• Published 10th Dec 2014
  • 1,511 Views, 28 Comments

Mighty Morphin' Power Ponies: Origin Story - FelixTheBrony



Princess Twilight selects five "teenagers with attitude" to gift with the power to defend the World from the evil of Queen Chrysalis. The power to transform into...The Mighty Morphin' Power Ponies!

  • ...
4
 28
 1,511

A Mission Gone Wrong

Two ponies dressed in royal guard uniforms over their white coated bodies walked amongst the barren lands laid down before them, scanning the fields with their eyes before they beheld a large crater amongst the land surface.

“Captain! We have something over here!” One of the ponies, the one with an electric blue mane and matching blue eyes, called back to a third pony who was dressed in a platinum quilted version of their armour over his brown coat and black mane and tail advanced towards them.

“Report Private Flash Point,” The Captain said, looking the soldier in the eye causing him to stand straighter in fear of looking slouchy in the presence of the intimidating stallion in front of him.

The second soldier, this one with a cherry red mane and green eyes, answered for him. “We found a suspicious lookin' crater, sir, looks like Intel was solid!”

“Good,” The Captain grumbled, peering down the rather large crater. “The last thing I wanted was to have wasted my time on a wild goose chase.”

“Um sir...If I may be so bold, what is this?” The Captain turned back to Flash Point, who flinch back a bit in fear.

“We're looking for a container, I believe, so we can transfer it back to Princess Celestia to send to the Moon,” The Captain decided to answer, using his magic from his Unicorn horn to attach a safety harness to himself and his two subordinates.

“Why does tha Princess need ta send this container ta tha moon?” The red maned pony asked, curiously.

“I don't know, Cherry Stalk, but one thing I do know is that if the Princess wants it gone, I definitely want it gone!” The Captain answered as he attached a zip-line to the ground, using a grapple spell to keep the zip-line from loosening and plummeting him and his team to their deaths.

“Contact Princess Celestia, tell her that we're on the right track and we should have the package secure within the hour,” The Captain continued as he connected his harness to the zip-line. “Follow me once you're done!”

“Yes sir!” The two soldiers replied, saluting to their superior as he jumped back and began his descent to the bottom of the crater.

Flash and Cherry then opened their saddle bags and removed a two way radio, the microphone from Flash's bag and the radio from Cherry's.

Once they put te radio together, Flash tried to tune the radio to the same signal as the Castle Guard's while Cherry spoke though the microphone. “Castle Guard, this is Echo One, comin' in. Do you copy?”

The two paused as all they heard was static back. “...Castle Guard, this is Echo One, come in please,” Cherry repeated, hoping that his voice would get through to them.

Nothing.

“Jeez! Either we're in a dead zone or no one's home!” Flash Point complained, slapping a hoof over his face. “It doesn't matter which since we aren't supposed to proceed until we've confirmed our location to the Castle Guard!”

“Tha Captain's already down there though,” Cherry replied, trotting towards the zip-line and attaching his harness to it. “So we might as well get this over wit'. Besides, it's just a simple package retrieval. No big deal.”

As Cherry jumped down after the Captain, Flash Point sighed, feeling a sense of foreboding overcome him. “Famous last words...”


The Captain watched as Cherry landed on the ground, detaching his harness from the zip-line. “You okay there, soldier?”

Cherry smiled a bit. “Yeah, I'm fine Captain,” He answered, as the Captain unhooked his radio from his belt.

“Flash Point, you stay up there until back up arrives. We're just going to make sure this is the container we're looking for. Over,” He ordered, receiving a static laced reply back.

“Understood, Cap- *zzt* Maint- *zzt* -tion. Over,” The Captain looked at the radio in confusion, shaking it a couple of times before speaking into it again.

“Say again, Flash, you're breaking up. Over,” All the brown stallion received as a reply was static.

“Captain! Ah think Ah found our package!” Cherry called to him before he heard a loud, retching noise. “An' it smells like manticore droppin's!” The Captain chuckled as he approached his team mate.

As he got closer though, he could definitely see what his friend was talking about...or rather, smell what his friend was talking about. It smelled far worse than anything he'd ever smelt before and, after many nights of drinking out on the town with is buddies, he's certainly smelled a lot of things.

When he finally got to where Cherry was standing, he could finally see what their target was. It was a greenish, black pod like thing with many black tendrils hooking it into the ground beneath it. “Well...That's not creepy at all,” The white pony said, gliding his eyes over the thing in front of him.

“Doesn't matter if it's creepy or not. We have our mission. Now c'mon, let's get this dumpster and get out of here,” The Captain ordered, igniting his horn with the same colour aura as his brown eyes and tried using a lock breaking spell to unhook the container from the ground.

It worked as the tendrils removed themselves from the ground below...

...unfortunately it worked a little too well as the container opened.

The two guards jumped back as the top of the container flew off it's hinges and landed in front of them. They immediately drew out their hoof guns and took aim at the 'dumpster', ready to open fire.

“Come out with your hooves up!” The Captain yelled out, his trigger hoof ready to let loose a lead bullet into whatever crawled out of that capsule.

What they didn't expect, however, was a beautiful yellow, Unicorn mare with a cascading blue mane two exit the pod, glancing at them with a pair of alluring green eyes peering at them, innocently. “Where...Where am I?”

The two lowered their weapons and the Captain approached the mare, concerned, holding a hoof out to help her out of the pod. “Are you okay ma'am?”

She smiled, taking his hoof in her own. Her smile then became devious as she gripped his hoof more forcefully and yanked his head towards her own and her horn lit up with a sickly green magic, causing his horn to react violently towards it. “I am now!”

Cherry could only watch in horror as his Captain had his magic forcefully sucked out of his skull, his muscle mass shrinking and his skin becoming paler and paler until he was nothing more than a skeleton that fell to the ground, smashing to pieces.

As the mare approached him, he quickly raised his gun to start firing at her. “Y-you bitch!” He screamed as his hoof repeatedly pulled the trigger of his weapon, sending each lead capsule towards the mare. “Burn in Tartarus!”

The Mare simply held out her magic and, in an unreasonable feat of magical prowess, managed to catch each bullet before they struck and she let them clatter to the ground, harmlessly.

Soon his magazine clip ran dry and he dropped his gun, backing away from the mare who seemed to be slowly melt away in a wave of green energy. “You stallions always fall for a pretty face, don't you?” She asked, mockingly as her yellow fur burned away into black flesh, some visible holes in her hooves.

Cherry panicked and tripped over a stray rock and the mare suddenly grabbed him by the neck, her horn drawing closer to his forehead. “Who are you?!”

The last of the fur was burned from her face, revealing an elongated, deformed black horn and huge, bug like green eyes. Her long blue mane, once immaculate and shiny, now seemed grimy and held several holes to.

“Oh, how rude of me. My name is Queen Chrysalis and you, my dear, are my next meal,” She grinned before her horn made contact with his head and a magic was seemingly being drained from his body, despite him being an Earth Pony.

He felt his muscles grow weaker, his breaths getting shorter and his heart start to slow as more and more energy was drained from him. He looked at his body as his bones started to become more and more visible. It was as if she was drinking him like a juice carton.

He soon felt a sweet release from his sudden weakness as his heart shut down and his brain lost its supply of oxygen. He had died right there.

Queen Chrysalis grinned, wickedly as she felt her own magic start to flow again. “Ah, much better. Not as good as feeding on love, but it'll do,” She muttered to herself, extending her transparent, bug like wings from her back and flew away from the crater, not even bothering to acknowledge the ponies who were zip-lining down the crater to her abandoned pod.

It's time, Equestria! She thought to herself, starting to form an idea in her head as she made her way towards the Crystal Empire. Time for my revenge!

Author's Note:

As you can see, I decided to make the scene a little darker than I remember from the show...or it could be simular to the show. Either way, here's the first chapter. A big thanks to Jake the Army Guy, who allowed me to use his idea!

Thanks for reading and I hope you guys enjoyed it! :pinkiehappy: