• Published 18th Dec 2014
  • 3,083 Views, 35 Comments

Daughter of the Night - PastelProse



Luna is a mother, who is the father. Many shipping ships in this story. A lot of sweet moments and family time.

  • ...
6
 35
 3,083

Ch 12: Father and Daughter

Luna was curled up on the floor in her magical barrier. Her eyes both closed and she was shivering. Her mane’s flow had slowed substantially.

Chrysalis entered the room as she looked over at Luna. “Don’t start dying on me just yet princess. We need you to stay alive for the grand finale.”

Luna coughed as she weakly lifted up her head and looked up at Chrysalis, “What...What have you been doing to me?”

Chrysalis smiled, “Notice anything about your health? Your power perhaps?”

Luna rolled her eyes, “I am getting weaker. I am not stupid, I know you tampered with my food and water. I have no choice but to eat and drink or else I would die quicker. However, eating and drinking would just prolong the inevitable.”

Chrysalis smiled and stomped her hooves on the ground, “Ding, Ding, Ding! We have a winner. You don’t seem so worried about possibly losing your life.”

Luna looked down as a deep dark chuckle started to erupt from deep in her chest as she raised her chin and looked at Chrysalis.

“You said Possibly…” She whispered.

Chrysalis looked worried at Luna, “What?”

Luna’s gaze locked onto Chrysalis as she smirked, her eyes shifting from her eyes to Nightmare Moons.

“You said probably, which means you yourself don’t even know if your litter tampering is enough to take me down. Shows how much faith you have in yourself.”

Chrysalis growled as she gritted her teeth, “Shut up…”

“You couldn’t pull this off on your own, you needed Sombra didn’t you. He probably accepted your love, but you know that no matter how much you give him, it will never match up to the love he had…still has for me.” Luna continued as her voice began to warp.

Her anger started to grow as Chrysalis walked over to Luna’s prison. She smacked her hoof against it, “Shut your mouth!”

Luna chuckled as her form started to change. She stood up tall her gaze still locked onto Chrysalis, “What is it Chrissy, can’t handle the truth?”

Chrysalis screamed as she started to smack her hooves and elbows onto the barrier.She even started to head butt the barrier as well. “I’m gonna kill you.”

Luna nodded as she continued to add fuel to the fire, “So how does it feel, to never feel true love.”

Chrysalis screamed as she continued to smack the barrier with all of her strength. She was screaming and sounding completely feral.

Sombra ran in and gave a worried look at what he saw. He ran over and managed to restrained Chrysalis. He used his magic to strengthen the barrier.

Chrysalis had her gaze fixed on Luna, her mane was a mess and her eyes were hungry for blood.

“Screw you Luna, I hope you burn in tartarus you stupid wrench.” Crysalis screamed as Sombra continued to hold her back.

Luna chuckled, “Is that supposed to scare me? Hurt my feelings?”

Sombra looked at Luna and his jaw dropped. He saw the power that was coursing through her. Even though she was getting weaker by the day she still had enough power to match, if not outmatch him and Chrysalis.

Sombra knew that she was using what little power she possessed and despite all of the smoke and mirrors it wasn’t a lot.

Chrysalis continues to struggle against Sombra’s hold, he looked at her eyes she seemed completely gone. He grabbed her chin. Instantly the power Luna had started to fade.

Sombra hugged Chrysalis close as he rested his lips onto hers. Chrysalis ceased her flailing and started to relax in his grip. Luna collapsed onto the floor in a heap, not only did her plan fall, but her heart was breaking.

When Sombra broke the kiss Chrysalis licked her lips, “Oh...Sombra, you ladies man. Those lips are even sweeter than love.”

Chrysalis looked over at Luna as she saw Luna’s head hanging love as a small dark cloud began to form. The first time they kissed Chrysalis has kissed him, but this time...he kissed her.

Luna sniffled as she rested her head in her hooves. Sombra looked away, he didn’t want to see the princess in that state. He grabbed his spellbook and made his way home.

Chrysalis just watched him as he left and then turned her attention back to Luna. “Brava dear, you almost had me. You got my anger to build to the point of bloodlust. I applaud you, you would have escaped if I would have broken that barrier. But what would have been your course of action once it was gone, you know I would have snapped your neck right?”

Luna just stared at the ground.She nodded her head to the left quickly to make her messy mane cover her face.

Chrysalis chuckled as she looked down at Luna. “What a poor unfortunate soul.” Chrysalis laughter rumbled deep in her throat as it grew louder. She turned on her heel still laughing as she left Luna alone with her thoughts.

Luna sighed, “How could this get any worse?” She said as she looked up and stared off into space as Chrysalis’s laughter echoed through the walls.


Sombra entered his home, he pushed the door closed with a tight slam again the howling wind of the snowstorm. He hung up his scarf and placed his spellbook gently on the table.

He walked to the kitchen and fetched himself a small cup of coffee. He took it black and straight as he trotted over to the living room. He sat down in his chair near the fireplace as he set his coffee on the little table next to the chair. He levitated his spell book over to him as he opened it and flipped through the pages.

Halfway through a page, his mind seemed to wander and his eyes began to follow. He looked over to his hallway. He wondered if the little filly he brought home had woken up yet. He decided against going in and checking on her. His eyes traveled back down to his spellbook and he picked up where he left off.


The little filly’s eyes fluttered open, she slowly sat up as she rubbed her eyes. She felt a resounding pain in her head, but it soon faded.

She turned her body as she let her hooves hand over the side of the bed. She climbed down and walked over to the bathroom. She turned on the sink and washed her hands and her face. She looked at herself in the mirror as she dried her face off. She turned the water off and continued to look at the face staring back at her. She saw bright silver eyes looking back at her, a black messy mane that draped over her shoulder. She looked at her reflection and eyeballed the transparent strip that ran through her mane.

“What is this?” She soon shrugged it off as she picked up the Brush and fixed her hair. She then climbed down and made her way to the hallway. She slowly trotted down the hallway looking around for anything that would jog her memory and tell her where she was. She didn’t recognize anything as she continued to look around at the bare walls and peek into the other rooms.

One was a small library loaded with books, the other was a room with a bunch of potions with papers littering the floor. She walked past the kitchen and into the living room. She saw a tall stallion sitting in a chair, his nose attached to his book.

She walked over to him and sat in front of him. She waited a good few minutes to see if he would look up. When he didn’t she cleared her throat. The book slowly started to drop as the stallions face rose to look at the small filly.

“Um. Hi Mister. I hate to be a bother but could you tell me where I am?” She asked.

Sombra sighed as he set his book down on his table. “We are in my house.”

“I get that, but where?” She replied.

Sombra chuckled, “Very Very far away from the crystal empire.”

The filly tilted her head confused, “How did I get here?”

“I brought you here once I found you passed out in the snow.” He said.

The filly looked around the living room curiously. Her ears perked back a little at the sound of the wind howling. “What was I doing out in this blizzard?”

“I don’t know kid you tell me.”

The filly looked at the ground as she shook her head, “I don’t remember.”

Sombra’s eyes widened, “Interesting, well do you have any means of reaching your parents. Maybe an address that we can send a letter too?”

She shook her head again, “No I don’t even remember if I have parents.”

Sombra nodded as he grunted, “That is odd. Well you are welcome to stay here as long as you like. The only rule being that you are not allowed in the potion room.”

The young filly nodded.

“Do you at least remember your name?” Sombra asked.

The filly looked around and soon stared off into space as she entered deep thought.

“M...M...M...Mo?” The filly mumbled.

Sombra quirked an eyebrow. “Mo?”

The filly jumped up, “Its Momo, I remember the name Momo”

Sombra chuckled at her behavior, “Alright, Momo it is.”

Momo turned her attention to the book that was sitting on his table. “What were you reading?”

Sombra picked up the book, he smirk as he came up with an idea, “It is a magical tale about a princess who meets a daring prince and they ride on a magical dragon to save the trolls of cantermore from the evil Dr. Doom and…”

Momo put her hoof up, “Let me stop ya right there mister. I maybe a filly but I can clearly see that the book has a dark magic insignia on it. So I believe that is either a spellbook or a history book. Given how worn the pages are I would say spellbook, because no one reads a history book.”

Sombra’s eyes widened. He went to speak. Momo cut him off again. “I maybe a filly mister, but do not insult my intelligence.”

Sombra snickers and laughs, “Well, well, well excuse me young one.”

MoMo smiled, “What do I call you mister, do you have name?”

Sombra nodded, “My name is sombra.”

“Sombra. Sombra… Yeah I like that name.” MoMo said as she walked over closer to him.

Sombra smiled as he looked at her and then his book. “Do you wanna read it?”

“Can you read it to me, I don’t remember if I know how to read or not. I would rather not embarrass myself.” MoMo said.

Sombra chuckled as he picked her up and sat her on his lap, “Okay, I will read it to you.”

He flipped open to the first page, “Now this is the spell that is used to control the shadows…”