• Published 22nd Dec 2014
  • 1,318 Views, 18 Comments

To Get a Christmas Tree - Michael Hudson



Discord goes to get a tree.

  • ...
9
 18
 1,318

Inner Strength

Discord huffed, he puffed, he even went so far as to personally try to pull the tree out himself. However, as evening came to Hearthswarming Eve, the tree stood tall. He looked up the trunk at the high branches that were would stay there. He wasn’t used to not having magic and yet his stubborn self would not simply give up on the challenge and cheat. “It wouldn’t matter then.”

It won’t matter if you fail Fluttershy anyways.

He closed his paw and scowled. “One more time.” He firmly bear hugged the tree and pulled. His arms burned from hours of this rough treatment. A hopeful attempt to be a super pony had his legs wanting to buckle from beneath him. The figure still stood though as the rest of him protested, his will undying. Only upon the sound of something popping did he leave the tree and crash to the ground.

However, the tree still stood. It had not mattered how hard he pulled, the tree was simply too big. Discord tried to lift his lion’s paw and immediately winced in pain. “Well at least something came out of its place.” He tried to chuckle against the cold and snow, but the pain stopped him. The lone figure slipped his tail around himself so as to try to keep warm as his act of staying up for four days finally seemed to catch up. Just some rest. That is all I need. Then I’ll get it out.

The spirit’s eyes closed as the sun fell and the snow covered his small form.

Author's Note:

a