• Published 22nd Dec 2014
  • 1,318 Views, 18 Comments

To Get a Christmas Tree - Michael Hudson



Discord goes to get a tree.

  • ...
9
 18
 1,318

Balloons

Pishhht

Pinkie quickly freed the balloon from its nozzle and twisted it off. How? Discord still didn’t know but at this point knew not to question something that possibly had as much power as himself. Instead he simply strapped the next balloon on and continued the process. A small glance up made him smile as the sun was turned orange. “Do you think we’re almost done?”

“I would guess another ten minutes and we’ll be just about ready.”

“Good.” Discord popped off the next balloon and handed it to Pinkie. “And when people ask about this?”

“I say you forced me to do this or else you were going to eat all the frosting.”

“Very good.” He smiled to himself as he knew that he still planned to eat that frosting. It simply sounded too good.

Snap.

Pishhht.

Discord and Pinkie fell into the simple rhythm that they had been going at for almost an hour now. With each balloon the cloud above them continued to grow further and further. They’d have been stopped long ago if not for Pinkie’s quick thinking. Discord of course loathed the pony for it as he had to admit something as shameful as doing a silly task for Celestia. Even if I listened to her again after all of her previous grand mistakes of plans, I would never do something this silly for another person. A pegasus crashing into a tree due to being blinded though caused him to reconsider how silly the balloons were.

“Sooo, about Fluttershy…”

“You don’t want to lose your mouth after this, do you?”

Pinkie scrunched her face up as she took the next balloon. “I’m serious. You act different around her. Usually for the worse, but you always listen to her in the end. Why?”

Discord stopped for a moment as he took off the next balloon. He opened his mouth for a moment before promptly slamming it shut and bending low. A small flame erupted out of the sides of his mouth as he growled at Pinkie. She responded by widening her eyes, taking a step back to steady herself, and booped him on the shnoz. “Alright, I can leave it be. Besides, we’re ready for lift off!”

He shut his eyes and pinched between his eyes while silently muttering, “Finally.” However, he then found twine being wrapped around his torso. “Pink–”

“Fire!”

Pinkie bucked the air canister to cause it to explode in a mighty white cloud of snow and helium. The two of them were sent flying as momentarily the balloons had seemingly no weight grounding them. Once gravity took back over the two started to drift back down over Ponyville. Discord turned back to his now annoying companion and hissed, “The tree was supposed to fly, not us.”

Pinkie rolled her eyes before offhandedly stating, “You know as well as anypony that it would take way too many balloons to do that.” She glanced back over to him and stuck her tongue out. “Silly.”

“I loathe you.”

She reached into her messy hair as she simply said, “No you don’t.” From the poofy disaster came a blue megaphone that she promptly shouted into. “Discord asked me to help to make a tree fly.” She turned off the megaphone and smiled wide. “Now you do.”

He huffed and decided to let the pony have her fun. It isn’t like the sight from here isn’t beautiful. Besides… He extended one claw and enlarged it since they weren’t in the forest anymore.

Pop.

Pinkie glanced up and paled as she saw the balloon fall. “Now Mr. Meanypants, you wouldn’t do something like–”

Pow!

Discord smiled smugly while the screaming pony fell towards a rather large pillow on the ground. “Now, back to the drawing board.”

Author's Note:

mean to