• Published 18th Dec 2014
  • 3,058 Views, 35 Comments

Daughter of the Night - PastelProse



Luna is a mother, who is the father. Many shipping ships in this story. A lot of sweet moments and family time.

  • ...
6
 35
 3,058

Ch 15: Punishment and Plan

Bullseye took a few step backs as he watched Moonbeam sprout a horn from her head. She screamed as the pain was too much.

“What’s Happening?”

Moonbeam fell to the ground. She sniffled and cried as she struggled to stand on all four hooves.

‘MOONBEAM!’ Lilly screamed.

The memories came flooding back, she saw her. She saw her mother, leaving. She saw herself running away to find her. She saw herself in school, her friends, her family. She shook her head as she growled trying to fight the ringing in her ear and the flooding of her memories. With the overload it felt like her brain was melting and dripping out of her ears.

She reached up with her hoof and felt something wet and warm on her ear, she brought her hoof to her face. Her vision blurred and the whole world was shaking before her eyes. She looked at her hoof and squinted as her vision was blurry. She was able to make out some dark red liquid.

“What the hell? Screw this.” Bullseye said as he turned on his heel and ran out of the house leaving the door open and letting the snow blow through.

Moonbeam blinked as her vision slowly started to return to her. She saw the wide open door and looked around at the house she was in. It looked very familiar. She shook her head as she whispered, “I want mom.”

‘Come on MoMo, we have to go get our mother!’ Lilly said.

Moonbeam nodded as she ran to the room she was staying in. She grabbed her stuff and some extra food from the fridge. She strapped on her saddlebag and wrapped herself in her coat. She walked to the door and turned to look at the house once more. She ran to the study and grabbed the spellbook that she has been reading and that he read to her before she left. She closed the door behind her as she started to make her trek through the snow.

Moonbeam’s head hung low as she pushed against the brutal wind. The snow and ice whipped and smacked her in the face. Her horn was glowing dimly as she remembered how to use basic spells.

‘Lilith what happened?’ Moonbeam asked.

Moonbeam looked up and saw a shadowed outline of Lilith in front of her. She gasped and fell back.

Lilith giggled, “Sorry didn’t mean to surprise you. I just thought it would be easier if we did this together. While I can’t completely escape from our mind, I am able to project a shadowed image of myself through your horn.”

“That is really cool. I guess we are stronger than we realize. But don’t ever scare me again!” She smiled as she pushed forward.

Lily nodded as she followed Moonbeam.

“There is something over that hill there, I see light!” Lilly said.

Moonbeam nodded as she pushed with all her strength. She continued to the source of the light. She stumbled as she got to the top of the hill. She looked and blinked.

“HOW! Lily we got turned around!” Moonbeam tried to turn around, but before she did she heard, “WE FOUND HER!”

“Run!” Lily shouted before she disappeared back into Moonbeams horn. Moonbeam shook herself off as she started to run down the hill. Losing her footing she tumbled to the bottom of the hill. She landed flat on her stomach, using every bit of her strength she got onto all four hooves. She started to try and run through the snow. She panted as her hooves kept getting caught in the deep snow. A guard grabbed her and seized her by her saddlebag.

“WE GOT THE PRINCESS! ALERT PRINCESS CADENCE!” The guard yelled.

Moonbeam kicked and screamed, “LET GO!”

The guard touched his horn with Moon’s and she felt her eyes droop and drop as she faded away.


Moonbeam rubbed her eyes as she slowly started to wake. She sneezed as she sat up in the bed. She looked around as her vision started to focus.

She saw Blitzen sitting in a chair reading a book. Moonbeam groaned as she felt her head pounding.

“Good morning Princess.” Blitzen said as he got up and gave her a glass of water. Moonbeam didn’t realize how parched she was until she drunk the glass in one swift gulp.

“How are ya feeling?” He asked.

Moonbeam sighed and nodded, “Could be better. Let me guess you are gonna call me stupid?”

Blitzen shook his head. The look he had on his face was on of concern and that kinda confused Moonbeam.

“I thought you didn’t like me?” She asked.

“I don’t like the stupid decisions you make. But I don’t hate you. You are my well, you’re my friend.” Blitzen said.

Moonbeam blushed a little.

“In all honesty I expected you to be some sort of spoiled brat when I first met you. That was why i was so cold. But since you ran away to try and find you mother. I honestly have a new level of respect for you.” Blitzen stated.

Moonbeam smiled, “Th...thank you.”

Blitzen smiled back, “You’re welcome.”

There was a soft knock at the door and before Moonbeam could open her mouth the door cracked to reveal her cousin and her friends.

They all walked over to her, cupcake jumped on her and hugged her tight.

“We thought you were dead.”

“We thought you were hurt.”

“Don’t ever do that again. EVER.”

They all chattered as they surrounded Moonbeam and showered her with love and affection. Blitzen just smiled as he walked out leaving the room.

“Where did you go?”

“How did you survive?”

“Did you find your mother?”

Moonbeam was a little flustered as she tried to answer all the questions in order.

“How did you get your horn back?”

Moonbeam quieted everyone down, and began to tell them everything. She told them how she was lost in the snow. She lost most of her memory, how she met Sombra. How he taught her things. Then her memories came back and her horn regrew. She looked around curiously.

“Wait where did my bags go?” She asked.

“The guards took your bags when they dragged you in here. Cadence has them in her quarters.”

“I need my bags.” Moonbeam got up and stretched her legs.

“Maybe you shouldn’t…” Emerald began.

“I’m fine.” Moonbeam said as she awkwardly got a hold of her ground. She started to trot to the throne room. The group followed behind her.


The guards watched as the princess made her way to the throne room. Opening the doors she saw that Cadence was sitting in her throne talking to Twilight and they both looked distraught. Once they noticed that Moonbeam was in the room, they both turned their attention to her and looked at her as she approached.

The group stayed back at the doors while Moonbeam approached the throne. She looked a little worried, but calmed when she saw bother her aunties expressions was more concerened then upset.

“So...Hey guys.” Moonbeam chuckled.

Twilight nodded as Cadence spoke, “How was your nap Moonbeam?”

“It was good, just what I needed. Um...have you seen my saddlebag anywhere?” She asked scratching the back of her head.

“Yes, I had one of the guards confiscate it. But we can give it back now.” Cadence said as she motioned for the guard to bring her bag.

Moonbeam snatched it away, causing Twilight to clear her throat at the fillies rudeness. She ruffled through the bag and looked back up at Cadence, “Wha…?”

“Oh if you are looking for the Dark magic spell book, I had that taken away and sent to a secure location where it won’t cause any harm.” Cadence said.

“Wait, it’s a book. What harm could it cause?” Moonbeam asked.

“Momo its dark magic. Dark magic is evil.” Twilight said.

“No it isn’t, i...its just unorthedox!” Moonbeam yelled.

“Moonbeam you are in enough trouble. I will not have you raising your voice to your auntie.” Cadence said.

“You aren’t my mother.” Moonbeam growled.

“I may not be but she will be very disappointed to hear about your tone and current behavior young lady.” Cadence stated.

“What do you mean? You...You guys stopped looking for her!” Moonbeam yelled.

“Moonbeam, excuse you!” Cadence said as she raised her voice.

“No, Excuse you. Instead of sitting in the palace why aren’t these dumb guards looking for my mother. Give me my book back!” Moonbeam yelled.

“You are behaving like a foal. That book is not longer yours, it belongs to the castel.”

“It wasn’t mine to begin with, I borrowed it from Sombra!”

The room grew quiet. Everyone's eyes was on Moonbeam. Her face was red with anger as she stared at Cadence.

“You met him?” Cadence whispered.

“Yes I did, and he was really nice.”

“What did he tell you?” She asked.

“Nothing, he met me without my horn and when my memory was gone.”

Twilight looked at Cadence, “She had short term amnesia. But how could he not tell?”

“How could he not tell what?” Moonbeam asked interrupting.

Cadence looked at Twilight, “I do not know. But now that he knows what she looks like, we need to have around the clock patrol. She will not be allowed to leave the castle for any circumstance.” Cadence said as she called guards over.

“Wait what, you can’t do that!” Moonbeam yelled.

“I can and I will if that means protecting you from that monster.”

“He isn’t a monster, he is my friend. And I want his book back.” Moonbeam whined.

“You will stay in this castle where we can watch you. We will not have the future princess of the night coming up missing.”

“But…”

“Moonbeam, this is the final decision. You do not get a say. You do not get to add on. You do not get to interject. To your room Now!” Cadence said stomping her hoof on her armrest.

Moonbeam puffed out her cheeks in anger as she planted her hooves to the ground.

“I said MOVE!” Cadence yelled.

Moonbeam growled as she turned and stomped her way to her room. Two guards trailing close behind her.

Moonbeam paced in her room as she looked at her door. There were two guards outside of her door. She looked at her window there was a guard posted on the roof.

She grumbled as she flopped onto her bed, “Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!.”

She screamed into the pillow before laying there in silence. Moonbeam felt magic surge through her horn and she turned her head to the side to see Lilith standing there.

“Maybe I can be of assistance?” Lilly giggled.

“How so?” Moonbeam asked as she sat up.

“Well, if I can see through your eyes. You should be able to see through mine.” Lilly stated.

“I don’t know…”

“Momo, I know you have felt it. An unexplainable power surge that no one can explain. And something dark is going on. I know you feel just as scared and nervous as I do. There is something they aren’t telling us. I bet if we get that book back we will have a way to find mother.” Lilly said.

“I don’t know, what if we can’t find her?” She asked.

“Momo we have to try.”

There was a soft knock at the door that jolted the two into alert mode. Lily disappeared back into Moonbeams horn as Moonbeam invited the knocker.

Blitzen entered the room, the guards giving him a dirty look as he passed.

“I don’t know what is going on here, but it’s obvious. You need that book.” He said.

Moonbeam cocked an eyebrow, “Blitzen, how did ya…?”

“I heard all the commotion in the throne room. Look I don’t think that it will be wise for you to risk your neck to find your mother but, i understand where you are coming from…”

Moonbeam went to speak. Blitzen raised his hoof to silence her.

“I know I can’t stop you, so I want to help you.”

“Can we keep him?” Lily asked as she appeared in from of the colt.

Blitzen gasped and fell back, “What the?”

“Oh you can see her, wait can you hear her?” Moonbeam asked.

“Who is that.” Blitzen said as he pointed to the shadowed pony figure with his hoof.

“I’m Lilith you peasant!”

“Lily be nice.” Moonbeam face hoofed.

“You got it boss.” Lily giggled as she saluted.

“Blitzen, this is Lily. She is apart of me.” Moonbeam said.

“Well...n..nice to meet you.” Blitzen said.

“He’s cute, lets keep him” Lily said.

“Shut up!” Moonbeam grumbled.

“So…” Lily smiled as she floated closer to Blitzen’s face, “What’s the plan?”

Comments ( 6 )

Can I please get a link to Moon Solace/KuroMasaru's DA profile? You reply to comments by moving your mouse over to the right-hand corner of the comment you want to reply to then clicking on the >> that appears.

7997270

There is a secret, you google it.

Lily reminds me of Midna from TP.

Continua essa história precisa de um final 🙏😭

BRO WE WANT MOREE 😭😭😭

Eny

I want more 😭

Login or register to comment