• Published 27th Dec 2014
  • 4,511 Views, 158 Comments

PIE: Patapon In Equestria - Runa



A guy buys a replica of the Pon drum from patapon on Etsy, and is sent to Equestria as the great Patapon. He then plants Mater, the Patapon tree of life, and brings the Patapon tribe to the new land. Now it is time for the Patapons to march!

  • ...
8
 158
 4,511

Plans and portals

Luna came in front of Kami, who was standing in front of Mater. Luna was being supported by a Tatepon, who was looking sympathetically at her.

"What did you do, Luna?" Kami asked. He had a calm front, but also had obvious undercurrents of anger in his tone. She responded quickly.

"I buried a hat connected to me by Maters roots. But I don't understand why you would be angry at me for this! I only wanted to be one of you." Kami sighed before speaking.

"Luna, you must see what this is to us. You have defiled the most sacred things to the tribe! Our literal source of life! I understand that you meant no harm, but this is going too far. I will have to assign a punishment." Luna looked startled, before tears began welling in her eyes.

"I'm sorry." She said.

"Once you have been reborn, you will join our armed forces. This will be your punishment. Anything else would be too extreme considering whats happening to you right now." As if to emphasize this point, Luna doubled over, groaning. "Take her back to the barracks. I will talk with her more once she is reborn." The tatepon gently picked her up, carrying her to the barracks. Meden looked over at Kami.

"What will happen to her?" Kami looked sad as he replied.

"She will die in extreme amounts of pain tonight. Her spirit has to be ripped from her body, but the body wont let go. So, she will feel her body die. But then she will be reborn." Meden looked sad as well.

"Poor girl..." Kami only nodded.


Discord was pleased with his work. Durak was now a part of his wooden armor. The test was compete. Sure Durak was passed out, but that didn't mean anything. Right now, he needed to get some new equipment. So Discord snapped his fingers, causing the old vats to be replaced by tree's with gaping holes in their sides. He then took some of the dough that was still on the ground from his failed project, then used it to fertilize the trees. As he was doing this, Durak woke up.

"What happened?" He asked as he sat up slowly. Discord watched him grinning as he snapped his fingers. This made a mirror appear. Durak then screamed as he saw himself, and remembered what happened. Discord then began talking.

"You and the old Discons failed me last time, so I need newer and stronger solders." Durak nodded. Discord's expression darkened. "After all, YOU let THEM take my TOOTH!"

Just as Durak started whimpering, a 'ding' sounded from the tree Discord had fertilized. Discord then pointed over his shoulder.

"You initiate him." Durak only nodded and did as Discord said.


Luna died just before dawn. She didn't notice it, she had passed out before then from the pain. But she did vaguely notice her spirit being pulled into Maters roots. She began to regain consciousness when her spirit was condensed in the trunk, and woke up when her new body was ejected from Mater.

"Oww." She commented. She then remembered what had happened.

"I never want to go through that again." Kami entered her field of vision.

"Glad to hear it." This startled Luna, who jumped to her hooves.

"K-Kami!" He nodded at her.

"You should probably get acquainted with your new weapons and armor." She then noticed the somehow familiar weight of metal on her. She twisted her neck to see her new regalia. She now had black armor with dark blue accents. She also had a typical Patapon hat on her head. And across her back were two sheathed scimitars. She nodded dumbly as Kami chuckled slightly, and drifted off. She sat down, and tried to figure out how she was going to wield her scimitars. She tried grabbing them with her hooves first. No go there, she just fell over. She tried to grip them with her wings, but they couldn't get enough of a grip to even unsheathe them. She slumped to the ground, annoyed with her arrangement. She thought wistfully of them unsheathing themselves. She was surprised as a spark came from her horn. She let out a squeak as this happened. She tried again, and this time, a faint aura surrounded her horn. She stared in awe for a moment, before she became filled with excitement.

"YESSSSSS! I HAVE MAGIC!" Hatapon, who was passed out from last night near the campfire, heard this. He sat up, groaning.

"So Luna's back huh?" He said groggily. Everyone had heard her last night, but had pretended to ignore it. He yawned, and stood up. He started looking for his flag, and found it. He also saw that Discords tooth had somehow been placed his flag, and that his flag was leaning on a small rock. He didn't grasp the implications because of his grogginess. As he bent to pick it up, and to grab the tooth, he tripped.This caused the flag to act as a catapult for the tooth, which rocketed through the air until it hit a passing bird. This caused it to land a little ways from the barracks.

"DANG IT!" Hatapon screamed as he ran. As he arrived, and as Kami and other Patapons gathered around to see what was the matter, the Tooth of Discord budded. It then began growing into a sort of cave, as everyone stepped backwards. Kami was the first one to break the silence.

"What happened Hatapon?" Hatapon cringed as he told Kami what had happened. Kami just sighed, and stepped forward to touch the portal. He then knew what it was for. It was used to connect to other worlds beyond his own. But to do so, he would have to send out a 'token'. This would let others send a request for help. The connection between the two worlds would freeze, stopping time between the two worlds until he accepted or rejected the request. If he accepted, then it would bring all of his troops, and himself to the other world. If it was rejected, then nothing would happen.

"Well, might as well." Then he called, "Do we have any extra Drums?"

"Not any good ones. Let me get one." Meden said before running off, and returning with a badly made drum.

"Put it in front of the portal." Meden did so, and Kami began to beat his drums.

"Pata pon, Pata pon, Pata pon" And so on. As he did so, he began to speak and the drum began to glow.

"To those who beat the drums of war,
To those who face insurmountable odds,
Beat the sacred drum,
And I will help you conquer your foes!" Then the drum flashed, and became a white drum.

"Well, off you go." Meden then pushed the White Drum into the Portal. Just as he was about to turn away, the portal flashed. "Well, that was fast." He turned back and checked the Portal.

“My name is Wilson Percival Higgsbury, and I’m so dead right now you cannot begin to comprehend! Please please please PLEASE HELP ME!!!”

Kami thought for a second, before deciding.

"Meden, before we leave, can we make more troops?" She thought for a moment.

"We can make five more of each. Is that good enough?"

"Yes. Now get on it." He waited as more Patapons were made, and were given their roles in the army.

"Now let us be off!" the army cheered as they marched through the portal.

Author's Note:

Well, next chapter is a CROSSOVER! I love those. Thanks to Flutter is Shy for prereading!