• Published 5th Jan 2015
  • 1,173 Views, 19 Comments

Living with ponies? Defeating villains? I could get used to this. - The Batmane of equestria



Equestria. A perfectly harmless haven for all that is good and right, right? Well, our hero, me, will have to find out the truth, and that truth is out to get me.

  • ...
13
 19
 1,173

Can I not have any peace?

The train braked hard and I couldn’t help but start to ponder the situation. Did my arrival here mix up the continuum so things happen differently? I mean, Sombra never came back in the show and Twilight sure as heck wasn’t on the train when Tirek attacked Canterlot.

As the train came to a stop, Twilight started briefing the girls. “Girls, I have a plan! Firstly, Rainbow, I need you to speed ahead and start the evacuation! Fluttershy, get as many animals you can to help her. Pinki-”

“No need for that!” I interjected, earning a surprised glare from Twilight. “I already explained this! Twilight, you need to get to the other princesses and take on their magic in order to defeat Tirek when he turns his sights on Ponyville. It’s too late for Canterlot.”

“Never!” She shouted. “How in Tartarus can I leave Canterlot to fall!?”

“You won’t!” I argued. “Everypony will survive and you will have defeated Tirek, meaning everypony will get their magic back.”

“But-”

“Trust me on this Twi. We may have just met a few days ago, but did I not already prove myself against Sombra?”

“I… You’re right.” She relented.

“Good. Twilight, you go on ahead. Me and the girls will just head back to Ponyville.”

Twilight looked saddened at the prospect of leaving her friends behind.

“Go.” I ordered. With that, she turned around, spread her wings, and took to the sky, heading towards Canterlot.

The train quickly started moving again soon after and the girls and Spike simply stared in sadness at the alicorn who was now just a purple spec in the clear blue sky.


We got off the train within 10 minutes and were about to prepare for Tirek’s assault when we heard the distinct flapping of pegasus wings. We looked to the source of the flapping and our collective jaws dropped when we saw it.

Celestia, Luna, and Cadence all landed softly on the grass in front of us. They all looked sad and Celestia opened her mouth to speak, but the words died in her throat.

I looked at the three princesses, noticed their refusal to speak, especially Celestia’s, noticed the distinct lack of a purple bookworm, and came to one conclusion.

“Tirek got to Twilight, didn’t he?” I asked solemnly, already knowing the answer.

Celestia could only nod as a tear escaped her eye.

“I… I don’t know what to do now.” She finally said in a tone that betrayed thousands of years worth of sadness.

I sighed and lowered my head. “Me neither. I don’t know of any alicorns besides yourselves so I doubt you will have the power to defeat him. I-I’m at a loss of what to do. What can we do but sit and watch as Equestria burns?”

We all stood in a dark silence, nopony daring to speak.

Suddenly, Rainbow Dash perked up. “Wait, didn’t the doctor say you had magic levels to rival an alicorn’s?” She asked.

“Yes, but I don’t have a way to use it!” I responded.

“But what if a power boost allows you to use it? I mean, I heard that if a unicorn has more magic than they can hold, then they discharge it. Maybe it will help you find out where the magic will come from?” she suggested.

“Well,” I said. “It couldn’t hurt our chances. We’re already screwed.”

The three princesses seemed skeptical but slowly nodded in agreement. We all stood back from the trio as they changed position and ‘powered up’ their horns. Their magic burst forth, coalescing in a ball at least 6 feet in diameter.

It built up in intensity before the magic ball shot a beam right at my head. I raised my hands instinctively to protect my face, the force of the magic pushing harshly against me and tearing into my tuxedo. I closed my eyes as the intensity increased.

When the light disappeared, I slowly lowered my hands and opened my eyes. The three princesses lay exhausted on the ground. A tingling sensation formed in my hands. I raised them to eye level and inspected them, tensing and relaxing my fingers.

An idea, more like an instinct, formed in my mind and I pointed my hand forwards, extending a finger at an idle tree. I tensed the muscles in that finger and a beam of magic shot forth, splintering the tree.

“Woah.” Everypony said in awe.

[red]Woah.

Woah

A familiar stomping filled the air, resonating through the buildings, stopping the innocent ponies of ponyville on their daily routines. A shadow leered over us and suddenly everypony froze. Above us stood Tirek, only he was larger than he was at his full height in the show. This did not bode well.

“All of your magic are belong to me.” He stated with a grin.

“Ha! Good reference!” I commented.

He charged up his orangey-black magic between his horns, his grin stretching with each second.

“Any chance that you’ll surrender quietly?” I asked.

His grin turned darker and he laughed deeply beneath his breath.

"I'll take that as a no."