• Published 28th Dec 2014
  • 8,289 Views, 321 Comments

The Lost Siren - Dreagknight-LostWriter



After being abandoned by her sisters and both physically and emotionlly tormented by the students of CHS, Sonata has no place to go until someone was willing to help her out.

  • ...
34
 321
 8,289

After Talk

Leaving the cafe, my mind was on everything that was told to me. Walking slower than normal, I thought back to the two sirens, Adagio and Aria. I didn't know what to think of them, sure I don't trust them, but they didn't seem like too much trouble. Actually, the more I thought about it, the more I realized once Aria had came in, did the conversation went pleasant. Taking out my phone, I saw that Adagio had typed her name with two hearts on either side.

Of course she would do something like this. I rolled my eyes and chuckled to myself.

Looking up from my phone, I saw Sunset on a near by bench, she was sitting there like she was waiting for someone. She was on her phone, so I doubted she noticed me. That is, until she looked up and her gaze locked with mine.

“Hey Blitz, mind if I talk with you for a bit?” Sunset asked, getting up and walking towards me.

“Sure, but what are you doing here?” I asked, remembering that I last saw her with the other girls.

“Well, the girls and I were looking for you. We were kinda hoping to hang out with you and Sonata," Sunset said, looking behind me first then back to me. “Then we saw you left with someone.”

“Ah yes.” Chewing the inside of my cheeks, I becken Sunset to follow me as I started to walk back home. “But, why are you here?” I asked again.

Sunset was quiet as she looked away. “Well that, I was umm, mostly waiting for you. She went quiet for a split second before blurting out, “But the other girls were with me, then they had to leave, so I decided to just wait for you a bit longer.”

“Why did you wait for me?” I asked again.

She could have just texted me?

“I told you, I just wanted to see if you and Sonata wanted to hang out!” Sunset said, face redden with what I assume was irritation.

“Okay.” I said, quickly dropping this conversation.

“So, mind if I ask who that person was?” Sunset asked after a few minutes of silence.

Well, they didn't say I couldn’t tell the girls that I met up with them. Thinking of my next words carefully, I answered back.

“That was Adagio, Sonata’s sister. She wanted to talk to me," I responded slowly, making sure my words wouldn't cause any bad reaction from Sunset.

“Adagio?” Sunset said, looking at me wide eyes. "I haven't seen her since the Battle of the Bands."

“Yeah, not just her, but Aria as well.”

Sunset went quiet, staring down at the ground as we walk. Bringing her head back up, she looked at me for a few seconds.

“What did they talk to you about?” She asked.

Taking a deep breath, I retold to Sunset what we had talked about. I had to skip a few details like the appeal effect or the fact that I was under it. However once I mentioned that magic was somehow involved with the student's behavior, Sunset's expression changed to that of a mixture of amusement and concern. Sunset was quiet through the whole story. When I was finish, Sunset just stared forward in thought.

“What do you think?” I asked Sunset when she did not respond to anything from the story.

Sunset stayed quiet as we walk, her arm crossed and in thought. I doubt she even heard my question. That or either what I just told her was more serious then I assume.

“Sunset?”

"Yes?" she responded, to my amazement.

“How long can magic last on a person once the spell is broken?”

“Should have been an instance, once the spell is broken, so is the magical hold.”

“Oh, so this is a problem then.”

Sunset only sighed and mutter about getting some extra help by someone name Twilight if this problem become more of a nuisance.

“So, are you going to tell Sonata about any of this, even though Adagio asked you not too? Something like this shouldn't be hidden from her.” Sunset asked with worried.

I scratched my head as I gave that question some serious thought.

“No.” I answered. Looking at Sunset, I see she expected me to explain myself. “See, I would tell Sonata, but I don’t even know enough about their family affairs to make a judgement call on this.”

“And if she finds out later from a different source that you had met them and didn't tell her.”

“I'm just a lonely bystander in this problem, an ‘X’ factor. I'm sure Adagio and Aria had their reasons, and if Sonata finds out I’ll just tell her the truth. Even if she believes me or not.”

Sunset just looked at me. “You know she trust you, right?” Sunset asked before shaking her head and sighing. “I think you're right on this one though, this problem should just be left to them.”

I just simply nodded my head as we came into view of my apartment.

“So, is there a way to remove magic from those who are still exposed to it?” I asked hopefully.

“I think so, it would require an artifact of some kind, depending on what type of magic it is.” Sunset answered as she trail back into thought.

Unlocking the door to my apartment, I stepped inside and hold the door open for Sunset to come in. Closing the door behind us, I turn around to find Sonata sleeping on the couch. Sunset went and sat down on another couch, taking a book out of her bag and began to write in it. I went over and kneel down by Sonata sleeping body. Sonata had her hands sandwich between her legs and her hair splayed over her face. She was still wearing her pajamas, which was magenta with musical notes all over it.

Wow, I didn't know how cute she was while sleeping. I shook my head and erase that thought.

Placing a hand gently on Sonatas shoulder, I shook her slightly till she woke up.

“Good morning”, I said to her as she sat up and rubbed her eyes.

“Morning." Sonata answer with a small yawn while looking around. “Morning Sunset." Sonata said stretching, then froze.

Sonata only stared at Sunset, who had looked up from her book, quickly, Sonata jumped and moved away from the couch. Catching her by her waist as she tried to moved away, I stood up and place a hand on her shoulder.

“Woah, Sonata calm down, it’s just Sunset.” I said softly to her.

Sonata was a bit shaken and breathing heavily. Putting her hand on her chest, she tried to calm herself down.

Wow, didn’t expected that. Was it a nightmare she had involving the girls or was she still wary of Sunset and the others. I guess a little time out with the girls can help that, I hope.

“I'm sorry.” Sonata apologize to Sunset after she had calmed down and taken a seat back on the couch.

“Its okay.” Sunset answers sadly, but with understanding.

Going over to my bag, I took out Sonata’s black phone case. Looking over my shoulder at Sonata, I had to think of some excuse for why I had her phone if she ask, and most likely will. Sunset watched me as I went over and sat down next to Sonata, the phone case openly shown in my hand.

This could go really bad, really fast if I slipped up on my words.

“Hey Sonata, I, umm… founds something that I think belongs to you. I said, presenting her with her phone.”

Sonata took the black case from my hand and open it up. Pulling her phone out, Sonata hold it gingerly in her hands as her mouth try to form words.

“This, this is my phone. How did you get it?” Sonata ask, small tears in her eyes.

Sunset and Sonata both looked at me, awaiting my reply.

“I was umm….” I needed an excuse that wouldn’t, hopefully, bring up more questions. “I was looking for your old place to see if I can get any of your old stuff back. The only thing I found was your phone thrown out and nobody home.”

Sonata didn't even looked at me when I said that, her face was downcast with a shadow. I knew this was a sensitive subject for her and I'm a terrible person for using that against her, but this was truly the best answer I could give without causing trouble. Sonata clutched at her phone for a bit before trying to turn it on. The screen glowed black before illuminating with colors, she gave a sad smile as she started to search through her photos.

I looked to Sunset who only gave me a worried look. “So Sonata, me and Pinkie was able to find a few girls who are willing to give you a chance.” I said, hoping to brighten her mood.

“You did?” She asked, turning her phone off.

“Yeah, I trust that this would be a good start to helping you. These girls from what I know seems trustworthy enough, we could go out today and meet them.”

Sonata face went stone as her head lowered, her hair causing a literal shadow over her face.

“Sonata?”

“…”

“Sonata, are you okay?” Sunset ask, closing her book and coming over to her.

“…”

Did I say something wrong?

Not lifting her head, Sonata finally answered. “I rather wait before I meet them.” Something in her voice implied that that wasn't the case, but I didn't inquired more to it.

“Hey Sonata, me in the other girls are heading to the park today. We all was kinda hoping you and Blitz would join us.” Sunset said.

“That sounds like a good idea. What do you say Sonata, feel like getting out the house for a bit and hang with the other girls.” I asked.

Sonata finally lifted her head. “Sure.” She answered, no happiness in her voice what so ever.

“Try to cheer up and enjoy yourself, okay.” I said with no real meaning to it, just for support wise.

Sonata gave a weak smile that seems genuine enough. Getting up, Sonata went to my or our room to change clothes.

Our. That send a strange feeling through me and I made it my goal to avoid that word as possible when referring to the bedroom.

“Hey Blitz, I was talking to Principal Celestia about having Sonata come back to school. She said Sonata can come back, if she willing to doing some after school work to compensate the chaos she and her sister had caused.”

“That would be nice if she could go back, but you know that can't happen, not now at least. It would have been a option, but now that would be a definite no.”

“Yeah, I know that now, but that could be a problem. Well its not a complete problem, Sonata could always have a second option, but if she wants to stay here, she will have to go to school.”

“I know that, plus I doubt she like staying here by herself.” I said, then paused. What do you mean she have a second option?”

“She could leave.” Sunset said, crossing her arms and looking out the window.

I looked at Sunset as the light radiated off her face. Even though she was looking up and out the window, she seems to have a distant feeling. Sunset glanced at me as I realized I was staring.

With a small cough I ran my hand through my hair. So she could leave, huh? I mutter to myself so Sunset couldn't hear me.

I found myself asking myself a question, Did I want Sonata to leave?

Sonata came out of the room, zipping up her hoodie. This time Sonata was wearing light blue jean pants, pink tennis shoes and a blue undershirt. She still had her hair down, but I saw her scrunchy on her wrist.

“Ready?” I asked to both Sunset and Sonata.

Sonata nodded, putting her hood on. Sunset nodded too as she finish writing something in her book. As Sunset closed her book, I saw it glowed and hummed softly as she place it in her bag. I stared at it before dismissing it as ‘more complicated magic stuff’.

“I'm going text the girls to meet us at the park.” Sunset said, taking out her phone.

“Alright.” I answered, locking the door behind us. “Lets go.”

Author's Note:

Well, this is the end of the first arch. I don't have any further action for them till a week later, both in story and IRL. That said you could expect to see a new chapter one week from now, hopefully if I'm not distracted. This chapter have a few hints for what to come, can you ponies figure it out, have fun.

Leave a comment down below, I really do enjoy reading them.:twilightsmile: