• Published 27th Dec 2014
  • 4,511 Views, 158 Comments

PIE: Patapon In Equestria - Runa



A guy buys a replica of the Pon drum from patapon on Etsy, and is sent to Equestria as the great Patapon. He then plants Mater, the Patapon tree of life, and brings the Patapon tribe to the new land. Now it is time for the Patapons to march!

  • ...
8
 158
 4,511

To war we go

The tribe stood at the edge of the forest. The land beyond the forest was more chaotic than Alice in Wonderland by a long shot. Beyond this, however, a Palace of crystal stood. Around the castle, the chaos was being slowly pushed back. The tribe looked for a moment at this view. It was startling to the Patapons especially, because they had never been beyond the forest before. Kami recovered first, and began to beet the drums.

"Pata pata pata pon!" The tribe replied.

"Pata pata pata pon!"


Discord looked up from his claw, which he was trimming with a fish. A notice was hanging in the air.

Kami would like to battle!

"Durak, could you please lead the troops to battle? I'll be along in a minute." Durak was trying to not be noticed, and was startled by Discord speaking to him.

"M-master? Why aren't you coming?" A flash happened, and when it faded Discord was sitting in front of a vanity mirror. He was applying makeup to his face.

"I need a minute to prepare, alright dear?"

"Yes, master." Durak then walked as quickly as he dared. A strange sensation started in Durak's head then, and all the other Discons stiffened.

Discord called to Durak. "Just think what you want them to do, and they'll do it!" Durak nodded, but discord wasn't done giving advise yet.

"And remember, the safe word is BANANA!" Discord then whispered to thin air.

"I may have slipped a little hive mind in after all, but what do you expect?"


They were continuing through the chaotic lands, with a steady rhythm.

"Pata pata pata pon!"

"Pata pata pata pon!"

Kami nearly missed a beat when he spotted the force of the horizon. His forces were outnumbered three to one. But the enemy seemed disorganized, and had no equipment. He quickly made his decision. He waited until the enemy were in striking distance.

"Pon pon pata pon!" The Tribe roared as they charged at the enemy.

"Pon pon pata pon!" Spears flew overhead and some skewered the enemy. They apparently weren't as resilient as a Patapon, because those who were skewered began to devolve into dough as they continued charging.

"Pon pon pata pon!"

"Pon pon pata pon!" The lines clashed then, and a few Patapons were dog piled by the enemy. But the Patapons that stayed up began to reek havoc on the enemy. And even those who were under the piles of Discons weren't quite down for the count quite yet. This was attested to by the piles of enemy's having dough start bubbling out. And the Yaripons hurled more spears at the enemy, getting more of them.

"Pon pon pata pon!"

"Pon pon pata pon!" One of the Discons had an idea, and grabbed a spear out of one of his ally's before it could be recalled, and stabbed it into a Tatepon one instant before it vanished. The Tatepon in question was not lethally wounded, but was weakened as arms started drooping slightly. The rest of the battle continued normally , but that wouldn't last long as the new idea spread though the Discon hivemind.

"Pon pon pata pon!"

"Pon pon pata pon!" Some Discons were able to stab the Patapons that were dog piled with spears thrown by Yaripons. But the Discon numbers were reduced by one third, as they were poorly made and meant to swarm.

"Pon pon pata pon!" Kami spotted who he assumed to be their commander. He could tell, as the supposed commander was staying a little way's away from the fighting. He shouted out in the next measure.

"Make your way to that one over there!" He pointed at Durak.

"Pon pon pata pon!" The free Patapons rushed toward Durak, and Durak started to run. The other Discons attempted to intercept the Patapons. Discord appeared in a flash just as Kami began to beat his drums again.

"So, Durak, why are you retreating?"

"Pon pon pata pon!"

"Just look at them master!"

"Pon pon pata pon!" One of the Yaripons hurled a spear at Durak when Discord turned his head. It flew wide. But it did, however, hit Discord right in the mouth. Discord recoiled as one of his fangs flew out of his mouth. One of the Tatepons ran and collected Discords fang as Discord was doubled over in pain. Discord threw one baleful look at Kami, then snapped his fingers. Both Discord and all of the Discons vanished in a flash of light.

The Patapons all broke out cheering as Kami stopped drumming. They had won! Hatapon came over then and gave a report.

"Great one! Only two Patapons have perished!" I nodded.

"We will resurrect them when we get back. For now, collect their hats." Hatapon nodded and went to gather the headgear of the fallen. I nodded happily. I was doing well so far.


Luna was sneaking around, trying to not be noticed by the task master known as Meden. She stealthily dodged behind the barracks, and removed a well made mat made from still living grass. Under the mat was a hole containing a hat. Not just any hat, but a Patapon hat.

"Now, how to do this..." She whispered. She needed some way to bind the hat to herself so that it would be HER hat. The only problem was how to do that. An idea struck her. She quickly grabbed a small stone, and chipped a piece off of her horn. She whimpered as she did this, but she was resolute in her want of this. She next plucked a feather from her wing, and chipped a piece off of her hoof. All the parts were painful, but she immediately began weaving the parts of herself into the hat. When she was done, she put the hat in the hole and covered it again.

"Soon" She happily whispered.

Author's Note:

Well, done at last. Sorry for taking so long. School, homework, monster hunter, Patapon 3, warframe, don't starve together, and reading has ensured its lateness. But it's done now. And what WILL I do with Discords tooth? Something interesting, that's what. Anyway, criticism, suggestions, or just want to chat, chuck it below. (Oh yes! And thanks to Flutter is Shy for editing!)