• Published 18th Dec 2014
  • 3,082 Views, 35 Comments

Daughter of the Night - PastelProse



Luna is a mother, who is the father. Many shipping ships in this story. A lot of sweet moments and family time.

  • ...
6
 35
 3,082

Ch 9: The Elephant in the Room

Luna groaned as she opened her eyes. Her vision started to clear and she realized that she was still in her prison bubble. She raised her head and saw that the only pony in the room was Sombra and he has his back facing her.

“Sombra…” She croaked out in a hoarse voice.

He didn’t turn, he didn’t acknowledge her existence.

“S...Sombra…” She croaked again.

His horn glowed as a glass of water appeared next to Luna.

“There, now shut up.” He said.

Luna drunk from the water greedily. She sighed when she finished the glass. She looked back at Sombra.

“Sombra?” She asked.

He didn’t respond.

“Please talk to me?” Luna asked.

Sombra shook his head.

Luna growled as she stood up and hit the bubble with her hoof, “Please.”

Sombra continued to ignore her.

Luna's expression twisted in anger and she yelled.

"Why are so angry with me?! You have no right to be!"

Sombra turned around, his expression also twisted in anger.

"I have no right to be mad! NO RIGHT! After you and your sister banished me to my icy prison! Then to have my return be in thwarted because that purple pony and her little dragon!" Sombra yelled, his deep voice vibrating the walls of the cavern.

"YOU WERE THE POWER HUNGRY ASSHOLE WHO PUT EVERYPONY'S LIFE AT RISK, INCLUDING YOUR OWN, WITH THAT DAMN DARK MAGIC!" Luna screamed.

"THE ONLY REASON I DID THAT WAS BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!" Sombra screamed back.

"YOU LOVE ME ENOUGH TO ALMOST KILLS YOURSELF AND EVERYPONY ELSE THAT I LOVE AND CARE ABOUT!!" Luna screamed.

"YOU KNOW AS WELL AS I DO THAT YOUR MAGIC SURPASSED MINE AND THAT THE DELEGATES AND ROYALS WOULD JUDGE YOU FOR BEING WITH ME!!! I DID WHAT I HAD TO SO THAT WE CAN BE TOGETHER, WHY DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT!?" Sombra screamed back.

"BECAUSE IT WAS STUPID SOMBRA!!" Luna screamed

Sombra took a deep breath as his head hung low. He gently whispered, "Then I guess my love for you was stupid."

Luna was taken aback by this. She backed up as she gently whispered, "Sombra..."

Sombra looked back at Luna with a look of pure hate and malice.

"I hope you rot in here"


Moonbeam yawned as she opened her eyes and blinked a few times.

She realized that she was in her bed. Whirlwind and Nova were snoring and drooling away.

'You can't sleep either, can you MoMo?'

'No I can't Lilly. What about you?' Moonbeam asked.

'I am apart of you, so if you can't sleep of course I can't sleep. It's not like I am sentient or anything.' Lilith said.

Moonbeam sighed as she sat up and rubbed her head.

'Hey...MoMo, I have lost contact with mother.' Lilith said.

'Wait you have contact with my mother? Why didn't you tell me?' Moonbeam asked, her facial expression matching the tone of her thoughts.

'Because she isn't your mother. She is mine.' Lilith said

'Huh, How?' Moonbeam asked.

'I really don't want to talk about it.' Lilith said.

'Why not?' Moonbeam asked

'Because you aren't ready to know. Just know that as of right now we are on our own.' Lilith said.

Moonbeam decided to drop it for the sake of not wanted to anger Lilly.

'Lilly?'

'Yeah?'

'Do you think I will see my mom soon?' Moonbeam asked.

'I can't answer that because, I am unsure.' Lilith said.

Moonbeam laid down and cuddled into her pillow as she looked out the window and watched as the stars danced against the silent night sky.


Moonbeam woke up to Twilight gently shaking her awake.

"Time to get up and get ready for school." Twilight said as she walked over to Nova's bed and shook him awake, then repeating the process with Whirlwind.

They groaned as they dragged themselves out of their beds and mad their way to the bathroom.

Moonbeam was the first out of the bathroom and she was sitting at the table waiting for the boys.

Star was sitting in her high chair and she was feeding herself applesauce. Moonbeam rested her head on her hoof.

Twilight came downstairs and gently rested her hoof on Moonbeams back.

Moonbeam looked up and smiled as she enjoyed the comfort.

There was a rough knock on the door.

Twilight sighed, "Now who could that be?"

She opened the door and Spike stood there with Applejack and their two little dragon ponies.

"Hi auntie Twilight." Sapphire said.

Twilight gently patted her head, "Hey there kiddo, how are you?"

"Good, daddy brought us here because he is has a letter for you." Sapphire said as she entered the castle.

Twilight smiled as Spike handed her the letter, "Here Twilight, this is for you."

Twilight smiled as she took the letter and opened it. She read it to herself and her expression changed. She looked up at Spike and said, "Can I speak to you and Applejack privately?"

Spike nodded as both he and Applejack followed Twilight to the other room. Moonbeam looked up confused.

‘I wonder what is going on?’ Lilith asked

‘Me too’ Moonbeam replied.

Moonbeam got out of her chair and made her way to the room that Twilight had taken Applejack and Spike too. She got close enough to make out them whispering. She tried to get closer, but by this time the boys had came bolting down the stairs.

Moonbeam tried to look for an escape route but it was too late, they ran into her full force and the three tumbled until they landed into a chaotic pile of ponies.

Whirlwind, Moonbeam, and Nova broke out into uncontrollable laughter.

“Let’s do that again!” Whirlwind laughed.

Twilight poked her head out of the room to see what all of the ruckus was about. She smiled when she saw the three on the floor, laughing away.

“Would you kids be alright walking to school by yourselves today? I have so things I need to take care of here.” She asked.

Nova stood up and brushed himself off, “Of course mom.”

Whirlwind stood up and saluted Twilight, “Aye Aye Captain!”

Moonbeam face hoofed as she stood up and grabbed her bag from the table.

“Okay you three, try to have a good day in school today.” Twilight said as she made her way over to them.

She gave Nova a kiss on his forehead and hugged Whirlwind and Moonbeam.

‘Lilly, you there?’ Moonbeam asked.

‘Where else could I go? Hayburger?’ Lilith asked in a sarcastic tone.

Moonbeam frowned, ‘If only there was a way that I could pop you in the back of your head, that would be satisfying right now?’

‘Oh shut your muzzle. On a serious note though, Moonbeam we need to talk when you have a chance. You still know how to get here right?’ Lilith asked.

‘Yeah, but why can’t we just talk like this?’ Moonbeam asked feeling a little worried.

‘Because, I need to tell you something important. I can feel that something weird is going on and I feel like we might be in danger.’ Lilith said.

‘Okay, how about tonight? Instead of dreaming I can just talk to you.’ Moonbeam suggested.

‘Perfect,’ Lilith said.


Moonbeam sighed when she saw the school appearing over the distance.

Whirlwind and Nova were talking to Sapphire. Redhot was resting on Sapphires back.

Moonbeam smiled, but her smile wasn’t sincere. Lilith could sense it.

‘What’s the matter?’ Lilith asked.

‘This is only my third day of school and I have already managed to lose my horn, get detention, and pass out in class. I know this is my first time in public school, but I am pretty sure it isn’t supposed to play out like this.’ Moonbeam said.

“...What do you think MoMo?” Whirlwind asked.

Moonbeam looked over at the group, “Umm...Can you repeat the question?”

“I want to make Cupcake a present. I wanted to try and bake her something without using my magic.” Whirlwind said

Nova laughed, “My mother is not going to let you near anything flammable. Do you remember who your father is?”

Everyone chuckled and Whirlwind bopped Nova on the back of his head, “Flankface.”

“Whirlwind, you seriously like Cupcake don’t you?” Moonbeam asked.

Whirlwind blushed and shrunk himself.

“I am not trying to pick on your cousin. I think it is really sweet that you want to make her a present, it shows how much you care.” Moonbeam said.

“You really think so.” said tiny Whirlwind.

Moonbeam nodded, “I know so.”

The group made their way into the building and they dispersed going to their separate classes.

‘Lilly?’ Moonbeam called.

No answer.

‘Lilly?’

Again Silence.

‘Lil...’

Moonbeams thought was cut off as she fell back. She rubbed her head as she looked up to see who she had bumped into.

“We have to stop bumping into each other like this.” Bullseye said as he offered her is hoof.

She took it and he helped her off of the ground.

“Thanks,” She said an apparent blush creeping into her cheeks.

“Don’t mention it, you are actually just the filly I wanted to see.” Bullseye said.

“Huh?” Moonbeam asked looking a little dumbfounded.

“I was wondering if you wanted to go to Sugarcube Corner with me today?” Bullseye

Moonbeam blushed as her entire face turned red. She just stared at him as she struggled to speak.

Moonbeam cleared her throat and just as she was about to give him an answer her name was screamed from across the hall.

She looked to the source of the scream and she saw Blitzen calling her.

"Sorry, if you could excuse me for a second." Moonbeam said as she ran over to Blitzen.

"What do you want?" She asked with a hostile tone.

"Nova wants to talk to you." Blitzen said looking indifferent.

"Can't he wait?" Moonbeam asked.

"No Princess, he needs you now!" Blitzen said putting emphasis on the word princess.

Moonbeam rolled her eyes as she reluctantly followed Blitzen. She looked back at Bullseye and gave him an apologetic look. He nodded and walked away.

Moonbeam joined the group and looked at Nova. "What is it? What is so important that you need me now?" She asked still a little agitated.

Nova looked at her confused, "I didn't call for you."

Moonbeam's attitude shifted, "Blitzen said you did."

"Well I didn't."

Moonbeam growled under her breath as she looked around for Blitzen. She realized that he has mysteriously disappeared.

'Smell that?' Lilith asked.

'Yeah' Moonbeam replied.

'Smells like bullshit.' They said in unison.


Twilight was looking down as she read the letter out loud to Spike and Applejack.

"So what are we going to do about the children?" Spike asked.

"Ah don't know, but we haveta think of something." Applejack said.

"Well we can't just pull them all outta school." Spike responded.

"We may not have a choice" Twilight said.