• Published 12th Dec 2014
  • 2,506 Views, 46 Comments

Ponies & Keyblades - GoneGuy



A MLP:FiM/Kingdom Hearts Crossover. When Sora enters Equestria, a magical world of talking ponies, can he learn the magic of friendship and save this world from the Heartless?

  • ...
10
 46
 2,506

6 The Keyblade Wielder Explains

It had been decided. He'd be staying at the library with Twilight for his first evening in Ponyville. He followed the purple mare and her dragon friend back to the large tree, housing the library inside. The door was unlocked, and he went inside.

After settling in, Twilight began what Sora learned was her usual activity - she started looking through books. And lots of them.

"What is it you're reading?" he asked, as Sora got ready for the party.

"Oh, I'm not - I'm looking for some information on those monsters you fought. But I can't find anything...."

"Oh..... well, I'll let you know about those later."

Twilight and Sora made their way to the Party. Sugarcube Corner was decked out in Balloons and streamers, and a huge cake sat in the middle of the room.

Pinkie stood up in front of a microphone after everypony had arrived.

"Ahem.... Hello everypony! We're here to welcome our new friend to Ponyville. Sora, come on up and say hi!"

Sora did as asked to a round of applause. Again he though about such a sweet world he was in.

"Why are the Heartless here? I can't detect any source of darkness in this world at all." he thought to himself.

During the party, his new friends - Applejack, Twilight, Pinkie, Rainbow, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Spike - all gathered next to a table, each with a slice of cake.

"So.... Sora. What were those things you fought?" Twilight asked.

"Um.... well..... they're called Heartless. They are created when a per- er, pony loses their heart. It gets swallowed into pure darkness, and the monster is created. They are attracted to ponies with strong hearts - and they're attracted to me."

"Why you? What's so special about you? Don't get me wrong - you're a great pony. You seem very special - but what makes you different from other ponies that make these 'Heartless' come after you?"

"This," he spoke, summoning the Keyblade to his maw and placing it on the table before him for his friends to examine.

"Wow...." was all Rainbow could say.

"This is the Keyblade - It's a powerful weapon that can destroy Heartless for good. It can free there Hearts, making them whole again. I was chosen by the blade itself to wield it. And the monsters act on instinct, trying to make me into a Heartless. But I travel all over the uni- er, Equestria, taking out the monsters."

"How come we've never heard of them though? Why aren't they listed in my books? Even when I lived in Canterlot, no one had seen them. Even Zacora doesn't know what they are."

"I don't know. But I have the job of taking out the Heartless and their source, and that's what led me here, to Ponyville."