• Published 28th Dec 2014
  • 8,247 Views, 321 Comments

The Lost Siren - Dreagknight-LostWriter



After being abandoned by her sisters and both physically and emotionlly tormented by the students of CHS, Sonata has no place to go until someone was willing to help her out.

  • ...
34
 321
 8,247

Picnic Fun (part 1)

A few days had passed since Sonata came back to school. During the couple of days she's been here, nothing had changed from the usual glares and hatred. Though she had manage to ignored most of them, I can see it was taking a toll on her as it digged further into her mind. I did my best to help where I could, but my effort was fruitless as I was unable to do anything to change the mood of the entire school.

As the days went on, Pinkie told us when and where she was holding the party for Sonata. At that same moment, my sister also announced that she would be leaving after Sonata’s party as she wanted to be apart of it before she go. Even hearing this news, this party didn't seem to cheer Sonata up as she just kept to herself. Twilight tried her best to get Sonata to open up more and cheer her up, and she done a good job admittedly, but she could only say so much to counter Sonata’s words.

As we left out of school on Friday to enjoy our weekend, we all headed down towards a nearby park where Fluttershy and the girls could bring out their animals to play. The park was also a safe place for Pinkie to throw the party for Sonata and hopefully, allow her to make some new friends outside our little group. Apple Jack had her brother stop by the park on his way home to drop off the party supplies.

“So Pinkie, what type of party will this be? I mean, there won't be much more than a handful of people.” I asked, counting the amount on my fingers.

“Let see…” Pinkies started, pulling out a notepad from her pocket. “Well, there’s all of us, then there’s Mirage and Twilight, that’s already nine, not counting Sonata since it is her party silly. Then we add in, Octavia, Ditzy, Vinyl, and Lyra and it’s a full dozen.” She giggled, putting the pad away. “So I decided we can have a small picnic party with everyone at the park.”

“Lyra, Ditzy, Pinkie and I will be bringing the food, so ya know it's going to be delicious.” Applejack stated a little smugly, tipping her hat up.

“Really? Alright then!” Rainbow cheered, rubbing her hands together. “This is going to be awesome. I can't wait!” She exclaimed, pumping her fist in the air.

“Rainbow, calm down. We still have until later today before the party even starts.” Sunset said, chuckling at her friend eagerness.

Looking between all the girls, only Sonata stood away from them. Though she wasn't at a far distance to where things seem off, she has been mostly silent every since she started school again. Twilight and Mirage was having an odd conversation about science and magic, so they didn't notice the off-putting mood Sonata was in. Rarity however caught on, but didn't say anything. I didn't know what to say, so all I did was moved over to her side as we made our way towards the park.

Getting near the park, I found it oddly empty for a party. I looked around, trying to see if the others was around, hanging out by themselve. However, no matter where I looked, I just couldn't find them. I looked to Sonata, seeing if she had noticed as well. Her eyes on the other hand was focus towards the sky and clouds. Her mouth open and close, and few words slipped out, but nothing I could make out.

“So, are we the only ones who will be here before the party can starts?” I asked, looking towards Pinkie.

AJ piped up first, beating Pinkie to the punch. “Not exactly. Ah think Ditzy planned to be here as well. Keep an eye out for er, not sure when or how long she’ll be.”

“In the meantime, can you help me and Rarity set things up?” Twilight interjected, holding a large quilted blanket. I nodded my head, leaving Sonata side as I grabbed two of the blankets. “I was thinking of setting the blankets up near the trees, that way we can keep to the shades. The food will be on the table to keep it away from the bugs, so let keep the blankets nearby as well.”

“Sonata, can you-” I started but stop. Sonata had already aimlessly walked off, sitting at the table and pulled her backpack off.

Rarity came up behind me, patting my shoulder. “Don’t worry about her right now. She is probably just trying to calm herself or need a moment to clear her mind. It’s quite a shame though isn’t it? Gathers like these are suppose to be fun and cheerful, yet…” Rarity didn't need to finish her words, I already knew what she meant.

Leaving Sonata to her own thoughts, I continue to help the girls set up. It wasn't long before Ditzy arrive on a scooter, several trays tied down to the back of it. I went over to where she was, taking the trays off the back. Ditzy, like Pinkie, was all type of cheerful, waving and smiling as she walked up to each of the girls. She then stop near Sonata and stared at her. For Sonata credit, she didn't jumped away, she just stared back, anxious. With a nervous wave from Ditzy, she turn around and went over towards Pinkie.

“I guess that could have gone worse…” I mumbled, watching the whole thing take place.

“Certainly it could have gone better. Still, I see no need to rush things, she didn't seem angry so that is a good sign.” Rarity chipped in, giving a sympathetic smile.

Twilight didn't looked away, her eyes tracking Ditzy as she moved, as if waiting to see if Ditzy would do something. When it became apparent that she wasn't going to harm anyone or do anything out the ordinary, Twilight sighed with relief. “It would be nice if everything goes this smoothly.”

Shaking my head, I just walked back to the table to set the trays down. “If only… But it won't. It’s probably going to get worse from here.” I whisper to myself, putting the tray down and stretching.

Mirage and Sunset, the unlikely duo were the ones who brought Ditzy back over to Sonata and got her to stay and talk. I kept my distance, trying not to be overly clingy, trying to break my own hex. The actual action of staying away was surprisingly harder than I expected. Several times did I caught myself drifting over to her before my mind came to sense. I suspected it was Sonata being nerves and wanted an extra comfort near her. Whatever the case was, I manage to hold myself back, somehow. Luckily, any tense atmosphere that should have been over us was dissipated by Pinkie, Rarity and Fluttershy. Applejack and Rainbow ended up having a game of kickball, being respective to keep the ball away from the main area. All that was left was me and Twilight, and the latter had her attention focus on the rocks in a little bag.

“Something wrong Twilight?” I asked, moving closer to her to see if I can spot anything with her magical stones.

“I’m not sure.” She said puzzled, looking at the bag as she moved it in my direction. “The stones, they sense a bit of magic, very weak. I thought it was from Ditzy but she has no magical residue on her. The girls has high concentration of magic, including myself. That just leaves you, Mirage and Sonata. The stones glow is showing faint magic from you three, nothing bad, but I can't tell why. I can understand Sonata given what she is, but you and Mirage?” She went quiet, her face twisting in a cute manner as she look on in thought.

I lean in closer, seeing the faint glow of the stone itself. “Me and Mirage?” I question. I knew why Sonata, that was a no brainer, and I guess I could understand why myself, but my sister? “Are you sure that is correct? I mean, I dont feel different, and Mirage hasn't said anything different.”

“Yes, I'm sure. It is different somehow, I'm not sure why. Whatever the case may be, it doesn't seem to be effecting anyone, so I didn't bring it up to the girls.” She sighed, putting the rocks away.

“You didn't bring what up?” Sunset asked, stepping up from behind us, catching us off guard.

“Sunset?” I yelp back, placing a hand over my chest, trying to calm my heart along with Twilight’s.

“Sorry guys, didn't mean to scare you.” She chuckled, moving closer. “You two were off on your own, talking.” She added, looking questionably at us, between us both. “I came over to see what was going on but then I overheard you mention something about not telling us?” She stated worriedly, putting her hands behind her back. “Is something going on?”

“Oh, no no no.” I reflectively shot back, not sure how much Twilight didn't want me to say. “I was asking Twilight about those magic stones and if I could have one. You know, for umm, seeing if anyone we cross has magic residue.” I lied. I took the moment to think on my lie, seeing it as not a bad idea and probably very helpful.

“You was?” Twilight asked, taking a moment to process what I said. “Oh, yes, you was.” She chuckled nervously, reaching into her bag to pull out a stone. “Go ahead, they aren't special and fairly cheap to get.”

“Oh, that was it.” Sunset chuckled nervously as well. “I’m not sure why that need to be a secret but okay…” She whispered, looking back to the other girls. “Come on, Octavia and Lyra should be here shortly.” She turn back to us, smiling.

Twilight nodded her head, putting the bag away as she headed over towards the table. I looked at the table, seeing Sonata talking a bit more now. It seem that one way or another, Pinkie got her talking. I stood there, smiling before Sunset elbow my side.

“No point and standing to admire.” She half heartedly joke. “Let's go, Sonata has been asking about you.” She added, walking off towards the group.

Lightly scratching at my head, I looked at Sonata and stared at her. I watch her for a moment, not seeing a smile on her face. Is she just entertaining the idea? I asked myself. “Sunset wait, can I talked to you for a second? Just a, quick second?” I asked, moving to catch up with her.

She slowed down her pace, looking at me curious now. “Sure, what is it?”

I didn't know how to forge my question, it was hard to put into actual words, so I just said the best thing I could think of. “Do you think by doing this, we are putting Sonata, no, the rest of us in life or death danger?”

Author's Note:

Alright all you ponies, let see how long I can keep a chain of update following before I KO with writer blocks again. All joking matters aside, I refuse to let any of my story die, at least, die without a reason.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the chapter, leave a comment down below as I do enjoy reading them. :twilightsmile:

Comments ( 8 )

Nice to see this is still being pecked away at.

9063022
very much so, and if you like any of my other work I will be having a new chapter for one of my other story out tomorrow, my goal is to get all of my stories updated before the week over :rainbowlaugh: then focus back on this

9063439
Sounds like a plan to me.

Well well well somepony seems to still be alive.

I know this was a long time ago, but I just wanted to say this is an amazing story, and I really enjoy it. I was wondering, however, if you’re going to finish it. If you are, take your time!

Damn the worst thing you could possibly see on a older story the big old fat red incomplete sign nope nope nope I won't hurt myself again

Login or register to comment