• Published 5th Jan 2015
  • 1,173 Views, 19 Comments

Living with ponies? Defeating villains? I could get used to this. - The Batmane of equestria



Equestria. A perfectly harmless haven for all that is good and right, right? Well, our hero, me, will have to find out the truth, and that truth is out to get me.

  • ...
13
 19
 1,173

Waking up

I woke up groggily, my vision blurry, my eyes struggling to adjust to the influx of light, a pounding headache, and a feeling of nausea. Basically a hangover. My right arm felt a bit weird around the inside of my elbow and my mind was constantly wracked with an incessant beeping.

As my vision started to clear, I heard a familiar voice say “Doctor! He’s waking up!” but I couldn’t quite place it. The beeping faded into the background and I could see a blur of moving rainbow colours.

My vision eventually cleared and those “rainbow blurs” turned out to be the Mane 6, minus Twilight who had gone off to get the doctor. I looked to my arm to see an IV line coming out of the top of my forearm, with the needle no doubt going further in. The beeping turned out to be a heart monitor.

“Pretty funny how your species is practically medieval compared to mine when it comes to technology, yet when it comes to healthcare, you rival even the science-fiction films.” I groaned.

"How are you, darling?" Rarity questioned.

“I feel like I just attacked one of the most powerful dark beings on the planet and barely won. So, all in all, pretty good.” I replied with a smirk, causing those present to roll their eyes.

It was at that moment that Twilight returned with the doctor in tow. And by the doctor, I mean The Doctor. Really.

“Ah, Mr. Meyler! You’re awake!” He exclaimed.

“Wow! Really!?” I responded with false enthusiasm.

“I know! Amazing!” He retorted in much the same way. I chortled at that.

Twilight decided to interrupt. “So, how is he? Will he be okay?”

The Doctor smiled reassuringly and said “He’ll be fine. I noted a small amount of damage on his trachea possibly from some point in the battle.” Sombra kicking me in the throat came to mind. “But that healed startlingly fast. He has a few scrapes but nothing severe, leading me to believe that the reason for his prolonged nap is just simply exhaustion or a prior lack of sleep. However, there is one thing that I would like to consult you on, Ms. Sparkle. Are you aware he has a level of magic within his body that would rival an alicorn?” If I recall correctly, everyone in the room’s eyes widened immensely.

“What?” Twilight muttered.

“Well, whilst I don’t believe he has the means to tap into this magic like unicorns, it is quite a humbling level of magic."

The room was deathly silent.

“Huh.” I stated. “Well that’s good to know.”

[red]That’s quite the revelation indeed.

Don’t even think of trying to steal it to create a new host body, random part of the guy who I just killed who is now stuck in my head.

We’ll see.


I found out that I had been unconscious for two days after the fight and hadn’t missed a lot. They discharged me from the hospital later that day and the mares, Spike, and I caught a train to ponyville, which would present the immediate problem of finding a place to stay.

“Seriously, dear, it’s no problem if you stay with me at all! I’ll be fine with it!” Rarity persisted.

“Rarity, you’ve already offered your services in making some clothes for me, which I will be paying for, by the way, and I just feel like this would be asking too much of you.” I retorted.

“Nonsense! Besides, you could hardly be any more hassle than Sweetie Belle is.”

“Rar-” A thundering explosion shook the train.

Everypony's head swiveled towards the explosion. Outside in the distance, a large red and black centaur stomped towards Canterlot Mountain.

“Oh.” I muttered. “Forgot about that.”

Author's Note:

Proof-read by Luna-tic

To those if you still following this story, sorry for my absence. I've been preoccupied with a ton of work, but I will start posting regularly. I will post both chapters 8 an 9 to get us back into the swing of things.

I am still in need of a second proof reader so pm me if you're interested

tBoE signing off for now