• Published 6th May 2012
  • 1,737 Views, 34 Comments

Dark days - Dashie4747



When Luna hears a voice telling her to betray Celestia, It begins to bring out her evil within

  • ...
7
 34
 1,737

The beginning

Dark days - by Dashie4747


When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you.”- Anonymous



The wind bellowed and howled violently like packs of wolves wandering through the night. The clouds had swallowed up the rest of the stars still visible and now rain poured down in rivers onto the city of Canterlot. Lightning dominated the sky over the air space of the city and the clouds howled as if they were in pain. Princess Luna Stood staring out at the storm that played out around her. Luna’s hair was almost blending in with the scenery behind her as she looked out into the abyss that was the coming storm. The wind seemed to wrap around her effortlessly with not a single movement by Luna. She stood still almost stone like watching as the rain covered the city below her. All of the inhabitants of the city apart from the city guards and herself where still awake and battling through the violent storm that raged about them. Even her sister, Celestia slept soundly as the storm attempted to coil itself around the city. Although the rest of the city lay calm and still under the protection of their roofs, Luna felt exposed. The cold latched itself on to her warm and soaked body but she didn't care, she had felt colder before.

Luna had tried to forget her past. The inconvenient truth that tormented her and mocked her every day of every night still scolded her even when she experiences happiness and joy. The two emotions she was still coming to terms with. Although her punishment had passed and her older sister had forgiven her for her rebellious ways, she still felt like something was not fair about how things had played out. Almost as if it she still wanted revenge on her sister. She instantly rejected that though. How could she think such a thing about her older sibling, after all she was her sister and Luna was a new pony now? She had given up her old ways for a reason and she wasn't planning on following the wrong path. As well as that she also loved her sister and nothing would ever change that.

Luna finished her night watch early today. She was tired and hadn't been feeling herself recently. She retreated back to her room and fell backwards onto her bed staring into nothingness, a thing she had done day after day. Her horn lit up and the shutters to the balcony closed blocking out the fierce howl of the wind outside. She rolled over on her side trying to make herself comfortable. She might have blocked out the sound of the wind but she didn't block out the memories and hatred that circulated her entire body. For her it seemed the pain would never stop, never go away and always be there to haunt her even when she is oblivious to it. Luna closed her eyes and blocked out the bad thoughts that struck her repeating. Lucky for her she had gotten good at blocking out the pain.

Just as she had begun to semi dream a whisper almost directly next to her ear. This made her wake in a startle wondering what who it was and where it had come from. She got up from out of her bed and looked around. Nothing was moving apart from the curtains that where being blown by the rampaging storm that blew at the window. Finally after a minuet of checking that everything was in place she sat back down on her bed. She hadn't quite heard what the voice had said but she was too tired to want to investigate further. Once again she wrapped the covers around her and closed her eyes once more. The second time the voice echoed in her ears she heard what it said and something about it made her shiver. "Luna" said the voice making Luna once again get to her hooves.

"Who goes there?" she demanded looking around the room defensively, her horn lit up ready to give any intruders a nasty shock when she sees them. Suddenly a cruel laugh echoed around her room and it made Luna's hair stand on end. She spread her wings out and twisting her body trying to find where the voice had come from but with no luck. Luna spoke louder this time trying to sound as intimidating as the intruder that seemed to dance in her fear.

"Show yourself!" she bellowed. Fear seamed to overcome her mind making her feel sick. The voice once again spoke but this time with a more friendly and soothing tone.

"My dearest Luna, Don't you remember me" The voice seemed friendlier this time but there was something allot more sinister behind the masked voice.

"Who are you, how dare you intrude my slumber like this" Shouted Luna aggravated at how the voice had startled her. The voice although seemingly coming from nowhere seemed to wrap itself around her in an almost friendly embrace. Luna was confused and began to step back not knowing if she was imagining the voice or if she should call the guards. The voice once again cackled and seemed to circle Luna. It then spoke but this time something sounded oddly familiar about it.

"Luna my dear, never mind about whom I am, Just listen to what I would like to propose" said the voice now becoming less of a whisper and more of a soothing melody. Luna wasn't sure what to make of what the voice was telling her, eventually she decided to agree to listen to whatever the voice wanted to say not knowing how she would feel afterwards.

"We are mainly the same pony. We both long for what we most desire the most and that is revenge!" she said with an almost evil grin painted in Luna's mind.

"Ever since your sister and her supposed friendship group defeated me, I have been locked away for in this prison of torture for too long, your sister has punished me to eternal pain and suffering beyond belief" said the voice now sounding sad and tortured in nature. Luna looked surprised and replied to the mysterious voices statement.

"Celestia would never do such a thing, she is always forgiving no matter what!" she said on behalf of her sister. The voice just laughed painfully load and resumed to enchant Luna with opinion after opinion.

"You are foolish to believe such lies, after all you are one to have experienced Celestia's punishments haven't you?” Luna's pupils became wider and suddenly the pain and torment she had been holding back finally flooded her. Luna looked down and closed her eyes unable to come to terms with the suffering that had overcome her. The voice laughed wickedly once again and seemed to close in on Luna. At that moment a faint figure approached her from behind. Luna felt it's presence but was too weak to turn to look who it was. Then Luna uttered the words once more.

"Who are you?" She said tired of the mind games she had been struggling to be released from. The voice was now load and clear and the voice that greeted her made her shiver in fear once more.

"My name is Chrysalis, Queen of the changeling's and I believe we've met before."