• Published 17th May 2012
  • 2,215 Views, 92 Comments

Nothing Probably Goes on Forever Too - TundraStanza



One pony alone is not enough to face David's forces and defeat them, not even a pony with two minds. True strength lies in the spirits of her friendships and their new blades. Sode no Shirayuki dances once more.

  • ...
20
 92
 2,215

Ch. 27: Additional Releases

Know ya'll been patiently waiting. I know you need me. I can feel it.
I'm a beast. I'm an animal. I'm that monster in the mirror.
The headliner, finisher, I'm the closer, winner
Best when under pressure with seconds left I show up

Chapter 27: Additional Releases
---

"Could you run that by me again?" I asked with my left eyebrow raised. I couldn't have heard that right. There was no way she could possibly say something like that. But my ears rarely lied.

"We're going to ally ourselves with David against another threat," reiterated Celestia.

That still doesn't sound right, I thought to myself.

"What could possibly be more threatening than a guy that can practically override reality as we know it?" I inquired.

"The Arrancar," answered Luna with utmost seriousness.

"Gesundheit," blessed Rainbow Dash.

"The Arrancar?" I sputtered, "Hollows that removed their masks and gained Soul Reaper powers? Those Arrancar?"

"Yes," Luna answered with a solemn expression.

"Wait a minute," I muttered. I recalled seeing that one particular Arrancar back in my old realm. Had they really disregarded reality's fabric that much?

"Well, they sound like they're pretty much the same as the oversized critters we've been dealing with before," commented Applejack, "What's a little extra sword power to prevent us from taking 'em down?"

"You have no idea," I stated coldly, "These aren't just beasts that can swing swords back and forth. They have power that some megalomaniacs can only dream of. The average pony soul would be crushed simply by being in the same vicinity as them."

To this, Fluttershy responded by squealing and then hiding behind her other friends.

"What about us?" asked Twilight worriedly.

"We'll most likely be able to hold our ground," I replied, "but it's not our group that I'm worried about."

Rarity gasped, "Every pony else in all of Equestria is in danger!"

"Precisely," affirmed Luna.

"That's why we need all the help we can get," added Celestia, "For now, we'll stand by David's side against the incoming foe."

"Urgh," I grumbled, "I hate it when you're right."

"Them's fighting words!" warned Rainbow Dash.

I sighed, "I meant that one phrase, not all the time, Dash."

Celestia wisely sidestepped the little spar and addressed the whole group of ten ponies, "Head back home and rest, my little ponies. You will need it against the enemy that's yet to come."

"Yes, Princess," affirmed Twilight with a bow (the motion, not the weapon).

Luckily for us, the train ride back to Ponyville was free since it was a royal business trip.

---
Two days later...

Miss Cheerilee was doing what she normally did on a weekday. Every day was a teaching opportunity. It was how she ensured that one day her students would "bloom". In the midst of her automatic routine of speaking about the topic with passion, she almost didn't notice the small paper airplane that conveniently floated from Diamond Tiara to the desk of Silver Spoon. The teacher was running out of time for the school day, so she decided to put off calling out their disruptive behavior for another time.

Still, that wasn't the only thing that was bothering her. A nagging feeling kept tapping on her mental shoulder insisting that something wasn't quite right. She tried to shrug off the feeling by telling herself that tiny voice was being silly.

What could possibly go wrong today? she thought with a smile.

The answer came in the form of a force that shook the whole classroom and every pony inside. Surprised, Cheerilee took a brief glance out the window. What should have been blue sky was instead being blocked by greenish beams of light and similarly colored smoke. She had no idea what those signs could mean.

Meanwhile, her students weren't feeling much better about the situation than she was. Several of the fillies looked as though their very bodies were pressed against their desks or the floor. It was like gravity had become the new superglue or something. But three fillies in particular weren't quite as pinned down. They were struggling against some force, but at least they were able to stand. Cheerilee recognized Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle as they ran out the door.

"Girls! Wait!" she yelled as she power trotted after them.

She had not anticipated what was waiting outside. The two figures that the fillies were staring at were mostly white in appearance. Only their faces showed any indication that they weren't a couple of skeletons. One of them looked like what Cheerilee had seen of David. Except this man was much older in appearance and he seemed to be wearing a necklace made of fangs. The other looked like a younger biped with a white viking's helmet and an empty eye patch with a shooting flame pattern above it.

What in Equestria...? thought Cheerilee.

"Hey, what do you know?" chuckled the smaller biped, "I got them to come out in the open!"

"Good for you," commented the man nonchalantly. He didn't seem remotely interested in the situation as he took a sitting position in the patch of air that he was floating. The little one clenched her teeth as if annoyed.

"Starkk!" she grumbled, "Why can't you take this more seriously? It's because of your laziness that you fell behind Baraggan's advance!"

She continued to ramble on about various topics that irritated her. The four ponies that watched her complain felt awkward. One could even argue that they had sweat drops to emphasize the awkwardness of the situation that they were in.

"Just do what you want, Lilynette," shrugged the one called Starkk, "They don't really look like they're worth the effort."

"Fine! I will!" spat the one called Lilynette. She then returned her attention to her initial prize: the entities in this world that held the power of Soul Reapers. A green light started to form a sphere in front of her eyes.

"So long, chumps!" she yelled as the sphere started to lengthen into a beam shooting forward.

"Get behind me!" shouted Sweetie Belle to her fellow crusaders, "Bakudo 81: Danku!"

A tall, rectangular, and clear wall materialized in front of her as the other two fillies stood behind her. The light beam collided with the newly formed wall and was blocked. The dispersing energy, however, did singe some of the grass on either side of the 'split void'. As the transparent wall vanished, three swords appeared in possession of the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

"Now it's our turn!" declared Apple Bloom taking a leap toward the enemy, "Bloom, Fuji Kujaku!"

Despite her Zanpaktou's hatred toward the name 'Fuji', it still released some of its power in the form of four hook-shaped blades attached by the hilt. All four of said blades were on course with Lilynette. But as with most warriors, she wasn't going to fall from getting hit by one attack. Her leg swung around the filly's Zanpaktou and connected with the pony's head. In a burst of sound, the bipedal girl had disappeared and reappeared behind Apple Bloom. Lilynette delivered another kick to the filly's back. Apple Bloom yelped from the impact and tried swinging Fuji Kujaku around at her opponent.

The weapon missed its target as Lilynette had once again vanished out of the way. A kick from above sent the filly spinning. Apple Bloom bounced off the ground a couple times before scraping along a couple yards. Her friends and teacher looked at her in shock. A certain Pegasus was the first to recover.

"Oh, you messed with the wrong filly, pal!" growled Scootaloo, "Shroud the world in darkness, Kagehime!" Her Zanpaktou responded by covering itself in a dark aura. A second katana grew from the other side of the handle as the aura eventually subsided. The Pegasus filly flash stepped and reappeared practically on top of the enemy. Anger prevented her attack from being stealthy and allowed Lilynette enough time to reach up to her broken horn and pull out a long, curved sword of her own.

The sudden appearance of the enemy's blade surprised Scootaloo, but she didn't waver in her downward swing. The sound of metal clashing with metal echoed through the sky. The warriors pulled their respective weapons back for a few more rounds of swinging them at each other. The swords collided again and again. Both wielders attempted their own rendition of flash step in order to one-up. But their respective speeds were too similar to fully gain an advantage either way.

Back on the ground, Sweetie Belle had taken the liberty of moving a bruised Apple Bloom out of harm's way to one side of the school building. She quickly galloped back to resume analyzing the fight at hoof. Currently, the smaller of the two enemies was doing most of the fighting. In contrast, the white robed man was just sitting there without a care in the world. As tempting as a free shot would have been, Sweetie Belle really didn't see a good reason to fight any pony that didn't initially attack her or her friends first. So, she returned her attention to the other Arrancar.

Scootaloo's got that girl's attention right now, she thought, So maybe...

She held up her free hoof while remembering the extra knowledge that Haineko had granted her.

"The one who reigns, mask of flesh," she chanted, "The one who crowns us with a name."

The clash of blurs and blades continued within her sight.

"Gathering of heat and war beyond the seas and rivers take steps to the south."

"Shadow Blade!" shouted Scootaloo. The light-speed blades of darkness overcame the sound-speed of the Arrancar's Sonido. Lilynette was stunned for a moment. That was all the time a certain unicorn filly needed.

Sweetie Belle finished her incantation, "Hado 31: Shakkahou!" The 'red flame cannon' orb flew toward the stunned Arrancar. It collided with a fairly large explosion. Scootaloo reappeared on the ground next to Sweetie Belle and breathed heavily.

"Did we... win?" asked Scootaloo between breaths. The smoke cleared to reveal a very much alive Lilynette. She was covered in bruises and had a burn stain. However, she was more pissed off than dead. Scootaloo lowered her head wearily as she held her double-katana behind herself.

"Looks like we'll need just a little more," she sighed while letting her Zanpaktou fall into her shadow, "Bankai." Her shadow literally wrapped itself around her and formed a suit of chain mail armor. While she didn't feel any less tired, there was significantly more spiritual power present.

"Tsukikura Kagehime," Scootaloo whispered.

I've got to be careful, she thought, It's daytime right now, so my reach with the shadows is a bit limited.

Both fillies took a defensive stance daring the opponent to make the first move.

"A Bankai," said a voice that had been quiet for a while. The other three fighters looked at the sitting man that was no longer sitting. Lilynette let out some spit in disbelief before swiftly moving over to his side.

"Well then, it would be rude if I held back," continued Starkk, "Allow me to properly introduce myself. Espada Number 1: Coyote Starkk." He placed one hand on Lilynette's head.

"And this is Lilynette Gingerbuck. When we become one, our power is released," he explained before calling, "Kick about, Los Lobos!"

Spiritual energy made visibility of the enemy impossible. Sweetie Belle found herself having as much trouble breathing as Scootaloo from the sheer pressure that Starkk was exerting. Cheerilee continued to observe the whole thing in utter horror. When the aura cleared, Lilynette was gone. Additionally, Coyote Starkk's appearance had changed greatly. Gray wolf pelts covered his lower legs, arms, and collar area. The eye mask that was Lilynette's now covered Starkk's eye. In each hand, he held two bent metal objects. Enough exposure to human culture in the past enabled at least three ponies to identify a gun when they saw one.

"What the hay?" breathed Scootaloo.

Starkk raised the two objects in his hands and pointed the open ends at both of his current adversaries.

"I really don't want to do this," he said sincerely.

"Stop stalling and shoot already!" shouted a muffled voice that sounded like Lilynette. Starkk let out a sigh before pulling the trigger on both of his weapons. Two large beams of blue energy were launched from the guns. They were moving way too quickly to dodge or retaliate. In response, Scootaloo literally sank into her own shadow.

"Growl, Haineko!" cried Sweetie Belle hastily. She willed her blade of ashes into a protective dome around her. Giant explosions resulted from the blue Ceros.

---

She looked on. Was it fear that kept her eyes open? No, fear would have driven her to run around in panic like any other citizen of Ponyville. Was it enjoyment? Certainly not. What pleasure was there to gain from watching so much pain and destruction? There was none. So why did she just stand there and stare?

Cheerilee didn't have a clear mind to form that answer. She watched three of her little ponies fight against an unknown threat. She gazed on as each of them fell to one of the dangers that threat imposed. Apple Bloom was unconscious. Sweetie Belle soon followed her example. Scootaloo was still awake, but now she was barely able to stay standing with one hoof on a sword that was driven into the ground. That strange armor she was wearing a second ago had disappeared.

The girls, thought Cheerilee worried for their safety, The children... my children... get away.

The man who called himself Starkk was preparing one of his weapon's for another shot at the standing filly. Scootaloo was in no condition to keep fighting. She was shivering and struggling to breathe.

"Get away from my children!" shouted Cheerilee. Her body moved before she could make up her mind. Time seemed to slow itself as a number of things happened all at once. Another beam of blue energy left Starkk's weapon. Cheerilee galloped over and stood in front of Scootaloo.

"Miss Cheerilee!" shouted Scootaloo. A sword of unknown origin manifested itself in Cheerilee's hoof. The illusion of standstill time continued.

She felt the words flow as if some ancient demon was controlling her mouth, "All waves rise and become my shield. Lightning become my blade. Sogyo no Kotowari!"

Before Starkk could react to the chain of events, a blue Cero similar to his own was projected back at him. The beam blocked out visibility for him and anyone who was looking at him. Several seconds passed before the Cero faded into nothing. Starkk hadn't suffered very much damage, but there were certainly a few patches of his outfit that were emitting smoke. He took a long look at the direction from where the Cero had come.

Cheerilee was a bit surprised herself. The sword in her hoof had taken on a different shape with the sharp edge on the above side instead of underneath. Additionally, it had somehow peeled itself into two identical weapons that were joined at the hilts by a long, red rope. Five metal squares that resembled dog tags hung onto the rope.

"How did you fire that Cero just now?" called Starkk from his airborne position. Cheerilee looked up at him, down to her weapon, and back at him. An unusual smirk formed from her lips.

"Why don't you fire again and see for yourself?" she called back.

Where is this confidence coming from? she thought to herself, And why does it feel so good?

After a few seconds, Starkk replied, "Very well, then."

"No, you idiot!" yelled Lilynette's voice as if inside the gun, "It's obviously a trap." But Starkk paid no mind to the voice of his partner. With another pull of the trigger, he fired a blue stream of energy at the pony that challenged him. This time, he saw her blade actually catch the Cero, stopping it in its tracks. Less than a second later, her weapon fired a Cero back in his direction. This time, he quickly rushed to the side of the blast in order to avoid any direct damage.

"I see," he muttered, "That's how."

---

"Awaken and scream, Benihime!"

---

There was hardly a day off available to a particular Canterlot pony. When he finally had such a day available to him, he had not expected an overwhelming force to crush the city streets and the civilians among them. No, he certainly had not expected to witness such collateral damage. He especially did not plan to see two creatures that were quite cringing to see, creatures that looked like they would even frighten off Everfree Forest wildlife.

"I say," breathed Fancypants readjusting his monocle for the third time still not quite believing what he was looking at. Next to him, his wife Fleur de Lis was just as stunned by the surrounding damage and the two entities responsible for it. She didn't say anything, but her slim figure moved as if to express her shock in a standstill interpretive dance.

You don't want them to keep destroying the city, do you?

The feminine voice caught Fancypants by surprise and he looked around for the source. It wasn't Fleur, as she was standing there with her mouth agape. The voice sounded as if they were echoing off every empty space of air at once, like an omnidirectional noise beacon.

Well, no, he thought as if answering the call, But what am I to do about this imminent destruction?

Fight back.

I say, he mentally declared, That would be the instinctual thing to do... for a Royal Guard!

Why not you?

Well, he thought back, Considering I haven't the means to combat this foreign monstrosity, I can't rightly...

A couple lights flashed briefly in Fancypants' view. Before he knew it, two blades of nearly identical sizes had nudged their handles into his front hooves.

You were saying?

The question that the new voice asked tickled Fancypants' mind for a few seconds. In fact, it gave him a bit of a poetic phrase to mull over. The phrase was so unusual and yet... so familiar at the same time. He just had to say it out loud.

"Flower wind rage and flower wind roar," he recited, "Heavenly wind rage and heavenly demon sneer. Katen Kyokotsu!"

---

As she listened to her husband recite the most obscure poem she had ever heard, an unusual voice echoed in Fleur de Lis' mind.

Can you not see the damage that those two have caused?

Fleur blinked in confusion. She looked left and right but she couldn't find the source.

Don't bother looking for me outside. I am already in you.

She stopped shaking her head wildly, but still held her eyes open wondering what was going on.

Beauty is more than just how you look.

Really? she thought while idly patting her mane, What else is there?

Use your beauty to attack the problem.

A flash of light surprised her from her mental dialogue. Her front hoof now held a sword of a slightly curved design.

Go with the flow.

Fleur de Lis' mouth moved seemingly on its own as it said, "Surge, water and sky. Nejibana!"

---

"Bakudo 61: Rikujokoro!" declared David.

---

"You're mistaken, Charlotte Coulhorn," said Cadance with a look of determined anger burning in her eyes.

"Really?" asked the muscular Arrancar in a dress in disbelief, "And how's that?"

"A princess must learn to restrain her power," answered the princess holding her less impressive Zanpaktou, "Otherwise, she risks destroying her very kingdom."

The edge of Tobiume gathered an orb of multicolored flames as she continued.

"You claim to be a princess that always gets her way, but all that makes you is a heartless tyrant. A real princess looks out for her subjects. She guides and protects them. She will even put her life on the line to ensure their safety."

She raised her sword high as the fiery orb continued to swirl.

"Now I'll show you what the love of a true princess is capable of," said Cadance with a calm promise.

"You forget, I still have your little lover in my hold here," pointed out Charlotte. Said lover, however, held a hoof up with other ideas.

"Bakudo 8," he choked out, "Seki!"

A small blue orb appeared before immediately bursting on contact with the Arrancar's skin. The pop surprised him and kicked him back a few feet.

"Snap, Tobiume!" cried Mi Amore Cadenza swinging her weapon down. This motion released the 'plum tree' fire and sent smoke and force into Charlotte's gut. With a unified battle cry, the pony couple aimed their respective blades at the stunned enemy. Tobiume and Gonryomaru pierced vessels where the heart should have been.

Time slowed down for the fighters involved. In a flash of white pieces, Charlotte Coulhorn's headpiece crumbled. He fell and hit the ground on his back. Then, for what seemed like hours, he slowly faded into the shadows.

Cadance and Shining Armor stashed their weapons into the non-physical plane. They then took each other in a reassuring embrace. Things were looking up.

---

"Bakudo 63: Sajo Sabaku!" called Celestia.

---

"You honestly think you're all that? Pheh!" scoffed Gilda, "You're not even a real bird, Avirama Redder." She held her talons apart as she yelled, "Bankai!"

A flash of light engulfed Gilda's gauntlet and her entire front limb. Seconds followed before Suzumebachi's final release became fully visible. Golden metal covered Gilda's arm as a base launcher complete with a small scope-like piece covered her right eye. Attached to the base was one giant, yellow missile. Large and obvious, it was an exact opposite of its Shikai form.

"Jakuho Raikoben," declared Gilda as she took aim at the red-winged Arrancar. Said Arrancar aimed his Devorar Pluma feathers at the gryphon.

Pah, thought Gilda as the missile left its base, Like he'll have the chance.

---

"Bakudo 79: Kuyo Shibari!" declared Luna.

---

The huge blimp of blubber that called himself Choe Neng Poww swatted away my favorite zebra with just one swing of his bulging fist. She had all the power that I recalled Ikkaku Madarame had and yet she still went down so quickly. I for one was shocked.

"Meep," I whimpered at the sight of the whale-sized Arrancar.

How the heck do you kill something with that much mass? I thought.

"Let's hit him with everything we've got!" yelled Daisy as she healed Zecora's more serious wounds, "Fulfill, Hisagomaru!"

"Right!" called the caped Rainbow Dash, "Getsuga Tenshou!"

"Hikotsu Taiho!" yelled Applejack.

After shaking myself from the initial worry I joined the chorus of attacks, "Tsugi-no-Mai, Hakuren!"

A huge red energy wave, a large thin black energy wave, a red cannon-esque blast from the snake's mouth, and an icy blast all made direct hits with the giant whale. While scratches became apparent against his white skin, he otherwise didn't appear fazed in the slightest.

Crap, I thought, Now what?

---

"Limit of the thousands hands, respectful hands, unable to touch the darkness. Shooting hands unable to reflect the blue sky. The road that basks in light, the wind that ignited the embers, time that gathers when both are together, there is no need to be hesitant. Obey my orders. Light bullets, eight bodies, nine items, book of heaven, diseased treasure, great wheel, grey fortress tower. Aim far away. Scatter brightly and cleanly when fired."

---

No pony, thought Rarity her letting anger and energy burn, No... no one hurts Fluttershy and gets away with it!

"Heh," chuckled the green-haired Arrancar, "I didn't think you were the strongest one." He emphasized his point by kicking the poor thing out into the street.

"You just made a grave mistake, brute!" snarled Rarity.

"Hm?" he responded as he turned around.

"Bankai!" declared Rarity as she released her blade tip-down. White ripples emerged from the ground that the Zanpaktou entered. Unlike her previous Bankai releases, this one surrounded both Rarity and her enemy with a full, spherical landscape made from light pink blades. At least one hundred million swords spun around them.

"Senkei Senbonzakura Kageyoshi," stated Rarity, "I have given up all of my defense in favor of offense." One of the pink blades levitated of its own accord down next to her. Its aura receded as she grasped its hilt in her hoof.

"Now that's more like it!" shouted the Arrancar ecstatically.

"Prepare yourself Grimmjow!" called Rarity as both she and her enemy charged forward with blades bared.

---

"Hado 91: Senju Koten Taiho!" shouted David.

---

"This is too easy. I don't know why I even bothered letting my power rise to that of a Fourth Seat."

That voice was really starting to get on the Great and Powerful Trixie's nerves. The voice belonged to the apparently male human-esque entity standing before her. He had a sword with a pink handle and his stupid blond mane was too unkempt and long. To top it off, he had scratched his own mask. How dare he mock her? What had he said his name was? Fin... Door... Car-something? In any case, her heavy breathing wasn't helping her think.

"What are you implying?" she asked after catching her breath, "Are you saying that Trixie is weaker than these so-called Fourth Seat soul reapers that you mentioned?"

"Exacta!" chirped the man pointing a finger in her direction, "Right on the mark. Your mind is sharper than your blade."

"Trixie does not have to take this," she fumed, "Shine brightly, Nijigasumi!" Her katana glowed in rapidly-flashing colors of light as the base shone in a pure white light.

"Exacta, smart decision," chuckled Findorr, "You're finally getting serious. I suppose it's only fair that I humor you and show you my power as well. Engrave the surface of the water, Pinza Aguda!" Purple fire surrounded his form. As the flames cleared, his sword was gone. In its place, a giant claw reminiscent of a crustacean looked like it had fused with his entire right arm.

---

She seems to be able to alter the temperature of the water in the atmosphere at will, thought Twilight, She can do so without wasting a second thinking about the action. If that is in fact instantaneous, then even the speed of my arrows won't be enough.

Yeah, and Tsubaki won't be fast enough either, agreed Pinkie Pie even though Twilight couldn't hear her thoughts.

Meanwhile, the blond-maned Arrancar clashed her sword against one of Twilight's newest weapons: the Seele Schneider. While it was meant as an arrow, it worked as an impromptu defense against the melee opponent that she had been forced to fight with.

---

"If you want to live," started David after the explosion subsided, "leave this place and never return."

---

My worries were answered as a giant column of yellow light surrounded the whale in front of me.

They're... being called back? I thought in disbelief.

When they have the advantage? added Shirayuki.

---

Cheerilee and Scootaloo were all set to go another round when their vision was disrupted by a yellow light shining down from the sky that surrounded Starkk.

---

The impromptu battle between Fancypants and Ggio Vega was interrupted by a large column of yellow energy encasing the foreign enemy and slowly lifting him into the sky. The same also applied to the green elephant Nirgge Parduoc before Fleur could land another ocean wave onto him.

---

A column of yellow light appeared from directly overhead. The unconscious body of Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez floated up into the hole in the sky.

---

As the explosion from the missile fire subsided, so too did Avirama Redder's body. He slowly evaporated into crimson shadows.

---

Yellow light engulfed Findorr Carius before he could get serious. As he started to get lifted away, Trixie could only watch in a combination of confusion and relief.

---

As soon as the battle had started, a bright yellow light blocked one of Twilight's strikes and lifted the silent Arrancar out of sight.

---

David sheathed his blade into the disguise of an old cane. He turned to look away from the slowly rising body of Sosuke Aizen.

---
A/N: Kagehime is an original Zanpakuto donated by Leo Archon. All other Bleach-related content belongs to Viz Media. I gain no profit from this.