• Published 24th Dec 2014
  • 2,740 Views, 258 Comments

Amor Vincit Omnia - BRyeMC



A continuation of the tale following Clyde's fateful meeting with Rarity.

  • ...
12
 258
 2,740

Amor Meus Aeternus

* * * * *

"I told you, my brother, and your parents so many times how much you mean to me, but I just want to tell you again that you are the most beautiful angel I've ever met, and I'm super lucky to not only be best friends with her, but also be loved by her." Clyde's smile continued to grow and Rarity felt herself even mimic it. "Before I met you, I never knew what it was like to be able to look at someone and smile for no reason. The one thing I missed everyday while overseas was seeing you, that beautiful smile, and those alluring eyes of yours that always could cheer me up. You will always be my motivation and I never want to be that far away from you again as my mind is filled with an incredible sense of euphoria when you are near me that I refuse to let go."

"I simply can't imagine being far away from you again either, Clyde. You, too, bring me a sense of happiness, protection, and love that helps me get through any hard time in my life. Hearing your voice while I was in Manehattan after I got back to my apartment from a long and tough day always made my night." Rarity felt her eyes fill with tears, but she didn't want to cry in front of him now. She looked down at her hands that were held in his for a brief moment before giving him a warm smile. "Clyde. You made my life a living fairy tale that I had always dreamed about and thought was only possible in movies. I love you more than the stars love the clear nights."

Clyde smirked as he gave a slight chuckle. "I promise I will continue being the prince you always wanted in your life."

"You are the best prince I could ever ask for," said Rarity with a flirty wink. "Please don't change. You don't need to impress me anymore nor do you have to. The same boy I fell in love with nearly three years ago is still the same boy who stands in front of me now. Although, now, that boy is now a man with his eyes set on keeping his girlfriend happy. I cannot detest that, and I shall make sure I treat him with the same amount of love as he treats me with his."

"Seeing you happy is all I need to see for me to be happy."

"And you are doing a wonderful job, darling."

Clyde laughed before looking up at the sky. He kept his smile before looking at Rarity. She could see a slight glimmer in his eyes that she never saw before. "Do you remember what I wrote in that note attached to that stuffed bear I sent you for Christmas?"

Rarity sat there for a few moments thinking before the sudden thought of the note came to her at once. "Why, yes. You told me to stay strong and that my other presents were sent to my house for when I returned."

"And that I also had another gift–"

"–that you wanted to give me in person." Rarity looked at him with a sly smirk as she cut him off.

Clyde nodded before giving a laugh. Without saying anything, Clyde gently released his grip on her hands and used his right hand to reach into the pockets of his sweatpants. Rarity watched him carefully and as she saw Clyde pull out a certain object from his pocket, she quickly placed her hand over her mouth and she felt tears grow in her eyes again. In one fluent motion, Clyde gave her a loving smile as he dropped on his knee and reached out his arms to present the small black box she always saw in romantic movies. As he opened the box, Rarity felt a gentle stream of happy tears slowly flow down her cheeks as she looked at the diamond ring in front of her.

The ring itself was absolutely gorgeous. It was a 18 karat white gold band that had numerous smaller diamond studs and diamond-trimmed details that wrapped around and up the band, eventually meeting at the central and main diamond of the ring. The diamond itself was princess cut, Rarity’s dream style of a ring. She didn’t know if Clyde had the diamond cut like that just to be cute, or that he secretly knew her favorite style even though she never told him, but at this very special moment, she could care less. The diamond shone brightly with the help from the lights from the fountain behind her. She finally looked away from the dazzling ring before her and looked up to Clyde's eyes. His teary smile made her cry more tears of happiness. Her body was completely paralyzed and the only commands she could give her body was to cry and look around.

“Rarity,” spoke Clyde with a shaken voice full of pent-up emotion. “I could be here all night retelling you how much I love you, but I feel like I could just tell you everyday from now on instead. You made my life amazing whenever you entered it and I can’t wait to make more memories in the future with my one true love. Rarity, will you marry me?”

Rarity still was frozen due to the power of emotions coming at her at once. Without any hesitation, and while still crying happily, she gave a nod and flashed him the smile he loved talking about. “Y-Yes! Of course!” she rejoiced.

* * * * *

The beautiful, cloudless, and sunny April day of the wedding eventually came as Rarity sat in a back room of the cathedral along with all of her bridesmaids. She sat in a chair as her mother was busy fixing up her and her friends’ makeup and hair. Rarity’s dress wasn’t on yet as she was still wearing some cozy shirt and fleece lounge pants that she wore for bed the night prior.

“Man, this dress actually looks pretty good on me,” stated Rainbow Dash as she walked around and looked down at her feet. All of the bridesmaids were wearing a long and mostly simple sleeveless light blue dress that had the occasional sparkle or two of a jewel throughout them, an obvious sign that Rarity customly made each one.

“I agree,” said Twilight looking at the mirror. “For once, I think not wearing my thick glasses is a good choice!”

Rainbow Dash looked at every girl and laughed. “Even with all of us wearing the same dress, we totally look hot!”

“I think these dresses are wonderful!” cheered Fluttershy from the other side of the room. “I’m just so happy for today!”

“And whatever you are feeling, Fluttershy, I bet Rarity is feeling a million times more happy thoughts, right?” asked Sunset with a smirk.

Rarity smiled. “Indeed! I can’t believe today is finally here! I dreamed for this day with a kind and sincere man for a very long time!”

“Ah think you deserve this moment, Rares,” said Applejack with a confident nod. “You’ve been one of the nicest girls Ah know.”

“Yeah!” cheered Sweetie Belle. She gave Rarity a hug. “The greatest sister in the world deserves a nice wedding and man!”

“Thank you dear sister,” replied Rarity with a smile. She looked at Sweetie Belle and the five other girls that have been the best friends possible. She teared up and wiped her eyes. “I'm emotional already... I'm glad all of you could help me today. You all are so beautiful.”

“Of course we would help you Rarity!” said Sunset with a large smile. “All of us are friends, and family, after all.” The five other girls proudly smiled and nodded. Suddenly, the door burst open and a pink blur rushed into their group.

“I'm so sorry for being late!” apologized Pinkie holding two trays of caramel macchiatos. “The line was taking forever! I told them there was a girl about to be married with some inpatient bridesmaids so I was able to cut to the front of the line!” She laughed. She had her light blue dress on, and even upon the assumption that she ran to and from the small coffee shop a few blocks down the street, Pinkie’s hair was about as perfect as it could be for the day.

“We told you to go earlier!” exclaimed Applejack shaking her head, “ya never listen to us.”

“Yeah, but look how many drinks I was able to get!” Pinkie held up the two trays, each tray holding five drinks. “I figured Rarity would want two, and I even got Mrs. Pearl one!”

Pearl took the drink and gave Pinkie a smile. “Thank you Pinkie. I always wanted to try one as I wondered why my daughter loves these so much.”

“Indeed,” laughed Rarity. She took a drink and put the cup on the counter, glancing at her phone and seeing the time. The ceremony was only two hours away and she began to feel emotional inside. As much as she couldn't wait to see her lovely soon-to-be husband, her heart began to flutter.

Pinkie handed the girls a drink each and they all gave one big laugh before heading back to their small station to continue getting ready for the wedding. After a few minutes of prepping Rarity’s hair, Pearl glanced down at her daughter. “Well... I think it's about time for you to get in your dress.”

The girls cooed in excitement as Sweetie Belle ran over to the closet and rolled out a cart that held her wedding dress in a large dress bag. Rarity walked over to it and teared up with a smile. She gently unzipped the bag and slowly and carefully pulled out the dress, making sure to remove it from the bag without any troubles. She turned to the others who had large smiles before giving one of her own.

Rarity kept her eyes on the dress that she made herself as if she had never seen it before. Now with the dress in her hands, Rarity could feel the atmosphere of the wedding in full effect. She took a deep breath to calm herself before getting too nervous and smiled brightly.

“Well, girls. It's time for me to get married.”

-------------------

The start of the ceremony was only a few minutes away as Clyde sat with his groomsmen in the small room of the cathedral that was near the center altar. All were dressed in black tuxedos with a white dress shirt and light blue bow ties. Many of them were talking to him about the day or how excited they were for him and how much it meant to them to be able to support their good friend during his wedding.

Tyrone was sitting with Thunderlane, Bulk, and one of Clyde’s newest basketball friends, Smooth Sailing. Smooth was Clyde’s best friend overseas as they played on the same team. Since returning home, Clyde and him kept in touch and Smooth even came to visit time from time and play some basketball with Clyde, Tyrone, and the old high school squad and even becoming great friends with Tyrone and the others.

“Feeling nervous yet?” asked Swift Justice who came up to him.

“Not yet,” said Clyde, wearing a tux of his own but with a simple black bow tie instead. He gave a slight chuckle. He adjusted the small white flower near his collar and grinned. “It's just pretty crazy how it’s only a few minutes away before the wedding starts.”

Another young man walked up to them. “Indeed,” spoke Rivet with a nod, “but you deserve this moment, Clyde. Rarity too.”

Swift looked at him before looking at Clyde. “Mmhmm! I'm sure all of us are super grateful for being part of your special day too! So, we will always be here to support you!”

Clyde smiled. “You two are some of my closest friends that aren't on a basketball team. Of course I invited you to be groomsmen for me.”

“Hey, I was on the basketball team too!” exclaimed Swift.

“Yeah, but you weren't that good,” joked Rivet with a laugh.

Clyde laughed with him. “It's okay, Swift. I know you were on the team. It's just we never really hung out much until you and Pinkie got together. I'm actually pretty happy that you two did end up together. Rarity and I quite enjoy going on those double dates with you guys all the time.”

Swift rubbed his head and blushed. “Pinkie is such an awesome girl...”

“She really is,” agreed Rivet, “and it's finally good to see you and her super happy together too. At least we don't have to hear about you crushing on her from afar anymore. That's way past us.”

Swift smiled and nodded. “Yup! I can now just spend time with her and be the best boyfriend possible for her!”

“That's a good attitude,” said Clyde with a grin. “Good luck to you Swift. I'm sure your wedding will be soon.”

Swift nervously gulped. “I-I-I don't know about that...”

“Yeah, maybe not. After all it took him so long just to get with Pinkie,” said Rivet playfully with a chuckle.

Clyde and the two shared a few more minutes of conversation before Shale came into the room. Swift and Rivet patted Clyde on the shoulder before walking towards the other groomsmen so Clyde and his brother could talk.

“So...” began Shale with a smile, “only a few more minutes. You nervous yet? I would give you advice but I'm still a bachelor myself.”

Clyde shook his head. “I'm not nervous at all. If anything, I'm nervous that I might screw up and can't speak due to my emotions.”

Shale handed up a small handkerchief. “Hide that in your tux’s sleeve near your wrist. Just in case. Anyway, the guests are all being seated right now if you couldn't hear the faint music.”

“Thanks Shale,” said Clyde with a smile as Shale gave him a brotherly hug. Clyde looked at the clock on the wall and saw it was almost one in the afternoon, the start of the ceremony. Now that Shale had mentioned it, Clyde could hear the faint sound of footsteps, the shuffling to find seats, and the greeting music. He stood up and gave one last stretch before stuffing the small handkerchief into his tux sleeve. “I just wish Mom and Dad could be here...”

Shale walked up to him and put a hand on his shoulder. “Don't worry. They are here.” Clyde looked up at him and smiled slightly. “Anyway. It's time little brother. I'm proud to see how much you’ve grown over the last few years. I know you and Rarity’s future is bright.”

Clyde’s smile grew as he gave a nod and headed off to the door with his brother and other friends. One by one they tunneled out and headed to their spot near the altar on the right side if walking down the aisle. Clyde stood closest to the center, beside the officiant, with Shale behind him while all his other groomsmen stood to Shale’s left in a row. The officiant was a middle-aged man who Clyde could tell during the recital that he loved helping out couples in love with their marriage ceremonies. Clyde could feel all of the guests were looking at him which caused him to feel somewhat uneasy since he never was one to yearn for the spotlight.

Clyde looked around the wedding decorated cathedral to hopefully make the guests look away from him briefly or to look at the wedding program they received while walking into the cathedral. At every pew against the aisle side were a set of highly decorated vases with matching flowers in them. Down the aisle, a small trail of white rose petals were on the floor since the wedding didn't have a flower girl.

Clyde looked at his guests, mostly his family and other friends he had from his childhood and high school or some of the guys from overseas, in the right pews, his left since he was facing them, and gave a warm smile. Many of his distant aunts, uncles, and cousins smiled back at him causing him to nervously look away. The first row on his side of the cathedral had both sets of grandparents that he talked to during the morning, but there was still a noticeable space in the pew since his parents weren't able to attend in person.

Clyde then glanced over at Rarity’s side and glanced at all of her guests. Her mother and both of sets of her grandparents were already seated. Pearl managed to make eye contact with Clyde and gave him a teary smile. Clyde returned it and looked down the aisle with his hands clasped in front of him waiting for Rarity.

Soon, some new and soft piano music began once more and Sunset came out from the front of the cathedral and slowly walked down the aisle with her small bouquet of flowers. She kept a smile on her face as the guests watched her walk. Sunset gave Clyde a bigger smile as she passed him to stand in her spot on the far side of Rarity’s section. As Clyde turned his head back to the aisle, he saw Twilight begin to walk down.

Eventually, all of Rarity’s friends made their way down the aisle one by one until lastly it was Sweetie Belle’s turn. As the Maid of Honor, Clyde knew she was the last of the wedding party to get into her spot before Rarity herself came down the aisle. Sweetie Belle carried a larger bouquet and gave Clyde the biggest of smiles as she passed him and stood close to the altar. Sweetie Belle and the girls looked at the groomsmen with happy grins before they turned their attention to the front of the cathedral.

The entirety of the cathedral was silent for a few moments awaiting the bride. Soon, the pianist began to play “Canon in D” while a violin began to play in equal harmony along with the sound of the piano. All of the guests stood up and turned towards the aisle as Clyde looked to the front of the cathedral, seeing Rarity and her father who proudly stood beside his eldest daughter arm-in-arm.

As Rarity and her father slowly began their walk towards the altar, Clyde finally felt the emotions start to hit him. It wasn’t until she was about halfway down the aisle that he could look at her dress in closer detail. Her face was covered by her veil, but she was smiling brightly at him, that with paired with the music, Clyde began to tear up. In her hands was a large bouquet of flowers that matched the colors of the bridesmaids flowers and her hair was extra curly and braided slightly so the flower and small silver tiara that went around her head kept perfectly still. As for Rarity’s dress, Clyde loved every part of it. It was a mermaid-style dress with a sweetheart neckline that clung snugly to her feminine figure that she took pride in. The necklace she wore was Clyde’s diamond heart pendant Christmas gift he gave her during their senior year. Around her waist was her silvery and jeweled sash that was made in her normal way of giving clothes some extra flair. The dress had and extra long tail of it that draped against the aisle floor just like any princess like Rarity would want. Clyde smiled brightly as he wiped his eyes with the handkerchief hidden in his sleeve. He couldn’t keep his eyes off of her as he stepped down from the altar and met her and her father.

Magnum shook Clyde’s hand firmly with a smile and approving nod before turning to his daughter. He gently lifted Rarity’s veil and kissed her cheek before making his way to his seat in the front pew. Clyde and Rarity exchanged a loving and teary smile as Clyde held out his arm for her. She wrapped both her arms around his as he used his free hand to place it on her arm. The guests of the wedding returned to their seats as the wedding party gleefully looked on giving all of their support to both Clyde and Rarity. Together, Clyde and Rarity walked up the steps to the altar as they stood facing each other with the biggest, happiest, and teariest of all smiles they’ve shared.

The officiant stepped forward and raised his hands. “Dearly beloved! We are gathered here today to celebrate the unification and marriage between Ms. Rarity Belle and Mr. Clyde...”

While the officiant talked to the guests about the ceremony and what today brought both Clyde and Rarity for the future as part of the Invocation. The two were seated somewhat behind the altar to the side of it during this time giving Clyde and Rarity a private moment for the ceremony continued. Clyde gave Rarity a large smile. “You look so beautiful,” he said quietly to her.

Rarity grinned with happy tears in her eyes. “Thank you, darling. I’m so happy today is finally here... You are a dream come true.” The two of them helped each other wipe away the tears before holding hands. Eventually, Clyde and Rarity returned to their spot in front of the altar and officiant once every introduction and reading was finished with as they stared into each other’s eyes, daring not to look away in the beauty and magic of the moment.

“Now, we shift our attention back to the bride and groom,” stated the officiant as he looked at the guests and then to Rarity and Clyde. “At this time, I ask you Clyde, do you take Ms. Rarity to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, in good times and woe, for richer or poorer, keeping yourself solely unto her for as long as you both shall live?”

Clyde smiled and nodded, looking directly into Rarity’s bright sapphire eyes. “I absolutely do.” The guests gave a heartfelt ‘aw’ and cheers as Rarity giggled while keeping her smile.

The officiant nodded happily as he looked to Rarity. “Ms. Rarity, do you take Clyde here to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, in good times and woe, for richer or poorer, keeping yourself solely unto him for as long as you both shall live?”

“I do, absolutely I do.” Rarity gave Clyde a playful smile due to her slight remix of his first response as they shared another teary moment.

The officiant smiled and nodded again. “As we soon will begin the exchanging of rings, I believe both the groom and bride have vows they would like to share during this moment.” Clyde and Rarity looked at each other with teary smiles still as Shale walked up to the officiant, handing him the two wedding bands. Shale patted Clyde on the shoulder and gave Rarity a smile before swiftly returning to his spot. Both of the wedding bands were gold with the names of their partner for life engraved in the inside of the ring.The officiant handed Clyde Rarity’s engraved wedding band with his name in it as he tightly held Rarity’s hands.

Clyde gazed into Rarity’s teary eyes that were filled with so much happiness and love. He always promised her that he would strive to make her the happiest girl in the world and with today, he could see that she couldn’t be anymore happier. Clyde took a deep breath and with a large grin, he spoke to her directly.

“Rarity... The sun smiles on us today, our wedding day, and how can it not, for our love is stronger than forever and our hearts beat together as one. I promise to be a true and faithful partner from this day forward, in all life’s circumstances, as we face them together. In the joys and sorrows, the good times and bad, in sickness or in health, I will always be there for you, to comfort you, love you, honor and cherish you, now and forevermore...” Clyde felt some tears roll down his cheek as tried wiping his eyes.

“Rarity, as I have always told you, you are the only exception. I had always sworn to myself that I was content with loneliness, because none of it was ever worth the risk. When my parents died and Shale left for the Guard, I felt like my destiny was meant for me to be alone... Maybe I was was meant to just be forgotten after my high school friends moved on with their lives, but you... you changed my entire life. You were the anchor I needed when I needed it most. You helped me trust and gave me a reason to trust. You have walked with me through some of my darkest days and never left my side. You helped me to be the strong, independent person that I am. You showed me friendship, compassion, and my absolute favorite, you showed me how to love people for the who they are...

“Rarity... our miracle lies in the path we have chosen together. I enter this marriage with you knowing that the true power of love is not to avoid changes, but to navigate them successfully. Let us commit to the miracle of making each day work together. I commit to you my love, my devotion, and my loyalty. I vow to continue to work on myself for the good of our marriage; I vow to always see our problems through to the end and in doing so fighting for us. Because you my darling, are the only exception. I love you with all of my heart.”

Rarity sniffled and fought back the tears as best as she could so she wouldn’t end up just sobbing and crying right there. Clyde could hear the guests were silent and many sniffles were heard. Clyde wiped his eyes and, with a smile, lifted her left hand, sliding the wedding band on her left hand’s ring finger. He then carefully moved her engagement ring that she put on her right hand’s ring finger before the ceremony and put it over the wedding band, signifying all phases of their love were now made complete.

“I, Clyde, give to you, Rarity, this ring, as a symbol of my commitment to love, honor, and respect you. With this ring, I thee wed.”

Rarity glanced down at her wedding band and engagement ring that were tightly locked together as if it was the magic of love keeping them connected forever. She smiled brightly and looked up at Clyde who still had tears in his eyes and rolling down his cheeks. She carefully rubbed them away and held his hands with his wedding band in her palm. Rarity calmed her crying down before she began speaking, her voice somewhat shaken due to the emotions.

“Clyde... I take you to be my husband, secure in the knowledge that you will be my constant friend, my faithful partner in life, and my one true love. On this special day, I affirm to you in the presence of all of our family and friends my sacred promise to stay by your side as your faithful wife, in sickness and in health, in joy and in sorrow, as well as through the good times and the bad. I further promise to love you without reservation, comfort you in times of distress, encourage you to achieve your goals, laugh with you and cry with you, grow with you in mind and spirit, always be open and honest with you, and cherish you for as long as we both shall live.

“A few years ago, I could never have imagined I would be in this place. A place where I look into the eyes of my best friend and pledge to you my love. You are the sweetest, most loving, caring and kind person I have ever known, and I have no doubt that you make me a better woman.

“Clyde... you believe in me and have shown me how to love with unconditional acceptance and every day you reaffirm that you are my soul mate. Together we are an unbreakable pair, bound by our love. I'm not sure that a lifetime is long enough for me to return all that you have given me but I promise to spend my days by your side. To inspire you, laugh with you, cherish you, confirm you, share your dreams and grow with you. Clyde, my darling, I believe in what we are and I will always love you with every beat of my heart...”

Rarity began crying heavily again, but she kept her posture and her smile. She carefully placed the wedding band with her name on the inside of it on Clyde’s left ring finger and smiled deeply at him.

“I, Rarity, give to you, Clyde, this ring, as a symbol of my commitment to love, honor, and respect you. With this ring, I thee wed.”

The two of them stood there smiling, paralyzed by incredible love as they held each other’s hands and kept their eyes locked on one another. The officiant smiled and raised his hands, speaking out towards the cathedral.

“By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you forevermore as husband and wife!” He looked at Clyde and Rarity and smiled brightly again. “As the final seal of your love, you may now kiss the bride.”

Clyde grinned as he pulled Rarity closer to him. Rarity giggled as she smiled back at him. Clyde gently wrapped his arms around her back as Rarity held onto his face. All day long a smile was plastered on their faces and at this time, it continued to not show any falter. Without any hesitation, Clyde leaned in and kissed his wife.

They brought their mouths together into the most beautiful kiss the world could know. It was beautiful, because it was shared by two who truly loved each other. Their love was a bond made strong by struggle and effort, and would remain so evermore. Her lips felt like velvet on his, and even with his eyes closed, Clyde could tell Rarity was blushing madly by the heat given off by her face. He brought a hand up her back to her shoulder, holding her close to him with a loving but firm hold. For the first time in years, Clyde felt as if all of his troubles were melting away, and he was sharing the perfect moment with the most beautiful girl in the world. He never wanted it to end as could be content like this forever. He continued his kiss even while she began to leave. After some loving giggles, Rarity wrapped her arms around her lover and sighed dreamily.

“I love you, Clyde. I will always love you. I swear with my heart.”

“I love you too, Rarity.”

Once the kiss was over, Clyde and Rarity held their hands and grinned happily. The officiant turned them towards the guests in the cathedral and held his hands high. “Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. and Mrs. Clyde and Rarity! May you both live a blessed and happy life together!”

The guests promptly stood and applauded while some, like Rarity’s mother cried happily. Clyde gently leaned down and picked Rarity up in a bridal-style carry. She wrapped her arms around his neck and laughed blissfully. Together, as a newly married couple, Clyde carried her down the aisle as they smiled at the guests and made their way out of the cathedral and into the limousine outside that would take them to their next event for the day, the wedding and bridal party pictures.

After Clyde and Rarity made their way out of the cathedral. Shale offered his arm to Sweetie Belle as they walked out of the cathedral together which started the train of all the groomsmen leading the bridesmaids down the aisle one by one. After all of the bridal party had left, the guests began to filter outside and talked about the wedding before heading to the reception area in the hotel Clyde and Rarity stayed at last night.

For the hour until the reception, the guests had gathered in the large decorated lobby-esque room before the banquet room of the hotel for small hand foods and a place to mingle. Rarity’s parents were the ones mostly in charge for the reception so while Clyde, Rarity, and the entire bridal party were busy with the official wedding photos, they treated the guests before the reception began.

The lobby before the banquet room had a whole assortment of small appetizer foods like mini sandwiches or shrimp to hold over the guests before the main meal. The men mostly stood near the bar as one of the hotel employees took care of the drinks. The women chatted amongst each other as they nibbled on food and looked at the various collages Rarity made for her and Clyde for Christmas gifts or whenever another special occasion came around. These frames were hung around the room to give everyone a chance to see how much Clyde and Rarity had grown over the years and how far their love took them. Many guests dropped off their congratulatory wedding cards at a small box near the entrance of the room as they filtered into the lobby and waited for the reception to start.

Eventually, the guests were led into the banquet room as they took their assigned seats, separated as either Clyde’s or Rarity’s guests. Depending on what table and which side the guests were assigned to, various pictures of either Clyde or Rarity were used as a way to help the guests find their seats. Each table had a decorated centerpiece with a candle and suitable tableware for the meal. The center of the large banquet room was a wooden floor to serve as the dance floor. As the guests mingled in the seats for a few moments, the DJ of the night introduced the first pair of the bridal party and played fitting music.

One pair at a time, the guests cheered as the bridesmaid and groomsman happily walked into the room together and made their way to the long table at the middle of the room. The groomsmen helped the bridesmaid into her seat before he would walk to the other end of the table to sit down. Every pair that sat down inched closer to the middle of the table. After Shale led Sweetie Belle to the table, the guests cheered loudly as Clyde and Rarity walked into the room, holding their hands high above them and smiling away. Both of them were still in their tuxedo and dress, respectively, as were the rest of the bridal party. Instead of heading towards the table, Clyde led Rarity to the center of the dance floor as he held her hand with one of his and wrapped his other arm around her lower waist. The guests cheered and clapped as the DJ turned on a slow song and spoke into his mic.

“As we welcome and celebrate with the newlyweds tonight, the bride and groom want to personally thank everyone for making their special day even more special. So, they want to kick off the reception with the special dances and some light dancing that everyone can join in on before dinner is served!”

The lights of the banquet room dimmed and the slow romantic song from their first dance from high school filled the room. Rarity gave Clyde a loving smile before she held her head against his chest. Clyde held her closer to him with his arm around her back as his other hand held hers. They soon began to dance ever so slowly in a circle in perfect rhythm to the music as their hearts beat simultaneously in perfect harmony.

After a few minutes into their first dance, Rarity leaned away Clyde’s chest briefly to kiss him on the lips, drawing in the cheers from the guests. They smiled at each other as Rarity wrapped her arms around Clyde’s neck. He held her hips and they both continued slowly dancing in a small circle and gazing into each other's eyes.

Their special song ended a minute later as Rarity’s father came up to them and another slow song came on. Clyde gently took Rarity’s hand and placed it in her father’s as he gave them a smile and walked off to the side. Rarity hugged Magnum tightly with happy tears as she danced with her father.

Clyde stood near Rarity’s mother and kept his smile as he watched Rarity and Magnum’s special moment.

“I know I never was blessed to meet your parents, but I can't help but think they are smiling away at you today, dear,” whispered Pearl. “I'm glad to know my son-in-law is as charming and sincere as you, Clyde. You’ve made Rarity the happiest girl in the world since she has met you.” She kissed his cheek and hugged him.

Clyde turned to her and nodded with tears. “Thank you...”

Pearl smiled. “Anytime, dear. Magnum and I will always love and respect you.”

Magnum and Rarity was finishing up their dance as they laughed and smiled. Clyde gave Pearl his hand to join the dance as she happily accepted it. Clyde led Pearl to the center of the dance floor as he danced with her beside Rarity and Magnum. All four of them happily shared a smile at the moment and day.

The song ended after a few minutes and the DJ played a new one. This song was more upbeat than the prior two and had a less romantic feel to it. Clyde and Rarity became dance partners once more as Rarity’s parents happily danced together. After a few spins, twirls, and dips, Clyde and Rarity laughed together before they separated from each other as Shale and Sweetie Belle came up to the dance floor. Clyde offered his hand to Sweetie Belle, as the groom would to the maid of honor, while Shale politely took Rarity’s hand and spun her around before dancing with her in a more upbeat dance than intimate and slow one. Clyde did the same for Sweetie Belle as she smiled brightly and laughed along with him.

Clyde and Rarity danced with their new sibling-in-law and the maid of honor and best man, respectively, for a few minutes before the entire bridal party came to the dance floor. Each bridesmaid was able to dance with Clyde for a few moments before switching out with another, as the same happened for Rarity and the groomsmen.

After everyone had a chance to dance with the bride and groom, the bridesmaids found a groomsmen and the DJ turned the music on louder as the guests were able to finally join in on the massive dance crowd. For almost a good hour, the entire reception had fun dancing around with Clyde and Rarity.

Once the first wave of dancing died out, everyone took their seats as dinner was beginning to be served. While everyone was receiving their salad or soup, someone on Clyde’s side of the room began gently hitting his spoon against an empty wineglass. Soon, the entire room began doing it as they looked at Clyde and Rarity. The two of the smiled before giving each other a kiss, causing the guests to cheer.

The room returned to their plates and began eating, mingling with the people around them. Compared to the dancing a few minutes ago, the room had become rather calm and peaceful, mostly due to the food that was being brought out to them. The main meal of the dinner consisted of portions of chicken, steak, and some seafood that would please everyone. As the helpers poured each guest some champagne while many of them were still eating their main meal or finishing up, Shale stood up from his seat and gently tapped his glass. The DJ nodded as he passed by and handed him a microphone.

He walked out to the dance floor and looked at everyone and spoke into the mic. “Since almost everyone is finishing up or still eating, I’d like to say some words to the bride and groom...” Shale turned around and looked at Clyde and Rarity with a large smile. He shifted slightly to the right so he could see the newlyweds and the guests, mostly the ones from Rarity’s side.

“Rarity, Clyde, I first and foremost want to congratulate the both of you on your wedding day. To all of you that don’t know me personally, I am Clyde’s older brother, Shale, who also was blessed to become the best man for my little brother’s wedding day. While I’m not one for speeches, as this might be the first one I’ve ever had to write since school, I am honored to be able to stand here and toast Clyde and his beautiful bride Rarity.

“Clyde, I’ve known you since you were a little baby. I was so happy our parents brought you home for the hospital that one night that I pushed your crib into my room so we could have a ‘Brother’s Only’ sleepover...” Shale chuckled as he saw Clyde laugh and smile. Some of the guests even broke in a laugh.

“Anyway, Clyde, while you grew up, as did I. You helped me understand how to love and take care of other people, like Mom and Dad always showed us. I always remember helping you when you were sad after school or you fell down and tore up your knee. I remember bringing you along to the park so you could play some basketball with my friends, and together we were unstoppable, even if they let you score all the time since you were seven years younger than me. We shared so many memories together that I would never want to ask for anyone else as my brother.

“When our parents died, and I did everything I could to try to make you happy. We lived with our uncle and I took many jobs while finishing up high school so I could earn enough money to protect you and take care of you, as you were my best friend. You’ve impacted my life so much that it was only fair I gave everything back to you.” Shale wiped a tear from his eye.

“But luckily, we were able to move to Canterlot and I got into the Guard. While it hurt me to leave you living alone, I knew you were a strong person and I knew you would find some friends you could hang out with while I was gone. Luckily my assumption was right, as not only did you meet your basketball team and that baller Tyrone–” said Shale looking at Tyrone with a grin as Tyrone patted his chest and pointed at Shale in respect, “–but you also found a friend in Rarity.”

“When I first arrived back home and I saw Clyde’s bedroom wall was decorated in many collages of Rarity and him, I could tell right there by looking at the photos they had something special. Clyde, of course, would always bring her name up during our phone calls before I got home, but still, as all of you who sit here now could see earlier today, Clyde and Rarity love each other very much and I can’t be any happier.

“Rarity, you’re a beautiful and wonderful girl, and I know you deserve an amazing husband like my little brother. Clyde, I know you will treat the love of your life with even more love that I thought wasn’t possible, but always remember, I will be there for you, the both of you. Our parents are proud of you, Clyde. Ladies and gentlemen, finally, let’s give this amazing couple the toast they deserve and bless their new lives as a married couple. Raise your glasses in honor of my brother and best friend and his gorgeous wife. To Clyde and Rarity.” Shale raised his wineglass as did the guests and took a small sip. While the rooms was filled with applause, Clyde was busy trying not to cry as he raised his glass and thanked his brother from afar. Shale walked up to him and hugged him tightly, patting his back.

“I love you, Clyde,” said Shale holding back tears, “so does Mom and Dad...”

“Thank you...” replied Clyde softly with a teary smile.

Shale smiled and released his brother from his hug and moved to Rarity. He hugged her gently and kissed her cheek. “Please, take care of my brother. Thank you for all you have done for him.”

Rarity smiled with tears in her eyes. “Do not worry. Clyde is the most important person to me. I will always cherish him.”

Shale nodded and grinned as he let go of her and made his way back to his seat beside Clyde. Clyde had calmed down and gave his older brother a sincere smile. While the crowd finished up their first round of applause for Shale’s toast, Sweetie Belle walked up to the DJ and took a mic as she made her way to the center of the dance floor. Rarity looked at her with curious and happy eyes.

Sweetie Belle took a deep breath and grinned. “While I’m not sure if I can top Shale’s speech, I wanted to say some quick and brief words to my lovely sister, Rarity, the gorgeous bride, and her new and charming husband, Clyde, that I happily can say is a wonderful brother-in-law.”

“Rarity has always been my role model, which is what most younger siblings say to their older one unless they are currently bickering, but I mean it. Rarity has always cared and supported me every single day. She helped me meet some friends, she helped me with school, she helped me laugh, and everything else. Rarity lives by her name and can make anyone happy with her bubbly and generous personality.

“I remember when Rarity was showing slight interest in Clyde... She would always turn away or ignore me whenever I brought it up. It was weird at first seeing my older sister completely lovestruck, but at the same time, I couldn’t be anymore happier for her. When I did meet Clyde, I could tell by they way she looked at him, and the way he would always smile at her that there was something more than an early high school romance...

“Throughout the years, I’ve been lucky enough to be able to spend time with Clyde whenever he came over to our house to visit Rarity or whenever he ate dinner with us. Clyde has always been so nice to me, and even helped some of my friends and I win a school dodgeball tournament along with the basketball team. He’s always been that older brother figure to me. I just want to personally thank Clyde for treating my sister like a princess and being an amiable guy. I can speak for my parents here as well, as we are extremely happy to welcome him to our family.

“And Rarity... as your little sister and maid of honor, I want to say again how much of a beautiful person you are and how much you deserved this special day. You will always be my role model and better yet, my sister. I know you and Clyde will have a lustrous future.” Sweetie Belle held her wineglass up and smiled. “I’m not exactly legally old enough to drink this, but I can still toast the happy couple! To Clyde and Rarity!” The guests applauded again and drank a small sip as Sweetie Belle gave Rarity and Clyde a loving hug. Rarity had to wipe her eyes again due to Sweetie Belle’s small speech directed towards her.

Sweetie Belle’s speech marked the end of the two toasts towards Clyde and Rarity as everyone went back to finishing their meal if they had already not. The DJ spoke into the mic saying the second round of dancing would start up again soon, as well as some famous wedding reception activities, but before that all started, Rarity’s parents wanted to show off a small slideshow of Rarity and Clyde growing up into the adults they were. Clyde and Rarity already saw many of the pictures as they both were there when they searched for old photos together for the both of them. As he watched, Clyde remembered the day him and Rarity looked at old photos of him at his house before he took her to his hometown. Clyde frowned at some old pictures of him with his parents, but a comforting hand on his shoulder and smile from Rarity made him cheer up.

Once the emotional and feel-good slideshow was over, the DJ called for Rarity to head to the center of the dance floor for the bouquet toss. Rarity quickly grabbed her bouquet from the wedding and headed to her spot while all of the bridesmaids and any other single lady at the reception gathered near the back of the room, get ready to pounce. Rarity turned away from them as she held her bouquet in front of her. She smiled at Clyde and tossed it backwards. The bouquet sailed through the air until it was ultimately caught by both Sunset and Pinkie simultaneously. After they fought for it for a few moments, Pinkie laughed and decided to let Sunset have it. Clyde glanced over at Swift for a brief moment to see him sigh in relief.

The second round of dancing then officially began as all of the guests were welcomed to the floor. Many people took this opportunity to talk to Clyde and Rarity finally as the two of them walked around to visit everyone who came and dance. The reception’s final round of dancing lasted until the wedding cake was cut and served with some ice cream. Clyde and Rarity helped serve the cake after they had the first bites of it. Someone gently banged against their wineglass again as Clyde and Rarity happily kissed each other in front of the entire reception one last time.

The reception ended about an hour after the cake was served and many of the guests and bridal party stood outside of the reception hall on the pathway leading to a limousine, holding sparklers high above them to make a tunnel of bright light. Clyde and Rarity, holding their hands high ran through the sparkler tunnel as everyone cheered and wished them a happy and bright future. The two entered a limousine and it took off to the busy streets of Manehattan, everyone still waving and cheering for the newlyweds.


After roaming the streets to nowhere in particular for about an hour, Clyde carried Rarity into their hotel room in the bridal-style she was carried out of the cathedral while she laughed. Once inside, hopped down and dragged him to their bed and kissed him multiple times. “Looks like it’s just us for a few months now...” She hugged him tightly and hummed peacefully.

Clyde grinned and sat beside her on the bed. “Tomorrow starts our long honeymoon around the world. Was today everything you had ever hoped for?”

“It was better than I hoped for,” said Rarity with a smile. “The weather was simply gorgeous, the cathedral was divine, the reception was amazing, the guests seemed to enjoy themselves, and of course, I married my handsome best friend.” She looked at her wedding band and engagement ring that was locked together on her left ring finger. She placed them on Clyde’s wedding band and she smiled. “What a perfect day...”

“Technically the day isn’t over yet,” said Clyde looking at the alarm clock on the nightstand.

Rarity lowered her eyes and grinned. “You are correct, darling.” She began taking off his tuxedo as she kissed him. “We can’t really complete our wedding day without having fun... after all, there’s a reason why I didn’t want to do a garter toss. I wanted you to take it off in private, you charming man, you.” She giggled.

Clyde laughed and nodded. “Indeed...”

Rarity leaned against him while kissing at his mouth until she knocked him backward onto the bed. They kept their pace for a few minutes before Clyde sat his body up so he could turn her and put her on the bed.

“Ooooh, Clyde! I see you don’t even want to wait!” teased Rarity with a giggle. “Before you lovingly ravage me like always, I do suggest you take off my dress before you tear it or something, my love.”

Clyde helped her up off the bed gently and they smiled at each other while gazing into each other’s eyes. While this wasn’t exactly anywhere close to the first time Clyde and Rarity had sex, it was still a special moment for both of them as it was their first time as newlyweds and to consummate the marriage. Clyde moved his hands along her waist and hips before moving towards her back, enjoying the feel of her skin tight dress. After their kissing stopped for a brief moment, Clyde began to remove her wedding dress as she began taking off his dress shirt. Rarity quickly shielded his eyes once her dress was off as she led him to the bathroom only to close the door to not allow him inside.

“I have to get ready, darling! I won’t be long as I know you are super eager to make passionate and romantic love to your fabulous wife!” Rarity giggled from the other side of the bathroom door. Clyde was standing in just his dress pants as his tuxedo top and dress shirt were on the floor near her dress at the end of the bed. He shook his head with a smile and dimmed the lights of the hotel suite room, closing the blinds of the large window that showed off the city skyline below.

Rarity wasted little time in the bathroom of their suite room, as in just a few minutes, she came out of the room wearing a custom made lace lingerie set that Clyde hadn't seen before. The nearly transparent white corset hugged her figure nicely that matched her thong and stockings. Around her left leg was her garter.

Clyde looked at her in a daze as she swiftly walked up to him and kissed his mouth, running a lone finger down his bare chest seductively. She looked up at him with her bright blue eyes and gave him a smile. “I love you, Clyde. I'm so happy that I married my Prince Charming at long last...”

Clyde smiled back at her. “And I'm extremely happy that my beautiful angel is my wife.” He placed his left hand, his hand that held his wedding band on his ring finger, and gently held her cheek, giving her a slight kiss before Rarity wrapped him into an intimate hug. “Together, I'm positive our future will be dazzling.”

“Indeed, but enough talking, darling,” said Rarity coquettishly with a seductive smile, “We have plenty of time now to say we love each other. For now... I want you so badly~”

“Anything for you...” Clyde gave her a grin as the two kissed each other again before Rarity pulled him down and they gently landed on the bed.

As Clyde kissed his wife at the end of their wedding day, he thought of all the memories he had made together with her and all of the possible memories they would have in the future. While he always considered fate the reason for them becoming a couple, he knew he managed to show everyone that he truly loved Rarity and would forever so. Rarity was his everything and no one would ever change that.

And by the rings on their fingers, engraved with the names of their lover within the ring, the love between Clyde and Rarity would be eternal at long last.

Author's Note:

I hope you all enjoyed this special chapter and I want to thank everyone who has read every chapter since the first chapter of "Amor Fati" and everyone who has supported me or commented or whatever! You guys helped me more than you know. :raritywink:

I would also like to say this is the final chapter of the story. However, I do plan on making a special type of chapter that doesn't follow Clyde or Rarity exactly. Many of you probably know what type of chapter this will be, but once I am near completing it, I will post a very specific blog involving that certain chapter! No word on when that chapter will be complete, as it hasn't even been started yet, but hopefully it is out by the end of summer.

Anyway, I thank all of you for being fans of my stories. It truly means a lot. :)