• Published 19th Jan 2015
  • 2,194 Views, 13 Comments

Foreknowledge - Mr_Hippopotomonstroses



An interesting group is using a natural phenomenon to their advantage in order to seek out new complex like in other universes... And one certain member ends up in a place he knows all to well.

  • ...
13
 13
 2,194

Chapter 12: Time Lamps

Chapter 12: Time Lamps

Teaching Twi to swim did help her when she went to go hang out with her friends. They left to a pond near the barn. A month has passed since I taught her to swim and I have finished my swords. I was making a house on the edge of the everfree near Aj's place. No one owns the area since it is so close to the everfree so I didn't have to pay. I did have to talk to the mayor about making a house there. It looked like a simple two story house but it had several floors underneath and some means of defense I had installed while making the house.

It ran on electricity. Still somewhat unstable but I have lights around the house now. A porch out in front, a balcony on the second floor, and a small garden and place to hang on the roof. I had only told Twi where I was so not many pony's would bother me and since I was moving out of her place, she wanted to know. I had moved my stuff from my lab to my house's hidden floors beneath the house. It was a safe place for any danger. I couldn't take some things since it was built into the floor like the pool, and some pipes going in the ground. Twilight was happy to still have a heated pool so yeah.

I had just finished all my packing and unpacking via VPD and was relaxing on the couch in my living room. I was there lying down until some one frantically knocked on the door.

"Night Wing!"

"Yes Twilight?"

"You have to help me, I can't find Spike anywhere!"

"Oh shit...did you get a new pet owl?"

"Yes but what does that have to-"

"Follow me Twi. Hurry!"

She wasn't supposed to stop at my place. She was supposed to find the trail and save Spike from the dragon. This might go wrong if we didn't hurry. Twilight was making me explain as we ran in the everfree, Spikes tracks now visible. I told her a little as posible, just saying that we had to find him before something else did. We ran until we saw him being chased by a dragon.

"Help!"

"Spike!"

"Twilight, teleport him out now!"

"But-"

"Now!!"

I had withdrawn my sword ready for combat. Twilight did as I said, but she also teleported me as well. That got me disoriented. I just kinda fell backwards stumbling from the teleportation.

"Are you okay!?"

"Twi."

"Yes?"

"Warn me next time you do that to me."

"I will, but I couldn't leave you out there."

"Fair enough."

"Lets take you home Spike."

"My home is closer. Let's head their for now."

"Alright."

We went to my home as some wind came in. We entered and I went to go prepare something for them. I had two salads made and went back in, they seemed like they where in the middle of the conversation so I waited until it was over. I came back in and gave them the salads. They just patiantly ate it.

"So, Spike did you tell Twilight why you ran off?"

"Yes."

"And you explained to him why he didn't need to worry?"

"Yes...wait did you know this was going to happen?"

"Are you going to ask that every time I know something?"

"I don't ask every time!"

"Name one time I knew something and you didn't question me about it."

"Well there was that time when...no...how about when...no..."

"Cornered. He, he. Anyways, if you need me i'll be on the roof."

I left them and headed to the stair case. On the second floor I headed to the balcony where the other set of stairs where. I just went on the roof and lay on a blanket looking to the sky. I lay there for about an hour. I heard hoof steps approaching my side. I turned and saw Twilight coming in my direction. She just sat next to me, as we made small talk. She had teleported Spike home so he could sleep and came to say bye but decided to stay for a while.

"So why are you out here?"

"Star gazing."

"Really?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Not many other pony's do that."

"Well, they don't know what they're missing. I couldn't do this back home."

"What, why?"

"Light pollution."

"What do you mean?"

"On my world, well...remember the model size car yous asked about when I taught you to swim?"

"A little."

"Well we had those in the size or carriages and it burned its fuel in order to move around."

"Fuel?"

"Old animal bones, a certain material in the bones where collected over the years and we used that material, burn it, and produce fuels for our cars."

"...Okay?"

"Yeah it sounds weird. Anyway's. The fuel used for the cars was burned, so it left a residue in the air. The gas polluted the air, and from all the cars the air was heavily polluted. The light like the ones I have here would reflect off the polluted air and block the stars."

"Oh..."

"Yeah, by the time we found another source of fuel that didn't need to be burned the damage had been done. The polluted air would eventually be gone but that would take decades. Some areas around the world where not as polluted as busy city's and scientist made an establishment in order to chrack stars where there was less pollution."

"Why don't your people just turn off the lights then?"

"I'll give you anything you wanted if you could pull that off. Almost the only time that would happen was when something caused the lights to go out, and even then people used flashlights and other things."

We talked some more about my world as time progressed. She had asked why I was star gazing, I just replied with it always interested me, and I had wanted to before but couldn't. I said 'You never know what you have until you lose it.' That got her thinking, about what I don't know but she went silent, thinking. I just lay down and closed my eyes. We sat in silence until Twilight had said she needed to go to sleep, and teleported away. I just lay thinking about what was to come.

I was on the roof for a while. I was out there for another hour and a half until I got sleepy. I just went back inside and turned off the lights. I couldn't stop thinking about what was to come in my future.