• Published 24th Dec 2014
  • 2,730 Views, 258 Comments

Amor Vincit Omnia - BRyeMC



A continuation of the tale following Clyde's fateful meeting with Rarity.

  • ...
12
 258
 2,730

The Rapping Rari-T [Random Prompt #1]

Author's Note:

Disclaimer: I do not own the original song, "Pretty Girl Rock," and all rights are owned by the respected artist and composers.

This idea was brought up by Azure. To help me and some other friends get some writing spark, he gave me a prompt:

Your OC's girlfriend tells them a secret hobby or passion of theirs. What would the reaction be?

This led to the random chance that Rarity loves rap music. I'm not sure how long it was supposed to be, but I assumed one of those "1000 words or less" type of prompts. If anyone has a cool prompt idea, you can share it with me through PM or something and I'll see if I can make it happen. I know a lot of you probably want me to continue with the main storyline, but with schoolwork getting in the way, it's hard to find motivation. These help me get somewhat creative (unlike the color green since it's not a creative color). :raritywink:

One abnormally normal day in Canterlot, Clyde decided to go to Rarity’s house to see what she was doing for the day. He wished she was hopefully doing nothing so he could surprise her with an invitation for a lunch date for just the two of them.

He arrived at her home and walked into the small store entrance door just like he always would. However, he didn't see her anywhere which he automatically knew was strange as she always would be in her shop at this time during the day working on projects or designs. He walked over to the steps and faintly heard music upstairs.

“I guess she's in her room,” assumed Clyde, “unless that's Sweetie Belle jamming out and trying to improve her already stellar vocals.”

Clyde walked upstairs and turned the corner to the hallway and walked towards Rarity's slightly opened door. The music was coming from Rarity's room and as he got closer, the calm music he heard before instantly changed into a much more upbeat tune filled with rhythm. Suddenly, all the instruments came together to make the music go faster and faster and Clyde saw Rarity walk in front of her mirror with one of his baseball hats on backwards and a large gold pendant around her neck. He gently opened the door, but Rarity, completely ignoring him in the moment of the song, began to sing, or in this case rap, out the song:

"Yeah...
First name's Rari',
I'm so very
Fly, oh my,
it's a lil' bit scary
Boys wanna marry,
looking at my derri-Ere,
you can stare but if you touch it I'ma bury
I’m...
Pretty as a picture,
sweeter than a swisher
You mad cause I'm cuter than the girl that's with ya
I don't gotta talk about it,
baby you can see it
But if you want,
I'll be happy to repeat it–"

As she looked up in her mirror, she saw Clyde's reflection and instantly turned around.

“C-C-Clyde!” stuttered Rarity with her face burning red, “w-what are you doing there?!"

Clyde stood there in amazement and complete shock. “Did you just... rap? That part of the song is mostly sung, but you rapped it...”

Rarity blushed and looked away. “Maybe...” she said softly.

“Huh?”

Rarity looked at him. “Yes! I did!” She rubbed her arm and frowned. “I-I've always enjoyed rap songs. It's fun to try to rap along and try to do it faster each time...”

Clyde blinked. “You actually like that genre of music? I would have never guessed that.”

“No one probably would! I never wanted to say anything because people might make fun of me if they knew the elegant Rarity was actually a secret rapper fan who goes by the fake stage name of ‘Rari-T.’” She frowned. “I'm so embarrassed... You probably saw how stupid I looked.”

“What? Why would I think that?” asked Clyde. “I thought you were great!”

Rarity smiled at him, but still looked saddened. “You're just saying that...”

Clyde walked up to her and put his hands on her shoulders. “As long as you enjoy something, why should it matter what others think?” He looked at the oversized hat on her and laughed. “I don't know though, I feel like Rapper Rari-T would be fun to hang out with for an hour.”

“Thanks, darling,” she giggled. After a quick kiss, Rarity turned back to the mirror as Clyde stood to the side. “Let me see if I can freestyle!”

She turned on some music and began to think of words to say, as she began bobbing her head in the beat of the song.

"Yeah. Uh. Time to drop some bars,
but first, give me a lil' moment so I can head out to Mars–"

Rarity quickly glanced at Clyde and began stuttering. She coughed and tried again, but kept repeating herself. Soon, she gave up and in a defeated anger flopped onto her bed.

“I can't do it...” she sighed in defeat.

“I can't freestyle either,” encouraged Clyde. “It's hard to do. Although, you had a good start.”

“But I was so good at it last week! I guess when I see you I get nervous...” Rarity looked at the ceiling for a few seconds before speaking again. “Would you mind if I record myself and send it to you instead?”

Clyde sat down beside her on the bed. “I'd love to hear it if you want me to. Maybe then I'll give it a shot and then we can make a song together. I guess we need to figure out a name for our gig, though.”

Rarity laughed. “We can worry about the gig name later. That song, however, would be my favorite song forever.” She sat up and hugged him. “I should've told you my rap love secret. I knew you probably didn't care, but I always felt embarrassed... But to change the topic, why did you stop over? I thought you were going to the park today so I thought I could practice my raps.”

Clyde shrugged. “I wanted to see if you would like to go out to eat somewhere instead. It's a nice day out so maybe we can find an outside table somewhere.”

Rarity grinned. “Deal! Let me change into somethin' more suitable than this bling gear, yo.” She smiled and got off her bed and found an outfit everyone was used to seeing with her: a simple skirt and loose shirt.

Clyde shook his head as he watched her change with a smile. “I'm so happy I fell in love with her.”