• Published 20th Dec 2014
  • 647 Views, 200 Comments

OC Battle! - zekromthepokemon



Join Celestia, Cadence, Luna, and Dr. Whooves as they host . . . O! C! BATTLE!

  • ...
4
 200
 647

Chapter 13: SPOOKY CHAPPER (not really)

Luna stood onstage. “We have a special episode for you today. We’re finally officially introducing sidekicks! You may now all send vouchers to your OCs. One request for a sidekick came early, so there’s going to be a sidekick in this chapter,” she stated, “Enjoy the show!”


Magica was in her room labeling the potions she had made that day. She was about to stick a tag on a green potion when she heard a knock on her door. She put the potion on a table and walked over to the door, unsure who would be at her door at this or any other time. A yellow dog creature with big black eyes looked up at her.

“Hello, I’m Jolteon, and I’ll be your temporary host for the Battle dimension!” Jolteon said with a smile.

“What happened to Umbreon?” Magica asked.

Jolteon scratched the fur on her neck.

“Don’t worry about it. Anyway, I have a few questions to ask you.” She pulled out a clipboard and pen out of nowhere and put on some reading glasses.

“How would you rate your stay here? Would you say ‘I hate it here!’
‘it’s great!’ or ‘it could be better?’”

“It could be better,” Magica answered.

“Perfect!”

She wrote something on the piece of paper, still having that constant smile on her face.

“How would you feel if any of the facilities inside the hotel such as the rec room were outside?”

“I don’t really use the rec room, but the gift shop . . . I kinda like it being inside, but it might get a little crowded when the others find out about it, so Maybe if you expanded it if you decided to actually go through with it.”

“Awesome!” she wrote on the paper again.

“Okay, last question. How would you destroy Zekrom if you ever had the chance?”

“I don’t know . . . I’m not sure, since I don’t exactly know who he is or how powerful he is, but I guess I could throw a few potions at him.”

“Great!” She returned the clipboard to wherever she got it from and took off the glasses. “Before I leave, here’s a sidekick voucher your author sent you.” She handed Magica the voucher and scurried off.


Magica was at the gift shop.

“You have a voucher?” Bubbles asked. Magica proudly slid the paper onto the table. Bubbles swiped it up.

“Thank you!”

She turned around and fed it into a machine of some kind.

“The card to your sidekick will be in your room when you go back there,” Bubbles said.

“Card? What do you-” Bubbles then held her arm, I mean hand, I mean, SERIOUSLY WHAT THE HECK DO THEY HAVE? Let’s just try this again on a new paragraph.

Bubbles held her upper appendage to Magica’s mouth and whispered, “you’ll see when you get there.”


A blank gray card sat on her table. She picked it up with her magic and was about to look at it more closely, but it turned into a stone brick with a loud clunk. It then burst into a huge gray sand cloud, blinding her and making her lose concentration. She dropped it in the kerfuffle and soon heard sounds of stone, chains, and other things snapping together.

When the smoke cleared, the table was in splinters on the floor. What stood in its place was a stone golem. It was made out of bricks. Magica ran her hoof across the golem’s surface, surprised by how smooth each individual brick was. Magica took her hoof off of it and looked at its face. It was mainly just a block of the same stone bricks, but the only thing that really stood out to her was the one-inch-wide slit going from the front to the back of the head. Magica was about to say something, until she spotted a stone tablet with inscribings on it at the golem’s feet. She picked it up and read it aloud.

“To turn on your S.A.G.E., or Some Automated Golem Enslaved, please wave your hoof in front of it.”

Magica cautiously waved her hoof in front of the automaton’s face. Two blue lights in the slit flickered on. She read some more from the table “Once he is turned on, say ‘Activate’ and a compartment will open where you can put the tablet. After some scanning, he’ll be ready for use.”

She finished reading and turned the tablet around to make sure there was nothing else of interest to read. It was blank, so Magica said ‘Activate” as it told her to. A drawer-type thing then slid out of its chest and she stuck in the manual. A whirring sound could be heard from within the golem.

When the sound stopped, Magica was in the air three feet above the ground. The golem had picked her up and was either trying to crush all her vital organs or hugging her.”

“What . . . are you . . .doing?” Magica wheezed.

A low growling sound came from the golem and he put her down.

“Tell me why you showed such carelessness towards your master!” she demanded. The golem responded with another low growl.

“Speak!”

A low mumble came from the automaton.

“Speak . . . up,” she said, gritting her teeth.

”Raaw-Baaa Tooooo-tra,” the golem responded in a deep, gruff voice.

“Okay, since you can’t speak, can you at least draw it out or something?” she sighed.

The golem took a step to the right off of the wooden shards. He began to sort them into a pattern of some kind. He then pulled Magica to his side.

“You wanted to give me a hug . . . because you love . . . me.”

She looked in horror at the crudely put together picture of a heart.

“No . . . I can’t have a minion who loves me. He’s supposed to blindly follow my orders and not care what they are.It’s platonically right?”

“Un-trunta-pok?”

“Draw it.”

He then repositioned the pieces of wood into a question mark.

“You don’t know what platonically means . . .”

He shook his head.

“Do you know what a crush is?”

He shook his head again.

She paced, trying to think of another question.

‘What do you see me as?”

He rearranged the wood again to make a picture. He suddenly stopped and grabbed a wooden chair. He crushed it into more pieces and dumped them onto the floor with the others.

After another minute or two of shuffling around the destroyed furniture,he stopped and looked to Magica. She examined the new picture. It was a surprisingly detailed picture of her hugging the golem with a speech bubble saying “I love you son,” .

“That explains it. Time to go to the gift shop and ask for a trade-in.”

She started for the door, but a green pillar of light wrapped around her.

“Great . . .” she groaned as she disappeared.

Magica was then warped to a new arena. She looked around and noticed that this arena was different. Unlike the last arena, this one was much more . . . vibrant, to say the least. It was a large town with a bunch of brightly colored houses, with jump ropes, pogosticks, and other toys for fillies and colts laying strewn about. Magica began to walk down the sidewalk, examining the whole town. It was quite strange, because a lot of things suggested people lived here, but there wasn’t a soul to be seen. She looked at the street and saw that Jolteon was standing in the middle of it, tapping her foot with her trademark smile still profusely in view. She was standing with Ink Sword. He was tapping his claw too; however, he had a much less friendly expression.

“Done examining the field?” Jolteon asked.

“Yeah, sure,” she said, walking over to them.

“This a no-harm fight. That means that you won’t be killed forever if you are defeated. However, the winner will get a prize. Since there are no negative stakes, you aren’t allowed to surrender. Now, Magica, do you want your sidekick to join you in this battle?”

Magica looked at the cannon slung around her opponent’s shoulder.

“Yep.” the golem then appeared behind her with a familiar clunk.

“BEGIN!” Jolteon yelled as she disappeared in a yellow ball of lightning.

Ink Sword lifted up his left foreleg and ejected his sword, holding it to Magica’s throat.

“Let’s just end this qui-” Ink Sword was then flattened. He had just been bonked on the head by the golem’s massive stone hands.

Magica, for the first time, looked up at her golem with a look of approval. She was about to take a potion out of her bag, but the golem quickly grabbed her and began to lumber up the street.

“Why did,” she gasped as her lungs liquefied, “you do that?”

“Bomat-Wetaku!” he said as he dropped her back down. He pointed back to Ink Sword, who was now back up. He then pointed to a house with a large smoldering hole in it.

“Wait, how’d that happen?”

She pondered for a moment, ignoring Ink Sword angrily walking toward them.

“He shot that when he was down?”

The golem nodded.

“And when I was digging in my bag he was about to shoot me?”

He nodded again.

“Wow, I never thought you would’ve been so use-” she stopped talking when she saw a huge blast of blue plasmic energy rocketing toward her. She frantically dug in her bag for a potion.

“Cover me!” she yelled to the golem. Magica threw some potions at him, one blue, one orange, and one green. He immediately swept them all away with a flick of the wrist. They splashed on the ground, leaving a puddle of ice, fice, and acid.

“You were supposed to run past the blast and throw those at him to keep him from shooting!” she watched as five more blast were shot and now six speeding balls of energy were coming right at them.

“Journin!” he yelled back to her, with what she assumed to be anger in his voice. “We’re dead.”

he plasma blasts were now only 25 feet away from them. The golem got in a defensive position. 20 feet. He held up his arms. 15 feet. He held both of them behind him, outstretched. 10 feet. The blast was now about to close in, and Magica braced herself and closed her eyes.After a few seconds she opened her eyes again, wondering why she wasn’t back at the hotel. Magica looked in awe at her sidekick. He was being scooted back every second, his hands in front of him, holding back the first blast. The second one hit, grouping with the first one. The third one hit and grouped with the other two, and he began to scoot back at a faster pace. The fourth one hit and he was sent back at an even faster pace. The fifth hit didn’t move him at all, but Magica heard a loud crunching sound. She watched in horror as the bricks that made up his arms began to crack and shake violently.

“No, he can’t be-”

The final shot hit and he began to fall.

Author's Note:

Why're my chapters getting longer? i just leveled up is all.