twilight's eyes scanned between the hedges and vegetation seeing if she could spot any glimmer of being saved by her friends. Questions began to form in her head one by one.

What if they don't make it?

What will I do then?

Where will I go?

"Maybe I could make a run for its" she thought to herself trying to calculate the possibility of her escape if she did make a run for freedom. Instead she continued to walk onward while her captors drove her forward. Eventually they reached a clearing in the trees where they stopped. Nightmare looked at Chrysalis who exchanged the glance.
"It's time, unicorn" said Chrysalis as she beamed a sinister glare at Twilight. With that Nightmare nudged her forward with her horn leaving Twilight standing in the centre of the opening.
"You know the spell my child, perform the spell and I will cross your magic with mine". Twilight remained silent for a long moment. Not wanting to perform the spell yet not wanting to face the punishment which will greet her if she doesn't perform it.

Twilight stood quietly and closed her eyes. A part of her was urging her to do the spell for her own safety but another telling her not to for the sake of Equestria. She didn't know whether Celestia had managed to send her friends in time. Only time would tell. Minuets passed like hours as Twilight tried to take as long as she could to prepare the spell. She could feel Chrysalis and Nightmare where beginning to become inpatient by the minuet but she needed to buy herself as much time as possible.

It was only until Chrysalis rose her voice was when she knew she was out of time. Twilight's horn began to shine as she began to utter the words. The words she dreaded to speak out for some time now. Suddenly an ore of light began to form around Twilight as she continued to speak of the words of the spell. She could feel the energy surging through her like a raging inferno of power. Chrysalis watched beamed with delight as the spell began to unreel from Twilight's mouth. The once quiet night was now lit up with the roar of energy surging through Twilight. As the orb on Twilight's horn began to increase in size so did the brightness.

Twilight's head was pounding from the intensity of the magic being emitted from her horn. Chrysalis lowered her horn and now her magic began to glow with fury. Before long Chrysalis's magic had joined with Twilight's to make a pale green orb of light. Suddenly there was a flash and it was as though it had become day for short moment. The orb of energy crashed to the ground causing flames of green lights to dance around the night sky. The sound of the energy hitting the floor was a high pitched static noise that ground Twilight's eardrums. Before long the jumbled mass of light had begun to form into a circular formation on the floor.

It was time. Apple Jack burst out of the nearby shrubs and tackled the changeling queen causing her ray of energy to miss fire and the beam of energy to go astray. The instant loss of Chrysalis's magic caused Twilight to stop suddenly before looking around. She was light headed after performing such a powerful spell but she could still see the events playing out around her. Chrysalis let out a scream of terror as she was taken by surprise by the strong earth pony. Apple Jack turned her body around and kicked Chrysalis in the jaw in an attempt to disorientate her. .Nightmare stood in shock at the events playing around her. It had all happened too quickly. Then it was Rainbow dashes turn, she to smash her hoof against Nightmare moon’s side causing her to loose balance. “That’s for damaging my wing" Rainbow dash cried in triumph

By this point Chrysalis had regained awareness of what was happening. Pure fury burned in her eyes as she let out a roar of rage. "You fool", chrysalis bellowed "you will all pay for your foolish actions". The same green magic that had been used to complete the spell was now being used in pure rage. The magic shot like a laser beam at the intruding ponies. Apple Jack and Rainbow dash saw the beams of death coming leaped back into the brush before being consumed by Chrysalis's rage. Suddenly Pinkie pie leaped out from behind a nearby tree shortly followed by Rarity. They both began to yell at the top of their lungs in order to get the two alicorn attention. Nightmare recovered from her blow quickly. Her thrust for revenge was indescribable.

Suddenly Nightmare began to gallop towards Pinkie and Rarity using her wings to accelerate speed. Pinkie pie and Rarity exchanged a worried glance that said "this wasn't part of the plan". Before they knew it they were running, running faster than they can ever remember running. It wasn't long before Nightmare was almost on their tail. Suddenly a tall red colour stallion with frizzy hair stood between the fleeing mares and the outraged alicorn. His expression showed no fear in the face of danger.

Shadow Night lowered his horn and within seconds a bolt of lightning had danced straight through the surrounding trees and into aggravated Nightmare moon. Nightmare hallowed in pain while collapsing to the floor, a cheer of success coming from the triumphant ponies.

Twilight Sparkle stood motionlessly among the chaos that surrounded her. It was all a blur of colour to her as she stared out into her own world. A silent ringing pierced her ears making her head hurt the quick blurs of colour made her feel dizzy. The eerie sound of her friends calling her name had begun to become apparent. Suddenly before she knew it she had begun to move on her own. She felt the grip of another pony trying desperately to drag her away from the mayhem. Her vision gradually reduced into a blur as the sounds of chaos outside began to quieten. All séance of the reality of the moment had cleared from her mind and she felt relaxed.

She had reached the eye of the storm.