• Published 17th Dec 2014
  • 3,352 Views, 293 Comments

The Soul's Savior - Dusty Old Qrow



Sunset Shimmer has fallen. At her lowest point, she recieves help from a girl who helped beat her - Rainbow Dash. Meanwhile, CHS teacher Time Turner has his own journey of healing. How do their stories connect?

  • ...
13
 293
 3,352

Interlude II: Sparks [OLD]

In the center of the abandoned warehouse, were three girls sitting in a circle. Each one of them had their eyes closed and their legs crossed as they contemplated. The three had seen everything that had transpired this night, each one of the sisters being connected to a specific slave.

Aria Blaze had been connected with Featherweight, and thus saw first-hand his brief fight with Sunset and subsequent knock-out by whoever that pink girl was. Sonata Dusk had been connected with Azure Strike, and took perhaps a bit too much pleasure in seeing Sunset hit in the head with a bat.

Adagio Dazzle had been connected to Crimson Napalm. She watched with a front-row seat how their plan had oh so spectacularly failed. Granted, she didn’t expect to win just yet, but this little stunt should have given them something to work with.

“Ugh!” Adagio grunted, opening her eyes and throwing up her arms as she stood. “That’s it. I’m tired of this.” Her voice, while rather angry, was still smooth and seductive. She looked at both of her sisters. “Those three failed. We need a new plan, and we need it now. We need to move fast- or else we’ll be completely powerless.”

Aria scoffed, rolling her eyes. “Well, do you have another plan, Adagio? Because your most recent one didn’t really work out, if you notice.” She snarked. “But please, do tell us what to do, oh wise and benevolent leader. Show us the way!” As Aria spoke, she stood and mockingly bowed to her poofy-haired sister with a smile.

Adagio waved her hand and looked away from Aria. “Whatever you say, peasant.” She smirked slightly as her pupils briefly flicked back at her purple sister. “This time is going to be different. We know that Canterlot High has magic... somewhere. It may not have been with Sunset Shimmer and her friends, but it is there. All we have to do is find it.” She accentuated her point by jamming a fist into her palm.

"But wait!" Sonata said suddenly, startling the other two sirens. "The students of CHS are, like, really good friends! They'll never spill any secrets about each other." The blue siren stood with her hands behind her back and her legs crossed.

"You are such an idiot, Sonata!" Aria growled. "We can infect everyone there! They have a lunchtime, right? We burst in, and we start infecting from there!"

Sonata smiled sweetly. "Oh. Right!"

Adagio shifted her weight to a side and placed her hand on her hip. "Good thinking, girls." She smiled even wider. "Now, all we have to do is get into the school..."


Sunset winced in pain as Rainbow Dash gingerly touched her sore head. Bat-Guy was certainly no pushover when it came to hitting people. "Ow!" Sunset exclaimed and grabbed the armrest of the chair. "Dash, quit it!"

"Well, if you would just go see the doctor-!"

"You know why I can't do that!"

"Then you'll just have to deal with it." Dash said matter-of-factly. "You've got some bleeding and some minor swelling, but as far as I can tell, you don't have a concussion." The athlete dropped to one knee in front of her flame-haired friend. "You're gonna be fine."

Sunset breathed a sigh of relief and leaned back in her chair. The two fell into silence' with Rainbow Dash taking the seat next to Sunset's. Sunset's fine, as far as Doctor Stable can tell Featherweight's gonna be fine... Dash let herself be lost in her own thoughts. She didn't even notice Sunset looking at her.

Quick, make conversation, Dash! “So, Featherweight’s gonna be alright. They say that he was so shocked by waking up like he did, his throat just kinda started closing up. He’s all good now, though.” Rainbow Dash said casually.

“Oh, good.” Sunset muttered. “So, what are you gonna do? You’re not gonna get the police involved, are you?”

“Oh, hell no. For one, those boys seemed kinda out of it. Two, if I do, Dad’s gonna hear about it, and I’ll never be trusted alone in the house ever again! Napalm and them didn’t hurt nobody, so as long as they stay away from me, I’m good.” Rainbow Dash finished, crossing her arms.

The two sat in silence for a good few minutes, until...

"Dash?" Sunset asked. "Listen, um... Earlier, back at your home..."

Rainbow Dash gulped and balled her hands into fists. Uh-oh, she worried internally. Oh no. She's not about to... Is she? Out loud, she spoke: "Let me guess... It's about what Pinkie said, right?" She tried to keep her usual calm demeanor, but already Dash could feel her heart racing and sweat beginning to form on her face.

Sunset chuckled lightly. "Heh, yeah..." Though Sunset tried to hide her growing blush, Rainbow Dash could see it clearly. "A-Anyway, I was wondering..." The former bully brought a finger to her hair and started twirling it.

Oh no, Dash fretted inwardly. Here it comes...

"J-Just...” Sunset took a breath to steady herself. She couldn’t spit the words out- what if she was wrong? She didn’t want to ruin her closest friendship just because Pinkie said something stupid- but eventually, she decided to get it over with.

“Rainbow Dash, do you have a... a crush on me?”

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannd there it is.

Dash had no idea how to respond to that- really, it would be just like if Applejack suddenly declared her love for her. “Um...” Rainbow mumbled, looking downwards slightly. “Okay, um... Well...” Seriously, this is why I don’t do romance! I’m awesome, not a sap! “I...”

Sunset blinked and frowned sadly. “I was wrong, wasn’t I?” When Rainbow Dash didn’t answer, Sunset sighed. “Okay, then. I’m just gonna go...” She pushed her hair back behind her shoulder and stood slowly, grabbing her leather jacket off of the chair as she turned to leave.

“I’ll see you at school, I guess...”

Sunset draped the jacket over her shoulder and turned away from Rainbow Dash. Sunset blinked away small tears slowly forming at the corner of her eyes as she walked away. She could see the night sky through the glass automatic door, the stars shining brightly, almost mocking her.

But just as the door began to open, a hand roughly grabbed her shoulder and spun her around. “H-Hey, wha-?!” She yelped, but didn’t have time to register who it was who grabbed her before a pair of lips pressed themselves firmly against her own.

It wasn’t Sunset’s first kiss- far from it, actually. She had kissed a few colts back in Equestria, and she kissed Flash many times. But this kiss was different- the only word she could come up with was passionate. Sunset slowly melted into the kiss, closing her eyes and her arms unconsciously moving to drape themselves over the other person’s shoulders.

After a few seconds the kiss ended.

Sunset kept her eyes closed for a few more moments- that kiss was intense- but eventually decided to open them.

Rainbow Dash stood in front of her, a sheepish smile on the athlete's face.

“So, uh...” Rainbow began awkwardly. “That was, uh... That was my first kiss and, well, I... I don’t think it was too bad? I mean, I’m awesome, not some kind of Romeo... or, Juliet? I dunno, we’re both girls and-”

The rainbow haired girl was abruptly cut off by yet another kiss, but this time it was Sunset who kissed her. The two hugged as they kissed, eyes closed, content to live in the moment. Eventually, the two pulled away, each mesmerized by the other’s eyes.

“So... Uh...”

Rainbow grinned, embarrassed, and stepped away from Sunset with a toothy grin. “Alright, Sunset. Admit it: I’m a great kisser!”

Sunset chuckled- her blush was starting to fade- and took a breath. “Yeah, alright, Dash.”


Earlier...

Just as Time Turner and Luna parted their lips, the doors to Sugar Cube Corner burst open. The two adults jumped to their feet, slightly startled by the sudden noise, and turned to the doors. Out came Derpy, eyes watery and cheeks slightly red, looking around for them.

“Derpy?” Luna asked. The vice principal’s voice caught the blonde girl’s attention, causing her to run over to them. As Derpy reached the pair, Luna asked again, “What are you doing, Ms. Hooves? I’m fairly certain that Ms. Punch doesn’t want you-”

“Screw what Mom thinks!” Derpy sobbed, glaring at Luna before turning to Time. “Listen, Mr. Turner- er, Dad, or...”

Turner put a hand up, silencing her. “Just ‘Mr. Turner’ is alright for now, Derpy.” He said as fondly as he could. "But, what is it?" Turner asked softly, placing his hands in his pockets.

"This isn't right, Mr. Turner!" Derpy pleaded. "You... You asked us if we want to know you.... And I do! Dinky may not, but I'll get her to come around somehow! I promise." The older twin finished, looking at her father with wide eyes, which continued to water.

"You..." Turner started, dumbfounded. She really wants to know me? She wants me in her life? I... I don’t... His thoughts were a mess. He couldn’t think straight. “I, ah... O-Okay! Sure, uh...” He stuttered, shaking his head to clear his thoughts. “Alright, Derpy.” He knelt down to one knee and placed a hand on his daughter’s shoulder. “... If you’re sure, then alright. What, uh... what do we do now?”

Derpy rubbed an arm with her hand, gazing down at the ground. “I don’t care. Can I spend the night at your house, Mr. Turner? I... I don’t think I can stand to be around Dinky or Mom right now...” Derpy said sadly.

Poor thing, Turner thought sadly. She’s torn between her family and her heart. She wants to go with them, but at the same time wants to know me. “Well, I don’t think Berry would like that very much...” He started. “But, I’ll make an exception just this once. Hop in the car, if you please.” Turner said with a slight hint of satisfaction as he opened the door for his oldest daughter, who sat in the backseat of the car.

His car was a light blue. Slightly worn in. The paint was chipping in several places, and the engine roared insanely loud, but he loved his car all the same. It looks small, but actually has a lot more room than you’d expect from just looking at it.

Just as he was about to get into the front seat, Luna grabbed his arm. “Time,” She said sternly yet fondly. “This is your chance. Don’t mess it up,” She said with worry. “Please...” She whispered the last part, her eyes dropping downwards and a frown appearing on her face.

“Don’t worry, Luna.” Turner assured her. “I won’t. Besides, with you here, I don’t think I can mess up anything.” He finished with a smile, giving her a slight kiss on the cheek as he got into his car.