• Published 12th Dec 2014
  • 2,506 Views, 46 Comments

Ponies & Keyblades - GoneGuy



A MLP:FiM/Kingdom Hearts Crossover. When Sora enters Equestria, a magical world of talking ponies, can he learn the magic of friendship and save this world from the Heartless?

  • ...
10
 46
 2,506

16 Darknesses Reborn

Sora and his friends were silent on the train trip to Canterlot. Nothing was said, not even by Pinkie. What was there to say? It was obvious that Discord woud go after Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. There was no denying it. Upon arrival in Canterlot, they went straight to the caslte, ignoring the royal guards telling them not to enter.

They ascended staircase upon staircase on their way to the throne room. But when they reached it, nopony was inside. Not Celestia, nor Discord, nor any pony at all.
Then the heard a crash from the audience chamber.

"We don't have much time girls. I'll meet you down there," Sora said as he leapt out the window.

Everypony rushed to see if he was okay, but upon reaching the windowsill, they saw him leaping from tower to tower with ease, making his way downward.

"You heard Sora, girls. Let's go!" Twilight remarked.

Sora arrived in the audience chamber in time to see Princess Celestia and Discord battling like Heartless and Nobodies. He ran down the last remaining steps, and stopped short of Discord's back, flinging his Keyblade at the King of Chaos.

"Ouch!" Discord yelled as the blade hit his back, and turned around.

"Looking for somepony, Discord? Why don't you pick on a pony that's not royalty!" Sora yelled, resummoning the blade into his maw.

Twilight and the girls finally made their way to the audience chamber to see Sora challenging Discord to a final showdown.

"As you wish." Discord said, snapping his fingers.
----

Sora and Discord appeared in a dark realm, void of anything but rocks seeping with darkness and purple water flowing in every direction.

"Welcome to my world, Sora. Before we continue, I'd like to ask a question. Why didn't you tell Twilight and the others that you aren't a pony?"

"How.... how did you know that?"

"Sora, I've been watching you since you first visited the Wizarding World. Maleficent recruited me long ago."

Sora pondered this.

"I didn't want to get them involved...."

"Well, it's too late for that, isn't it?"

"Yeah.... but it's not too late to take you down!"

Sora summoned all his strength, and another flash of bright light surrounded him.

He stood upright again, but this time his clothes were blue. He no longer wielded the Kingdom Key, but rather one of the six blades that the mysterious blade from before had split into. Long, purple and magenta, with stars as the blade's teeth, ending with a bright star on the end of the chain.

"Twilight's knowledge of magic...." was all he could think of at the time.

Then, he heard voices in his head.

"Where are we everypony?"

It sounded like... Pinkie Pie?

"Ah don't know sugarcube, but look at this stained glass.... It has Sora on it!"

Applejack?

"Well, I don't know where we are, but I'll find a way out!"

Rainbow Dash?

"Don't bother, Rainbow. I think I know where we are." Twilight's voice said.

"Where then, Twilight darling?"

"We're inside Sora's heart."

"Inside my heart?" Sora thought.

"Oh, hello Sora.... It's good to hear from you again..." Fluttershy said.

"You guys are in my heart?"

"I think so... we can't see much besides darkness and this large stained glass circle we're standing on. It shows you, and pictures of us too."

"Can you guys see what I look like now?"

"Well of course, Sora. We can see you in that blue jacket and with that keyblade Twilight wielded. Any silly filly could see that." Pinkie added.

"Wow...." Sora replied.

"Sugarcube, watch out!"

In his conversation with the others in his heart, Sora forgot he was in the middle of battle, and almost got hit with Discord's claws, narrowly leaping back.

"Hey! Sora. You got wings now too." Rainbow added, "try using them!"

Sora nodded, and leapt up, flying in the air, bashing Discord on the head with his blade.

He landed and cast a flurry of magical bullets at the King of Chaos, who was rubbing his head from the suprise strike.

"I wonder...." Sora thought.

He let Pinkie's image fill his mind, and his blade changed to her blade, with her element resting at the chain's end.

He landed on the ground, striking the stunned Discord's leg.

As he thought of each of his friends, the blade would change, and with it his strengths....

Magic, flight, strength, and range.

Then he thought of All 6 of his friends.

His blade finally morphed into the mysterious blade that had appeared during his last encounter with the monstrous King of Chaos. He dashed to Discord using his wings, and launched him into the air with a mighty thrust, leaping up after him and hitting him with a barrage of strikes.

He had stunned Discord in midair, and a word filled his mind.

"Harmony!" he yelled.

A bright flash erupted from the blade, engulfing the whole area.

They found themselves back in Canterlot's Audience Chamber, Discord lying on the ground in front of them once again.

Twilight and the others reappeared in another bright flash, lying on top of Sora.

Princess Celestia walked over to them, and, seeing Discord was unconscious, told each of them to put on their element.

Obeying, the group did as asked, as Princess Celestia began to speak.

"Six elements combined together, powerful as the sun,

United by the Magic of Friendship, it is as if they are one,

but once a new face fell into their midst,

and formed a bond more powerful than any other,

a seventh element came to exist."

"Twilight, please recite the spell of the Elements. But this time, add Sora's name as the Element of Light."

The Princess' faithful student did as asked, and a spectacular rainbow once again shot out of the elements, seven colors uniting together, and wrapped around the King of Chaos.

When the light had faded, Discord got up.

"Oh...... my.... what have I done? I feel terrible.... and I feel the light.... in my heart....."

Then the Master of Chaos did something unexpected.

He gave everypony a huge hug!

"Oh thank you everypony! You freed me from the darkness in my heart!"

"Hmmmmph. You were always weak Discord." a female voice said from above.

Everypony looked up to see a mysterious, cloaked pony. She had a horn that was visible. She began to use that horn to create a large, dark ball, which she proceeded to fire at the group of ponies.

"Noooooooooooooo!" Discord shouted, leaping in front as the ball of darkness struck, falling to the ground.

"Hmmmph. He was a fool to try that. Of course, a fool dies always because of the same thing. Being a fool."

"Who are you and what do you want?" Twilight shouted at the cloaked pony.

As she removed her hood, she showed a bright red and yellow mane.

"Sunset Shimmer!" Princess Celestia yelled.

"Yes, my little ponies, and I want nothing more than to rule Equestria as my own. And now that I have had time to find the perfect spell, I shall recruit an army of past, present, and future!"

She cast the spell, and several figures appeared.

A black pony with armor.

A thin, dark pony.

A pony that looked like a dark version of Princess Luna.

A brown pony with a skull on his flank.

"May I present to you the ponies who shall lead you to your doom." she said as she dissapeared into a black corridor, as Heartless surrounded the group, imprisoning everypony in cages made of pure darkness.

Everypony but Sora, and Discord.

"Ugh.... I'm not.... finished yet." Discord said, getting up as the Kingdom Key appeared in Sora's maw, "Let's do this together, Sora. And save the others. For Celestia's sake, I shall fight for Equestria!"