• Published 18th Dec 2014
  • 3,085 Views, 35 Comments

Daughter of the Night - PastelProse



Luna is a mother, who is the father. Many shipping ships in this story. A lot of sweet moments and family time.

  • ...
6
 35
 3,085

Ch 2: Enter the Opposition

A few months later the girls were called back. Celestia asked them if they would help her with planning the welcoming party for Moonbeam. They agreed and soon got to work on the preparations.

"No, a little more to the left...just a little more...Right There stop!" Pinkie yelled as Rainbow and Fluttershy secured the banner she made.

Twilight was running down a list of everything they needed. "Apple cider, Check. Apple fritters, Check. Plenty of cake, Check. Pinkie, no party cannon it might scare the baby."

Pinkie looked down at her party cannon as her ears drooped.

"Maybe you can use it when she gets older." Rarity said trying to cheer Pinkie up.

"OH, I can't wait. Maybe we can even blast her out of it." Pinkie said as she bounced back to work.

Fluttershy flew over to her bird chorus and had them go through some warm up exercises.

Rainbow started to get dressed in her wonder bolts attire, "Anypony seen my goggles?"

"Maybe you left them on a table somewhere, I suggest ya go and retrace your steps." Applejack said as she carried a barrel of apples on her back.

Rainbow frowned as she mentally took a trip, starting from the beginning of her day

Celestia came outside to the garden, "I would like to thank you girls for all your hard work with the party, it gave me the time I needed to raise the moon tonight since Luna is too exhausted to raise the moon herself."

“Why?” Pinkie asked.

“An alicorn foal tends to be a little over powered. Their magic and flying abilities tends to surpass that of a fully grown alicorn. It takes around two years for their power to settle and stabilize.” Celestia stated.

Then Discord appeared in a flash, leaning against Celestia.

"Oh yes, and girls. I was wondering if you may give Discord a job." Celestia gave him a look, "I am sure he would be delighted to lend a helping hand. At least until Cheese Sandwich gets here."

Pinkie pie bounced up and down excitedly, "Cheese is coming and nopony told me!"

Twilight scratched her mane, "Opps I may have forgotten to mention it."

Pinkie jumped around happily, "I missed him so much and now he is coming yay!!!!"

Discord looked a Celestia and whispered, "Tia, do I have too?"

Celestia gave him a look, "What did I tell you about calling me that...in public."

Discord chuckled and whispered in her ear, "I thought we agreed that we don't care what people think." Then he nipped her ear causing Celestia to gasp.

"Celestia you ok?" Twilight said looking at the two confused.

"I'm alright just realized that I have to go check on Luna. Be back in a moment." Then with that she flew off.

Discord smirked, "Nice save. Alright girls time to work." He said clapping his claws together.

Many glasses of chocolate milk later. "Did somepony call for a party pony!?" Cheese yelled as he strolled into the garden.

Pinkie pie was the first to greet him, "WE DID!" She jumped on him knocking him down to the ground and hugging him tightly.

Cheese laughed, "I'm guessing you missed me then?" Cheese asked.

Pinkie Pie shook her head, "Yea but, could you stay longer this time?"

Cheese nodded his head, "Of course anything for my favorite party pony."

The rest of the mane six walked up, Pinkie looked over to them all and said, "See I'm the favorite."

"Twilight, Love really is in bloom ain’t it?" Applejack asked.

"Pinkie can I get up yet?" Cheese said as Pinkie Pie realized what position they were in. She got off blushing lightly as Cheese got to his feet.

"Ohhh yeah." Twilight replied to Applejack


Later on that night all of Equestria was gathered in the garden, eating, drinking, dancing, and talking. Twilight was now absent because she had to meet with the other princess' about the presentation.

Rainbow was sipping on cider when Rarity walked up, "I hope Moonbeam likes this party we planned for her. Oh by the way, did you ever find your goggles?"

Rainbow nodded. "Yeah, but I gave them to Pinkie and Cheese. We added in another part of our show."

Fluttershy walked up, "Rainbow are you performing before or after my chorus goes on?"

Rainbow scratched her head, "I think it is after."

Fluttershy smiled, "Oh good I didn't want the animals to be scared off by the sonic rainboom. Not saying the rainboom is bad or anything I just want to make sure I do my part."

"Hey you guys seen Twilight anywhere?" Spike asked as approached.

Rainbow shook her head, "No, I think she is still with the princesses."

The trumpets blew, everypony turned their attention to the balcony. Rainbow looked at Rarity, Fluttershy and Spike. "Gotta go guys, got to get into position," she said as she took off. Shining Armor came out giving Fluttershy a slight nod.

Fluttershy shook her head and begun to direct her birds. When they started singing the doors opened. Flash Sentry, and Shining Armor came out and stood on each side of the archway. Then Twilight came out first. Cadence came out next. Celestia followed behind and then last but not least Luna with the royal baby carriage.

"Ladies and Gentle colts, today we are all gathered here to welcome the 5th alicorn princess into this world." Twilight begun.

"She was born with the coat that matches her mothers, a mane of midnight black, and eyes that shine like stars." Cadence said.

"A natural born Alicorn, she contains within her more power than any pony could ever imagine." Celestia said.

"She will be raised in the ways of the night, and taught to take over all the responsibilities that come with it." Luna said.

"Ladies and Gentlecolts, we present..."

There was flash of green light, and a horrifying cackle. "Princess Moonbeam...What a lovely name."

Luna recognized that voice. She huffed as she pushed the carriage closer to Flash sentry and Shining Armor.

"Oh what a lovely party, I am so upset that I didn't receive an invitation. I thought you guys may have lost mine." She said as she walked past all of the shocked ponies.

Two little flying minions on either side. Her horn all deformed, her blue sloppy mane riddled with holes at the end. Her hoofs clomping on the ground with holes riddling them too.

"What are you doing here?" Cadence asked staring Queen Chrysalis down.

"Oh I was just walking through the neighborhood when I hear of there being a new princess of the night. I heard she was just the bee's knees. Beautiful like her mother and powerful like her father."

Luna's eyes bulged, "You know?"

"Of course I do, but the question is dear Luna is, does he?"

Luna soon grew angry, "No one asked for your opinion. Wait, you didn't tell him did you?"

Queen Chrysalis smiled, "Maybe I did, maybe I didn't."

Celestia stepped forward, "I'm calling your bluff monster. Now Leave!" Twilight and Cadence both readied their magic.

Chrysalis put her hooves up in surrender, "Okay, Okay I can take a hint." She turned and started walking away. She stomped her hooves in front of a tree and a green portal opened.

Her minions entered first. She turned to look at Luna, "Oh and by the way Princess if I were you I would learn how to control that little filly's power. If she were to be...persuaded to use them in a particular way I doubt even your little "Elements of Harmony" would be able to stop her."

Luna snorted at Chrysalis, "Just thought I would give you a warning." Then with that she walked through the portal. Luna snorted one more time for good measure.

"OK Party Ponies now that the Pooper Pony is gone..." Pinkie started.

"Let's Party!" Cheese Sandwich yelled.

Pinkie looked to Vinyl. Vinyl nodded her head and flipped a record. She tossed it onto turntable and the music blasted.

Ponies started to recover from the shock and they started to dance and laugh. Twilight and Cadence looked to Celestia for permission and she shook her head yes. Twilight flew off to join her friends and Cadence lured Shining Armor to the dance floor.

Luna looked down at Moonbeam who was smiling up at her. She smiled back. "Mama?" She cooed happily. "Yes sweetheart. Mommy's here." She put her head closer to Moonbeam and Moonbeam reached over and hugged her muzzle. "I won't ever leave you."

Luna nuzzled into Moonbeam and when she went to lift her head she had a little foal attached to her. The Celestia laughed as Luna used her magic to pull Moonbeam off of her face. "Want to go meet the other ponies?"

Moonbeam clapped her hooves together and cooed happily. "Alright" Luna chuckled as she walked down the stairs with Moonbeam and gently set her down on the grass.

"Hello Princess Luna, Hello Princess Moonbeam." Everypony would say as they would pass by. Many would stop and aww at Moonbeam as the little foal crawled across the floor. Some would stop just to watch and see what she would do. But the little foal just kept trucking on.

Then she came to the Mane 6. Twilight smiled and bowed her head at the young princess. Moonbeam smiled and repeating the action that Twilight did, only to hit her face to the floor.

Luna gasped and jumped to help Moonbeam, but when the foal lifted her face she just giggled.

"What did I miss?" Discord said as he appeared on Celestia's back. Celestia was still on the balcony watching over the party. She looked over her shoulder and Discords lips met her own. At first she was bright red and shocked but then she returned it.

Discord smirked as he thrust his tongue into her mouth. Celestia opened her eyes in shock and Discord chuckled as he battled her with her tongue. Celestia blushed and started to fight him back. She gently moaned into the kiss.

Discord broke the kiss for some air. Celestia was breathing like she had just ran a race.

"Was that so bad?" Discord asked. Celestia just shook her head, "Actually I enjoyed it." Then she planted a gentle kiss on his cheek.

"So does this mean we can show our affection for one another without confining to the royal quarters?" Discord asked hopeful.

Celestia smiled and nodded her head. She returned her attention to the party. Discord was now next to her watching as well.

She smiled as she was Moonbeam riding on Apple Jack. Then Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy showed her the basics of opening and closing her wings.

Luna had a wide smiled plastered on her face and even a little tear leaking from the corner of her eye.

"Chocolate for you thoughts my dear." Discord said as he stroked her mane.

Celestia closed her eyes and sighed, enjoying the feeling of his talon running through her mane. "Discord what would you think about..."

Discord stopped stroking her mane and gently grabbed her face and made her look at him, "Just ask me my queen."

Celestia sighed, "What would you think about...being parents."

There was a smile slowly growing on Discords face. "I'd thought you never ask."

Celestia smiled as she stole a kiss of her own. She shocked Discord but then he soon responded.

Twilight looked around. Cadence and Shining Armor were slow dancing. Rainbow Dash and Soarin were laughing together. Rainbow saw an open opportunity and she kissed Soarin on the cheek causing him to blush. Rainbow sported her own shade of red as well.

Pinkie and Cheese were playing leap frog. On the next leap Pinkie landed the wrong way and before she knew it her and Cheese tumbled until they landed. Cheese on top Pinkie on the bottom. Pinkie giggled as Cheese rubbed his nose against hers.

Fluttershy and Big Mac were nuzzling into one another. "I missed you Big Mac. Did you finish all of your work today?"

"Eeyup."

Fluttershy whispered something into his ear and he blushed. He shook his head yes and planted a kiss on Fluttershy's cheek.

It was Fluttershy's turn to blush. She flipped her mane to cover her face. Big Mac lowered his head to Fluttershy's level. He pushed her mane aside and gently touched his lips to her. This time Fluttershy's whole face was beet red. She responded and kissed him back.

Rarity and Fancypants were clinking their glasses together and laughing. Rarity shivered a little. Fancypants saw this and he took off of his jacket and put it on Rarity. Rarity blushed and Fancypants just smiled.

Twilight felt a presence behind her she turned around and saw Flash Sentry. He bowed, "Hello Princess Twilight. I was wondering if I may have the honor of this dance."

Twilight noticed that Vinyl had slowed everything down. Twilight smiled at Flash and said, "Yes."

She placed her hoof in his as he led her to the dance floor.

Celestia gave Rainbow the signal. Rainbow Dash nodded and called the Wonderbolts as they got into position. They soon took off and began their flight routine, causing everypony in the crowd to marvel during the performance, with Rainbow ending the show with a Sonic Rainboom.

As the Rainbow stretched across the sky, Princess Moonbeam cooed happily. Her horn begun to shine and then the stars danced across the sky and fireworks exploded from all directions.


Chrysalis stood alone on top of a mountain, watching the night sky as she smiled wickedly. "That little filly is going to be the best thing that has ever happened to us."

The Changeling Queen chuckled. "I just can't wait till she gets older and her powers become more sporadic. Then we will see Luna's parenting at its finest."