• Published 12th Dec 2014
  • 2,506 Views, 46 Comments

Ponies & Keyblades - GoneGuy



A MLP:FiM/Kingdom Hearts Crossover. When Sora enters Equestria, a magical world of talking ponies, can he learn the magic of friendship and save this world from the Heartless?

  • ...
10
 46
 2,506

5 Meet the Heartless/Living Arrangements

The ponies and Spike made their way through Ponyville. Sora was still astounded by such a pretty, sweet world. It reminded him of the 100 Acre Wood, in that it was uncorrupted and pure. He couldn't even sense darkness in the hearts of the ponies here.

They arrived at a large tree with a door and several windows. Twilight knocked her hoof on the door, and a yellow pony with pink hair came to it, a small white bunny by her side.

"Hello everypony." she said, in a quiet, shy, voice.

"Howdy Fluttershy! We want ya'll to meet a new friend of ours. Fluttershy, this is Sora."

Sora extended his hoof, but the pony did not. She looked at her little bunny, and muttered something that the young Keyblade wielder couldn't make out.

"Sorry, I didn't catch that."

She muttered again.

"One more time?"

"I'm...... Fluttershy..... but you already know that. It's nice to..... meet you."

"Hey, likewise! No need to be shy - I love new friends!"

"So.... do I."

Then the unthinkable finally happened.

The Heartless struck. The beasts surrounded the 5 ponies, and Sora got in front.

"Get back!" he said as the Keyblade appeared in his mouth.

These Heartless were the ones in the dream - he now knew why they were different. These Heartless were still black, with beady yellow eyes, but these looked like underfed, dying ponies.

Using his heart's light, he formed a barrier to protect his new friends.

He fought valiantly, slashing and batting the keyblade like a pro, slinging left and right, slicing through Heartless upon Heartless. After realizing the threat was too great, he turned his head sideways, pointing his Keyblade straight upward.

"Thunder!"

Bolts of lightning rained down on the monsters, but more still came.

"Hey! Looks like you could use some help!" a voice said.

A rainbow streak flew down to his side. A blue pony with a rainbow mane landed next to him.

"Come on!" she said, assuming a fighter stance, kicking a Heartless out of her face.

"YEE-HAW!" Applejack yelled, jumping into the fray, lasso ready.

Applejack got down and dirty, using her applebucking skills to advantage, then hogtying each Heartless for Sora to slash, while the rainbow-maned pony was zipping around at high speeds, creating rainbow tornados, and kicking and punching Heartless left and right.

Soon enough, the Heartless were gone.

"Thanks for the help guys - ugh, I don't know if we've met. The name's Sora."

The blue pony gave him a look.

"Snappy moves ya got there. Pretty cool stuff. Name's Rainbow Dash."

"Good job Rainbow, glad you were flying above ta help Sora. Ah knew he might need me to step in too." Applejack said, proving that they were in fact friends.

Twilight stepped forward.

"Sora, what was that... that sword in your mouth? And what were those monsters?"

"I'll explain later - how many more friends do we need to meet?"

Pinkie stepped forward as well.

"Well, I'm friends with everypony in Ponyville, but I guess there's only one more MAJOR friend to meet."

"Alright, let's go meet them."

The group of ponies made their way to a large building, and walked in. The moment he stepped in, Sora could smell perfume in the air, and saw many dresses and outfits, all well-designed. Not something he would wear, but well made nonetheless.

A feminine voice awakened him from his state of pure awe.

"Hello, darling, and welcome to Carousel Boutique. Can I interest you in - oh, it's only you Twilight.

Rarity saw her friends, walking into her boutique, with a new pony by their side. This pony - what a colt! His yellow coat alone was enough to make her swoon a little. But that mane! Brown and spikey, but with a certain charm. And his eyes - ocean blue, enough to make her melt in pure adoration.
But, there was no time to gawk. She recovered her thought process, and spoke again.

"Hello, darling. I am Miss Rarity, but you may call me Rarity. I see you are friends with my friends. In turn, you must be a wonderful pony. I can tell we will be great friends.

"Thanks, Rarity. I'm Sora."

"Not at all, darling. So, to what do I owe the pleasure of this visit?"

Pinkie poked her head out from behind them, and spoke in her usual, over-happy tone.

"We're showing Sora around Ponyville and introducing him to all our friends!"

"Wonderful."

"So, ugh... now that you've all shown me around, what say we all go have a little fun? What do you guys do for fun anyway?"

Pinkie jumped at this opportunity.

"How about a party? I always give new ponies in Ponyville a party! Can we? Can we? Can we?"

"A party.... for me? What for?"

"You're new. And every new pony gets a party!"

The group made plans to meet at Sugarcube Corner at 8:00 for a party. Pinkie hopped off to get everything ready.

"So..... now. I need somewhere to stay while I'm here..... Any good hotels around here?"

The 5 ponies could hardly contain the excitement in their voices. Even Fluttershy had warmed up to this new pony incredibly fast, something very rare for her.

"You could stay at the library with me?" Twilight offered.

"Darling, you could always stay here for as oft as you like." Rarity added.

"You can come to my house with me.... if you want..." Fluttershy suggested.

"Sugarcube, you can stay at Sweet Apple Acres with mah family if'n ya like." Applejack said.

"I'd offer you to stay with me in Cloudsdale, but.... no wings." Rainbow concluded.

The mares surrounded him, each with their eyes wide, hoping he'd stay with them.

"You're all so nice.... I don't want to hurt any of your feelings. Maybe.... could I stay with each of you, each night after the other moving into the next? I have nothing to carry with me, so I won't be a burden."

All agreed that sounded like a plan.

"But.... who will you stay with first?" Rarity asked.

Sora though for a minute. Then he raised his hoof, and pointed at Twilight.

"Eenie meenie miny moof, catch a pony by the hoof..."