• Published 10th Dec 2014
  • 1,511 Views, 28 Comments

Mighty Morphin' Power Ponies: Origin Story - FelixTheBrony



Princess Twilight selects five "teenagers with attitude" to gift with the power to defend the World from the evil of Queen Chrysalis. The power to transform into...The Mighty Morphin' Power Ponies!

  • ...
4
 28
 1,511

Yellow Ranger!

Yellow Ranger

Pipsqueak shook his head of vertigo and glanced around himself, wondering where he had suddenly gone.

Strangely enough, it was some sort of amusement park. There were roller-coasters, Ferris wheels and many more attractions. Stands selling junk food, stands full of prizes waiting to be won and stands selling souvenirs like snow-globes and teddy bears.

“Pip!” He heard his name being called and looked up to see Dinky, herself, standing just behind a fenced off area with one, tall muscular stallion guarding the only entrance. “C'mon, I want to go on the roller coaster!”

Pipsqueak shook his head, once again, wondering how the heck he got here! One minute he's standing in the Castle of Friendship, the next he's in Disneigh Land?

Did I just imagine all of that? He thought to himself, moving to get into the park before being stopped by the guard.

“Sorry kid, but you need to be at least this tall to get in the park,” The guard said, unsympathetically, motioning towards a sign which was about as tall as Scootaloo, with the it stating that he must be at least as tall as her to get in.

“For the whole park!” Pip yelled, indignantly. “Since when was there a height limit to buy candy apples!” The guard rolled his eyes and pointed away.

“I don't make the rules, kid, I just enforce them. Now get out of here, you're holding up the queue.”

“What queue?” Pipsqueak asked, turning back, now noticing that a line of about a hundred ponies behind him, all looking fairly impatient.

“Quit holding the line up, shorty!” One voice yelled, angrily, causing little stallion to flinch.

“Yeah, go back to the kiddie park where you belong!” Another voice cried out.

The pinto pony just stood there, defiantly, pointing past the guard. “At least let me go get my friend, she's already in there.”

“So you want me to go ruin your friend's fun, just because you can't have any?” Pipsqueak flinched at the tone the guard's voice held. “That's pretty selfish, don't you think?”

“I...I just...” A sudden scream interrupted him as he looked behind the guard and noticed that Dinky was now surrounded by several, roguish looking ponies. “Dinky!”

“Pip! Help!” She cried back, as one of the ponies came a bit too close for her liking.

Pipsqueak tried to get through, but the guard held him back. “I told you before, kid, you can't get through unless you grow a few more inches, now get lost!”

“My friend's in trouble, I have to help her!” The guard rolled his eyes.

“And what are you going to do, short-stuff? Throw your action figures at them?” He sneered, pushing him away. “They're big ponies, so they're allowed to do whatever. Go play with your dolls and let the big ponies handle the big pony issues.”

Pipsqueak clenched his teeth and hooves, the jeering and laughing of the crowd causing his anger to flare up higher and higher. All his life he's had to deal with ponies making fun of his height, from Trottingham to Ponyville. It's not his fault he has stunted growth and it didn't make him any less of stallion...

...so why did it make him feel so powerless?

Maybe because it was the one thing standing between him and Dinky. Who was still backing away from the ponies around her. “Pip! Please help!”

I'm trying! He thought to himself, feeling a tear fall down his cheek...

...which was quickly wiped away by a yellow hoof.

He looked up and noticed a red eyed, yellow Earth Pony stallion with a grey mane, smiling at him. “You really do care for her, don't you?”

“She's my best friend, of course I care!” He flinched at his own tone. This stallion was the only one being nice to him, so why was he snapping like that?

The stallion must have noticed because he smiled, gently back. “I know that look. A look of a pony who wants to do something, but can't because of other, stupid ones,” He said, motioning to the guard who had just let in three ponies. “A look that says it's not fair.”

“It's not though-”

“I hate to tell you, kid, but sometimes life just isn't,” Pipsqueak looked back up, shocked, but the pony was still smiling. “But that doesn't mean you just sit down and take it. If you want to protect someone, then you stop at nothing to do it! That's what it means to hold the power.”

Pipsqueak tilted his head to one side, kind of confused as to what the stallion before him was talking about, now noticing the fence explode and the way into the park clear.

He, forgetting the stallion was even there, shot through the new entrance like a jaguar out of it's cage, already sizing up his opponents.

There were four of them, all twice as big as he is, one was brandishing a bicycle chain and one a lead pipe. He decided that the one with the chain was the biggest threat and took action.

He jumped, wrapping one foreleg around the chain wielding pony's neck, and directed all his weight downwards. Effectively causing the pony's face to slam into the dirt, knocking him out.

He used the momentum to roll in front of Dinky and stood on his hind legs, much to all of their shocks. “You want her, you're going to have to go through me! She's my friend and I'm never, ever going to let anything happen to her!”

The lead pony grinned, picking up the fallen one's chain, and swung it round with a menacing jiggle. “Hey look boys, someone brought their four year old to play,” He taunted, throwing his head back to guffaw at the very idea.

And for his troubles, Pipsqueak threw a punch into his chin, throwing half his weight into it, causing the leader to stumble back, his teeth smashing into each other as the punch forced his jaw together.

He shook his head, spitting a little blood out of the side of his mouth, and growled at the unfazed Pipsqueak. “Oh I'm gonna make you Griffon meat for that!”

“I've picked bigger threats than you outta my teeth! Bring it on!” Pipsqueak retaliated before noticing that he was now holding a power morpher and wore a jacket with a sabre-tooth tiger emblazoned onto it.

“Oh it's already brought,” The lead pony spat, advancing forward with the other two. Dinky huddling behind Pipsqueak.

The little stallion decided he might need some help. “It's morphing time!” He declared, going through the motions, almost falling over with the influx of energy suddenly gathered in his hooves.

“Sabre-Tooth Tiger!”


Pipsqueak, in the castle once more, broke out of his trance and now wore a yellow version of the Ranger gear, his helmet resembling a tiger's head, with two large incisors jutting down over the visor.

He crouched down, throwing one hoof in front of him, the other behind him ready to swing. “Yellow Ranger!”

He noticed that he was no longer facing three roguish, ponies, but Spike, Scootaloo and Featherweight. He shook his head and stood back up, rubbing the back of his head, sheepishly. “Uh, I mean. Hi guys!”

“Hey Pip, welcome back to the land of the living,” Scootaloo grinned, motioning towards Sweetie Belle and Applebloom. “Still waiting on those two.”

“Yeah. It's funny though, Applebloom took her's before you so I would've thought she's be done first,” Spike mentioned, scratching the back of his head.

“Unless her test is more difficult,” Featherweight mentioned, looking between the three others. “Only time will tell.”

“Hey, this is Applebloom and Sweetie Belle we're talking about! What's the worst that could happen?” Scootaloo asked, causing the three guys to shake their heads and make cut throat motions.

Author's Note:

Yeah, so sorry about the late update but University has taken up a lot of time. Though the Spring Term is coming up, meaning I'll have a few weeks off to, hopefully, update a little more.

Keep on keepin' on guys! :pinkiehappy: