• Published 10th Dec 2014
  • 1,512 Views, 28 Comments

Mighty Morphin' Power Ponies: Origin Story - FelixTheBrony



Princess Twilight selects five "teenagers with attitude" to gift with the power to defend the World from the evil of Queen Chrysalis. The power to transform into...The Mighty Morphin' Power Ponies!

  • ...
4
 28
 1,512

Teen Life

Teen Life

The small town of Ponyville started to begin it's new day as its residents started to set up their shops for their customers and went off to work. The weather ponies flew into the sky to manage the weather to keep the ponies below content with the day.

For one orange Pegasus with a purple mane and a cutie mark of two dancing ribbons forming an 'X' though, the day hadn't really started. It was a weekend, after all, and her adoptive mother's inherent laziness had somehow been passed down to her.

She laid dormant on her bed, sprawled out across the sheets, her feathers ruffled and her mane and tail messed up. There were sheets of paper strewn across the room where she had tried to do her homework last night to have the whole weekend to herself, but they were either half finished or scrunched up a bit.

There was a knock on her door and she turned around, hoping that the change in her direction would stop the noise. Another knock sounded and she grunted in response. “Five more minutes!”

“Nnnope,” Came the reply of her adoptive father as he let himself into her room. Luckily, other than the paper, her room was relatively clean. “We're goin' down ta Sugarcube Corner fer a party, remember?”

“C'mon dad! Pinkie has a party every day!” She responded, finally opening her purple eyes. Big Mac sighed.

“It's her birthday, Scootaloo, this one's a little more important,” He answered, before leaving the room. “Breakfast is in tha kitchen. Don't eat all of it, yer mother ain't awake yet.”

The mention of food managed to get the teenage filly out of bed as she flew into the kitchen, almost causing Mac to topple over. He sighed and shook his head, a small smile still playing on his lips. “Works every time.”


Meanwhile, an Earth Pony, a yellow one with a red mane, a pink bow tying off her braid at the end was seen kicking a tree and watching in satisfaction as all the apples fell out of it and into the buckets.

The teenage filly, Applebloom, glanced at her flank and flinched at seeing that, despite being fifteen, her cutie mark had still yet to appear. “It ain't fair...”

“C'mon cheer up, mate!” She heard from beside her. She glanced at the pinto coloured teenage, Earth Pony colt besides her with a brown mane and tail. His cutie mark stood out as a compass. What made him the most distinctive, however, was that he was, at least, half a head shorter than Applebloom.

He smiled at her as he kicked the tree behind him, only managing about half before another kick got the rest. “It'll show up soon!” He continued in a very distinct, Trottingham accent.

“Now Ah've heard it from everypony, Pip!” She replied to him, picking up all the spare apples into the buckets and piling them onto the cart they had brought.

“But it's true. Remember, I only got my cutie mark a month ago. I'm sure yours will come any day now,” He reassured her as he attached a yoke around his neck and hooked himself onto the cart.

She sighed, but smiled in response. “Thanks Pip, I didn't mean ta snap before. It's just a bit frustratin', ya know?”

“Of course I do. Remember, I was a Cutie Mark Crusader as well,” He replied as they started to move. He didn't struggle that much since there were only six buckets of apples in the cart.

“Yeah. Thanks fer helpin' out wit' this, by tha way,” Applebloom continued. Pipsqueak grinned.

“No problem. Besides, got to keep in shape for the karate team,” He answered.

Applebloom and Pipsqueak had both joined the karate team in their local gym about two years ago. At first, all the Cutie Mark Crusaders had joined, hoping to earn a cutie mark for it. But after a couple of weeks, no-one got one and most had left. Only Pipsqueak and Applebloom remained.

They had competed in tournaments before and had even won a couple as well, but nothing substantial. This year, they were hoping to take part in the Young Champion Fighters Tournament as a team and, hopefully, get some advertisement for the gym.

As they made it to the farm house, they found Applebloom's older sister, Applejack, stood in front of the door with a big toothy grin, a young colt standing on her back excitedly. “Alright! Time ta make some pies!”

“Yay!” The light orange, blue maned colt cheered, jumping down and bouncing around Applebloom. She smiled and scooped him up, depositing him on her back as Pipsqueak unhooked himself from the cart and started unloading it.

“Howdy Golden Delicious,” She said, bouncing Applejack's son up and down a bit. “Are ya excited fer Pinkie's party?”

“Eeyup!” He replied, happily.


While this was going on, another teenage filly, this one a white Unicorn with a dual pink and purple mane with a cutie mark of a bell with a couple of pink music notes coming out of it, was just stepping out of the shower.

She used her magic, which lit up a towel in a green aura to match her green eyes, and wrapped it around her mane. She then repeated this process to wrap another towel around her barrel.

She smiled to herself, contently, as she stepped out of the bathroom and went towards her own room to dry off and to 'pretty herself up'.

She hummed a tune to herself as she opened the door to her room, only to find the one thing she didn't want to...

...Rumble reading her diary.

“Rumble!” Sweetie Belle cried, causing him to look up at her, bored. “What are you doing in here?! And why are you reading my diary?!”

Rumble raised a bemused eyebrow, giving her an evil grin before clearing his throat. “Dear diary,” He started readin out loud, hopping off of her bed when she dived after him. “Button Mash is sooo cute! We played MineCraft yesterday and I totally caught him staring at me! Squee!”

He flew into the hallway when Sweetie Belle threw her mane curlers at him. “I wish he'd just pony up and tell me he loves me like I do him!” Rumble concluded, laughing out loud at her.

Sweetie Belle fumed at him before tackling him, rolling the pair down the stairs, before they smacked into the front door.

From the kitchen, Rarity and Thunderlane, who were eating breakfast, cringed at the loud 'THWACK' sound and turned to face each other.

“Whose turn is it this time?” Thunderlane asked, taking another sip of his coffee.

“It's Saturday so that would mean...darn it's my turn,” Rarity sighed, getting up and heading to the area of conflict where Sweetie Belle was seen sitting on top of Rumble triumphantly with her diary in her hooves. The side table where the family put their keys had collapsed and was piled in the corner.

“How do you keep doing this?!” Rumble complained before Sweetie Belle pushed her flank down to squeeze Rumble a little more.

“Just admit it! I'm stronger than you!” Rarity cleared her throat, causing the two to look up. “Oh, hi sis!” Sweetie Belle smiled, jumping off of him. “No need to intervene, we sorted it out.”

Rarity eyed the two, suspiciously, before shrugging. “It's too early in the morning for this. I'll just ask Applejack to fix the table later,” She said, turning to head back into the kitchen.

Rumble was about to follow before he was spun to face a very angry and red-faced Sweetie Belle. “If you tell anypony, and I do mean anypony, about my feelings for Button I will end you!”

Rumble gulped, but tried to remain 'cool' and waved her off. “Yeah, yeah whatever,” He answered, finally making his way into the kitchen. Sweetie Belle sighed in contempt.

Why's he grown up into such a douche-bag?!


A couple of hours after those events Featherweight, a white coated Pegasus with a brown mane and a picture of a feather on his flank, a camera wrapped around his neck, trotted along the road grumbling to himself.

“Superstitious idiot,” He mumbled to himself, half-heartedly looking around himself. “How many times do I have to tell him that Spidercolt is just a myth.”

Featherweight, to earn some money, was a part-time photographer for the Pony-Press...The only problem with this, however, was that the owner of the Pony-Press was a little nuts.

JJJ, or Jam Jelly Jim, was convinced that someone was stealing his tubs of jelly. Or, more worryingly, that a pony with spider powers was stealing them with retractable web shooters.

He looked up to the side and noticed Cloudchaser bust a cloud and decided to take a snapshot...if for no other reason than to say he got a picture of something and continued on his way. “Oh well, I still get paid one way or the other.”

“Hey Feather!” He heard and looked up to notice Scootaloo landing next to him, grinning. “What's up?”

“Other than trying to find Spidercolt?” Scootaloo rose her eyebrow at him.

“Who?”

“Exactly!” Scootaloo giggled a bit, nudging him in the shoulder.

“Ah, Jam Jelly Jim giving you a hard time again?” Featherweight sighed and paused to take a picture of some new promotional deal going on at Carrot Top and Golden Harvest's stall.

“Yeah. And if the pay wasn't so good I would've left a while ago,” Scootaloo just grinned and nudged him again.

“Well, you are the best there is at what you do,” Featherweight felt his cheeks flush a bit at the compliment, scuffing his hoof on the ground.

“Um...Yeah, I guess,” The orange teen didn't notice the blush and glanced at Sugarcube Corner.

“Hey I'll talk to ya later Feather, I gotta help my mom and dad set up for Pinkie's birthday. You'll be there, right?”

Featherweight shook his head to rid his face of the red and turned to reply. “Yeah I'll be there. See ya...”

Before he could finish, Scootaloo had already raced off, kicking up some dust in her wake. Featherweight sighed again and continued, a little more down than before.

For the last year, the young photographer had started to develop feelings for the spunky, orange Pegasus. But it was pretty obvious that the feelings weren't exactly mutual, as far as he could tell. It's probably because she hasn't really given romance that much thought...

...not since her first coltfriend had broken her heart at least.

Just give up, Featherweight. She'll never like you like that... He thought to himself, keeping an eye out for something interesting or exciting going on, but it's been pretty quiet though, so it was unlikely that that was going to change anytime soon...


Queen Chrysalis, after touching down at the edge of the Crystal Empire, grinned evilly and dug her horn into the ground, igniting it in a green glow.

After that was done, the barrier that Shining Armour maintains over the kingdom to keep the Changelings out wavered before the colour changed from purplish pink to a sickly green before disappearing in front of the naked eye.

Phase one, complete... She thought to herself before she closed her eyes and she disguised herself again, this time as a white stallion with a blue mane and a shield as a cutie mark. Now to phase two!

Author's Note:

Here you go guys, Chapter 2! Sorry it's a bit on the short side and nothing much is going on. Its just a bit of character development...
...
...
...Though the Power Rangers never got much character development so maybe I shouldn't have bothered! :rainbowlaugh: