• Published 17th May 2012
  • 2,211 Views, 92 Comments

Nothing Probably Goes on Forever Too - TundraStanza



One pony alone is not enough to face David's forces and defeat them, not even a pony with two minds. True strength lies in the spirits of her friendships and their new blades. Sode no Shirayuki dances once more.

  • ...
20
 92
 2,211

Ch. 29: Creativity Stems From What Already Exists / Epilogue: Encyclopedia

Rays of light from the stars in the night sky above
Send a plea from across the ages
So that our wishes will be in someone’s heart someday
Let’s shine on like that star

Chapter 29: Creativity Stems From What Already Exists

---

“Uwaaa!”

I was sent sprawling to the ground after the last onslaught. My enemy was practically on top of me. My Zanpaktou was just out of reach. Meanwhile, another blade was almost right against my neck. I was finished. I had lost. It was then that my enemy sighed.

“If a convincing illusion of you with that sorry excuse of a strategy couldn’t defeat a half-breed changeling, what in *gee*’s name made you think it would work for you against me?”

“Gee, thanks,” I muttered, “I was trying to forgive and forget that incident.”

Don’t get me wrong. I did enjoy the musical number after the multi-dimensional event. But the battle to the death itself revealed my most shameful weakness. I had no proper training in the ways of combat. Sure, I’d managed to kill my fair share of Hollows. But against enemies that could match or surpass my speed, I might as well have been Kuwabara from Yu Yu Hakusho. Yeah, I sucked.

“It’s like I said when we started this training session,” Luna sighed as she pulled her sword safely away from my windpipe, “Fighting with a sword isn’t the same as flailing a flyswatter. You must hold an unbreakable defense and an unyielding offense.”

“You keep saying that, but I’m still not getting it,” I shook my head as I continued to lie on my back, “Maybe you ought to rephrase it.”

Luna took a deep breath as we just stared at each other for another half minute. Eventually, she reached down her free hoof and helped me up. Absentmindedly, I brushed off a thin layer of icy dust from my shoulder.

“Snow Sleeve,” Luna said much more gently, “I’m just trying to look out for you. I don’t want to lose you again.”

“Likewise, Lu Lu,” I smiled sadly, “I’m sorry that I was such a jerk when we first met up.”

“Water off an otter’s back,” she insisted, “Now, shall we?”

“All right,” I stood ready with Sode no Shirayuki in my grasp, “Let’s dance.”

---

One month later…

You know, I was starting to wonder when I would find myself back on Sweet Apple Acres. Assisting the long, tiring harvest had a weird rejuvenating effect after all that fighting. Heh, I guess when I focused on using a Zanpaktou, I spent less time using my back legs than I thought. Whatever the case may have been, I was back into my usual, part-time work loop. Bit collection was slow going, but the goal of having my own house was ever growing nearer.

Who knows? I thought, After I put in some furnishings, I might just take up a hobby.

Such as? popped in Shirayuki.

I... haven't gotten that far yet, I admitted, But plans should always be open to improvisation.

Can’t argue with that, she conceded.

---

I was about done with my shift when a shadowy figure stomped in out of nowhere. Seriously, it was like watching Celestia stamp on the library’s balcony all over again. Only this time, it was a much less pleasant surprise.

"Huh?" I blurted in shock, "What are you supposed to be?"

"Surprised?" asked the being as she walked closer, "I guess you should be."

Contrary to the Friendship is Magic fan base, there weren't a whole lot of black ponies that wandered Equestria freely. Up until now, I thought I was the only one. So when I looked at this new face, I was a bit lost.

"I bet it's not every day that you meet your twin," she smirked.

Her voice was unmistakable. It was a little lower and slightly more... seductive, but it imitated Rukia Kuchiki's just as easily as my own. I couldn't see anything about her that was remotely different from me except her eyes. Where my reflection showed me having turquoise with white, this clone had shimmering blue highlighting her eyes as if they were discharging lightning.

Who... or what is she? I thought.

"Too shocked to speak?" she asked rhetorically, "This should come as a relief then. I'm an exact replica of you created by Aizen and David."

I knew he couldn't be trusted! Shirayuki practically shouted in my head.

"So you're a fake me," I simply stated.

"I am not a fake," she tensed up slightly, "I don't care if you're the original. You're not better."

She stopped trotting forward before continuing, "We share the same body and the same talents... but there's one easy way to tell us apart."

"The fact that I'm not going to copy Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories quotes while you are?" I asked coyly.

"No!" she grumbled, "It's because I'm not afraid of anything!"

"I rest my case," I smiled gently.

"You know what? Forget this!" the clone suddenly shouted. A coat of white surrounded her entirely. In just one second, I was looking at a fairly convincing copy of Shirayuki. Though, the lightning blue eyes still gave away her artificiality.

"I'll just skip to the part where I destroy the original!"

She practically ripped a sword out of thin air and charged forward with one powerful flap of her white-feathered wings. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised to see a fake me try to imitate my abilities. Even so, I barely managed to call forth my Zanpaktou before she was right in front of me. Our blades clanged against each other before I was launched back through the air. I was more stunned from my surprise than I was from her force. Though, a quick collision with one of the apple trees woke me from my trance.

"Oof!" I grunted. I heard a couple cracking sounds behind me before the sound of colliding leaves ended them. I turned around feeling slightly embarrassed at knocking down one of AJ's trees. Although, that sheepish feeling left as soon as I remembered what had knocked me this way in the first place. In fact, the fake Shirayuki was already getting ready with another attack.

"The one who reigns, mask of flesh and blood," recited not-Shirayuki, "Flap of wings. The one who carries the title of humans."

I kind of panicked before starting my own incantation.

"He who reigns, mask of flesh and blood," I said with a hoof raised, "Flutter of wings. The one who crowns us with a name."

"In the name of truth and temperance, dig your claws into the wall of sinless dreams!"

"Gathering of heat and war beyond the seas and rivers take steps to the south!"

"Hado 33: Sokatsui!"

"Hado 31: Shakkahou!"

Not-Shirayuki's crashing blue fire was intercepted by my red flame cannon. However, the aftershock from the explosion of red and blue fires was strong enough to blast me into the foliage of the tree that I had just knocked over.

"Fan-tipping-flastic," I mumbled, "I got leaves in my hair."

Maybe I should take over, suggested Shirayuki.

No, you'd better not, I replied, If someone else comes by and sees us fighting ourselves, then I'd like to give them a few more differences to look at than just eye color.

Oh, right. I didn't think about that, she admitted.

"Anyway, if I'm going to beat this wannabe," I resolved, "I'd better start treating this battle seriously."

The smoke cleared away and revealed a still very ticked off not-Shirayuki. It seemed she stole my idea as both of us spun the hilt of our swords in similar motions.

"Dance, Sode no Shirayuki!" both of us cried out. My Zanpaktou and my clone’s counterfeit both obtained icy hues and long ribbons of white.

---

“This is scientifically impossible,” muttered Twilight before raising her voice, “You are not scientifically possible!”

“Said the purple unicorn that pushes things around with magic,” retorted the not-Twilight.

“Ouch,” said Twilight softly.

“Still,” pondered not-Twilight, “this isn’t the best place for a proper battle. Meet me outside within the next minute or I’ll destroy this whole place.”

With that, the doppelganger whisked away in the breezy noise of her Hirenkyaku.

“What are we going to do, Twilight?” worried Spike.

“Stay here, Spike,” the Quincy told her dragon assistant, “I’m going to teach myself a lesson.”

Twilight copied her double’s vanishing act.

“Come back soon,” whispered Spike.

---

"Is that the best you can do?" mocked not-Shirayuki, "I expected that you'd put up more of a fight."

The injuries I had sustained were getting worse. Some of my blood was literally frosted onto my legs. I was also finding breathing to be a difficult task. I needed something... anything that could give me an edge. I needed a trump card. But the way things were going, my metaphorical deck may as well have been empty.

We need to turn this battle around! Shirayuki mentally exclaimed, I sense that the spiritual energy of the others are in danger.

I know, I thought back, But how do we beat an enemy that can use every move that we can?

Wait! she replied, Remember what Sode no Shirayuki said about our Bankai during that one jinzen?

She said that the first dream that brought us together is the key to unlocking her Bankai, I recalled.

Right, my other half affirmed, and what was that first dream?

It involved me reliving events that tested the main six against their own Elements of Harmony.

So, she concluded, Let us focus our spirit!

For my friends,I nodded.

For what they stand for, added Shirayuki.

“Playtime is over!” I hollered out loud.

---

I took control of the body and gained my respective colors. I stood up tall despite the pain of the icy droplets of blood surrounding me. As I did that, I lifted my Zanpaktou sideways in front of me and placed my other hoof against the dull edge.

"What do you think you're doing?" asked not-me. I ignored her and started letting the words of power flow from my mouth.

Truth become my sword.
Faith become my shield.
Wisdom guide me.
Compassion fill me.
Selflessness be with me.
Happiness reign eternal.

"Ban...kai!" I shouted.
---

The next few moments almost felt dreamlike to me. I was experiencing thoughts and feelings that were mine but also weren't completely mine. It was like I knew what Tundra Stanza knew, but I also held Shirayuki’s understanding. Regardless, this surge of spiritual power was... refreshing. I could literally feel my eyes burn a forest green before my vision returned to me.

"Kazekage Sode no Shirayuki!" I declared. I didn't need to see my Zanpaktou's new form. Somehow, I just knew that it was in both of my hooves. It resembled a couple of black and icy blue fold-up fans. Each was armed with icicle spikes that resembled dagger blades. Tundra’s black coat of fur occupied Shirayuki’s larger body type. I was also gifted with the white robes of my Zanpaktou spirit Sode no Shirayuki.

Not-Shirayuki looked completely stunned. Her lightning blue eyes that once held smug confidence widened and gave way to fear and hesitation.

"Wh-what is this?" she stammered. I didn't have time to answer her question, though.

"Fourth Dance," I breathed while waving my fans in a sort of flag-twirling cycle, "White Blizzard."

Heavy gale-like winds flowed outward in multiple directions. Each gust carried several crystals of snow and ice.

"Bakudo 39: Enkosen!" not-Shirayuki quickly retorted. An orange circle that looked like fan blades appeared. But her defense was for naught and quickly crumbled under the weight of the storm current. The winds and ice cut through her skin in various patches. There were even frozen clumps caught on her feathers.

"Fifth Dance: White Typhoon!" I declared. I spun myself around once. The resulting cold wind resembled that of a large tornado. Said tornado surrounded not-Shirayuki in an unstoppable force of pure rotation. It lifted her off her feet and rendered her wings useless. I flew up above my self-made tornado and held my fans just above the eye of the storm.

"Sixth Dance," I stated flatly, "White Guillotine." I threw both of the fans down, icicle daggers poised and sharp. The fans spun around in circles until they sliced through the target. The tornado died down as I watched the impostor pony fade into particles of shadows. My fans followed boomerang-esque paths back to my hooves.

I fluttered back down to the ground and took a moment to breathe. But I wasn't going to let myself rest just yet. I galloped in a direction that I sensed my friends' spiritual pressure. It felt like several strong releases had been activated at once. One thing was for sure. This wasn’t a contained situation.

---

Pinkie Pie, you must control your anger. Don't let it control you.

"Huh? Princess Celestia?" asked Pinkie Pie while looking all around her.

"Nope! Just me," stated not-Pinkie with blue sparks radiating from her eyes, "Koten Zanshun!"

"Woah!" yelped Pinkie as she narrowly dodged her look-alike's attack shield. In a slight panic, she bounced over to the next rooftop.

Channel your aggression into a more productive effort. Make it righteous fury.

"How do I do that?" asked Pinkie as she kept bouncing along.

"Just hold still and die!" exclaimed not-Pinkie a little too gleefully, "I reject!"

"Yikes!" hollered Pinkie. This time, the attack just barely missed the bottom of her hooves.

"Well, okay, Princess Celestia's voice in my head," she said as she turned around, "Hey, anger! Let's do something righteous and fun!"

Oh fine, grumbled a different voice inside her mind, Here, take this. Before she knew it, a sword appeared and her hoof wrapped around its hilt.

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I'll do it anyway," she decided, "Reap, Kazeshini!"

This was the first time that Pinkie Pie ever truly contacted and responded to her other self's power. The weapon in her hoof surrounded itself in an eerie, green aura as it reformed entirely. Its blade took on the more curved appearance of a scythe on the end of a metal pole. The weapon seemed to replicate itself and the two pieces were joined by a chain at the ends of their respective poles. The ‘Death Wind’ was as intimidating as its name implied.

---

“Princess,” reasoned Fancypants one more time, “Surely there must be a better way to resolve this dispute without such barbaric measures.”

The lightning-filled gaze of the alicorn of love showed no sign of acknowledging her current opponent’s persuasion. In fact, the only verbal response he received was given after she swung her weapon and its small magical plume of fire.

“Snap, Tobiume!” the artificial Cadance commanded.

Fancypants held up both of Katen Kyokotsu’s blades preparing for one nasty, impending explosion. But the explosion never came. He felt the urge to readjust his monocle as he stared at the giant wall of water that was now acting as his shield. Now, he knew he never conjured such a defense. So naturally, he turned in the direction of the wave’s flowing source.

Standing tall and pretty while twirling a large, trident-esque spear was none other than Fleur de Lis. Water was literally following her Zanpaktou’s guidance and carrying the strength of the vast oceans.

“Surge, sea and sky, Nejibana!” Fleur yelled.

---

“You know,” contemplated Shining Armor, “I’ve always told every pony that you are potentially your own worst enemy, but this is ridiculous!”

The lightning-filled eyes of the copy-pony showed no indication that he was paying any attention to the words of the real pony. Currently, the Zanpaktou Gonryomaru was locked in a duel of lightning bolts with its clone. Shining Armor had hoped that his look-alike was as open for discussion as he was, but now that hope was being dashed away in fast-paced sparks filling the air between him and his opponent.

A sudden tingling gave Shining the shivers from behind. He managed to catch a glimpse of yet another clone before falling to one knee. He focused some of his magic and formed a shield large enough to cover himself. The attacks from his clones were reduced slightly, but the surging electricity still somehow got through enough to make his mane stand on end.

“Bakudoh 4: Hainawa!”

Shining Armor opened his eyes at the sound of the new voice. Yellow ropes of light ensnared the weapons of his enemies from out of nowhere. In their distracted state, the fake stallions couldn’t repel the plum-shaped plumes of fire crashing into their sides.

Cadance’s hooves stomped on the ground just outside of Shining Armor’s shield. Said shield was dissipating as he allowed it to recede.

“Are you all right?” Cadance didn’t take her eyes off of the clones as they recovered.

“I’m always better when you’re with me,” smiled Shining Armor.

“Here!” she offered. A small valentine erupted from her horn. The implicit strength behind it floated over before popping against Shining’s head.

“Thanks,” he nodded, feeling a lot better. He stood ready for another round against the not-Shining Armor twins.

---

As I flew, I could feel a large torrent of spiritual pressure in every direction. I wanted to help everyone that I could. I needed to help everybody possible. But I couldn’t identify which problem was closest. All of the destruction and disasters were top priority. The sheer force of everyone’s spiritual energy threatened to crush me.

Before I could think any longer on the matter, a large white sheet felt like it cut through my mind. My focus was blinded and all manner of color blurred out.

---

I struggled to open my eyes against a haze. Somehow, I had been laid down on a dark ground. I had no idea where I was, but it looked very similar to my gray abyss mind realm. However, this wasn’t as comforting a plane. Wherever I was, it felt foreign and unnerving just to stand up.

My outfit in Bankai form had apparently disappeared while I was out. It was just me and my evergreen chest plate. Absentmindedly, I tried summoning my Zanpaktou. Fortunately, I could still see the katana in my grasp. Though, that was a small positive considering I still had no idea where I was or how I had gotten there.

“Cier Dylan.”

That voice… I thought as I swung my head around looking for the source.

“Carriage of thunder, bridge of a spinning wheel.”

Hoping to avoid a kido-based attack, I tried running in a random direction. Sadly, I couldn’t get a lock on the source of the caster. He could have been anywhere.

“With light divide this into six.”

“So-me-no-Mai, Tsukishiro!” I shouted. I conjured my ice pillar around myself, hoping to block the impending attack from any direction.

“Bakudo 61: Rikujokoro.”

In that exact instant, my ice was pierced and I felt six pounding objects hit my midsection. My ice pillar cracked and shattered just a few seconds after that. It left me exposed and I could see the six bars of light had me trapped. I wriggled and squirmed, but to no avail.

I was starting to wish the enemy in question would pick a new outfit. Harry Potter was too good for this man to go off and imitate. Seriously, what was his deal? He was even walking casually toward me like he didn’t have a care in the world. When he was within spitting distance, I just stared in anger and disgust.

It was jarring to see this guy show frustration on his face when he was right in front of me.

“So, Cier,” David nearly spat (glad he didn’t spray it), “Are you having fun yet?”

“Fun?” I raised my eyebrow at his choice of words, “First of all, my name is Tundra. Second, I woke up in a dark abyss. Third, I’m trapped in an immovable position. Fourth, there’s this bastard venting at me like he’s my drunken father. Yeah, David, I’m having loads of fun. What do you think?”

“Then why did you come here of all places?” he followed up.

“You think I had a choice in the matter?” I looked at him like he’d grown an extra head (which would be ten times less bizarre than the questions he was coming up with). “You’re the one that separated me from my true self all those years ago. I ended up living a human life. That wasn’t in itself bad, but then you used your crazy voodoo powers to drag me back to Equestria as a separate entity. Don’t even get me started on how you’ve been screwing up the place with monsters from an anime.”

“I gave you a chance to return to your human life,” he stated flatly.

“You shouldn’t have needed to,” I gave my rebuttal, “Heck, you shouldn’t have needed to create the disasters known as Nightmare Moon, Discord, the Shadow Pony War, and the Arrancar invasion. Feel free to stop me at any time.”

“All right, I will,” he said while grabbing my forehead.

“What the heck are you doing?” I didn’t like this feeling. It was way too similar to an event from my past… Shirayuki’s past.

---

The filly tried to scream, but her voice had escaped her. She felt her entire soul split in two. The white entity floated away. Only the dark entity remained behind.

“Empty creature from Shirayuki’s vessel, to you the name Nightmare shall be given.”
---

Inside, I could feel my spiritual energy churning into itself. I tried to block out the pain by closing my eyes. Needless to say, that wasn’t a very relieving effort. I clenched my teeth against the strain that my entire body and soul was burning against. I let out a prolonged yell until finally, David’s grasp left my head.

My head drooped like a weight had suddenly been added to it. My efforts to escape Rikujokoro were now fighting just to lift my head and open my eyes. Slowly but surely, I was eventually able to see again. What I saw caused me to widen my eyes in shock.

“I’d just like to let you know that I’m not your enemy,” said David, “In fact, this isn’t even your heroic tale.”

But I tuned him out as my attention was too focused on the figure that now stood beside him. The body that stood on all fours looked like the correct, white form. It had the right evergreen armor and the right, light blue mane. But there was one thing wrong with its face.

The eyes.

“Shirayuki?” I whispered, but her eyes weren’t on me. They were glassy, looking right through me.

“What were you hoping to accomplish?” wondered David rhetorically, “Were you aiming to mooch off of his fame? Did you think that by taking his place in the battle against me that no one else would notice? Or were you just that dead in the brain one day and decided that you needed to bounce off his premise just so you could elevate your own?”

“Shirayuki, what happened to you?” I asked. She didn’t even respond to my voice. I think I heard David sigh, but I wasn’t entirely sure.

“The only one who can remove the problem is yourself,” he said with what sounded like regret in his tone, “You’re the one that must take responsibility for your actions. It’s time to pay the consequences for the suffering you’ve caused. Nightmare… kill her.”

Shirayuki lifted a hoof in my direction. Her blank, spacy stare didn’t change.

“Mask of flesh and blood,” she droned, “Universe soar. The one crowned with man’s name, carve a twin lotus into the wall of blue flames and await the blazing fires to reach the distant heavens.”

“Shirayuki, no!” I shouted, unable to do much else.

“Hado 73: Soren Sokatsui!”

I watched as the giant burst of blue flames rocketed across the abyss. I was going to get hit by a fatal blast. This stupid flower around my body was preventing me from getting out of the way. I squirmed some more, but it still was not letting me go. In frustrated reluctance, I closed my eyes and waited for death.

I was confused as to why the explosion I heard didn’t feel like I was burning or for that matter, warm.

“Have you already forgotten our training?”

“Wha…?” I looked up and stared my defender in awe. “Luna!”

“He thinks he knows it all,” Luna scoffed. She whipped her Zanpaktou around and shattered one of the petals ensnaring me. The rest of the lights soon dwindled and I could move again.

“Let’s show him how he’s got it wrong,” Luna smiled at me.

“Yeah,” I nodded in confidence, “The days are dead and gone where he can push and pull us around.”

I picked up my sword and firmly grasped it.

“Time to go farther and stronger,” I directed my eyes to where David stood. It was kind of refreshing to see him looking perplexed rather than his usual calm and collected self.

“What I’ve got, you can’t control!” I declared while holding my blade to the side, “Dance, Sode no Shirayuki!”

I saw a glimmer of light return to Shirayuki’s eyes. Then, some unseen force flung her toward where I was standing. A blinding, white light covered our collision. Meanwhile, my sword altered its coloration to the white translucence of ice and a long, white ribbon grew from its handle.

---

I stood strong next to Luna as we were facing David. It was time to do the unthinkable, perform the impossible, and break the unbreakable. My body was radiating spiritual energy in every conceivable direction. I felt indestructible.

“Trying to break me again?” I asked rhetorically, “Don’t expect me to bend this time.”

“You can try to hide behind your pretty little words and stage played fights, but you’ll never be what you’re not,” rattled David, “You’re not a hero, Cier. Never have been, never will be.”

To this, I sent a blast of ice from my sword. He dodged easily, but he seemed to do so begrudgingly. His face wasn’t the bored expression of a lazy man. It was the anger shown from one giving more effort than he would have liked.

“Now you’re trying to get under my skin again,” I noted, “I’m not even listening. You won’t win.”

“I don’t expect you to understand,” he snarled as he pulled out his own weapon, “Scream, Benihime!”

Quickly, I flapped my wings and flew out of the way of his red energy wave attack. For an empty abyss, the environment around us was sure acting like solid rock and getting torn up fairly easily.

“Reign over the frosted heavens, Hyorinmaru!”

Luna’s frozen dragon attack glided over and just barely missed David’s foot by a toe.

“Of course we don’t understand!” Luna called out as she circled around the abyss’ somehow existent sky, “Over and over you say that your actions are for the better of this entire world, but equally as many times the actions you take are destructive and cause suffering to all the ponies.”

“Tsugi-no-Mai, Hakuren!” I called out, sending my icy wave in David’s general direction. He used Benihime’s red energy to form a full-body shield. It cracked upon impact with my attack, but he looked otherwise unharmed.

“Creating war zones in the name of peace?” I questioned, “That’s called hypocrisy!”

David’s immediate retort was to launch forth his shield in another large wave of red energy. I had to flash step in order to dodge that one.

“What about you, Cier?” he asked while wearing a sad smile, “Do you fancy yourself as the one to rule them all and the sole protector of the peace?”

I got in close and started a push of war between my sword and his. The energy being given off by both of us started ripping pieces of the ground underneath our feet.

“No, I’m not that arrogant,” I answered, “I know that it’s going to require someone greater than I to lead Equestria to a long-lasting peace. But I also know that particular someone isn’t you. You’ve been going about your plan doing basically the same thing again and again. Repeating the process of destruction and expecting a result different from ruin is insane.”

David tried to feint and back away. But I held strong to the offensive approach, not once letting him get an opening.

“Great power requires a great responsibility to wield,” he told me in a tone of a frustrated lecturer.

“And you’ve been abusing your responsibility horrendously,” I concluded.

Luna tried to attack David from behind. But I could tell that he sensed her presence as well. In a maneuver that I didn’t think was possible, he spun around and launched me over. Luna and I ended up hitting each other’s wings and sides. It took a split second to readjust our positions and only a split second more to return our eyes to the enemy.

“I see now that words won’t dissuade you,” David let out a sigh, “Must this all end so violently?”

“Do not test us with this façade of sorrow,” warned Luna, “You brought this whole mess upon yourself.”

“If that’s the way you want it,” he said almost reluctantly, “Screwball, Screw Loose.”

Two more presences suddenly made themselves known. I didn’t know them personally, but Tundra’s quick thoughts recognized them. The faded pink pony with a crazy look in her eyes and a propeller beanie cap was one of Discord’s creations. The light blue mane with an unkempt gray mane was an ex-mental house patient. Both of these ponies wielded Zanpaktou of dangerous capabilities.

“Coward,” I muttered regarding the so-called master.

“Bankai!” yelled Luna. With that, her spiritual pressure shot through the roof.

A thick layer of ice encompassed her large wings. Icy, draconic claws lined the rest of her limbs. Three purple flowers levitated behind her. All the while, she never lost that determination in her eyes.

“Daiguren Hyorinmaru!” she addressed her Bankai’s form.

“Luna?” I wondered what she was going to do.

“You handle the big boss, Shirayuki,” she ordered, “I’ll deal with the small fry.”

In the blink of an eye, she was flying over the newcomers. She grabbed each of the ponies in an icy clawed grip and flew off. She flew a fair distance away before dropping them unceremoniously to the ground.

I supposed that now was as good a time as any to bring out the big fans.

“Ban…kai!” I cried.

---

Again, I became an existent entity. The white robes adorned my exterior and I held the ice cold fan blades in my hooves. I knew what Tundra and Shirayuki knew. I felt what they felt. In me, those combined feelings were only made stronger. Such was the result of their Bankai: Kazekage Sode no Shirayuki.

“Scream, Benihime!”

“Fourth Dance: White Blizzard!”

David’s red energy wave was strong, but my large-scale gale of ice was nothing to sneeze at. Our special attacks fought for ground. Neither was gaining a very large advantage. I could sense him start to pour a little more of his spiritual energy into his attack. I responded in kind by giving more of mine. The resulting red wind was almost blinding the way it leaked out in sporadic directions.

Oddly enough, David was the first to break away from launching his wave. He vanished from his spot and reappeared closer to me outside of the explosion. He tried swinging his blade to an exposed area. But I adopted a spinning motion, parrying his sword with my open fans. While the sound of blizzard winds died down, the sound of metal colliding with metal only grew in intensity. As I attempted to counterattack, he just barely managed to jump away from the brunt force. But his sleeve did get caught on one of my blades and I could see a large cut on his arm.

“You,” he gasped in dumbfounded wonder, “You’re different. You couldn’t keep up with my speed the last time we met. Your strength isn’t dwindling either. What’s going on?”

“I had some help getting stronger.” I smiled slightly. “I have some pretty darn good friends.”

I held my fans so that their blades could touch. I never took my eyes off the enemy.

“You said I’m not a hero,” I said thoughtfully, “That may be true, but no matter who I am, I’m going to use all of my power to ensure that Equestria gets to survive one more day.”

“What if that one more day leads to a cold and sufferable future that you wrought?” David asked.

“I’m not going to lie and say that there won’t be suffering of sorts, because there will be,” I admitted, “However, tomorrow will have to take care of itself. Besides, that problem along with its solution will be a problem that arrives naturally. It won’t have to waste energy cleaning up the messes that you leave behind.”

“Hado 54: Haien!” he shouted, launching a giant, purple fireball from his blade.

“Fifth Dance: White Typhoon!” I cried out, summoning the cold winds into a great tornado. The resulting winds spun around and deflected his attack into the abyss’ large unending sky. Mere seconds passed until the fireball was no longer visible.

My tornado didn’t stop there. It moved on over until David was standing right in the eye of the storm. I took that opportunity to fly above the swirling, freezing gust.

“Sixth Dance: White Guillotine!”

---

“Woah,” Applejack held her head suddenly feeling dizzy, “What in the hay is that?”

---

“I feel strange,” whispered Fluttershy as her vision began to white out.

---

“That was fun!” exclaimed Pinkie Pie, “Let’s… never do that again.”

---

“Is it getting warm out here?” wondered Rarity.

---

“These fakers have nothing on us!” shouted Rainbow Dash with pride.

---

“Sprenger,” muttered Twilight as she released the trigger for her move. Her doppelganger was soon on the receiving end of a five-pointed pillar of spiritual energy. The light could be seen from miles away.

---

“Time to wrap this up!” declared Apple Bloom.

“Do you girls feel that?” asked Sweetie Belle.

“Feel wha-?” Scootaloo stopped herself when a pressure of unfamiliar magnitude shook the entire area around her.

---

I closed my eyes. The frigid wind that I had commanded was starting to subside. I began to trot away from the scene.

“Surely you must have known that this wasn’t over.”

I have to admit that I gasped upon turning around to look. My White Typhoon had completely disappeared. In its place stood a fairly unharmed David inside of a crimson, yet transparent box. Though, the box quickly disappeared.

Dang it, I thought, I knew that he would be formidable, but...

I never finished that train of thought. In that instant, David was standing right next to me.

“I’m afraid it is you that brought this fate upon yourself,” he said almost… lamentingly.

Blood started rushing from a wound I didn’t know that I had. I fell to my knees.

This… can’t be… happening, I thought in disbelief. My eyes were wide open and shaking. Even over the spilling noise, I could hear my heart beating in a slow, steady pattern. My breathing was quickening and getting shallower.

I’m not a hero, I realized as I started to approach the ground. I was barely holding onto my fans. How I was still holding them didn’t matter at the time. My eyelids were getting heavy.

Maybe you’re not. But that’s only when you fight alone.

The new voice got me to reopen my eyes. As I looked at the abyss before me, several faces came into view. Literally dozens of faces danced in the air before me. Most were indistinguishable from other ponies I had seen before. However, eleven lights outshone all of the other faces and gave me a blinding look at what really mattered.

Before I knew it, I was standing up straight again. I turned to face David and I couldn’t help but feel much calmer. The bleeding from before had stopped and I felt revitalized by some unseen power.

The Elements of Harmony are honesty…

A multi-segmented blade flew through the air past me. It came within a foot of David before it transformed into the head of a skeletal serpent with a bony body. It shoved David back a foot or two before turning into a puff of smoke.

… kindness…

An L-shaped blade came crashing down. David tried to raise Benihime to defend. He managed to parry the disembodied weapon three times. After the third strike, however, his arm looked like it was struggling to hold his own weapon up. He ended up dropping his sword and it left a heavy imprint on the ground.

… laughter…

An orange, bird-shaped light flew in and struck David’s left shoulder. That was soon followed by a spinning sickle that slashed his right sleeve. Like the weapons before it, the sickle turned into a smoky vapor.

… generosity…

Several illuminated petals danced through the surrounding atmosphere. They slowed down before taking the form of a thousand pink swords. They pointed in David’s general direction before launching forward. He managed to dodge some of the blades that were driven into the ground. But then, two of the multiple swords successfully pierced him. His chest and his stomach area had been pierced, though there wasn’t any visible blood in those areas.

… loyalty…

A giant blue wave of energy launched in from somewhere to the left. It was an exact likeness of the Getsuga Tenshou. David held up his hands and somehow managed to hold the wave in place (What the he**?). After a couple seconds, however, the blue wave turned a shade of blackish-red and knocked him back. He was sent rolling along the ground, breaking the pink blades in the process.

… and magic.

A multitude of bluish-white arrows poured in from outside the visible area. Many of these arrows smacked into David. He was launched into the air and pinned against an invisible wall. It was rare to see this man show any emotion. Right then, I witnessed his anger as he ripped three arrows out of himself and dropping from the invisible wall. He wobbled a little, struggling to stand up straight.

“The Elements of Harmony have no power over me!” he yelled.

“Strength is not limited to just the six,” I said with renewed, calm confidence.

“What?” he breathed.

A strong heart holds other virtues such as gentleness…

A stream of gray ashes swirled into the air. They swept past David and added a few new cuts to his outfit, along with some skin cuts.

… patience…

Four hooked blades swung across David’s back. Though, the blades quickly altered form into bluish-emerald vines. They wrapped around his midsection and lifted him up into the air.

… diligence…

The shadows themselves joined in on the attack. They took on the form of darkness swords. A circle of these cut through David’s suspended state. The vines were severed, but not before the man received a few new bruises along his body and rips in his clothes.

… and love.

(I don’t think I’ll ever make sense of the image I saw next.) An ice dragon covered in cloves of fire flew through the air and slammed into David before he was able to fall down completely. He was then quickly ensnared by what looked like a cage made entirely from the blaze.

It was time for the icing on the cake.

“So-me-no-Mai,” I called, “Tsukishiro!”

The largest ice pillar I had ever made formed around and froze through whatever was standing in that fiery cage. The pillar and its contents shattered causing several pieces of ice to crash against the ground. It was at this time that my Bankai ceased.

---

“I have to admit,” David smiled sadly, burnt and broken, “I didn’t think you had it in you.”

“I don’t,” I smiled back.

Images of all my friends stood around me. Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Twilight Sparkle, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, Luna, and Celestia stood by in spirit. Shirayuki’s image stood the closest to me.

“My power comes from my friendship,” I continued, “That… is the strongest magic of all.”

Small pieces started dropping from David. It resembled a cracking piece of glass rather than the disgusting alternative. As he literally cracked up, he laughed. However, it wasn’t the evil laugh of a madman or a two-parter villain. It was the proud laughter of a father that had raised his child right.

“Fine then,” he settled on saying, “We’ll see how long a peace without me in this world will last. Go and take your world. You’ve won.”

The rest of his body soon cracked into nonexistent pieces. They flashed like little lights before fading away completely. I could no longer sense David’s energy. He was gone.

---

Tundra slowly closed her eyes as she let out a tired breath. Her whole body began to fall. But she didn’t get very far. I quickly positioned myself underneath her so that she could rest comfortably.

“Let’s go home,” suggested Celestia.

I nodded in agreement. As her horn glowed in its golden magic, I took a look around at every pony. A mix of confused and uncertain expressions was shared. Celestia and Luna were the only two that shared my feelings of acceptance. The ponies that Luna had called ‘the small fry’ were currently sleeping on her back.

Home sounded lovely right then.

---

Many months later…

The air felt a lot less tense. I didn’t know how to describe it. The very earth and atmosphere felt like a giant weight had been removed from our shoulders. This was how Equestria should have been.

I had finally saved up enough bits from my odd jobs to acquire my own house. It was just on the edge of town. It was close enough to make shopping trips easy, short walks and stay within reach of everyone I knew. Granted, the only furniture I had in the house was a bed, but I had to start somewhere.

Winter had arrived and a peaceful blanket of snow covered the land. Hearth’s Warming Eve was coming soon and any of the other holidays I had yet to learn about. At the moment, however, I was simply enjoying the company of my closest friends. A fire crackled in the fireplace as eggnog was being around.

“So, if I understand this correctly,” pondered Luna aloud, “you can call upon the strength of the other Zanpaktou users whenever you want?”

I shook my head, “I’m pretty sure that was a one-time thing.”

Celestia sipped her mug of eggnog elegantly.

“But, if David truly has been defeated,” Luna continued, “Why do we still possess these weapons?”

She emphasized her point by briefly summoning her katana before sending it out of physical existence once more.

“Perhaps a time will come when we need them again,” I guessed, “There have been some scattered raids by Hallows over the last month. Just because one source of power is gone doesn’t mean that our work is finished.”

“You do have a point,” conceded Luna with a sip from her mug.

“Hey,” I said while looking around, “Where’d Celestia go?”

Both Luna and I turned our heads to scan the room. The eldest of the alicorns was nowhere to be found. Time decided to use that moment to hit me in the back of the neck with a sphere of solid coldness.

“Oof!” I gasped as I turned around. Another white sphere flung in through the recently opened door.

“Hey!” exclaimed Luna after getting smacked in the face by the snowball.

“Gotcha,” whispered a familiar voice.

“Oh, you asked for it, Tia,” giggled Luna as she galloped out.

I chuckled a bit as I joined the impromptu snow fight.

~The dream that I had is endlessly distant.
The blue sky of drier days is in my hooves.~

Some of the clouds parted and revealed openings for the sun to shine through. Many of the piles of snow sparkled in the new light.

~Trial and error within fixed intervals of sound
A space without time or dimensions
I’ll make a real-life sound
And bring beauty to my face
If only on one side~

I quickly got to work. Using my magic, I reshaped some of the nearby snow into a small fort. It wasn’t a perfect defense, but it would suit my cover system needs.

~An overripe apple fell into my grasp
Our other half is reflected in the mirror.~

“Et tu, Tundra Stanza?” called Luna after I had sent a couple snowballs in her direction.

~Trial and error within fixed intervals of sound
A space without time or dimensions
I’ll make a real-life sound
And bring beauty to my face
Even now~

“Opportunity is the mother of initiative!” I shouted back before redirecting some of my efforts to pin Celestia behind her snow castle. I guess she had plenty of time to build that before I ran outside.

~Trial and error within fixed intervals of sound
A space without time or dimensions
I’ll bare my claws to support the head and body
And scratch across my face
Neatly, on just one side~

A giant snowman came hurtling in my direction. Though, unlike most snowmen, this one had icicle fangs, a football helmet, and what looked like spiked cleats on its bottom section.

“Fan-tipping-flastic,” I whispered.

~A distant feeling
But still real life~

“How many points do I receive?” cheered Luna.

“I yield!” hollered Celestia from somewhere. I couldn’t tell from where as my vision was obscured by a large sheet of white powder.

“Uncle!” I shouted, though it sounded more like a muffled mumble.

---

Soul Reaper and Quincy Encyclopedia

(In order of relative appearance)

Tundra Stanza / Shirayuki

Weapon type: Zanpaktou, katana
Weapon’s name: Sode no Shirayuki; “Sleeve of White Snow”
Powers: Command over ice

Techniques
“Dance, Sode no Shirayuki”
-The sword changes color to a pearly white. A long white ribbon attaches to the handle. Every swing by the blade now seems to give off a cold, winter breeze.

"So-me-no-Mai, Tsukishiro"; (First Dance, White Moon)
-Summons a giant circle of ice on the ground
-Grows a giant pillar of ice that reaches to the sky before shattering all enemies within
-Can form an ice pillar around the user for an impromptu defense

"Tsugi-no-Mai, Hakuren"; (Next Dance, White Ripple)
-Focuses a large concentration of ice at the sword’s tip before releasing it as a beam or a wave
-The blast itself freezes anything it touches including the air
-Used for overpowering tactics or for countering larger attacks

"San-no-Mai, Shirafune"; (Third Dance, White Blade)
-Extends the blade’s length with ice
-Useful for stabbing enemies that are close but just out of reach of the blade’s tip
-Can also be used to reform the blade if it has been broken prior

Bankai (Final release)
Name: Kazekage Sode no Shirayuki; “Wind Shadow Sleeve of White Snow”
-Dresses the user in the white robes of Sode no Shirayuki’s spirit
-The blade is broken in two and transforms into frozen fan blades (similar to Kitana’s weapons from Mortal Kombat)
-In Tundra’s case, the Bankai fuses her two minds into one while in effect

Techniques unique to the Bankai
"Fourth Dance, White Blizzard"
-Conjures a huge gale of wind filled with snow and ice
-Capable of chilling some enemies down to the bone
-Has a wide range and is more forceful than Tsugi-no-Mai, Hakuren

"Fifth Dance, White Typhoon"
-Creates a freezing cold tornado large enough to fit a pony inside
-Instead of going to the enemy like White Blizzard, it pulls the enemy toward itself
-Provides a good setup for the Sixth Dance

"Sixth Dance, White Guillotine"
-The user throws the fan blades at the immobilized enemy. The fan blades spin super-fast, enough to cut through just about anything.
-Not recommended for use against moving targets; Tundra never does.

Other techniques (outside of sword’s power)
Shunpo; “Flash Step”
-An agility based technique in which the user travels a certain distance with as few steps as possible
-To the untrained eye, the user appears to fade out at point A and rematerialize at point B

"Kido"; (Way of the Soul)
-Techniques that can be utilized by the Shinigami, Soul Reapers
-Incantations make these techniques stronger, though some can still be cast without the chants but with less power
-Divided into two categories: Hado and Bakudo

"Hado"; (Way of Destruction)
-Small attacks that are dependent on the caster’s spiritual energy
-Mainly for offense

#1: Sho; “Push” (incantation unknown)
-A small shockwave that can literally push back the enemy

#4: Byakurai; “Arc Lightning” (incantation unknown)
-A straight beam of electrical energy is shot in whatever direction the caster is pointing

#31: Shakkahou; “Red Flame Cannon”
He who reigns, mask of flesh and blood, the one who crowns us with a name. Gathering of heat and war beyond the seas and rivers take steps to the south.
-A blast of red fire is shot in the direction the caster points
-Resulting explosion can act as physical damage or a smoke bomb

#33: Sokatsui; “Blue Fire Crash”
The one who reigns, mask of flesh and blood, the one who carries the title of humans. In the name of truth and temperance, dig your claws into the walls of distant dreams.
-A blast of blue fire is released going wherever the caster was pointing at the time

#58: Tenran; “Orchid Tempest” (incantation unknown)
-Holding their sword with their blade pointed to the ground, the caster releases a tornado-like whirlwind focused in the direction of the enemy

#73: Soren Sokatsui; “Twin Blue Fire Crash”
Mask of flesh and blood, universe soar. The one crowned with man’s name, carve a twin lotus into the wall of blue flames and await the blazing fires to reach the distant heavens.
-A much stronger version of Sokatsui, the caster releases a large blast of blue fire
-Often used in conjunction with Bakudo #61: Rikujokoro

Bakudo; “Way of Binding”
-Energy based techniques that restrict the enemy’s movement in some way
-Mainly for defense

#1: Sai; “Restrain” (incantation unknown)
-Forces the enemy’s arms to fold behind them

#4: Hainawa; “Crawling Rope”(incantation unknown)
-Yellow energy ropes that can wrap around the enemy, trapping their arms and immobilizing them

#9: Horin; “Disintegrating Circle” (incantation unknown)
-Red and yellow energy combine into a spiritual rope that surrounds the enemy and forges a circular binding

#39: Enkosen; "Round Lock Fan" (incantation unknown)
-The user forms an orange barrier that resembles spinning fan blades
-Useful for blocking one lethal blow or a few smaller attacks
-Breaks easily and is not meant for drawn out battles

#61: Rikujokoro; “Six Petals of Light”
Carriage of thunder, bridge of a spinning wheel. With light, divide this into six.
-Creates six bars of yellow light that collide with the enemy’s torso
-Resembles a giant yellow flower
-Prevents any movement or escape

---

Apple Bloom

Weapon type: Zanpaktou, katana
Weapon’s name: Ruri’iro Kujaku; “Azure Peacock”, sometimes called Fuji Kujaku; “Wisteria Peacock”
Powers: At full power, it drains the enemies’ spiritual energy. At partial power, it acts as four blades in one.

Techniques
“Bloom, Fuji Kujaku”
-Takes the form of four hook-shaped blades attached to the hilt
-Can cut through slightly thicker materials than the single blade can
-Meant for close and personal melee attacks

“Split and deviate, Ruri’iro Kujaku”
-The blade transforms into several extending vines of azure coloration. These vines ensnare enemies while slowly draining away their spiritual energy reserves. If the buds that are growing on the vines fully blossom, the victim or victims die.
-Once the technique is complete, the remaining flowers on the vine can be consumed to restore the user’s own spiritual energy.
-The vines themselves are not unstoppable. Fire and well-placed sword swings can sever them.

Other techniques
Hado #73: Soren Sokatsui

---

Rarity

Weapon type: Zanpaktou, sword
Weapon’s name: Senbonzakura; “Thousand Cherry Blossom”
Powers: Flower petals of doom

Techniques
“Scatter, Senbonzakura”
-The blade glows in a pink aura and then separates into 1000 smaller blades that resemble petals from a cherry tree. These blades can be controlled and moved in any direction the wielder chooses. Each one of the “petals” has just as much density and sharpness as the original sword.
-Can be concentrated into a tightly packed area to act as a defense
-Can also be used to strike the enemy from several directions at once

Bankai
“Senbonzakura Kageyoshi”
-The original blade is dropped tip down and sinks into the ground. Several larger blades rise up from the ground to surround the battlefield. Every single one of these blades glows in a pink aura before splitting into a multitude of cherry-blossom-shaped blades. Their maximum numbers are somewhere in the millions.
-Used for much larger enemies and/or multiple enemies

Techniques unique to the Bankai
“Senkei Senbonzakura Kageyoshi”
-The user surrenders their entire defense in favor of offense. The multitudes of cherry blossom blades surround a large, fixed area of the battlefield. Neither the user nor the enclosed enemies can escape. The blossoms then take the shape of full-sized swords. The user of the Bankai can only wield one or two of these blades at a time. The wielder’s overall damage increases, but their own body is much more vulnerable than usual.

Other techniques
Shunpo
Bakudo #61: Rikujokoro
Bakudo #81: Danku; “Splitting Void” (incantation unknown)
-Creates a large, colorless barrier that blocks all attacks
-Can block attacks of strength of Hado #89 and less

---

Sweetie Belle

Weapon type: Zanpaktou, katana
Weapon’s name: Haineko; “Ash Cat”
Power: Ashes to ashes

Techniques
“Growl, Haineko”
-The blade reforms into a cloud of gray ashes. These ashes can move in any way the user chooses. They can still cut as deeply and hold the density of the original blade.
-Can ward off some attacks while also attacking the enemy from other directions

Other techniques
Hado #31: Shakkahou
Bakudo #9: Horin
Bakudo #81: Danku

---

Trixie

“Ahem.”

Oh, my mistake (sarcasm)

The Great and Powerful Trixie (bleh)

Weapon type: Zanpaktou, katana
Weapon’s name: Nijigasumi; “Rainbow Blade”
Powers: Light and illusion

Techniques
“Shine brightly, Nijigasumi”
-The blade shines in seven colors of light. It shimmers so rapidly that it is almost invisible. The light itself can blind the opponent to the point that they can’t see where the wielder really is.

“Flash and burn”
-Swinging the blade in an arc motion creates a myriad of blades made out of light. These blades can be launched forward as medium-damage projectiles.

“Saigyoku Nijigasumi”
-The enemy is surrounded in an orb of light. It can literally crush the shadows out of them as the spiritual energy implodes on itself.
-The orb is not escape-proof. A high enough concentration of spiritual energy from within can disperse the light and reduce the overall damage.

---

Fluttershy

Weapon type: Zanpaktou, katana
Weapon’s name: Wabisuke; “The Penitent One”
Powers: Weapon heaviness and decapitation

Techniques
“Raise your head, Wabisuke”
-The sword reshapes itself so that its blade resembles an upside-down L-shaped hook. One touch from this blade doubles the weight of any object it touches.
-Can be used to increase the weight of an enemy’s weapon exponentially.
-The sharp edge inside of the L can be used to sever an enemy’s neck without much resistance. Fluttershy herself refuses to utilize this particular power.

---

Scootaloo

Weapon type: Zanpaktou, katana
Weapon’s name: *Kagehime; “Shadow Princess”
Powers: Darkness of truth

Techniques
“Shroud the world in darkness, Kagehime”
-A dark aura surrounds the weapon as a second blade grows and is attached to the same hilt. It can essentially be used as a pole arm weapon that is grasped at its center.

“Shadow blade”
-A circle of swords made entirely of shadows forms in front of the user before being launched at the enemy as projectiles. This is most powerful at night when there is plenty of darkness to consume.

Bankai
“Tsukikura Kagehime” (Dark Moon Shadow Princess)
-The wielder drops Kagehime into her shadow. The shadow grows and wraps around the user creating the chainmail armor normally worn by Kagehime’s spirit.

Techniques unique to the Bankai
“Kage Bunshin” (Shadow Clone)
-The user creates physical copies of themselves from the shadows.
-Though this does limit their maximum power output, it is useful for attacking from multiple directions.

“Shadow Strangle”
-Though never addressed by name, this technique creates a limb from the shadows that can choke an enemy and suffocate them.

“Shadow Step”
-The user disappears and can emerge from any shadow that is in their sight
-Particularly useful at night when the entire battlefield is covered in shadows

*Kagehime and Kagehime’s powers were all used with permission from Leo Archon.

Other techniques
Shunpo
Bakudo #9: Horin
Bakudo #61: Rikujokoro

---

Pinkie Pie / Pinkamena Diane Pie

Weapons: Six flowers of the Hibiscus Shield; Zanpaktou, katana
Weapons’ names: Ayame, Baigon, Hinagiku, Lily, Shun’o, and Tsubaki; Kazeshini, “Death Wind”
Powers: Defense shield, “Healing” shield, and Attack shield; Wind scythes

Techniques
*Each of the three shield techniques are strengthened by the phrase “I reject”
“Santen Kesshun” (Three Sacred Links Shield)
-Hinagiku, Lily, and Baigon form a triangular shield between the user and the enemy to reject negative events, i.e. damage.
-The technique can also be used to protect allies of the user’s choosing

“Soten Kisshun” (Twin Sacred Return Shield)
-Ayame and Shun’o form an oval-shaped barrier to reject the negative phenomena inside the shield. This technique reverses the wear and tear of time inside. It essentially amounts to healing even though it’s more correct to say that it reverses time in a given space.
-Can be used on just about anything in the physical plane of existence
-Cannot be used to restore spiritual energy completely

“Koten Zanshun” (Solitary Sacred Cutting Shield)
-Tsubaki breaks through the enemy, forms a shield inside the enemy, and then repels the substance to split enemy in two.
-Can cut through pretty much anything
-Any hesitation from the user will weaken Tsubaki’s strength

“Reap, Kazeshini”
-The sword transforms into a pair of dark scythes. They are attached to each other by a long chain. They can slice through wind and slash the enemy. Each of them can be spun and thrown by the user to increase their momentum and consequently their killing power.
-Used mainly when Pinkie’s anger overwhelms her and straightens out her mane

---

Twilight Sparkle

Weapon type: A bow made entirely from reishi, spiritual energy
Powers: Arrows that draw their strength from the heart

Techniques
“Heilig Pfeil” (Holy Arrows)
-By drawing back her hoof from her bow, Twilight can form arrows made up of the spiritual energy within and around her. These arrows are lethal if they are accurate.

“Licht Regen” (Light Rain)
-This technique fires multiple Heilig Pfeil at once.
-It can fire up to 1200 arrows per second

Other Quincy-specific abilities/weapons
“Hirenkyaku” (Flying Screen Step)
-The user rides on a flow of reishi under their feet to move at high speeds

“Seele Schneider” (Soul Cutter)
-A unique arrow weapon that is the only blade weapon that a Quincy carries. The Reishi surrounding the weapon vibrates at 3 million revolutions per second. It loosens the bonds between the Reishi particles of whatever it cuts into.
-It is not meant for cutting normal materials like other swords are
-It can steal the enemy’s spiritual energy to increase its own length and power
-Gains more power when used as an arrow than when used as a blade

“Sprenger” (Explosion)
-Uses five Seele Schneiders in a pentagon-shaped seal. Releasing enough spiritual energy activates the seal, causing it to explode within its borders.
-Usually requires the enemy to be distracted in order to set up
-Should be reserved as the last attack

---

Applejack

Weapon type: Zanpaktou, katana
Weapon’s name: Zabimaru; “Snake Tail”
Powers: Whip it into shape

Techniques
“Roar, Zabimaru”
-The katana transforms into a six-part segmented blade. Each of these segments has a razor that can snag an enemy’s skin. The weapon can be stretched farther by the flexible sections in between the blade segments.
-After about three attacks, the weapon must be called back to its original length

Higa Zekko; “Bite of a Broken Baboon’s Fang”
-The segments of the sword are separated and levitated by the wielder’s spiritual energy. The segments then lash out in a one-shot, omnidirectional attack.
-Meant as a last resort
-Leaves Zabimaru and its wielder defenseless for a small time

Bankai
Hihio Zabimaru; “Baboon King Snake Tail”
-The sword becomes a much larger form of its shikai, resembling the skeleton of a snake. It is made of several segments and has the head of a snake at the end. The user also gains a fur cowl around their neck, kind of like an ape’s fur.
-The Bankai form doesn’t cut. Rather, it snags enemies and smashes them against the ground.
-The snake head can also cause damage by biting the enemy
-The multiple segments are held together by the wielder’s spiritual power. They can separate or reconfigure themselves at any time
-Should the Higa Zekko attack be used when Zabimaru is in Bankai form, the attack will be much more devastating than its shikai form

Technique unique to Bankai
Hikotsu Taiho; “Baboon Bone Cannon”
-A dense blast of concentrated, red spiritual energy is fired from Zabimaru’s mouth
-The resulting burst of energy usually breaks Zabimaru’s segments out of formation after the attack is finished

Other techniques
Hado #4: Byarkurai
Bakudo #4: Hainawa

---

Luna

Weapon type: Zanpaktou, katana
Weapon’s name: Hyorinmaru; “Ice Ring”
Powers: Weather manipulation and ice dragons

Techniques
“Reign over the frosted heavens, Hyorinmaru”
-Controls water and ice. The huge stream takes the shape of an Eastern Dragon that will freeze whatever it touches.
-The power is so great that it can cause clouds overhead to immediately start a thunderstorm
-Can also create waves of ice if swung towards the ground

Bankai
"Daiguren Hyorinmaru" (Grand Crimson Lotus Ice Ring)
-Ice flows from Hyorinmaru into the wielder. The ice around their sword arm resembles a dragon's head. More ice grows out of the wielder's shoulders, forming giant wings and a tail. On the wielder's other three limbs, the ice takes the form of dragonic claws. These ice limbs are moveable and can act as extensions of the wielder when needed.
-Three flowers made from purple ice float just behind the wielder. The longer the battle takes, the more the petals begin to melt away. In theory, the Bankai form ceases once all three of the flowers have melted completely.

Techniques unique to the Bankai
"Bankai Regeneration"
-If any of the icy limbs are broken or damaged, they can repair themselves by using the water in the air.

"Ice Wing Shield"
-The wings can wrap around the wielder to defend them from attacks.

"Ryusenka" (Dragon Hail Flower)
-When the opponent is stabbed, a huge burst of ice erupts from the point of contact, freezing and enclosing them. The ice is then shattered along with the enemy inside.

"Hyoryu Senbi" (Ice Dragon Swirling Tail)
-By swinging the blade linearly, a crescent-shaped flow of ice is launched forward.

Other techniques
Shunpo
Bakudo #77: Tenteikura; "Heavenly Charged Sky Net"
Black and white net. Twenty-two bridges, sixty-six crowns and belts. Footprints, distant thunder, sharp peak, engulfing land, hidden in the night, sea of clouds, blue line. Form a circle and fly though the heavens.
-Transmits the caster's voice to a large number of people/ponies/sentient beings at once. Requires symbols drawn on their limbs and the ground.
-Root-like extensions reach out into a glowing rectangle. Upon placing their hands (or in this case hooves) up to the rectangle, the extensions glow.
-The message is transferred mentally to any area of the practitioner's choosing.

Bakudo #79: Kuyo Shibari; "Nine Sunlight Traps" (incantation unknown)
-Eight black holes with purple outlines emit spiritual energy in the personal space around the target. A ninth hole manifests itself in the target's chest. Severely immobilizes an enemy.

---

Rainbow Dash

Weapon type: Zanpaktou, Pesh-kabz knife with cloth-wrappings
Weapon’s name: Zangetsu; “Slaying Moon”
Powers: Overwhelming force and energy waves

Techniques
Getsuga Tenshou; “Moon Fang, Heaven-Piercer”
-Zangetsu absorbs the wielder’s spiritual energy, condenses it, and then releases that energy from the tip of the blade. The energy takes the form of a bluish-white, crescent wave and follows the path where the sword was slashed.
-Capable of large-scale destruction
-Useful for countering other energy-based attacks
-Gains a much darker, red hue and more strength when used in Bankai

Bankai
Tensa Zangetsu; “Heaven Chain Slaying Moon”
-Spiritual energy wraps around the wielder and Zangetsu. Upon release, the wielder is robed in a black, worn-down cloak similar to the one worn by the Zangetsu spirit. The giant knife has been changed to the more conventional shape of most Zanpaktou katana. Its blade is entirely black and its cloth-wrappings have been traded for a chain made of black, metal links. Despite its smaller appearance, it is actually more durable than its shikai form.

Bankai specific abilities/techniques
Hyper-speed combat
-The wielder can utilize all of the power gained from the Bankai to greatly improve their speed. This can result in creating afterimages that confuse the opponent.

Enhanced strength
-As the name implies, Zangetsu's Bankai greatly enhances the wielder's strength.
-Most kido-based attacks are now useless against the wielder

Kuroi Getsuga; "Black Moon Fang"
-Still referred to as the Getsuga Tenshou, but it is much more powerful than the original attack
-Black attack wave with a red outline
-Has all the capabilities of the original Getsuga Tenshou with even more precision and control

---

Gilda

Weapon type: Zanpaktou, wakizashi
Weapon’s name: Suzumebachi; “Hornet”
Powers: Two-step death

Techniques
"Sting all enemies to death, Suzumebachi"
-The sword glows and shrinks in size. When the glow fades, Suzumebachi is in the form of a black and gold gauntlet. A small chain links this gauntlet to a stinger blade on the wielder's middle-most finger (or in Gilda's case, her claw).
-Despite its modest appearance, it can still block and counter the slashes of enemy sword attacks.

Nigeki Kessatsu; "Two-Step Death"
-The first strike is a stab by Suzumebachi's blade. It leaves behind a mark in the shape of a black butterfly. The mark is called a Homonka, "Bee Crest Flower". If struck in the same place twice, the opponent will undoubtedly die. When this form of death takes place, the two crests spread out and merge into a much larger crest. The enemy's body is demolished in a flash of red light.
-These Homonkas cannot be removed unless the wielder of Suzumebachi wills it. Alternatively, they will disappear if Suzumebachi's wielder is rendered incapable of fighting.
-Fun fact: Suzumebachi's blade secretes a poison that can act as an antidote for any other poison

Bankai
"Jakuho Raikoben" (Hornet Thunder Whip)
-Takes the form of a missile launch base that covers the wielder's entire arm, their shoulder, and has half of a face shield.

Technique unique to the Bankai
-Contrary to the quick and silent assassination method of Nigeki Kessatsu, Jakuho Raikoben can launch a large and loud missile that is attached to its base. The slit in the face shield enables the wielder to aim this missile when their arm is raised. The missile tracks its target and makes contact before creating a huge explosion.
-The resulting damage can shatter a number of buildings that happen to be in the same vicinity.

---

Discord

Weapon type: Zanpaktou, katana
Weapon’s name: Kyoka Suigetsu; “Mirror Flower, Water Moon”
Powers: Illusion

Techniques
"Shatter, Kyoka Suigetsu"
Kanzen Saimin; "Complete Hypnosis"
-Controls the five senses of anyone that has ever laid eyes on the shikai release (except for the wielder and anyone the wielder chooses)
-The target misinterprets form, shape, mass, feel, and smell
-Essentially allows the wielder to create illusions that distract the enemy, preventing the opponent from reacting to any "real" attack until it is too late.

---

Daisy

Weapon type: Zanpaktou, katana
Weapon’s name: Hisagomaru; “Gourd”
Powers: Healing charge and release

Techniques
"Fulfill, Hisagomaru"
-Unlike other Zanpaktou, Hisagomaru doesn't inflict damage. Instead, it heals the wounds of whomever it touches. Red smoke is emitted from the wound that it heals. A red lit gauge on the side of the blade fills up during that time. Small cuts will barely fill any of the gauge while giant injuries might fill the entire thing.

"Akeiro Hisagomaru" (Crimson-Colored Gourd)
-Once the gauge is completely filled, Hisagomaru takes the shape of a scalpel. It then concentrates all of the wounds it has accumulated into one massive attack. With a slashing motion, it releases a red energy wave that's nearly strong enough to take out a Menos Grande Hollow.
-Attacking with the shikai form after the first energy wave is difficult and has much less potency

---

Screwball

Weapon type: Zanpaktou, wakizashi
Weapon’s name: Shinso; “God Spear”
Powers: Stabby stabby

Technique
"Shoot to kill, Shinso"
-The blade glows white and extends at a high speed to impale enemies from a distance.
-Has tremendous force and can be swung in wide arcs to hit multiple targets

---

Steven

Weapon type: Zanpaktou, kodachi
Weapon's name: Raika; "Lightning Flash"
Power: Trumpet fire

Techniques
"Sever, Raika"
-The weapon transforms into a white longsword with a hooked end. Shell-like pipes form the hilt. These pipes emit fire from the holes and the release sounds like a trumpet horn.
-The blade can heat up and gain enough strength to resist energy based attacks as strong as the shikai form of Getsuga Tenshou
-It can shoot fireballs from the hook or concentrate the fire into the ground for high speed fissures of flame

---

Cheerilee

Weapon type: Zanpaktou, katana
Weapon’s name: Sogyo no Kotowari; “Truth of Pisces”
Powers: Energy redirection

Technique
"All waves, rise and become my shield. Lightning, strike and become my blade. Sogyo no Kotowari"
-The blade slowly peels apart and becomes two. A red chain connects the hilts and lengthens. Five silver square charms attach to the chain. Along the inside of the main blade, a smaller second blade juts out. It runs parallel to the main blade and faces inward instead of outward.
-The shikai ability allows Sogyo no Kotowari to absorb energy attacks in one blade, channel the attack through the five charms of the rope, and then fire the attack back through the other blade. The energy is accelerated, making it difficult for the opponent to dodge.
-The process is so fast that the attack looks like it comes directly from Sogyo no Kotowari.

---

Fancy Pants

Weapon type: Zanpaktou, daisho (taichi and wakizashi)
Weapon’s name: Katen Kyokotsu; “Flower Heaven, Crazy Bone”
Powers: Games grown-ups play

Technique
"Flower Wind rage and Flower God roar. Heavenly Wind rage and Heavenly Demon sneer. Katen Kyokotsu"
-After the poem-like command is finished, the pair of blades transforms into a pair of huge scimitars with red tassels dangling from the hilts. However, there is still a slight difference in size. The swords still act as a daisho, where the wakizashi is used for speed attacks and the taichi for power.
-Katen Kyokotsu's power is to "make games real". Anyone who steps in the boundaries of its spiritual pressure is bound to its rules. If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. (This power is not fully explored in this particular story.)

---

Fleur De Lis

Weapon type: Zanpaktou, katana
Weapon’s name: Nejibana; “Twisted Flower”
Powers: Force of the ocean waves

Technique
"Surge, Water and Sky. Nejibana"
-The blade gets twirled as it glows. It transforms into a cross between a trident, a Japanese spear, and a Chinese halberd. It has a blue horsehair tassel. The non-trident end of this weapon is corkscrew-shaped. Water flows freely from either end.
-Nejibana manipulates water in every motion. An attack from this weapon feels like the crushing force of a giant wave.

---

Cadance

Weapon type: Zanpaktou, katana
Weapon’s name: Tobiume; “Flying Plum Tree”
Powers: Snaps of fire

Techniques
"Snap, Tobiume"
-The blade straightens out and grows three jutte-like prongs along its length at varying intervals.
-In this shikai form, Tobiume can release fireballs from its blade that explode.
-The fireballs are accompanied by a crying sound like that of a seagull.

Other techniques
Bakudo #4: Hainawa

---

Shining Armor

Weapon type: Zanpaktou, katana
Weapon’s name: Gonryomaru; “Stern Spirit”
Powers: Piercing and lightning

Techniques
"Bite, Gonryomaru"
-The blade transforms into a rapier.
-Gonryomaru can manipulate lightning in its blade to attack the enemy.

Other technqiues
Bakudo #8: Seki; "Repulse" (incantation unknown)
-The practitioner creates an orb of light blue energy. It blocks attacks and repels whoever strikes it.

---

Zecora

Weapon type: Zanpaktou, katana
Weapon’s name: Hozukimaru; “Demon Light"
Powers: Extended spear and three-part nun chuck

Techniques
"Extend, Hozukimaru"
-The shikai release form looks like a spear with a wax wooden shaft. The pommel has a red horsehair tassel.
-It can deliver powerful blows.
-Stronger attacks can break it with ease.

"Split apart"
-What originally looked like a spear now takes the form of a three-sectioned weapon that can reattach and split at any given time. The three sections are connected by extendable chains.
-Allows for mid-range, flail-like attacks and catching first-time opponents off guard.

---

Celestia

Weapon type: Zanpaktou, katana
Weapon’s name: Ryujin Jakka; “Flowing Blade-Like Flame”
Powers: Set the world on fire

Techniques
"All creation turn to ash, Ryujin Jakka"
-The blade is covered with fire. The sheer aura from this released Zanpaktou can disintegrate anything that the sword is waved at, leaving nothing but ashes.
-Releasing this blade's full power could destroy the very thing that Celestia fights to protect. That's why she never releases it completely.

"Jokaku Enjo" (Fortress Blaze)
-An immense wall of flames surrounds the opponent and forms a huge contained sphere to imprison enemies.

Other techniques
Bakudo #63: Sajo Sabaku; "Locking Bondage Stripes" (incantation unknown)
-The user calls forth yellow energy, ensnaring the enemy in a thick rope.
-While similar to Hainawa, Sajo Sabaku is a much stronger technique that binds the enemy completely and not just their arms.

---

David

Weapon type: Zanpaktou, shikomizue
Weapon’s name: Benihime; “Crimson Princess”
Powers: Crimson energy techniques

Techniques
"Awaken, Benihime"
-Benihime transforms into a mid-sized sword with a razored edge instead of the traditional point. The hilt bends forward at the end with a crimson colored tassel hanging from its base.

"Scream, Benihime"
-Fires strong and destructive energy blasts that flow in arcs of the sword's swings.
-Can be charged up to deal even more damage

"Blood Mist Shield"
-A crimson, hexagon-shaped barrier forms in front of the blade. Protects the wielder from any damage.
-Can block physical and energy-based attacks, though stronger energy attacks can cause the shield to errode.

Other techniques
Hado #4: Byakurai
Hado #54: Haien; "Abolishing Flames" (incantation unknown)
-Fires a blast of purple fire energy that incinerates a target completely upon contact, practically making its target nonexistent

Hado #91: Senju Koten Taiho; "Thousand-Hand, Bright Heaven Culling-Sear"
Limit of the thousands hands, respectful hands, unable to touch the darkness. Shooting hands unable to reflect the blue sky. The road that basks in light, the wind that ignited the embers, time that gathers when both are together, there is no need to be hesitant, obey my orders. Light bullets, eight bodies, nine items, book of heaven, diseased treasure, great wheel, grey fortress tower. Aim far away, scatter brightly and cleanly when fired
-Ten pink energy spheres are fired at a single focal point. The resulting explosion is over-the-top devastation.

Bakudo #1: Sai
Bakudo #61: Rikujokoro

---

Screw Loose

Weapon type: Zanpaktou, katana
Weapon’s name: Muramasa; “Village-Just”
Powers: Turning enemy Zanpaktou against their masters

Techniques
"Whisper, Muramasa"
-Muramasa shines in a bright purple light releasing purple energy in a large surrounding area. Any Zanpaktou in the area will turn on their wielders, attacking them and their allies independently from their masters' control.

Zanpaktou Manifestation
-Muramasa's spirit can manifest in the real world and use his powers independently from his wielder.
-He can also cross into the inner worlds of his targets and force the Zanpaktou's spirit into the real world. This often confuses that spirit and causes it to give in to its negative emotions.
-Only a strong spiritual energy lock can resist Muramasa's hypnotic effects.
---

Author's Note:

*Sigh*
I really don't have an excuse for why this took so long. I shouldn't have kept you all waiting so long for this.
At least I can sort of relax now. This is one less incomplete story that I have to feel guilty about putting off.

Comments ( 7 )

697818 Thanks for the warning :twilightsmile:

6434385
And that's why I need to watch more Bleach.

837648
Zangetsu isn't weird, it's awesome!

8677972
That comment was like 6 years ago. Why would I care?

Damn good story. I'm glad i read it. Last few chapters however felt rushed as hell to finish. Still enjoyed it but wish it lasted longer. More fleshing out of tundra and shiryuki woulda been nice. Anyways tho. Hope this comment finds you well author. Also loved the nods and memes to popular media.

what happened to chapters 2 through 8?

9639315
I decided they were too short individually and weren't moving the story at all. I ended up collecting them altogether and put the words together with Ch. 1. Of course, it happened more than five years ago, so I might have forgotten the complete reason.

Login or register to comment