• Published 24th Dec 2014
  • 2,755 Views, 258 Comments

Amor Vincit Omnia - BRyeMC



A continuation of the tale following Clyde's fateful meeting with Rarity.

  • ...
12
 258
 2,755

The (Love) Tales of Two "Rarities"

The sun was setting on the horizon as Rarity and Sunset Shimmer were sitting at the Canterlot High steps facing the old statue in the courtyard. Sunset closed the book she was writing in and looked over at Rarity.

"Are you nervous?"

"Nervous about what exactly? Meeting my 'long lost identical twin sister?'" answered Rarity with a smile. "I'm not nervous. I just hope I can help her."

"I'm sure you will," comforted Sunset.

Suddenly, the base of the statue began to glow and, without warning, a girl stumbled out of it and fell to the ground. She had troubles standing up, but after some wobbles and balancing drills, the girl stood almost perfectly straight and gave her outfit a few pats.

Rarity got off of the steps and slowly walked towards the girl. As she got closer, the girl's details became to get more clear and soon, Rarity found herself standing in front of herself. The only noticeable difference between them was their clothing. Rarity's skirt was a light purple while Rarity from Equestria's was pure white. Another difference was Rarity's diamond hair clip was the other girl's bracelet.

The two girls looked at each other head-to-toe in amazement. Rarity thought she was looking in a mirror as the girl in front of her was physically identical to her in every way. If it wasn't for the different colored skirt and the fact she had a ring on her left hand, she knew other people might easily get confused.

"My, I look simply gorgeous as a human!" rejoiced Rarity from Equestria.

"Please, you're far too kind," replied Rarity with a wave of the hand. "I bet I look majestic as a pony, too."

"No, it's true! Your hair is so voluminous and perfect, your clothes are stylish, and your figure is so feminine that boys probably go crazy over." Rarity from Equestria grinned. "You are stunning and beautiful!"

"No, Rarity. We are stunning and beautiful." Both Raritys gave a playful and full of pride giggle and hugged each other tightly as if they were the best of friends or long lost sisters.

"I always wanted to meet you!" cooed Rarity from Equestria. "Twilight told me so many stories of you when she came here to help. She told me how you designed all the dresses for the dances!"

Rarity placed a hand on her chest. "Not just that, but I also made clothes for our band and the Friendship Games a few years ago. I love being the group's fashion advisor." Rarity looked at Rarity from Equestria and looked back at Sunset. "How about we go sit down instead of standing here?"

"Of course. Lead the way."

Rarity nodded and took a few steps before hearing a girly shriek and thud. Rarity sheepishly grinned before she quickly helped the other Rarity up and held her arm to guide her towards the steps. After about ten or so slow steps, Rarity from Equestria got the basic concept of walking on only two legs. The Raritys sat down on the first set of steps and looked up at Sunset.

"Rarity, I'm not sure if you know Sunset Shimmer."

"Hi," greeted Sunset politely with a wave.

"I know her," replied Rarity from Equestria. "Twilight explained what happened before and after the events of the first Fall Formal when she came to this world the first time."

"Yeah... I'm sorry about all of that," apologized Sunset as she rubbed her arm.

"Not a problem, darling. I'm just happy you are a good friend to my human-self." Rarity from Equestria gave a warm smile.

Sunset nodded with a smile of her own before she closed the book and stood up. "Twilight wanted me to watch over you two just so crazy things don't happen, but I'm sure you want to talk privately. I'll just sit by the statue."

"No, that's alright, Sunset. You certainly don't have to leave," beckoned Rarity.

"It's not a problem." Sunset hopped down the stairs and walked over to the statue. She leaned her back against the side of it and sat down, waving at the two before returning to the book. The Raritys gave a wave before they turned their attention on each other.

"So..." began Rarity awkwardly, "what can I help you with? Twilight never told Sunset and me."

Rarity from Equestria grinned and quickly looked around and patted her body all over. "Oh no! Please tell me it came with me!"

"Pardon?"

After some failed attempts, Rarity from Equestria finally reached into her boot and happily gasped as she touched something. Within a flash, she pulled out a rectangular shaped object and showed it to Rarity.

Rarity looked at the photograph and gasped at what she saw. There in the picture, as if they were taking a selfie, if anyone could even call it that, were two ponies smiling away. More specifically, the one on the right was gray with a black mane, the teal eyes being a noticeable feature that Rarity quickly realized matched Clyde's. On the left side of the picture and having her head close and squished against his was a pristine-looking unicorn, her violet, curly mane covering one of her sapphire eyes. Rarity quickly looked up in shock.

"Do you understand now?" asked Rarity from Equestria gingerly. "Twilight told me you and your Clyde was getting married and since I have been dating my Clyde for a month or two now, I decided to come visit you and talk about him."

Rarity smiled and flashed her ring. "You are correct."

"How beautiful!" gushed Rarity from Equestria as she held up Rarity's hand to her eyes. "Human rings are so much smaller than ours, but nonetheless, they are so pretty!"

Rarity smiled at her compliment and looked down at the picture again. "A unicorn?" said Rarity in awe. "I look so adorable! As does Clyde! He looks like he could easily protect you."

Rarity from Equestria blushed. "He is really strong, and someone who is excellent to cuddle with." She giggled. "His strength is what makes him an earth pony after all. I needed someone who I could feel safe around. I'm sure Clyde here does the same."

"He does. I never once felt in danger when I knew he was with me." Rarity gave her pony-now-turned-human-self a smile and placed the photo on her lap. "So, did you want to know how we fell in love? Unfortunately Clyde is with some friends right now so hopefully my side of the story will be enough for you."

Rarity from Equestria beamed in anticipation. "That would be lovely! And now that you mention it, my Clyde is also with some of his friends today. It's the whole reason why I went to Twilight's." Rarity from Equestria laughed before becoming almost stoic. "However, there is something else besides how you met that I want to know if it's not a problem..."

"And what is that?"

Rarity from Equestria gave a big smile. "I want to know how you feel when he is around you or in your mind."

Rarity blinked to decipher the question before grinning and closing her eyes. "I'm sure you'll get that answer after we exchange stories. I would also love to know how my adorable unicorn-self met my even more adorable pony version of my future husband."

"Since Clyde and I haven't been together as long as you and and your Clyde, would you mind going first?" asked Rarity from Equestria quietly and embarrassed.

"Of course!" Rarity elegantly coughed into her palm and leaned back into the steps to look at the now nearly orange sky. "It started near the time Twilight first came to this world. I first met Clyde when he nearly tackled me in the stands during gym class trying to save me from a basketball."

"He met you by running into you!?" asked Rarity surprised and suddenly with a curious gaze.

Rarity smiled. "Indeed. At the moment I did not think he would be the love of my life either. It wasn't until a few weeks went by and Pinkie organized some fundraiser for the school. To get boys to participate, she hid my name and the rest of the girls' into balloons and whoever popped that specific ballon, that girl would have to spend the day with them."

"So, Clyde managed to pop the balloon that had your name, hmm?"

"Actually... no."

"No?!"

"Clyde popped the balloon that had Pinkie's name. One of his friends managed to get mine. As they were walking down the hallway a few minutes later, the two ran into one of our teachers and they accidentally switched winners. Which by now, I'm glad they got switched." Rarity cleared her throat and let the gentle breeze flow through her hair before continuing. "So, soon, we began texting each other, you know, the thing we do with these?" Rarity pulled out her phone.

Rarity from Equestria nodded. "Twilight told me about them, yes. Those devices would be extremely lovely to have, but we have to manage with the slower mail system."

Rarity laughed. "We still use mail in this world, but almost everyone now uses phones. Anyway, a few weeks later, Clyde was telling me how nervous he was about trying out for the school basketball team. To try to cheer him up, I asked him if he wanted to to see a movie with me. I made him even more nervous after saying that." Rarity giggled.

"My Clyde was nervous about our first date as well," replied Rarity from Equestria with a small smile. "It was rather adorable seeing someone who acted all tough finally show some affection."

"So, after dinner and the movie, I began to think of all that had happened between the two of us. I knew Clyde liked me and I was beginning to feel the same about him. There was something about him that made me feel comfortable and I was beginning to like the feeling."

"That warm, fuzzy feeling?" spoke Rarity from Equestria before blushing again. "I know it might sound cliché, but it's what I felt, too."

Rarity sighed in bliss and put her hand on her heart. "Yes. That feeling of love being born is incredible."

"Did you two become a couple then soon after your date?"

"No," said Rarity with a gentle shake of the head. "We began talking to each other more and more and I was waiting for him to ask me if I wanted to be his girlfriend, which I would have happily accepted at the time, but it wasn't until Christmas until anything happened." Rarity frowned. "Clyde went into a depression spell for nearly the whole month."

"Oh no! What happened?!"

"His brother was deployed to another country, and since Clyde didn't have his parents, he feared he was meant to be alone forever."

Rarity from Equestria was silent for a few moments. Rarity could see something troubled her. "His parents aren't in this world either..." She said sadly.

Rarity looked at the ground and sighed. "Unfortunately, no. They are not."

"Clyde told me about his brother and his parents. His brother is actually living in Canterlot with him, but his parents passed away when he was young."

"At least he still has his brother," said Rarity in relief, "and more importantly, at least he has you."

Rarity from Equestria looked at her strangely. "Huh?"

Rarity's smile began to appear. "I went over to his house to break him out of his depression. I cried in front of him telling him how much people cared about him. I told him how much I cared about him. Once he saw me cry, he broke out of his daze and comforted me as his heart never wanted to see me upset or in pain. On New Year's Eve, we shared our first kiss, well, several first kisses, and we finally became a couple." Rarity could tell she was smiling fully. Every single time she told people about those two nights, smiling was the only thing she could do.

Rarity from Equestria had tears of happiness in her eyes and she began to rub them away. "I can only imagine that feeling. I would have done the same if my Clyde acted like that."

"Eventually, our last year of high school flew by and Clyde and I spent the following year away from each other to live our dreams. I managed to design clothes in Manehattan while Clyde played basketball overseas to hopefully be able to play in this country once he returned."

"Manehattan!?" asked Rarity from Equestria curiously and full of excitement. "I also went there to design clothes for a while. I love that city! So much to do and explore!"

"Yes, the city is divine, but being there alone had its problems." Rarity adjusted herself on the steps and leaned her head forward and placed her elbows on her knees. She gave a long sigh that Rarity from Equestria noticed. "Like Clyde during the holidays the year I met him, I too began to get depressed. Even though I occasionally was able to talk to him, it wasn't the same as him physically beside me." Rarity felt a tear splash down on her skirt. "I was scared I would never see him again since he was so far away..."

Rarity from Equestria was silent as she watched her human-self break down and gently cry. She scooted her body to her side and gave her a quick hug. Rarity looked at her and after seeing a teary smile, she found herself instantly feeling better.

"Did he surprise you and visited you?"

Rarity shook her head. "He sent me a hand-written letter. It was even sent with a single rose. He told me to stay strong. So that's what I did. I did it because I loved him and I wanted to see him again."

"So, then what happened?"

Rarity looked at her and she saw a sparkle of anticipation in her pony-now-turned-human-self's eyes. "Well, last night, we both reunited in this town's park. It was the first time we saw each other in person in over a year and it was simply magical."

The sparkles in her eyes grew. "How magical?!"

Rarity giggled. "It seemed like such a blur, but it was filled with so much passion and romance. It was easily the best night of my life." Rarity took a glance at her ring and flashed a smile that twinkled. "I wish I could explain but it's something that is impossible to tell others word-for-word." Rarity slyly smirked and looked over at the other Rarity. "I'm sure you will experience that moment eventually."

Rarity from Equestria blushed and she nervously rubbed her fingers together. "I sure hope so... I always dreamed of having a wedding with the stallion of my dreams. The whole reason I'm here is because I think Clyde might be the one..."

Rarity gave her a grin and waved her on. "Enough about me, I think it's your turn to tell me how you two ponies met!"

"Ours will be so lackluster compared to yours!" exclaimed Rarity from Equestria nervously. "We have only been together for a few months compared to years!"

"That's quite alright. I'm sure it's still special to you. Everyone has their own unique love story." Rarity winked.

Rarity from Equestria smiled and she gave a nod. "Very well then. We first met when I was moving some boxes into my newly founded boutique in Canterlot. I had a few stacks of boxes, containing many fabrics I had a surplus of in my Ponyville boutique, and I was trying to lift them into the store with my magic. My magic couldn't quite handle all the heavy boxes and while trying to move around to stop them from falling, I accidentally ran into Clyde who was at the time walking by to explore some of Canterlot's finest shops."

"I see we already share a similarity," giggled Rarity.

"One of my boxes landed on him, and nervous that I hurt him, I quickly helped him off the ground and led him inside my boutique. He constantly told me he was fine and unscathed, but I tied an extra piece of fabric around his back as a bandage just in case." Rarity from Equestria giggled this time. "That look in his eye when he saw the bright pink bandage on him was quite comical, but even still, he told me he was sorry for running into me and he even carried all the boxes of fabric inside, even though I was the one who ran into him!"

"That sounds like Clyde, all right." Rarity smiled.

Rarity from Equestria blushed. "Normally I would always flirt or seduce stallions with my charm to get them to help me with something or get something, but Clyde helped without me asking or even trying to flirt with him, and even still when I ran into him. I did catch him staring at me a few times as he was helping, but he said he didn't mind helping and before he left after all the boxes were safety inside, I stopped him."

"You asked him out on a date, didn't you?"

"I did," replied Rarity from Equestria with a smile. "It was the least I could do. I said I just wanted to grab a quick lunch or dinner with him to thank him for all the help and apologize for the bandage. I could tell he was extremely nervous about it, but also excited."

Rarity nodded. It was crazy how similar her story with Clyde and the other Rarity's story was matching, but she also knew Clyde was her soulmate. The pony Rarity and Clyde had to be connected if she and her Clyde was.

"We went to a small restaurant in Canterlot and talked for a few hours. We told each other a few things about each other, like our family and what we were doing. Clyde told me he was in Canterlot to reunite with his older brother and join the Guard with him. He also took interest in my fashion hobby and told me all the dresses he saw in the boutique were as beautiful as their creator." Rarity from Equestria flashed her biggest smile of the evening.

"And then he got embarrassed and you told him that was normal and you thought his blushes were adorable?" Rarity looked at her with raised eyebrows.

"Why, yes. How did you ever guess that?" said Rarity from Equestria astonished.

"Oh, I'm just good at these sort of things."

"I see. Your Clyde must have told you the same thing," giggled Rarity from Equestria. "But anyway, he walked me back to my shop and we stared at each other awkwardly for a few moments when we arrived. I wanted to ask him if he wanted to hang out again someday, but he abruptly left without saying anything other than bye." Rarity from Equestria frowned. "I was really upset. I honestly thought he didn't ever want to see me again."

"What happened? Was he nervous that he was falling for you?"

"No, it was something a little more romantic than that," answered Rarity with a small smile. "A few days after not hearing from him or seeing him, on my way to a shop in Canterlot, I saw Clyde walking down the street. I found courage to talk to him so I walked in front of him and stared in his eyes saying I wanted to talk to him. I wanted to tell him I was sorry for whatever I did to make him not want to see me again."

"How did he respond?"

Rarity from Equestria didn't say anything for a few seconds. Rarity looked over at her to see if she was okay, but she saw her face was lit up in joy about something. "Clyde pulled me aside away from other ponies so we could talk. He told me he never hated me. He really liked me and he was afraid."

Rarity nodded and put her hand on her chin. "Ah, yes. A typical boy answer."

"He was afraid to get really close to me because he knew he was a part of the Guard," clarified Rarity from Equestria. "He knew how dangerous the job could be if a threat invaded or attacked Canterlot and he didn't want to see my heart break if we became something and something happened to him. Canterlot wasn't exactly in danger at the time, but no one ever knows. It could happen at anytime. In the end, he just wanted me to be happy at all times without the risk of a heartbreak."

"Aww... What did you say back?" asked Rarity in suspense. While her first memories with her Clyde were similar to pony Rarity's, she was pleased and intrigued to see how different they were as well. She always believed that every person, and even pony in this case, had a unique way of finding love and it was always a thrill of hearing about it.

"I simply told him that he made me happy." Rarity saw tears stream down her other-self's eyes and she even began to feel her eyes begin to tear up as well. "Clyde was taken back by that comment but I told him I enjoyed our dinner together tremendously and I wanted to ask him if he wanted to do it again sometime but he left before I could. He apologized and told me he would love to, but again, he repeated what he said to me. I said I didn't care as I wanted to spend more time with him. Eventually he caved in because he finally realized I would be distraught if he just stopped talking to me."

"How adorable!"

"So, within a few weeks and after a few more dates, we finally kissed under a starlit night after a festival we went too. The picture I handed you was from that night." Rarity from Equestria looked up at the now bright starry sky. "He makes me feel so happy and I know he constantly thinks about me and making sure I am safe from harm, and I know I can count on him."

Rarity looked up at the sky with her. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. With a smile she opened her eyes and looked at her other-self. "So, to answer your question from before... Do you really want to know how I feel when Clyde is around in one simple word?"

Rarity from Equestria broke out of her daze. "I would love to know."

"Complete." Rarity stood up and kept her eyes vexed on the stars. "Whenever Clyde is around, I feel like my heart, soul, and mind are finally complete. I love him so much that when he wasn't around, I felt like a part of all of those were missing. Love is about finding that one person that makes you happy and feeling completeness is one of the best ways to do so. It's like an eternal bliss that nothing can stop." Rarity looked down at the other Rarity. "If you truly love him, tell him everyday. He tells me everyday and I do the same. Make sure he knows you will always be there for him and support him in everything he does as he will reciprocate them."

Rarity from Equestria stared at Rarity as if it was the first time they met. She slowly stood up and Rarity saw the flood of happy tears rain down her cheeks. "That is exactly what I feel, too... I love my friends and family back in Equestria very much, but the feeling I get around him is so much different. It's so empowering that I can't even fully describe it to anyone else if that makes any sense. He makes my heart and mind so warm and peaceful as if I'm in a lovely dream."

"It's only going to get stronger as time goes on," stated Rarity happily. "I seem to fall more in love with Clyde each passing second, minute, day, and year. I couldn't imagine what it feels like without him at this point."

"I don't want to imagine life without him either..."

Rarity smiled. "Then it seems our Clydes are indeed our soulmates." Rarity beckoned the other Rarity over and the two hugged tightly. Rarity heard some sniffles, but she herself wasn't as emotional as her pony-human-self. She was glad she was able to help her out in her love dilemma with her fiancé's pony form, though. She loved helping others, but she never imagined in all of her life she would ever give herself love advice about her own lover. It was a strange situation for any normal person, but she knew she wasn't a normal person. She was Rarity after all.

"Thank you, Rarity," spoke Rarity from Equestria, tears still in her eyes and her voice somewhat still emotional. "You told me what I wanted to hear."

"Not a problem." Rarity hugged her pony-now-human-self tighter. "I'm just happy I could help you. I know what you are going through and I know how much a girl's heart in love deals with." Rarity withdrew from her other and the two shared a smile. Rarity looked at her sternly. "Just promise me you won't do anything rash when you see your Clyde again. You know he gets nervous about certain things. I don't want you to go around and suggesting to him you are ready to get married. If you two continue your loving and growing relationship, you will get to that stage."

"I promise I won't do that! Things like that shouldn't be rushed!" Rarity from Equestria gave a confident nod. "Trust me, Rarity. I'm not even thinking about that yet. I just want to keep spending time with him and like you said, eventually get to that point, but in the future."

Rarity smiled. "Perfect. Then I wish you the best."

Rarity from Equestria mimicked the smile. "As do I."

A moment went by as the two were silent. Rarity wasn't sure what to do now since she had helped her pony-self, but she figured she could find something to do. She didn't want to say goodbye to her quite yet. Rarity quickly pulled out her phone and opened up the pictures app.

"I'll show you some pictures since you showed me yours!" Rarity held her phone between herself and the other Rarity and opened up the picture of her and Clyde from just the prior night at the park. Rarity from Equestria blushed as soon as she saw it.

"Oh my. Clyde is extremely handsome as a human..."

Rarity looked over at her. "You might be dating pony Clyde, but this is my world and human Clyde belongs to me. I will not allow anything unless I am involved." She winked but turned serious again.

"I know!" giggled Rarity from Equestria, her face still a pink tint. "I only jest!"

"That's what I thought." Rarity dropped her serious façade and giggled with her before continuing her photo adventure on her phone.

Rarity from Equestria looked on in awe as Rarity explained what each photo meant and some extra details about it. Most of the pictures she had on her phone composed of her year at Manehattan, some clothing designs and actual clothes, her friends and family, some random trips and vacations, and of course Clyde. Rarity had an incredible sense of nostalgia going through some older photos, but she did think it was neat how her life transpired through the years.

Rarity could tell Rarity from Equestria also enjoyed the time viewing the photos. Whenever a photo had her friends, and especially her parents and Sweetie Belle, Rarity from Equestria stopped her so she could examine how they all looked and wore. She was also fascinated with the pictures during the high school years as ponies didn't exactly have anything like that in Equestria and Rarity's various clothing creations that she made over the years.

An hour blurred by and all the photos were beginning to repeat. "Well, unfortunately that's all I have for tonight," said Rarity disappointed. She put her phone back into her boot and looked over at her other-self. "Hopefully you can forgive me for such a small amount."

"A small amount?" answered Rarity from Equestria shocked, "that was hundreds of fabulous pictures! That is more than plenty!"

"Good," said Rarity with a smile. She looked down at her lap and gave the picture of pony Clyde and herself and handed it to the other Rarity. "Thank you for showing me this. Here you are."

Rarity from Equestria blinked and suddenly frowned. "You don't want it? I thought you might have liked it..."

"Oh! I didn't—"

"Keep it," stated Rarity from Equestria with a smile. "I brought it to give it to you so you could show your Clyde and maybe have it to remember me. Clyde and I have many pictures of us back in Equestria so we won't be missing this one."

"I'll always remember talking to you. You don't have to worry about that." Rarity smiled and looked at the picture. She pulled out her purse wallet and dug through it. After a quick moment of digging through her makeups and change, she opened up the flap behind her license and took out a small photo of her and Clyde when they were in Manehattan for the first time. "We have a myriad of pictures as well, so please, take this back with you." Rarity handed the picture over.

Rarity from Equestria looked it over and gave another one of her many smiles from the night. "You two are simply perfect. Thank you."

Rarity winked. "Not a problem. Anything to help you out."

The girls sat there for a few more minutes until they saw Sunset begin her walk towards them. She gave a look at the Raritys and rubbed her back.

"How are you two doing? I can't sit against that statue anymore, it's hurting my back."

"I think we just finished up," said Rarity from Equestria who quickly frowned. "I guess it's time for me to return back to Equestria since the moon has risen well over the city now." She stood up and looked at Sunset and then Rarity. "This world is rather interesting to say the least, but it was lovely to meet you both, especially you, Rarity." Tears were in her eyes.

Rarity grabbed her pony-turned-human's wrist. "You don't have to leave yet."

"Yeah, I didn't come here to tell you to go back," said Sunset. "I just wanted to stand up. You can stay as long as you want. I'll let Twilight know."

"Really?! Clyde told me he probably wouldn't be home tonight and I was having such a grand time here!" Rarity from Equestria's eyes were lit up before she coughed in embarrassment. "I'm terribly sorry. I should have asked if you wanted me to stay longer. I probably ruined your nights."

Rarity stood up and laughed. "Nothing to be embarrassed about. I would love to keep spending time with you since you are so eager. Oh! I know what we can do! I'll show you my shop!"

"That sounds delightful! I would enjoy that tremendously. I want to examine human clothes in detail to see how different they are created compared to pony clothing."

Rarity nodded and smirked. "Also, if you wait long enough, you might even meet Clyde."

Rarity from Equestria grinned. "Even better!"

The two Raritys giggled like they were gossiping during a school lunch as Sunset shook her head, unable to see the love and excitement the two girls had for one boy.

* * * * *

It was close to ten in the evening by the time Clyde pulled up to Rarity's shop in his regular parking spot. He noticed Sunset was outside the building leaning on the wall as she looked at her motorcycle that was parked in front of Clyde's car.

"Hey, Sunset," greeted Clyde. "Is Rarity home yet?"

"You could say that..." Sunset looked at him and tried to hide a chuckle, but failed.

"What's wrong?" Clyde looked in the window to see the darkened room. "Are the lights supposed to be off?"

Sunset kept her eyes on her motorcycle. "I think she rushed into the house to use the bathroom without turning on the lights. We just got here. I'm about to head home for the night."

Clyde scratched his head. "Oh. Well, I hope you have a good night then." Clyde gave her a wave and entered the shop.

As Clyde walked inside, Sunset quickly pulled out her phone and opened up the camera and video app."And now we wait..." she laughed.

Clyde meanwhile flicked on the lights of the shop and looked around. Nothing was out of place from what he could tell and he slowly walked towards the kitchen. He knew something was going on since Sunset was nonchalantly waiting outside, but he didn't know what. He almost reached the kitchen before a girl walked out of the shop floor's changing room.

"There you are," said Clyde happily. He gave Rarity a look and rubbed his chin. "A white skirt? That's new. I like it though." He walked over to her and grabbed her hands as he lovingly smiled at her.

Rarity looked up at him and her face blazed red. "I-I was just trying to see how it looked! D-do you really like it?"

"You know I like anything you wear. I even like it when you don't wear anything." Clyde chuckled at his rare attempt at humor and he noticed Rarity was blushing harder. He placed the back of his hand on her forehead and then lifted up her chin. "What's wrong? You seem extremely nervous about something."

"W-what! No! It's just I'm super happy to see you!" Rarity nervously laughed as she looked into his eyes. She gripped his arms but quickly gasped and returned her arms to her sides. "I-I'm sorry!"

Clyde looked at her strangely. Rarity loved gripping his arms. "Okay..."

"Clyde, I'm sorry," apologized the white-skirted Rarity, her face still a bright pink. "I just never expected to see you tonight." She gave a smile.

"I thought I told you I was only spending the afternoon with my friends. Spending time with you again after not seeing you for a year is what I truly care about."

"Oh, Clyde..." Rarity's eyes began to tear up. "You are so romantic..."

Clyde gave her a loving smile as he gently put his hands on her face. They stared at each other with smiles before Clyde slowly leaned his head forward to kiss her. He was a mere few inches from her mouth before he heard her reply.

"Clyde! How dare you try to kiss me and not me!"

Clyde opened his eyes and looked at Rarity. She smiled before departing away from him and stepping aside. Behind her, Clyde's mouth dropped as he saw another girl that looked exactly like the Rarity he was accustomed to. This Rarity had her hands on her hips and she glared at Clyde before giggling.

"Oh, thank heavens," stated Rarity from Equestria with a breath of relief. "I was getting so nervous that I might have kissed him. I hope you wouldn't have been extremely angry."

Rarity shrugged. "I would have been somewhat angry, but at least if he kissed another girl in front of me, it would have been another me." Rarity walked up to him and stood beside her white-skirted self. The two of them smiled at Clyde as he continued to take glances at the two of them.

Other than the minor different colored skirt , the diamond hair clip and bracelet, and the engagement ring, the two Raritys looked identical. They were the same height. They had the same stunning smile. They even had the same enchanting eyes. Clyde was simply amazed and confused on how he was this blessed seeing, not one, but two angels in front of him.

"I... Um... How..." stuttered Clyde.

"What's wrong, darling?" asked Rarity with a giggle. "You can't handle two of me?"

"I don't blame him," spoke Rarity from Equestria. "Just imagine the drama."

"Oh, I know! Nothing would ever get done! We would gossip all the time instead of making designs!"

"I... How?..." repeated Clyde.

"Clyde, this is my pony-self from Equestria! You know, that place I talked about before where Princess Twilight is from?" Rarity saw Clyde's blank and confused expression. "It's alright, darling. I can understand your confusion, but luckily you have us to help you tonight!" The two Raritys looked at each other before nodding and giggling as they quickly rushed forward and hugged at his sides. They both snuggled into his torso.

Clyde looked at the two Raritys around his torso, one for each side, before he looked outside to the streets. He saw Sunset wave with her phone out before she was seen laughing. Clyde looked back at the two Raritys. Even though he was super confused, he gave a small smile.

Nothing was wrong with two Raritys for the night.

Author's Note:

:raritywink:

I always wanted to make this chapter, so hopefully you guys/girls liked it!