• Published 18th Dec 2014
  • 3,078 Views, 35 Comments

Daughter of the Night - PastelProse



Luna is a mother, who is the father. Many shipping ships in this story. A lot of sweet moments and family time.

  • ...
6
 35
 3,078

Ch 4: Meeting the Gang

Author's Note:

I know it has been a while since I updated this Fanfiction. I am currently working on my other one "Element of Acceptance" and the chapters for this one are very long. I also have had sort of a writers block when it comes to this Fanfic. Don't worry though I haven't forgotten about it. I am finding a healthy balance between this one and the other. Besides this one isn't as popular as EoA.

Luna woke up to Moonbeam shaking her. "Mom are you ok?" Luna sat up and looked around the room as she pulled Moonbeam into a tight hug.

"Mom I can't breath..." Moon gasped as Luna released her from her grip.

"I'm sorry sweetheart. I just had a terrible nightmare..” Luna sighed as she turned her attention to Moonbeam as a thought crossed her mind,

“You didn’t see my dream did you?” Luna asked.

Moonbeam shook her head, "You haven't taught me how to do enter dreams yet."

"Oh good.” Luna sighed in relief.

Luna looked to her window and saw the sun setting. Changing the subject she looked over at Moonbeam, who was looking at her worried.

“Want to help me make the night?” Luna asked.

Moonbeam gasped, “Can I really mom?”

Luna nodded, “I will let you make the stars”

Moonbeam bounced around her mother in joy.

Luna chuckled but then she stopped and looked at the window with one eyebrow raised. "That's weird we didn't have a thunderstorm scheduled for tonight."

She walked to the window and looked outside. Moonbeam was soon by her side being nosy.

Luna chuckled when she saw Discord chasing Whirlwind around. Whirlwind would spin himself into a little tornado and would spin across the whole yard.

"Mom clouds aren't supposed to be pink are they?" Moonbeam asked.

Discord rarely ever used his magic. Whenever he did he made sure the kids weren't around. "No it's not sweetheart."

Luna opened the window and shouted. "Ohhhh Discord I'm telling Tia!"

Discord had a hold of Whirlwinds back hoofs and was being dragged across the garden. "You better not Lulu or I will..."

"I'm sending my daughter to tell right now!" Luna looked down at Moonbeam. "Momo Go wake up your auntie Tia. Tell her that your uncle needs help."

Moonbeam saluted her mother and ran off.

"Discord you are so going to get it. Did you give him chocolate milk!?" Luna yelled over the sound of the thunder.

"No I gave him....AHHH...Strawberry!" Discord said as he lost control of Whirlwind and face planted into a tree.


Moonbeam ran into the room. She jumped onto the bed. "Auntie Tia, Auntie Tia!" She yelled as Celestia's eyes started to flutter open.

"What is it Momo?" Celestia as she yawned and sat up looking at Moonbeam a little annoyed.

"Whirlwind is out of control. Uncle Dizzy can't stop him. He needs your help?" Moonbeam said as she hopped off of the bed.

Celestia sighed as she slid off of the bed. "Did he give him chocolate milk?"

Moonbeam shrugged her shoulders.

Celestia sighed again, "Ok Moonbeam lets go." Celestia walked out of the room and Moonbeam followed.


Whirlwind was flying in circles. He was starting to make a cotton candynado. Moonbeam walked outside with Celestia following. "Oh my Equestria." Moonbeam said.

Discord was standing in one spot watching covered in cotton candy. "DISCORD!" Celestia yelled as she walked up to him and stomped on his tail. "What did you give our son!"

Discord howled in pain as he looked at Celestia, "Strawberry Milk." He whined.

Celestia gave him a look of pure anger. She sighed as she rubbed her forehead. The candynado was getting bigger.

"Did you try grabbing him!?" Celestia yelled as the thunder and lightning crackled.

Discord shook his head. Celestia rubbed her head. "I have an idea!"

Celestia motioned for Moonbeam to step forward. Moonbeam walked up and stood next to Celestia.

"I need you to challenge Whirlwind to a competition.It could be anything, a game of tag or a race!" Celestia yelled.

Discord and Moonbeam shared a look of confusion. “Why me auntie Tia?” She asked.

“Because you know how competitive your cousin can be. I think the running or flying might wear him out.” Celestia said hopeful as she looked up at her son.

Moonbeam got closer to the Candynado and yelled "I'm faster than Whirlwind! I'm faster than Whirlwind!"

The Candynado came to a complete halt. Whirlwind flew down to Moonbeam's level and yelled, "No you aren't why just today I broke your perfect tag record."

Moonbeam pouted as she didn’t want to be reminded of that. "Oh yeah how about a little friendly competition. This one is for all of the marbles." Moonbeam said.

Luna joined Celestia and Discord. "Your daughter is a good actress." Discord whispered.

"Ok where to?" Whirlwind asked.

Moonbeam pondered for a moment then it came to her and she said, "To Saddle Arabia and back. First one here will be deemed fastest in Canterlot." She got into position her wings open.

Whirlwind landed right next to her, "Deal."

Discord snapped his fingers and appeared in front of them. He had a green flag in his hand, blonde ponytails and a tube shirt and shorts. "Ready...Set...Go!"

Moonbeam stayed in place as Whirlwind flew off. Moonbeam walked back and joined Celestia. Luna patter her daughter on the head.

Celestia counted down. "3...2...1.”

Sure enough there was a cloud carrying a sleeping Whirlwind approaching the garden. The cloud was being pushed by two royal guards.

"Thank you Momo." Celestia said as she used her magic to pull the cloud in. The guards nodded as they flew off. Moonbeam smiled and shook her head as Discord collected the passed out foal.

Celestia then turned her attention to Discord, "As for you mister...wait till we get to the room."

Discord growled at Luna as Celestia walked away. "Thanks Lulu."

Luna grinned, "Anytime." Luna high hoofed her daughter.

"Now that that's over. How about we start making the night?” Luna said as she pulled Moonbeam in for a hug.

Moonbeam nodded, “I’m ready, I know I can do this mom.”

Luna smiled, "You remember what I taught you right?"

Moonbeam nodded her head.

"Okay you can do the stars here and the ones over ponyville. Do you remember the locations of the constellations?" Luna asked.

Moonbeam didn't look very confident as she scratched her mane, "Umm...sure"

Luna frowned. Moonbeam smiled innocently.

"Okay, but remember once you are done with the stars you are to come straight back." Luna said stomping her hoof into the ground to really send the message home. Moonbeam nodded her head.

Luna nuzzled into Moonbeams face. "Be careful please. The night maybe beautiful, but creatures still lurk."

Luna opened her wings and took off.

Moonbeam smiled, her eyes shining. "Mom is starting to let me do more now. Does she trust me? WHAHOO! I won't let her down."

Moonbeam opened her wings and took off. Her horn glowed light blue as she started to shoot blasts at the night sky. Each blast would freeze once it hit the sky and turn into a star.

Moonbeam sighed and rubbed the sweat forming on her forehead. She looked at the sky frowning, "It's missing something...Oh yeah."

She pointed her horn to the stars and soon lit each of them up. She grunted as she closed her eyes, the stars slowly began to twinkle.

Moonbeam floated back to the ground. "That was hard. Now I have to do the ones over Ponyville."

She opened her wings and took off. She hummed a little tune as she flew. She looked down and saw a little black creature with blue wings and eyes. She decided to ignore it and continued on her way.

She soon saw Twilight's castle appearing over the horizon. "Mom wouldn't mind if I paid auntie Twilight a quick visit.”

Moonbeam flew closer, she realized that there was one window with a light on. The window was open and there were giggling and laughing coming out of it. Moonbeam got closer and sat on the branch closest to it.

"He's not going to make it." One pony said, it sounded like a filly.

"He is too you just watch him, Blitzen can do anything." That one sounded like a colt.

Moonbeam heard a sound a jet engine and before she knew it her whole world went black.


"Is she dead?"

"She ain't moving."

"Jeez Blitzen Bolt why did you have to go an kill her?"

"I didn't she was in the way of my landing."

Moonbeam stirred and every pony in the room gasped. Her eyes slowly fluttered open. "What's going on?"

She sat up and rubbed her head. She realized she was completely surrounded by other ponies, all around her age.

"Our friend here Blitzen Bolt kind of knocked you out." A filly said. She had a blue coat with a dark blue mane with streaks of blonde running through it and a dragons tail with a flaming blue tip, bright blue eyes, a blue flame cutie mark and instead of hooves she had claws and dragon wings.

"No offense but you kind of threw off my entrance. Who are you anyway?" asked a young pegasus colt. He sported a dark blue coat a white and yellow mane and tail. The yellow in his name resembled a lightning bolt. He had magenta eyes and a two lightning bolts connected at the top corner as his cutie mark.

"Well I...umm...I...Is Super Nova here?" Moonbeam asked feeling a little uncomfortable.

"Cousin?" A little alicorn asked as he walked forward. The other ponies stepped aside so he could enter the circle. He had a light gray coat, a dark purple mane with an even darker blue strip running through it and a matching tail, blue eyes and a blank flank.

"Hey cousin. What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to come say hi...but I see you have company." Moonbeam said looking around at all of the other ponies.

"Oh I'm sorry where are my manners. Moonbeam these are my friends. This colt here is Little Macintosh, and those are his identical twin Pegasisters, Firefly and Butterfly."

The colt was an earth pony. He had and orange coat and red mane and tail, blue eyes, and he had an apple slice as his cutie mark. Firefly had a yellow coat with a red mane and tail, green eyes, and a blank flank. Butterfly had a pastel pink coat with a pastel yellow mane and tail, green eyes and a blank flank.

"These guys over here are triplets. Meet CheeseCake, Cupcake, and GrilledCheese."

They were all earth ponies, they all had the same curly mane. GrilledCheese was the only boy, the other two were girls.

CheeseCake had a light brown coat with a bright yellow mane and tail, yellow eyes and a pile of rock candy as her cutie mark. Cupcake had a soft pink coat with a brown mane and tail. She had little flicks of pink in her mane that looked like sprinkles. She had blue eyes and a cupcake as her cutie mark. GrilledCheese had a yellow coat with a light brown mane and tail, green eyes and a rubber chicken as his cutie mark.

"Here of course we Blitzen Bolt who you have kind of already met. Then there is his little sister Rainboom."

Rainboom had a pure white coat with a rainbow colored mane and tail, red eyes and a blank flank.

"That over there is Sappireflame, and her little brother Redhot."

Super Nova pointed to the blue dragon/pony Moonbeam had met before. Redhot was different. He had a orange coat with a green mane and dragons tail with a flaming red tip, red eyes and a red and orange flame cutie mark, with dragon claws and wings.

"Then over here we have Emerald and Ruby."

They were both unicorns. Emerald had a light green coat with a light purple mane and tail, blue eyes and a jewelry box cutie mark. Ruby had a light red coat with a light blue mane and tail, blue eyes and a blank flank.

"Oh have you met my baby sister yet?"

Moonbeam shook her head.

"Hang on a sec.” SuperNova said as he ran out of the room.

Moonbeam was left alone with the new ponies. "Well now that we have been introduced what is your name?" Emerald asked.

"I'm Moonbeam."

"WAIT A MINUTE! Moonbeam like THE MOONBEAM!?" CupCake yelled as she ran up to the princess their faces so close.

"Yes."

"Hmmpf No wonder you ruined my landing. You are a primpy Princess." Blitzen Bolt scoffed.

Moonbeam shot him a look, she got up and stomped over to him. "Now look here mister..." She started poking him in the chest with every word. She was backing him to a wall.

"What ever you heard about princesses it isn't true. We are not Primpy know it alls. We do what is we have to to protect and provide for our subjects. Got That!"

Blitzen's ears were flopped over as her pouted, "Fine. Just get away from me."

Moonbeam walked away and Blitzen breathed under his breath, "Fillies."

SuperNova returned with a yawning Twilight Sparkle and a little foal wrapped in a blanket. Moonbeam squealed as she ran up to Twilight. "Hello auntie Twilight. I didn't know you had a new foal."

"Momo this is my little sister. ShootingStar"

The little alicorn opened her bright purple eyes. She had an orange coat with a blue mane that had one single pink stripe running through it and a tail to match. She cooed happily as she looked up at Moonbeam.

"Moonbeam what are you doing here. It's late." Twilight asked as she yawned again.

"Well I thought I would pay you a visit. I know mom said to go back home after I raise the...." Moonbeam froze and her ears flopped down as her eyes widened in terror. "Oh no The Stars!" She yelled as she ran to the window.

"No wonder the sky looked a little blank." Red Hot said.

"Gotta go...it was great meeting everyone. Oh, auntie Twilight?" Moonbeam yelled as she continued running. When she got to the window sill she looked back at Twilight.

"Yes Momo" Twilight said. "What constellation goes over Ponyvillie again?"

"Didn't you read that book I sent you?" Twilight asked giving Moonbeam a disapproving look.

Moonbeam scratched her mane. "Well, define read."

Twilight sighed and rolled her eyes, "The Ursa Minor"

Moonbeam smiled as she flew out of the window, "Thank you auntie Twilight."

Moonbeam flew high into the sky. She pointed to the sky and shot many stars into the sky. Once she finished she was breathing like she ran a mile. "Finally done. How does mommy do this every night?"


Moonbeam landed in the garden. She sighed thinking she was safe until she looked up and saw her mother's disapproving face.

Moonbeams ears flopped over, "He...Hello"

"Where were you?" Luna asked looking down at her daughter.

"I was making stars...hehe." Moonbeam said laughing innocently.

"Oh ok so you were making stars in Twilight's castle?” Luna asked seeing right through her Moon’s lie.

Moonbeam looked down, "No I just wanted to visit them."

Luna walked up to the young filly. She leaned down and nuzzled into her mane. "Momo, I don't mind that you went and visited your cousin..."

"Cousins. Auntie Twilight has another foal. Her name is ShootingStar." Moonbeam said smiling.

Luna smiled, "Oh so you've met her have you?"

"Yup and she smiled at me. Mom I want a little sister of brother." Moon asked as she smiled hopefully.

Luna petted Moonbeam on her head, "Maybe one day my little filly."

Moonbeam cheered and ran around. Her horn shined and soon the stars were dancing across the sky again.

Luna laughed, "Ok Moonbeam please settle down."

Moonbeam calmed down but her horn was still glowing and the stars were still dancing.

"Moonbeam, please calm yourself." Luna ordered looking worried at her daughter.

"I'm not doing it mommy." Moonbeam replied in a frightened tone.

Before she knew it Moonbeams horn was lifting her off of the ground and the stars started to explode one by one.

"Moonbeam!" Luna yelled.

"Mommy Help!" Moonbeam screamed.

The moon soon begun to quiver and shake. Luna jumped up and touched her horn to Moonbeams.

Moonbeam was now in tears as Luna used her magic to tone down Moonbeams. Finally the glow around her horn started to fade.

Luna landed, Moonbeam was on her back passed out. Luna's breathing was heavy.

"Sister what is going on?" Celestia yawned as she came out to the garden.

"I...I...don't know. Her...powers....horn. Tia she almost made the moon explode."

Celestia sighed, "Well you have to talk to him. He can help her control her powers. Remember she is a product of both you and him."

Luna sighed, "I don't know Tia."

"You aren't doing it for you, you're doing it for her. Besides every filly needs a father." Celestia looked at Moonbeam. Luna looked back at her little passed out filly.

"Fine I will go talk to him. Will you come with me?" Luna asked looking up at Celestia. Celestia smiled. When Luna looked at her like that it reminded her of when they were younger.

"Of course I will come." Celestia said as she placed a reassuring hoof on Luna’s shoulder.

Luna looked at Moonbeam, "For now I'm going to have to forbid her from using her magic."

"Well for now sister get some sleep. We will leave in the morning." Celestia said.

Luna nodded her head as she carried Moonbeam into the castle.

Celestia looked at the sky and used her magic to fix the night. She looked at the moon and realized that it had a crack in it. She repaired the moon as well.

Celestia looked up at Luna’s room, “Sister, what have you two created?”