• Published 27th Dec 2014
  • 4,514 Views, 158 Comments

PIE: Patapon In Equestria - Runa



A guy buys a replica of the Pon drum from patapon on Etsy, and is sent to Equestria as the great Patapon. He then plants Mater, the Patapon tree of life, and brings the Patapon tribe to the new land. Now it is time for the Patapons to march!

  • ...
8
 158
 4,514

Matereals, and contact.

Meden and Hatapon were still gathering materials for new units. They were taking their sweet time. The sun was going to set soon, and I didn't want to be down a Patapon. I guess they would have a hard time finding the meat, but still. I worried until they returned at dusk, carrying a small rabbit, a large stick, a stone, and the materials for a new hat.

"Sorry great one." Meden said. "We had a hard time catching anything."

"It's fine," I said. "Just make the hat, and put all of it in a hole next to Mater" Meden looked to Hatapon, and said,

"You dig the hole."

"Why?" Hatapon asked, "You would do just as well." Meden sighed theatrically as she said,

"Because you're stronger. You are the flag bearer, after all." Hatapon grumbled as he started digging the hole. Meden, on the other hand, started humming tunelessly as she started making a hat.

The hat was finished way before the hole, so I said,"Meden, go help Hatapon. It will get things done faster." Meden's expression soured as she walked over to Hatapon. Hatapon looked triumphant at this, and was much happier as Meden joined him. It still took a while. I was grateful for the fact that Mater gave off a ghostly glow that illuminated the area. They were done at about an hour after Meden joined in. They shoved the materials in the hole, and covered it again. Soon, Mater shone, and the first Yaripon was born.

"Where am I?" He asked, holding a spear in one hand. I left the other two to instruct him. A little while afterward, I heard a strange noise. It sounded like-

"Screaming?" I quickly rushed over to the Patapon's, where they were trying to get to sleep on the ground. "Get us ready for an attack! There's screaming heading this way!" They looked around before they heard it. The Yaripon jumped up, excited. Hatapon took position behind the Yaripon. Meden, however, cowered back. That was to be expected, of course. Meden was no warrior. It was a few seconds later that we saw them. Two small... Pegacorn things, ran in front of a wooden wolf, screaming human screams. I started pounding my one drum as the Yaripon drew his arm back to throw.

"Pon pon pon pon." It did little, I needed the Pata drum to do more, but Yaripon's spear took a leg out from underneath the wolf. I was about to wonder about the usefulness of a warrior who disarmed himself, when the spear magically reappeared in his hand. The two pegacorns cringed as the spear flew past them, but they heard the wolf collapse.

They stopped, apparently realizing that running wouldn't do any good against Yaripon's spear. The white one with the rainbowish mane stepped forward in front of her blue sister, saying, "Hail, I am Princess Celestia. And this is my sister, Princess Luna. We are grateful for the help that you gave us with that timber wolf."

I floated forward, startling them, and said, "I am Kami, God of the Patapon tribe. I'm happy to help, but what are two Princesses doing out here?" They seemed shaken for some reason, I don't know if it was because of my god status or for some other reason.

Luna shied behind her sister as Celestia said, "We were driven from our home by the spirit of chaos, Discord. But may I ask why a god is speaking to us?"

I replied,"Because my tribe is still weak. And they don't know how to deal with strangers." She looked unsatisfied with this answer, but let it drop.

"Well, I would be grateful if you would grant us a safe place to sleep tonight. The Everfree might be the only place that we are safe from discord, but it's not safe by any measure."

I thought about this for a moment, before saying, "Fine, but you have to answer my questions about this land."

She reposed with, "A question for a question then?"

I sighed, before saying, "Fine, but let me tell you our history first. They need to hear it as well. Let's gather around Mater." She asked,"Mater?"

I sighed again, saying, "The glowing tree." She nodded before walking toward Mater with her sister staying almost on top of her.

Meden, who had come out from hiding by now, asked me, "Are you sure that we should trust them?"

I said,"We need information, and they are our only current source of it." She still looked uncertain, but didn't vocalize her misgivings.

We all gathered around the tree, and I began."The Patapon tribe has its roots in many mighty hero's, who could slay any dragon, serpent, daemon, or god. They all came from the mighty tree Mater, the namesake of the one we all gather around now. They could not be stopped in their search for Earthend, where they could stair upon IT and gain eternal bliss." I started to improvise, making the history up. "But one day, we found a cave which lead to the heart of our world. We went to it and took the heart. But as we started for the surface, the world began to die. The rock around my warriors collapsed, and soon after the world ceased to exist. I was cast into the void, losing all of the drums but one. But somehow, I came here. I replanted Mater, and reestablished the tribe. And so we all sit here now." They all seemed stunned, except for Luna. She stared up at me, eyes sparkling.

She asked, "Is it all true?" I smiled at her, and lied,

"Yes, yes it is."

She asked, "Could I join th-" Celestia interrupted her little sister.

"I'm sorry. She doesn't know anything about the world yet. Thank you for the story. Now, could I ask you some questions?"

I nodded at her, and said, "Just ask. And Meden?" She looked up at me, "Please escort Luna to a good place to sleep."

"Yes, Kami."

She motioned luna to follow her as I said, "And the rest of you can go now." They got the hint, and dispersed.

I then said, "Now, a question for a question?" She nodded. "I will go first, since I already told you something."

"Fine." I began.

"Who is Discord?"

She snarled at his name."A very evil creature. He is the incarnation of chaos, And spreads it across the land at every opportunity. He was apposed by our parents, Queen Faust and King Dominus. But he has managed to gain enough power to overwhelm our defenses. Now he is making the land sick with his chaos. Now it's my turn to ask. What is IT?" I shrugged.

"No one knows what IT is. We just know that it rests at Earthend, and that who ever looks upon it gains eternal bliss. My turn. What are you?"

"I am an Alicorn. We become the Avatar of something when we reach adulthood. But until then, we cant even use unicorn magic. We can fly though. Now, how do you know that Earthend exists?"

"How do you know that the sun will rise in the morning? It's like that. Now, what is this place?"

"The Everfree. it is a place that can never be tamed, even by chaos. It has an immunity to all magics that exist. Any attempts to cut it down have resulted in the deaths of all involved. What is your tribe capable of?"

"You heard my story. We will regain all of our capability's. But I will tell you in more detail. There is the Yaripon. A spear thrower who's spear can split stone. Tatepon, a warrior who can take the brunt of an enemy assault, and dish out damage
them with his sword. Yumipon, an archer who can rain down death upon the enemy. Kibapon, who rides a horse, and who's charge can destroy any enemy line or defense. Dekapon, a brute who's club can smash through anything. Megapon, who's music takes pysical form to crush the enemy. Robopon, who's robotic arms can devastate anything. Toripon, who rides on a giant bird to throw spears to split the enemy. Mahopon, who can take different staffs to do different magic effects including healing, explosions, fireballs, summoning thunderstorms, bringing meteors to earth, and more. And occasionally, there will be one who can take any class and use it to even more effect than those born to it. This last kind is called a Hero, and is the strongest of us all."

She seemed skeptical about this, and asked, "Then why are you not taking over the world right now?"

"Because we are not even close to quarter strength yet. But we will become stronger with time. Now I get to ask two questions. Are there other races, and if so, what are they?"

"Yes, there are. There are the Earthponys who grow food and tend to the earth. Then there are the pegasi, who make weather and tend to the sky. Then there are Unicorns, who act as nobles and manage their domains. There are also Alicorns, who rule our nation. Then there are the gryphons to the north. The Seaponys are barely worth mentioning, because they have no nation. There are the Zebra, though they are barely better then the Seaponys. Then there are the Dragons, each of which are part of a clan with the power of a normal nation. Then there are the Diamond Dogs, ruled by Warlords in their tunnels. Then there are the Changelings, who harvest love to feed their hive. Then there is the extremely reclusive Deer, who live on their archipelago and are ruled by their Emperor. If there are any more, I do not know of them."

I nodded at this, And said, "Well, I think it's time for us to go to sleep. You go find a good place to sleep." She nodded, seeming a little disappointed, and walked away. I sat there and thought, before trying to sleep.