• Published 22nd Dec 2014
  • 1,317 Views, 18 Comments

To Get a Christmas Tree - Michael Hudson



Discord goes to get a tree.

  • ...
9
 18
 1,317

Teamwork

“One two three, pull! One two three, pull!”

The stallions grunted as the strain on their backs grew with each effort. The tree still refused to budge, though most simply thought a smaller tree would fix that problem. Discord of course had his heart set on this one, and none other would do. However, he was currently scratching his chin as he continued to call cadence.

This simply won’t do, will it? He had already thought this several times throughout the day. First he had started with the nearest stallions. Then he of course grabbed Big Mac as one would have to be an idiot not to call him, even if he had scowled at the offer. Discord was thankful that he hadn’t had to explain himself by using the excuse of Hearthswarming spirit. I only have two days left though and spirit isn’t going to cut it.

A quick glance over to the workers and he scowled further. His search had evolved from Ponyville about fifteen minutes ago and he had already exhausted the Wonderbolts and some swamp town a few hours away. The pies were good though.

He sighed as he accepted the inevitable and started walking back towards the edge of the forest. Thunder Lane’s voice broke out though in descent of the action. “Where are you going oh mighty lord of chaos?”

Discord glared back. “I’m going to get more help because all of you can’t seem to be able to cut it.”

“Oh yeah?”

“Fuck off!”

“How about I shove my hoof right up your–”

“Shh.” The stallions stopped yelling when Discord had moved at top speeds to cover the stallion’s mouth and now held him in the air. All eyes were on him and for a brief moment he considered doing something really nasty to cause them to panic and keep quiet. However, the image of Fluttershy caused him to grit his teeth as his mind turned away from more chaotic actions. He let go of the stallion and floated back. “Nah. Not worth harming some useless stallion who got so easily roped into such a stupid task.”

All of the stallions fumed as Discord had planned and a small voice chimed in his head, One two three, pull. Right on cue the stallions surged forward. There was a definite cracking as they strained against their harnesses. He took a step back as the tree started to tip further and further until it finally broke free of its dirt prison.

First the stallions hit him. That hurt.

Then the tree fell on all of them. That definitely hurt.

As the debris cleared he heard the various ponies calling to each other for help and breathed a sigh of relief as he saw two things. The first was that all of the stallions were still alive so no necromancy would be needed that day, and two was that the dirt had come up with the tree which meant it might be alive still. A good day in my opinion. He turned around and almost cried.

Just behind him, barely in the tree’s way, was a crushed sapling that had broken midway. A snap of his fingers sent the stallions home and fixed the clearing as he simply started hitting his head against a tree.

Author's Note:

write