• Published 27th Dec 2014
  • 4,514 Views, 158 Comments

PIE: Patapon In Equestria - Runa



A guy buys a replica of the Pon drum from patapon on Etsy, and is sent to Equestria as the great Patapon. He then plants Mater, the Patapon tree of life, and brings the Patapon tribe to the new land. Now it is time for the Patapons to march!

  • ...
8
 158
 4,514

Pata pata patta!

I was trying to sleep, but apparently I couldn't anymore. I just got very bored in the trying. I sighed, and started floating around. Then, I heard muffled crying. I drifted closer to it, making sure not to be seen. What I saw was heartwarming. Celestia had her wing over Luna, who was crying. I could see that Celestia was trying to be strong, but she was barely able to hold her tears back.

"I miss Mommy and Daddy." Sniffled Luna.

Celestia replied, "I do too, Lulu. We will find them. They wouldn't let Discord destroy them." I smiled as I withdrew, giving them their privacy. Nothing else happened that night, so I spent most of it no-clipping though trees. Will that ever stop being fun?

That morning, my tribe found out about mornings. "Mhmmmmm, a little longer?" Asked Meden.

"No, we need to work today. And that means gathering enough materials to make another Yaripon."

Meden yawned as she said, "But I don't want to..."

I sighed as I said, "Well, too bad. We need more fighters. Once we're strong, you can take a break. Anyway, we need to hunt for food pretty soon."

"Fine." Meden said as she slowly rose from her spot.

"Now," I added, "You get the others up as well." She smiled at this. Misery likes company, after all.

I floated over to Luna and Celestia, and told them, "Get up, you two. If your going to stay here, you need to work." Luna slept through this.

But Celestia opened an eye, said, "No." and promptly shut it again.

I drifted over to Meden, who had just gotten Hatapon up, and told her, "Get those two up next, alright?" She nodded, an evil gleam in her eye. I quickly left, but heard incredulous cry's as Meden got them up. A little while later, I had them all gather around Mater. I ignored all the evil eye's directed toward Meden, who looked quit pleased with herself.

"Meden, Hatapon, Luna, and Celestia, you gather materials and make hats." I saw Luna's and Celestia's incredulous looks, and added, "Hat's are required to make new Patapons. And Yaripon, you hunt for meat. As much as you can get. Just don't anger anything you're not sure you can beat." The Yaripon nodded, and started heading into the forest. "The rest of you, get to work!" They all grumbled as they started.

That is, except for Luna. She seemed excited, the only damper on her mood was being awake so early in the morning. She was adorable as she ran around, finding the materials needed. And even more adorable as she tried to make hats. I say tried because they always fell apart after she was done.

Celestia was doing a little better. As in, she made one working hat by the time that we were done. But soon enough, Yaripon came back carrying a few rabbits. I noticed that as soon as she saw the dead rabbits, Celestia covered Luna's eye's. Understandable, I guess. A normal, human girl would have burst out crying. Who knows what a herbivore would do. As it was, I could see Celestia's disapproval.

I heard Luna say, "Stop it! I wana see!"

But Celestia just said, "No you don't." Luna whined a bit more, but Celestia didn't relent.

"Yaripon," I said, "Please put those where our guests can't see them." He complied. This Patapon seemed very quiet and obedient. Might just be a solder thing.

Then, I started hearing something. A kind of gentle didgeridoo accompanied by a drum. The drum sounded like the Pata drum.

"I need to go check on something. I should be back soon. You guy's know how to do this." I stared floating away before they could ask any questions. It was a game of hot and cold, but I was soon there. I floated in front of an entrance to a cave, with the sound emerging almost overwhelming. I floated inside, to see two things. One was a tree that seemed like it could be a relation of Mater, the other thing was the Pata drum. The Pata drum was in front of the tree. Something seemed off, like the tree was apposing the drum in some way, but I ignored it. I floated over to the drum, that's when the pain started.

The light coming off of the tree started burning me, and I recoiled at once. I noticed that the light was growing brighter and brighter, and as it was doing so, the drum was getting fainter and fainter. I risked the pain, and dashed in. I grabbed the drum, screaming, and dashed out. The light then dimmed, and I just stayed where I was. Little wisps of my burned essence curling off of me. Then drum receded into me, and I could feel it like I could feel the Pon drum.

I started heading back after that. I arrived soon to see that there were two new Yaripon's. This brought the total to three fighters. Meden noticed me first and rushed over to me. She asked, "Where were you?"

The others gathered around as I said, "I was investigating a strange noise that sounded like one of the drums. Long story short, I found the Pata drum."

Meden gaped and asked, "May we hear?" I nodded and pounded it four times.

"Pata pata pata pata." All of the Patapon's nodded their heads to the beat. Luna noticed it on the second beat and copied them.

Celestia came up to me and asked, "What's the importance of the drums, anyway?"

I though about it for a second, before saying, "The drums are used to issue commands to the Patapon army in battle. But not only that. They each represent different things, and each command makes the Patapon army better than it would normally be."

She asked, "What do they represent?"

"The Pon drum represents courage, the Pata drum represents power, the Chika drum represents wisdom, and the Don drum represents Miracle."

"Miracle seems a little out of place..."

I shrugged and said, "Well, it let's me preform miracle's." She looked at me a little sceptically.

I noticed that the sun had almost set before saying, "That's all for tonight! All of you, get to bed!" The two new Yaripon's looked a little put off by not being able to meet their god, and Luna seemed disappointed, but aside from those two things everyone went willingly enough. I settled in for a long sleepless night.

Author's Note:

Well, here's the next chapter. I'm going for a chapter a week, although I have no idea if I'll be able to do that. I'm not sure what I'm going to do next, but I have time to figure that out. I do know something for sure though. Luna's going to have big part in this. A huge part, in fact. So, any suggestions, comments, or if you just wana chat, put it down below.