• Published 19th Jan 2015
  • 2,193 Views, 13 Comments

Foreknowledge - Mr_Hippopotomonstroses



An interesting group is using a natural phenomenon to their advantage in order to seek out new complex like in other universes... And one certain member ends up in a place he knows all to well.

  • ...
13
 13
 2,193

Chapter 11: Not A Coincidence

Chapter 11: Not A Coincidence

I woke up again. I was still int the hospital. Twilight was to the side reading a book. I feel like shit That's what you get for feeding of pain. I learned to ignore pain, I feel fine. I sat up on my bed, Twilight still not noticing that I was awake. I had to get to my lab and work on my swords.

"How long have you been there?"

"Oh, your awake. I just got here a few minutes ago."

Yeah, no she's lying. She has a better poker face than most though.

"Sure. Anyway's lets go home."

"What!? You're still hurt!"

"My nano band will heal everything Twi."

Not a complete lie Not the complete truth either. Still works. Not like she could tell.

"B-But! At least wait for the nurse to check everything!"

"He, sure Twi. You worry to much."

"I worry for a friend!"

"Of course."

Nurse Redheart, the nurses name, had said that they had done everything they could for me and I had to rest at my own place. Twilight started to argue with her about my state of health. She lost the argument as I smiled as she tried to make up a good argument. She couldn't argue that well though. We walked home as she kept talking about how they could have done more. We where half way to the library as she continued to rant about my health. I have had enough of this. What..?

"Relax already Twi. I swear you just need to get laid."

That shut her up for the rest of the trip home. We where interrupted by Rainbow who wanted to check on me as well. Twilight had a talk with Rainbow as I walked to the library. They walked and talked. I just went in and went to my lab. I was putting something on my blade to help re enforce the sharp edge and help cut through things much easier. I was putting it on the blade as Twilight came downstairs.

"Night Wing-"

"Goggles Twilight."

"Right."

"So what where you saying?"

"I was going to ask if you where alright."

"You worry to much about others Twi. I'm fine."

"If you say so. Also would you like some food?"

"Oh God yes! I'm so hungry I could eat a h-HMF"

Way to go smart ass, you almost said it. Hey, I forgot okay?

"What was that?"

"Nothing. I am just starving and would like some food."

"Okay, i'll call you back. I'll have a surprise for you. Don't come back up unless I tell you okay?"

"As long as I don't get a party i'm fine."

"Okay, I have to give Pinkie the news then."

"Wait, what!?"

"I'm joking. Your expression was priceless though."

She kept giggling and she left to prepare my surprise, I grumbled at her sense of humor. Wonder what it might be. Probably a book. Yeah, that's probably it. I kept working on my swords. As I finished Twilight had told me to come back up. I stopped and sniffed the air. Is that? No. I followed my nose to the kitchen, a giggling twilight following me. I got to the kitchen and looked at the table. I couldn't believe what I saw. On the table lay three plates for me. One had Bacon, one had steak, and one was a chicken, I think. But hey, its meat!

"I-Is that...?"

"Meat. Surprise Night Wing!"

I was smiling and staring at the meat. Not even thinking I ran to Twilight, Hugged her, a quick kiss on the cheek, and ran back and started to devour my meat. I was half way through the meat as I looked over to Twilight. I kept thanking her, telling her that she didn't know how much I missed meat. She came to the other side of the table and got a salad.

"So why the change of heart, Twi?"

"What do you mean?"

"Before you said that you wouldn't let me get meat, and now you gave me some. Whats the occasion?"

"Nothing.. Just my way to thank you for saving ponyville and my life in the forest. Even if it was my fault."

I didn't hear what she grumbled underneath her breath at the end of that sentence but I had a good guess to what she just said.

"What was that Twi?"

"-Nothing, just thanking you for saving my life!"

"Okay, just please don't make a big deal out of it. I still have pony's clapping every once in a while for saving them."

"Serves you for being anti social."

"Asocial Twilight, asocial."

"Sure asocial."

"Whatever."

We had small talk throughout the meal. We talked as Spike was dismissed from his chores to go help Rarity on something. Everything was fine until Rainbow came in telling us to close our windows and block the door. She had explained that some accident happened in the weather factory and there was a blizzard coming our way. Twilight worried about Spike until Rainbow told her that Rarity will keep him safe. Once she calmed down and got got to work on locking and securing the windows I blocked off the doors.

We decided it best to stay in the basement/my lab until the blizzard died out. I had just finished the securing the last door and started heading downstairs as hard wind blew outside. It gave off that whistling sound. We went downstairs and closed the basement door. Guess its a good thing we worked on project 23 then. Guess so. I went to a solid wall and hit a key stone in the wall revealing the sixth room. Twilight had only thought there where five rooms.

"Whats that?"

"A hidin room."

"Why?"

"I had my more advanced things here. I got some experimental things here and some finished things."

"Why come here?"

"I have a heated pool in here."

"...What..?"

"Just follow me Twi."

I had dug to expand the room immensely and had a pool in here to swim. I didn't want to swim in the cold river in the Everfree. I had made some swimming shorts. I just dove in the deep end. The deep end was around 20 feet and the shallow end was 2. Enough for me to swim around freely and sit in the water. I had made a heater and a cooler so I could adjust the temperature of the water. Twilight just stood there staring. I lightly chuckled.

"Twilight, you just going to stand their or are you going to get in?"

"How deep is this?"

"This end is about 20 feet and the other end is about 2 feet. Why?"

I just saw her go over to the shallow end and just get in. She seemed hesitant but relaxed with the warm water. She still seemed nervous. I just swam over to her to check is she was okay.

"Hey Twilight, whats wrong? You look pretty nervous."

"I-It's just..."

"What?"

"I had a bad experience with swimming when I was a filly."

"What do you mean?"

"The first time I swam, I almost drowned. Ever since I haven't really gone swimming."

She continued her story about not being able to swim because of her bad experience when she was young. I just listened as I understood why she seemed nervous.

"Come here Twi."

"What? Why?"

"Your going to learn how to swim today."

"W-What?"

Yeah, she didn't like the idea so much. From her bad experience, I could see why. It took me ten minutes to get her to say yes to the idea. Good thing to, she need to know this. Yeah, she does. I first go her to float on the water and stay still. That alone took about seven minutes. Another four minutes to try it on her own. The hard part was her normal swimming. She was a pony, not a human. She swam like, half dog paddle half human swimming. Yeah, that's odd.

In total, it took about and hour and a half to work up her courage and skill to swim. She had a panic attack when she had realized she was swimming without me. It was funny for the most part. I still had to help her get over her panic attack. She made me promise to tell her when I was going to leave her side. I just laughed it off and agreed.

Once two hours had passed she could swim normally. She thanked me as I just shrugged it off. I just replied with saying 'It's something you have to know' and left it at that. We swam for a while. We weren't sure if the blizzard was still out or not and I told Twilight I would check. She seemed okay but swam closer to the shallow area.

I checked the window and say that the blizzard seemed to have calmed down. I estimated about another half an hour and it would be gone. I went back down and told Twilight. She was enjoying herself in the pool. I just jumped in again and back stroked around the pool. We where there for about twenty five minutes until I decided to stop, and went to dry myself off and get some dry cloths to put on. Twilight came out by the time I was done drying my self and putting on cloths. I just tossed her a towel to dry herself off. She thanked me and dried off. We went upstairs to see the blizzard gone. She took care of the windows as I took care of the doors.

Near the last door I was checking I saw a piece of paper. 'Test 10'. I just laughed softly to myself and went downstairs to put it with 8, 2, 9, 3, and 1. I took out my swords and applied a special substance to the edge. I left to the next room and stayed their for ten minutes. I came back out and on my sword lay another test paper. 'Test 4'. I just smiled. I spent most of that day working with chemicals and sharpened my swords.

"Well this was interesting."

"That's one way to say it."

"Are you looking forward to it?"

"Not exactly, but not like I can avoid it, now can I?"

"I don't care if you can or can't. It will and has happened."

"Time is a bitch."

"No, actually I think your Time's bitch."

"Shut up."

"He, he."

Rainbow came in later talking about how the floor of the winter department looked like it was forced open. I just smiled at that. She just looked at me, squinted, and punched me in the arm. She kept telling me that the accident was serious and was not funny. She said she had to help clean it up and left. That left me and Twilight to talk until Spike came back from Rarity's.

About half an hour later Rainbow came back with a confused expression on her face. I laughed softly at that, only to be punched by her again on the arm. She hit the same place twice and this time it was harder so it hurt, but I wasn't going to let her know that. She flew in as something fell out of her mane. I got closer as I heard her talking to Twilight. Saying the winter department's floor was repaired. She said it was in a layer of ice. She and her group of workers couldn't figure out why or how that happened. I just grabbed the piece of paper. 'Test 6 '. I wasn't careful as Twilight saw me pick up the paper and pocket it.

"What was that?"

"What was what?"

"That piece of paper you picked up."

"It's nothing"

"Let me see it."

"Not a chance."

"Then it's not nothing."

"I'm not getting out of this am I?"

"Not a chance."

"I'll tell you, but not today. Around a month."

"Why?"

"I'll explain then."

"Why not now?"

"Cmon Twi, please just let it go until then."

"I guess I do owe you for the swimming lesson."

"Swimming lesson?"

Yeah, Twilight started to talk to Rainbow about her swimming. Rainbow now knew I had a pool and wanted to use it. I denied her request. She pleaded and I just denied it. She punched me harder for the third time one the arm and stormed off. Once she was gone and I was alone in my lab I rubbed my now sore arm from the pain. I was in my lab for a while until it was night. I just went back upstairs to my room and fell on bed.

This was interesting. Indeed. I just talked to myself for twelve minutes until I got tired and dozed off. Yeah, I was in for an interesting time.