• Published 20th Nov 2014
  • 759 Views, 6 Comments

Doctor Whooves 1 - The Eleventh - Captain Platinum Hit



A strange pony arrives and Rainbow Dash doesn't know what do think, until he takes her back to the changeling attack. I believe the Doctor has a new companion

  • ...
 6
 759

Chapter 3 - Doctor overboard

Chapter 3: Changeling overboard

The duo rushed back into the TARDIS and the Doctor ran a scan of the surrounding area.

“Ah-HA! A Changeling invasion ship Class-A in orbit.”

“What’s that?” inquired Rainbow.

“The spaceship the Changelings arrived in. It gets all the emotion from the people, or in your case, ponies, in a certain area - then converts it into food and power for all the Changelings. We have to get up there, but unfortunately I can’t use the Time Vortex or who knows what time we’ll actually get there.”

“So, how do we get up there?”

“I cloak the TARDIS and fly it up there in real time.”

With that he trotted over to the console and flipped a lever, then pulled the switch he’d identified as the flight mode control. He then took a hold of the 'wheel' and the TARDIS lurched and began to make the flight noises.

“So, I’m going to half dematerialize it to we can pass through the ships shields. If you look on the exterior scanner you can watch the outside in flight.”

“It looks like one of those third-pony games.”marveled Rainbow.

The TARDIS was slightly translucent and flew towards the now visible spaceship. It looked rather like a barbed arrow head and was just as holey as the Changelings themselves. The TARDIS passed seamlessly through the green bubble surrounding it. It then landed in a large hangar and rematerialized, becoming solid again. The two ponies took their eyes off of the scanner and trotted out the door.

“Hey, my ar-hoof is starting to hurt. Where can I put the Sonic?”

“Your pocket.” replied Rainbow.

“I’m not wearing any clothing Rainbow.”

“No - look.” she stuck her hand into his pocket.

“You know, you pony folk never cease to amaze me!”

The clopped over to a large green capsule and the Doctor led Rainbow inside and shut the door.

“This has quite sophisticated workings for a Changeling ship. It would appear they have installed a Type 78.9.2 atom shifter!”

“Huh?”

“It’s an automatic teleporter.”

“Right.”

The Doctor flipped a switch and everything went green (what was it with Changelings and green?) and suddenly came into focus in a room with a huge intricate machine with a glowing green orb at the center.

Rainbow managed to absorb this in the 5.5 seconds before she threw up and tumbled over backwards - an interesting process to watch in the Doctor’s mind, as she had an entire two back legs and rump to fall over.

“What in the name of Celestia is that?!”

“That, my dear Rainbow, would be the ship’s emotion converter. It is taking on an immense amount of energy...hmmm...I wonder.”

“What is it Doc?”

“Well, if I release the energy the magic burst from Cadense should combine with it and create a miniature rift in the fabric of space and time. Not big enough to do any lasting damage - but enough so that the energy with recognise the Changelings and suck them in leaving the ponies and whatnot alone. But-”

“But what? What is it Doc.”

“Once the Changelings are sucked in they should be sucked back to their planet, but once the ships mental connection to the Changeling Queen/Leader/Admiral/whatever is broken, the ship will disintegrate. So we have to be real quick and make a break for the TARDIS after I release the energy and we teleport back to the hangar.”

“Okay then. Good thing I’m known for speed. And her name is pronounced ‘Cadence’.”

“Okay - on the count of three. One...two...THREE!”

The Sonic emitted a high pitched warble just as the light violet wave passed through the ship.

The two ponies rushed to the teleporter just as the ship began to make sounds that sounded like a ponylance. They teleported and ran (messely at best) towards the TARDIS, and just managed to get through the doors when the outside floor disappeared. They collapsed on the floor and the Doctor asked Rainbow if she’d like to come with him.

“How about it Rainbow Dash. All of time and space! Anything that ever happened or ever will.”

“What about my friends? Won’t they miss me?”

“Time Machine.”

“Right. TOTALLY!”

The Doctor flipped the demat’ lever and the TARDIS began to dematerialize.

Then suddenly there was a loud bang, a flash and a grey pegasus with black spiky mane and tail appeared on the TARDIS floor.

“Oh, not again.” said the silky voice of Discorded Whooves, the reversed Doctor.

Next time

The Doctor meets his past self to find him Discorded! Not only that but this is not his first time in Equestria.

The Doctor, the other Doctor and Rainbow Dash must stop the Weeping Pegasi, restore the Discorded Doctor to his old Derpy loving, pear hating self, and if that wasn’t enough they also must return the regular Doctors memory.

Author's Note:

Hope you liked my first doctor whooves fanfiction and watch out for my next one ‘Discorded Dilemma’.

The inspiration for this came from the ‘Tales of Time and Space’, ‘Doctor Whooves Adventures/ and Assistant’, MLP (of course), ‘Ask Discord Whooves’ and ‘Docs stuck in a Box’.

Comments ( 4 )

Meh. It was too short. Generally around here, it's best to have chapters at least 1000 words long (Unless it was a short snippet type thing). Your grammar s okay, but you either need to proofread your work or get an editor. It wasn't that good of a story, although the characterization of the Doctor did get better (still bland) after the first chapter.

Personally, I think you should fix your problems with this story first before moving onto a sequel. In fact, this story's so short, you could combine all three chapters into one, and each subsequent story into a new chapter instead of another sequel.

Rainbow Dash and the Doctor's personalities aren't much, and you seem to rely on familiar phrases in the fandoms to get by. Rainbow Dash takes this a little too calmly, and the Doctor screams too much. The 11th Doctor only yells against Daleks, the Atraxi, or when making a grand speech, not every time he gets excited. If that was true, watching Doctor Who would suck.

Lastly, not a criticism, but every Doctor Who/MLP fan knows about the existence of the background Doctors. (Blue pegasus, brown pegasus, blue unicorn, other blue unicorn, dark brown earth pony, light brown earth pony, blue earth pony, pink earth pony, brown unicorn, etc.)

Not going to upvote or downvote, it wasn't that good or bad.

Well, okay. You are a bit harsh with the whole "It's not that good a story" thing, but okay. He does go all funny about the magic thing though. Mayor Mare often say's 'Filly's and Gentlecolt's' so. And for the bit with the TARDIS translating, it does - but he knows what language it was in before it was translated. This is exampled in the newer version of Doctor Whooves and Assistant as 'I speak horse and you my friend aren't." I haven't actually said what size the box is and as an Alixorn Twilight has less control over her magic.
He invites Rainbow in because he's fascinated with her and because anyone who see's a talking pegasus that's blue with Rainbow hair is going to do ANYTHING to befriend them. And may I remind you that he actually promised to take a ten year old girl into the TARDIS so a pegasus is pretty much a no brainer and finally - after the Changelings he decide's that you can't take a girl on one amazing trip and just leave them behind afterwards He open's the TARDIS doors suddenly because it's basically equal to saying "Long story short." Rainbow doesn't know it's a Fez and for that chapter I was basing it on what she thinks while maintaining the flexibility of the third person approach. The * was a accident and I will get rid of it and I will make him a bit more excited about the talking horse thing.

You will find I've changed it. I am not that good at ending stories so that's why and I promise that the sequel will be something to look forward to. It's to late to stop writing the second story as I've nearly finished the first chapter of that. And no - not everyone knows all the Doctor Whooves.

And if I combined all the chapters into one then I'd be going against the 'episode' affect I've been going for the whole time.

Login or register to comment