• Published 6th May 2012
  • 1,737 Views, 34 Comments

Dark days - Dashie4747



When Luna hears a voice telling her to betray Celestia, It begins to bring out her evil within

  • ...
7
 34
 1,737

Deadly deeds

Chapter 4

As soon as Twilight woke the intensity of the migraine that seemed to hover over her head had begun to make her feel sick. She opened her eyes and to be greeted by the sight of dim light passing through the entry through the ceiling. The sound of water dripping had begun to irritate her ears as the intense silence that covered the room seemed to close in on her. Twilight rubbed her eyes with her hooves and set aside the covers. She was still in her bed but her room and house no longer surrounding her. Twilight glanced around puzzled at the unfamiliar scenery around her and the dim light that pained her eyes even more. Even though the darkness was seemed to be the only presence, she felt a strange feeling of something more powerful. She knew what it was after reading about it multiple times in her library but she couldn't quite make out what.

Suddenly a figure emerged silently from the darkness. Twilight's jaw dropped in fear and in astonishment. Nightmare moon walked calmly towards her. She had a fixed expressionless look on her face and walked with long strides. Twilight was lost for words and was in disbelief. "Why?" uttered Twilight in utter astonishment. "What has happened to you Luna?” Nightmare shot an angry look at Twilight. Her lips almost snarled like a tiger. "I am not Luna" she hissed threateningly as she slowly approached Twilight who shuffled back on her bed. "She is gone! And nobody can change that". She turned away suddenly looking into the darkness that she had emerged from. Twilight stared at her in disbelief. "Look at you, you are not like this anymore!" said Twilight helplessly, Sadness had begun to clog her through as she gazed at the new Luna in-front of her. The person she once went to for advice was now the pure signature of evil and epitome. For Twilight it was as if she had lost a dear friend.

Nightmare spun around once more. "I was made to be like this!" she yelled in anger," Your mentor and my so called sister punished me for a thousand years and then expected me to live in her shadow". The rage was now almost fully visible on her face. Twilight didn't flinch this time, Instead she stared at Nightmare as if she was just a ghost. "Please Luna you have to listen to me you need to snap out of it , your stronger then this!!" Twilight yelped in desperation. Nightmare's anger seemed on the verge of blowing like a volcano. Just as Nightmare was about to vaporize the distraught Twilight, Chrysalis now emerged from the darkness behind.

"Save your anger my dear, we need her" said Chrysalis as she approached the side of the bed where Twilight sat. Twilight gasped in horror for the second time and pressed herself against the end of her bed. Chrysalis smiled at the fear that glowed in Twilight's eyes. "ow no" whispered Twilight not taking her eyes of chrysalis, "this isn't happening". The few rays of light seemed to sprint around the room. Nightmare moon managed to retain her anger for now but the anger still seemed to spawn inside of her.

"My dearest Twilight, It hasn't been long since we met" said Chrysalis circling Twilight as if she was a mouse stuck in a trap. Fear over took Twilight's body.
"What do you want from me?" she asked scanning the room for a place to quick escape. She knew that if she did run then Nightmare would probably chase her down or do some kind of horrible spell to her. She didn't want to take the risk. Chrysalis now approached Twilight and sat next to her on the bed. As soon as Twilight looked at Chrysalis she made eye contact instantly. It was as if her eyes seemed to burn holes in her brain. Twilight looked away quickly. Chrysalis proceeded to answer her question.

"Twilight sparkle, your magic capabilities seem limitless" said Chrysalis with a now friendly look on her face, “you have studied under the princess’s teachings for years now and only you apart from Celestia have the power complete the deed I need doing". Twilight stared at the Chrysalis and then at the floor. Chrysalis continued to explain her plan Twilight who sat motionless in the unfamiliar bed she had slept it.
“I need you Twilight Sparkle to firstly bring back my army of changelings and then an old friend of mine". Twilight looked up in disbelief.

"No, No I can't do that" said Twilight who then sunk into the bed when Chrysalis smile turned into an unwelcoming glare.
"Why not?" said Chrysalis angrily. She could see that Twilight was becoming intimidated by her display of anger.
"Because I do not have the magic power on my own to raze them, and I refuse to help your schemes" Said Twilight bravely. Even though she was scared she was going to stand up for her friends and her princess no matter what. Twilight didn't expect the event that happened next. Chrysalis stood up and nodded to Nightmare who instantly turned to face the darkness. The sound of her friends came bellowing from the darkness that blocked Twilight's vision to see if they were there. Twilight gasped in horror once more. Sorrow struck her as she heard the torture in her friend’s voices calling for help. Twilight yelled out to them but they didn't seem to hear her.

Twilight got up and was about to walk towards them when Chrysalis stood in front of her. "All you need to do is do as I say, and then they will be freed". Twilight had begun to run out of options. She couldn't do anything to save her friends and if she didn't do as she said then she didn't even want to think of the consequences she would face. Twilight stood up defeated, the emotion of dread now drove her body onward. She was led by Chrysalis and Nightmare towards the outside of the complex they were in. Nightmare shot a look at Chrysalis to say "I can't believe the spell worked". Chrysalis smiled back at her when Twilight wasn't looking. Their plan was on the way to finally being completed and it was almost time to release chaos over the town of Ponyville. Just as they walked and finally reached the end of the building Twilight turned her head to look at Nightmare who seemed to ignore her gaze. Twilight then spoke the words that stuck in Nightmares mind. "What have you become"?


Rainbow dash signed in re-leaf as her friends pored suddenly into the room. As she expected Pinkie pie was the first to come racing into the room. It was clearly visible that she had been crying and didn't show any effort to hide it. Pinkie pie was followed by Apple jack, Rarity and Flutter shy who also seemed to be upset. Spike quickly ran in with Princess Celestia following behind. Pinkie pie burst into joy as she saw Rainbow dash was still okay but didn't run up to hug her because of obvious reasons. Apple jack walked up to Dashie inspecting her wounds. Rainbow dash made an attempt to get up but was immediately stopped by an excruciating pain in her right wing. Dashie let out a cry of pain and she once again collapsed to the floor. "Dashie are you alright?" they all asked concerned for their friend’s safety. Rainbow dash nodded this time not trying to get up again.
"we were so worried about you! we thought you could be dying or worse!" said Pinkie pie almost in tears once more. Rainbow dash shot her a serious look to say "I'm fine" but Pinkie continued to speculate in her head. Fluttershy looked around curiously.

Where is Twilight?" asked Fluttershy as she scanned the debris and rubble that littered Twilight's home. Dashie looked up at Fluttershy and then closed her eyes. The horror of that night once again came back to haunt her.
"Twilight" she muttered under her breath, “Twilight! She's been taken by Nightmare moon!" exclaimed Rainbow dash trying to explain all the events that happened at once. Celestia walked over to dash in shock.

"Did Nightmare do this to you?" She asked curiously summing up the situation in her head. Two nurses rushed past Celestia and the other's and straight to Rainbow dashes aid. Rainbow dash nodded, the same expression of fear she had on her face was still painted to her face. She quickly shook of the look trying to get rid of any sign that she might have been scared that night. The two nurses lifted her onto a stretcher and carried her out to an ambulance cart. The others followed Rainbow dash as she got loaded into the ambulance cart. Before the cart began to move pinkie pie and the others also leaped in with her apart from Celestia who stood staring at the gaping hole through Twilight's ceiling. Spike walked back into the house to see what was holding back Celestia.

"Princess are you coming with us?" asked spike but got no answer in rely. Instead Celestia turned to face Spike. Worry seemed to cloud her facial expression as she gazed at the baby dragon.
"Yes" she said simply "Yes I'll be right there, go on without me I'll catch up". And with that Spike disappeared back outside and to the ambulance cart. Celestia continued to gaze at the hole in the ceiling and then to Twilight's empty bed. Finally she turns and heads after the other ponies. Celestia new she was getting weaker and she dreaded the worst. Just as she was about to leave she thought she saw a pony in the corner of her eye. The shape was too large to be any ordinary pony. She turned to see who was there but she was alone in the quiet of the house. After standing quietly for scanning her surroundings for about a minute, Celestia finally left the room. All she could think about was the safety of Equestria and ponyville. Both of which seemed to cast in a dark shadow that was descending over the land. Then her thoughts went to Twilight who she presumed was in Nightmare moons possession. She knew that Twilight was a strong mare and could only hope she was okay. The storm had passed but now a new force seemed to be approaching. Whatever was happening, things where only going to get much, much worse.