• Published 6th May 2012
  • 1,737 Views, 34 Comments

Dark days - Dashie4747



When Luna hears a voice telling her to betray Celestia, It begins to bring out her evil within

  • ...
7
 34
 1,737

Calling out

Chapter 5

Twilight sat at her makeshift desk in the prison that once held chrysalis. She had only just come to terms with being captured by Nightmare moon and Chrysalis but now she had to betray Celestia and raise and army of changelings. Toughs and decisions seemed to collide in her mind making her feel tired once more. She had an Idea of just what Nightmare and Chrysalis where planning and she didn't want to be a part of it, In fact all she wanted to do was get back to studying and be with her friends. The thought of what Nightmare might do to them made her cringe and just be absorbed into the darkness that surrounded her. She thought about her friends and all the wonderful times together. Suddenly determination swept through her. Twilight new that although Equestria will be at risk if she does what Nightmare says ,she knew that the combined elements of harmony should be able to bring down both Nightmare and Chrysalis once again.

Her thoughts went to Luna who was now the all-powerful Nightmare moon once more. She knew that Luna at the time was still suffering from the pain when she was imprisoned on the moon. But what confused her was why Luna suddenly changed her mind about her sister and decided to take sides with Chrysalis.

After a while Twilight had stopped asking herself questions. She was tired and wanted to get out of the prison she was confined in to do the work of the devil. It turned out that the prison she was in now was once Chrysalis prison not long ago, and now she was the prisoner. Like a trapped mouse unable to escape without going straight into the pit of mouse traps which surrounded her. As Twilight scanned the mountain of books that seemed to tower over her she had gradually become oblivious to the outside world around her. Hours seemed to last years and days seemed to last for centuries. Twilight wasn't 100% sure how the spell was going to work or what book it was but she knew that if she didn't get it done then she didn't even want to think about the outcome. Twilight could sense the presence of someone watching her which she presumed was Nightmare. How desperately she wanted to ask her why she did it.

As she worked it was almost as if she could feel her peering over her shoulder but whenever she looked back she was only greeted by the darkness that inhabited her cell. She stared at the darkness for a while before getting back to the books spread open across her desk. Normally she loved reading but not this time, not while being forced to read. As she read she continued to think about how and why Luna would have such a change of heart so fast. All she knew for curtain was that although she is Nightmare moon, Luna is still there and that gave her confidence. Confidence that Luna can change from the evil, cruel nightmare back to the caring person she once was. Suddenly thoughts began to stream rapidly through her head and the reason for Luna becoming Nightmare moon had seemed to become apparent.

If Luna had been visited by Chrysalis then she might have been able to turn Luna against Celestia again using the punishments Celestia gave to her thousands of years ago. Chrysalis was Inside Luna's mind which is why she is still resentful towards Celestia! Twilight's ideas seemed to scream at her as if to say "Why didn't you think of this before!?” While she thought a plan slowly began to develop him her mind as she attempted to stop herself speaking it out loud for Nightmare to hear. Twilight was no longer reading the book in front of her but had drifted off into a plan that could release her from this prison and ultimately save Equestria. Then she thought about how Chrysalis could have contacted Luna from a prison cell on the other side of Equestria. She stopped to think and then the solution exploded in her mind. She had used a message spell in order to convince Luna which meant that she could also do the same but to Celestia. For the first time in what seemed centuries, Twilight grinned as she thought of the prospect of escape. But she knew she had to do the spell carefully or Nightmare would surly intervene.

Twilight still had her books open pretending to read closed her eyes and though of the message spell. She had never used it before but now was a good time. She wished she could simply magic herself out of her prison but noticed the prison was covered in an anti-teleportation spell, making this her only hope of escape. Twilight closed her eyes and muttered the words of the spell quietly to herself, her horn lit up brightly. It surprisingly didn't take long before she felt herself tap in to Celestia who was in the middle of reading twilight's old letters. Twilight now had her chance and she was going to take it.


Princess Celestia sat quietly reading though the pile of letters which her student Twilight Sparkle had sent her. She had been holding back tears but eventually it became almost impossible, the memories of her faithful student still streaming through her head. Celestia could only guess what Nightmare would do to her. Her student’s magic was incredibly powerful and Luna knew this making her all the more deadly. Celestia knew that she was gradually getting weaker and it was only a matter of time before she was completely drained of her powers. She didn't want to think of how Nightmare would rule Equestria but she knew that Nightmare was coming for her with a thirst for vengeance. There was however one thing Celestia wasn't sure about and that was if Nightmare wanted to take over Equestria, how will she without an army? Maybe she is working with or for someone? Celestia stared blankly at the letters now with speculations dancing around her mind. All the thoughts that went through Celesta’s head were all thoughts she didn't want to think about but had to for the safety of Equestria and her students.

Suddenly out of now where came a voice that filled her heart with joy. Celestia spun round expecting to see Twilight Sparkle standing behind her. Her hopes where lost when she finds herself still alone in the room. Celestia looked around the room puzzled. Eventually she dismisses the voice as a figment of her imagination and continued to read through Twilight's letters when this time she hears Twilight's voice again but much loader. The voice spoke clearly next to her ear making her ears prick up like a cats to find the direction of the voice. This couldn't be her mind playing tricks on her. "Princess" said a distressed and fearful Twilight.

Celesta’s head darted around the room making sure Twilight wasn't standing somewhere else. Celestia stood up and scanned her bedroom yelling out to the voice.
"Twilight my student, Where are you?" asked Celestia eager to see how her apprentice was but could hear distress in Twilight's voice. At that moment a faint figure of Twilight appeared in front of Celestia. Celestia knew immediately before jumping to her apprentice's aid that it was a holographic message being sent from where ever Twilight was.
"Princess, It's so good to see you again, listen I have not got much time" said Twilight eagerly trying to give Celestia all she knew all at once. Celestia nodded allowing Twilight to explain all she knew and where she was. Celestia was shocked but not surprised to hear that Chrysalis was involved.

"So you see princess, I am being forced to rise Chrysalis's changeling army once more but I need to escape in order to prevent that from happening" Said Twilight Quickly, she knew she was running out of time and she needed to tell the Princess everything. Celestia nodded in agreement trying to calm Twilight with her soothing voice, but even that was difficult due to her being equally stressed.
“I understand Twilight; I will send your friends on a mission to save you from Nightmare and Chrysalis promptly, in the meantime stay safe my young apprentice".
Twilight's expression suddenly changed to confusion.
"Wait, are my friends okay, are they still in Ponyville?" Twilight asked hoping dearly for the answer to be yes. Now the princess looked confused.
"Of course, Rainbow dash is injured but they are all ...." Celestia was cut of by Twilight suddenly vanishing and she was once again plunged into silence. She knew now where Twilight was and was going to save her no matter what the cost.

Twilight woke suddenly from her spell to see nightmare moon looming over her. Her glare was piercings and there seemed to be a fire in her eyes that burned like an inferno. Twilight gulped as she dreaded the punishments Nightmare Might have in stall.