• Published 28th Dec 2014
  • 8,276 Views, 321 Comments

The Lost Siren - Dreagknight-LostWriter



After being abandoned by her sisters and both physically and emotionlly tormented by the students of CHS, Sonata has no place to go until someone was willing to help her out.

  • ...
34
 321
 8,276

First Impression

After forty minutes or so had passed, we left the house to go meet up with Rarity. Sonata had calmed down after she finished her tacos, declaring them "Awesome" and "the best food ever." Thoughts about what she was going to say were constantly on my mind, but I tried to clear it so I could be there to support Sonata.

There's nothing so bad that would make me kick her out. She didn't murder anyone, right?

We arrived at the Carousel Boutique a couple of minute ahead of time, so we decided to wait inside. Rarity didn't seem too busy when we came in. so we found a place to wait until she was done. We didn't stay sitting long, as Rarity was just finishing putting up the last of the clothes for the day. Once she was done and satisfied with everything, she led Sonata and I out the door and towards Sugarcube Corner.

"Oh, I almost forgot! I told Fluttershy we'd would meet her at the shelter!" Rarity exclaimed as she glanced down at her phone. "I hope that's not too much to ask?" I shook my head to show it was fine by me, although I never been to the shelter before. I didn't know how far it was.

"Is the shelter far from here?" I queried.

"No, it's fairly close by," Rarity responded as she locked the boutique door.

"Okay, then. Lead the way." I gave a small smile.

It was a quick walk from Carousel Boutique to the shelter, five minutes at most, I was sure. When we arrived at to the brick building, there were two girls sitting on the steps, chatting. One was Fluttershy. She wore nothing flashy, just a simple olive green skirt with three butterflies on it coupled a white tank top.

What did surprise me was the second girl. Sunset Shimmer was there, wearing her black biker jacket, a dark magenta shirt with a setting sun in the middle. Her skirt was orange with stripes of purple and mango coloring on the right side. Sunset, from what I remember, wasn't the nicest person at the school. Actually, she had been a bully to everyone at Canterlot High, but for reasons unknown to me she had a change of heart at the Fall Formal.

"Fluttershy! Sunset! Over here!" Rarity called out to the two as they were talking.

At this point, I felt Sonata behind me, trying her best not to be seen, yet she wasn't too close to be clingy.

"Sunset, darling, I didn't know you volunteered at the shelter with Fluttershy!" Rarity exclaimed after giving Sunset and Fluttershy hugs.

"Oh, I don't," Sunset responded. "I just came to give Fluttershy a hand with all the animals today. Partly so I'd be here when you met up with Fluttershy." Sunset turned, and suddenly she was staring directly at Sonata and me.

"Rarity, who's your friend over there?" Sunset asked, her eyes still on us.

When Fluttershy saw us, she passed me a small wave. I spoke to the timid girl once and awhile, usually during class, but we had no conversation more than small chat.

"Hello," I said to the three girls, giving them a two finger wave before Rarity had a chance to say anything. I won't lie, Sunset was still a little intimidating, even though she had stopped bullying other students.

"Oh yes, these two. They will be join us at Sugarcube," Rarity answered her friends.

"Really? Didn't you say you have something important you wanted to talk to us about?" Sunset questioned back.

"Yes I did, Sunset, and it involve these two, mainly her," Rarity said, placing a hand on Sonata's shoulder. My friend instinctively flinched from the touch.

"Her?" Sunset came closer to Sonata to get a better look at her. Sonata lowered her head even lower to avoid being looked at.

Before Sunset got any closer, I quickly gave a slice-throat motion with my hands, then signaled Sunset to follow me back over to where Fluttershy and Rarity were standing.

"What was that about?" Sunset questioned, once we was out of earshot of Sonata.

"Well the thing is, that girl over there. Her name's Sonata." I thumbed back at Sonata who was now twirling her hoodie string nervously.

"Sonata? I think I remember that name," Sunset commented, brow furrowing as she searched her mind.

"Darling, she was one of the Dazzlings," Rarity answered her.

"What!" Sunset's eyes widened in disbelief. "Did she do something?"

"Well, no, she didn't do anything but-"

"Can we talk about this back at Sugarcube?" I interrupted. "Sonata's my friend; I have a feeling she might try to run away before meeting the rest of you girls if we don't hurry up." I looked at Sonata.

"Why do you say that?" Sunset asked me.

"I'd rather not say," I responded, recalling how Sonata reacted after we left Rarity's boutique.

I received questioning look from all three of the girls, but thankfully they asked nothing more about the matter. With this understanding, I called Sonata over and we began to walk to Sugarcube.

All the while, I was aware of Fluttershy's nervous teal gaze following Sonata's movements. No, it wasn't nervousness. Her gaze was filled with terror. When Sonata lifted her head and made eye contact with the timid girl, Fluttershy must have seen the little cuts and bruises. Her terrified expression melted into one of concern.

***

After a good half hour silent walk, we finally made it to Sugarcube Corner. As we entered the café shop which, decorated with all type of sweets like cake, donuts, cupcake, and biscuits, I breathed in the aroma of candy and the confections.

"It smells nice in here," I remarked, trying to lighten the mood. Sonata nodded slightly, at least acknowledging my comment.

Rarity lead us toward a table where three other girls was chatting away. Well, the rainbow hair girl was chatting, at least. She was Rainbow Dash, the confident leader of almost every sports team at school. Consequently, she knew almost everyone at CHS.

"Hello, girls!" Rarity greeted her friends warmly as she came closer to the table.

"Howdy, Rar'," the blonde country girl responded casually. I knew her. Applejack.

I knew who these girls was, since they were the big news around school. Rarity, Sunset, and Fluttershy sat down. I felt a bit awkward and out of place as I looked at the table full of girls. I was about to find a table nearby until the puffy pink-haired girl, Pinkie Pie, noticed us. She was someone I knew all too well.

"Heeeeey, Blitz! What'cha you're doing here? Oooooh, who's she?" Pinkie pointed at Sonata.

"New friend? Cousin? Long lost sibling?!"

I looked to Rarity eye pleading her for help against the onslaught of questions. Before either of us can do anything, Pinkie was already out her seat and literally bouncing around Sonata. Sonata was already in a panic, tensing up with wide, uncertain eyes. I'm sure she thought she was about to be attacked by Pinkie.

"Pinkie-" I began.

Suddenly, Pinkie managed to get too close to Sonata. She pulled Sonata's hood down in quick movement. There was a collective gasp from the other girls as Rainbow Dash and Applejack shot up from their seat. All this happened under ten second flat.

"What is she doing here?" Rainbow Dash exclaimed, standing up in protest.

"Mind explain' why ya let her tag along, Rar'?" Applejack asked at the fashionista.

"Applejack, Rainbow Dash, please! If you calm down a little and let Sonata here sit down-"

"Sit down? With us? Why? I'm not sitting anywhere near her after what she and her sisters did! If she stays, then I'm leaving," Rainbow Dash cut in, hatred and anger laced in her tone.

"I'm with Dash here. I'm not staying if she stays," Applejack added.

"Hey, wait a minute girls," I tried to cut in, but my voice went unheard.

"Hey Blitz, be careful! She might try to control your mind." Pinkie added making her eyes swirl and a hypnotic fashion.

"Don't do that dance again," Fluttershy warned her softly.

"Control my mind? What do you mean?" I was at a complete loss now.

"I knew I shouldn't have come," Sonata blurted before spinning around and running straight out the door.

"Sonata!" But she was gone before I could stop her.

Both Applejack and Rainbow Dash went silent as they looked at Sonata. Sonata ran out the door in confusion, not giving a moment of hesitation.

"What the- why did she ran out like that?" Pinkie queried nervously. "Did I upset her?"

"Dammit! Rarity, can you explain things to them while I go get Sonata?" I asked hurriedly before I ran after Sonata.

"Applejack! Rainbow Dash! I cannot believe you two!," was the last thing I heard Rarity say before I was completely out of the building.

I looked around for the lost girl. Luckily, there weren't many pedestrians walking around, so it was easy for me to find her. I spotted Sonata sitting on the other side of the street.

"Sonata, are you okay?" I asked her when I came near.

"No." was all she said. Her voice was flat, except for an undertone of annoyance. Clearly, ‘I'm not alright, idiot’. I got the feeling that was the thought swimming through her head.

I was sure she wanted to cry. I could even see it on her face: her lip was trembling, her eyes were downcast and focused on a single spot on the ground. And yet she was holding back her emotions.

Why? I sat down beside her. When will Rarity calm the others down? How can I help Sonata? Stay here? Take her home?

"Sonata, let's just wait here 'till things calm down with Rainbow and AJ inside. Then we can go back in. If things won't change and they won't be nice to you, then we can go back home. Okay?" I gave her a reassuring smile.

"I don't think they will help me, but it would be nice to be forgiven," she said softly. She reached into her pocket and took out a gem pendent. It wasn't whole, however. Thin strands of glue lined the crimson fragments. She had put it back together after something had shattered it.

"What's that?" I queried.

"This is my gem. I used to ruin other's lives with it," she replied flatly. I stared at the gem.
How could she use this to ruin other people's lives? As I stared at it, however, I felt myself being drawn towards it; as if Sonata's broken pendant was the only thing I needed. As soon Sonata tucked her gem back into her pocket, I snapped back into reality, blinking my eyes a few times.

"Hey, are you ready to head back in?" I asked her, still a bit dazed. "I'm sure things have settled down."

"I think so," she answered hesitantly. I stood up and offered a helping hand to Sonata. She took hold and we went back to the café.

As soon as I opened the door I realized that Rarity had thankfully been able to fix the problem. As I made my way back to their table, I felt Sonata hug closer to my side as we drew near. Only then did I notice that Pinkie Pie wasn't there.

Author's Note:

*Chapter Re-edit*
So as some pony may or may not have notice, I've added the Adagio Dazzle and Aria Blaze tag in. I did not have the heart to keep them out and away from Sonata, but they won't have a full appearance just yet. Also I'm sorry for that late post, I'm working on a new story and writing the first chapter was harder than I thought, but I won't release that story just yet until A New Chance is done.